So what is the first coach or domino to fall?

Draconator

We run so many stupid stunts.  Those take time - they were great in the 90s when QBs took maybe 3 seconds to throw the ball and most were statues.  

They don’t confuse lineman much and unless you’re blitzing I consider them a waste.  

You need your guy to beat their guy off the ball physically one on one and get pressure asap

• Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 4

35 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

We had the eighth hardest schedule I believe at the end of the year and our wins over KC and Baltimore came with a healthy Von Miller.  I don't expect any changes to our coordinators.

How'd that work out for them?

Hey Doc, if you want the reincarnation of Marty he's already here. Sean will waste Josh's entire career. 

Guys.. guys... guys...

is this defense not just mcdermotts defense? I mean really what do you think will change with our defensive philosophy if Frazier is fired? It's McDs defense and it always has been.  Firing frazier for doing what mcd ask him to do is basically a cop out.  

We all know McD isn't getting fired so, we may as well just get used to it=p

• Sad 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, BillsFan692 said:

Guys.. guys... guys...

is this defense not just mcdermotts defense? I mean really what do you think will change with our defensive philosophy if Frazier is fired? It's McDs defense and it always has been.  Firing frazier for doing what mcd ask him to do is basically a cop out.  

Eventually doesnt what comes next is age old “let me shop for the groceries” power struggle between HC vs GM?

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Draconator said:

I don't think McBeane is going to take this domination by Cincinnati lightly. Some heads are going to roll. I'm kinda refreshing Twitter to see what it's going to be. I know, way too soon, but something is going to go down. I just don't know what or who it's going to be. Most likely scenario in my mind both Frasier and Dorsey are gone. 

never liked Frazier and and want new systems on both sides of the ball. Sick of the bend AND break defense and we need a balanced offense. Our running and passing dont set each other up an it like random plays out there.

McDermott coached under Jim Johnson , who was one of the best and most aggressive DC s out there and need to get back to that. Also need to make adjustments sooner and not stay in the 52 all the time and get run over all day.

i want the Kyle shannahan offense and McDermott deep down wants to run the ball more and this would do it and take pressure off josh to be perfect all the time. I want Greg Roman as our run game coordinator

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, BillsFan692 said:

Guys.. guys... guys...

Frazier will be fired and McD will just hire another guy to run his worthless Tampa 2 zone. So yes this is a total cop out but unfortunately Leslie's time with this team should've ended long ago. 

24 minutes ago, Dr.Sack said:

Didn’t Andy Reid fire McDermott?

Is this true?

6 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Frazier will be fired and McD will just hire another guy to run his worthless Tampa 2 zone. So yes this is a total cop out but unfortunately Leslie's time with this team should've ended long ago. 

Is this true?

Yes in 2011. This marked the first time in Reid’s 12 year career. https://www.inquirer.com/philly/blogs/dneagles/McDermott_out_as_Reid_changes_his_mind.html

20 minutes ago, Dr.Sack said:

Eventually doesnt what comes next is age old “let me shop for the groceries” power struggle between HC vs GM?

I have a sneaky suspicion that Sean's been shopping for the defensive "groceries" since day 1.  Beane gets to pick the offensive players.  JMHO

Edited by LABILLBACKER

1 hour ago, DabillsDaBillsDaBills said:

McDermott can't scapegoat the ST coach again, so I'm thinking it'll be Kromer. O-line was bad all year and an absolute train wreck today. Kromer would be a scapegoat that actually deserves to be fired 

Frazier should've been fired last year, but if he survived 13 seconds I think he survives this. The cynic in me wonders if the Bills are hoping for him to be hired as a HC somewhere else as we would get comp picks. 

Scapegoats offered under McBeane be out of character for them.

If anything, expect them to offer up the least they feel be needed.

8 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

I have a sneaky suspicion that Sean's been shopping for the defensive "groceries" since day 1.  Beane gets to pick the offensive players.  JMHO

Agreed. Hindsight is 20/20 so the overall negativity on the 2019 to present drafts are reasonable. 2017 to 2018 amazing.

1 hour ago, VaMilBill said:

I think Frazier should absolutely be gone. 13 seconds, now this whole season. 

and if McD wants to save his own butt he will fire Dorsey and get a better OC (hopefully Reich) to take the reins and make the offense more efficient and fluid

I'd love to see Frank back in Buffalo. He's a good coach, but a better OC.

• Agree 2

1 minute ago, TampaBillsJunkie said:

I'd love to see Frank back in Buffalo. He's a good coach, but a better OC.

I wouldn’t want to see Frank here for anything higher than OC. But it would be a possible feel good move by the Bills if Dorsey gets the job in Carolina. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Draconator said:

I don't think McBeane is going to take this domination by Cincinnati lightly. Some heads are going to roll. I'm kinda refreshing Twitter to see what it's going to be. I know, way too soon, but something is going to go down. I just don't know what or who it's going to be. Most likely scenario in my mind both Frasier and Dorsey are gone. 

I think you may be disappointed in your expectations unfortunately. I mean, McD said he “saw the effort” out there today from his team, where he saw that I have no idea. Maybe he’s just delusional enough to think his coordinators aren’t part of the problem too. 

13 minutes ago, Billznut said:

I wouldn’t want to see Frank here for anything higher than OC. But it would be a possible feel good move by the Bills if Dorsey gets the job in Carolina. 

A lot of teams need a HC and OC, so if they’re going to do it let’s hope it’s asap. 

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Brian Higgins hair said:

The right move here is first, to see if Dorsey is hired away.

If not, remove him.
IMO, his creativity and ability to adapt/choose the next level of  playbook plays to the situation isn’t even college level talent. He freezes up mentally and reverts to vertical throws.

Dorsey is losing Diggs. He’s already ruined Gabe. Knox is an afterthought. If we want to keep this team mentally in the game, I would certainly look to Reich. Smarter and proven.

The question will be this: Will McDermott be too insecure to pull that move?

They’re not going to remove a rookie coordinator that their franchise QB likes it’s not happening

6 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

This whole season? They were 13 and three.

You can’t honestly say our defense was effective all year. They never seemed to get the important stops and let teams stay in games. Rarely did we play complimentary football. 

• Like (+1) 3

4 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

They’re not going to remove a rookie coordinator that their franchise QB likes it’s not happening

Possibly.. It would be  a very Billsey move if they feel Dorsey was good enough.
Does this franchise want to win? Or, is a terrible offense with key players like Diggs openly revolting the plan?

I think the only one I would think would be considered is the D line coach.  

24 minutes ago, VaMilBill said:

You can’t honestly say our defense was effective all year. They never seemed to get the important stops and let teams stay in games. Rarely did we play complimentary football. 

Only reason we are talking about this is both sides of the football sucked against the Bengals.  The defense at least had a decent excuse being without our two main leaders in Miller and Hyde.  

6 hours ago, BillsFan692 said:

Guys.. guys... guys...

Right. But it’s time to just be a figurehead HC and employ a young brilliant guy to run a more aggressive pressure zone D (bengals DC) or straight man (Spags , 49ers). He has a ton of pressure on him every year they flub out of the playoffs

5 hours ago, LABILLBACKER said:

100. He picks guys that are culture / head coach teachers pets. I cringe now when the bills pick a player and this is what’s said about them “a coach on the field “. “His coaches loved him, team player.” 

bernard most recently

zay jones 

tre white 

6 hours ago, Dr.Sack said:

Yes in 2011. This marked the first time in Reid’s 12 year career. https://www.inquirer.com/philly/blogs/dneagles/McDermott_out_as_Reid_changes_his_mind.html

There’s some interesting bread crumbs in there if you care to look.  Especially about McD’s propensity to fall in love with certain players and not make changes until it’s too late. 

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Draconator said:

McBeane should be looking in the mirror with that HORRIBE offensive line he hogtied Josh with.  All of them.  Even Morse.  I know everybody loves Morse but I don't care.  This is football.  Go to church if you want to hear nice talk.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Reverse Meathead said:

McBeane should be looking in the mirror with that HORRIBE offensive line he hogtied Josh with.  All of them.  Even Morse.  I know everybody loves Morse but I don't care.  This is football.  Go to church if you want to hear nice talk.

Not drafting chiefs C instead of Basham will haunt my dreams . By the way the C is all pro !

Unfortunately, I doubt there will be any major changes. Maybe just a couple of positional coaches. However, Frazier should be fired, the defense was a paper tiger all year and was just severely exposed by Cinci. I would love to see Dorsey gone too. His offense always felt off all year, I know they put up some numbers but they just disappeared for long stretches during games. Nothing ever seemed to be in synch.

A more veteran OC would be preferable, might help to calm JA down.

Something needs to be done. They can't just let this slide and head into the next season with no significant changes.

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, VaMilBill said:

and if McD wants to save his own butt he will fire Dorsey and get a better OC (hopefully Reich) to take the reins and make the offense more efficient and fluid

I see Reich getting a HC job… probably Carolina 

8 hours ago, VaMilBill said:

Reich would be a great fit for OC with JA at the helm of the offense. BUT......

8 hours ago, Big Blitz said:

Dorsey, after getting the endorsement of your franchise QB, just finished year one and improved on nearly every major stat vs 2021

He isn’t getting fired.  

Frazier, isn’t getting fired for losing Hyde, Miller, Hamlin, not having Tre White (80% of him) until December, or drafting AJ Epenessa and Boogie Basham.   

This is the more likely scenario. 

6 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

Josh asked for Dorsey, Beasley, and Brown by name as well as jobs for Gentry and Barkley. 

I don’t mind going to your star QB for input but given the result of this season, it’s likely too far. 

8 hours ago, Big Blitz said:

Dorsey, after getting the endorsement of your franchise QB, just finished year one and improved on nearly every major stat vs 2021

He isn’t getting fired.  

Frazier, isn’t getting fired for losing Hyde, Miller, Hamlin, not having Tre White (80% of him) until December, or drafting AJ Epenessa and Boogie Basham.   

ESPN Headline behind their paywall:

”Bills title window is closed.”

Good.  Let’s go into the off season the actual underdogs we are and will be until we win a SB or reimagine our trenches to look like the Eagles - who would have annihilated us.  

The underdog crap doesn't fly anymore pal

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.