Bengals @ Bills - Post Game Thread - January 22, 2023 - NFL Divisional Round Playoffs

BuffaloBill

Everyone is going to talk about skill position players all offseason…this team has zero physicality. That’s been the issue for 3 ***** years. You can’t stop the run and any physical front pushes you straight backwards. We don’t need WRs. We need physical linemen and a philosophy change. We have a QB that’s perfect for the Super Bowl Panthers offense and defensive personnel that should be much better. The reason we regularly can’t run or stop the run is because both of our lines are finesse. This is the issue. Won’t be fixed and unfortunately probably won’t even be realized. Worry about the WRs….The issue is the line. Need a much more physical LB then Edmunds as well but that will be completely ignored 

Edited by Brianmoorman4jesus
  • Agree 2

17 minutes ago, Meatloaf63 said:

That is part of the problem, Dorsey can’t control him, and the play design is just terrible.

Control what? Without Josh this coaching staff would have been gone long ago. Our O put up 34 points when our staff let him play football and 10 when they tried to play conservative. Down 14-0 and you run back to back run plays, that’s MCD

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Floydboy12 said:

Some good FA signings, some good late round draft picks. But how Beane continually escapes criticism for his early round draft picks other than Allen I have no idea. And any other franchise would have jettisoned their DC after last years KC debacle. Allen needs weapons. I’m not sure the Bills have the GM to identify and acquire them. And I know they don’t have the DC to win big boy football games. 

Even with Josh, we traded away the opportunity to draft Mahomes. Even with Diggs, we traded away the opportunity to draft Jefferson.

It's so Billsy that, even when they get great players, others benefit from it too.

• Like (+1) 1

Not a insult to Beasley and Brown, who actually did us a favor coming back, but can we possibly at least try, attempt, or even think about upgrading our WRs?  How about the guys that protect Josh Allen?  Think about it, maybe?  The fact that Beasley and Brown were brought back because our Wrs sucked so bad is infuriating.  Dont start the season with a worse WR group then the previous year and you don't have to bring the old boys back again!!!!!!!   Enough with this garbage ass defensive focus with draft capital and FA contracts!!!!!!

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, UKBillFan said:

Dorsey should be asking that question if that's what he's calling. And maybe questions should be asked why Josh is ignoring him if he's not following play calls - actually, they should have been asked well before now.

I completely agree.  Someone there has to be able to reign that in.  When he is on time and in rhythm they are unstoppable.

3 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

Isn't NOT coming out of the tunnel flat before the biggest game of the year supposed to be one of those things that falls to the Head Coach of the team?   

Yes. I’m not ready to ***** can him like many here but he will definitely need to look himself in the mirror and know that he did not have the team ready to play.

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, wppete said:

That’s just sad if that is the case. If no major shake up happens we will be the Dolphins of the 80s and 90s.

That’s where we are headed, wasting Josh and Diggs, if there are no changes it’s over. This ain’t working and it’s not going to change I’m afraid.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

Everyone is going to talk about skill position players all offseason…this team has zero physicality. That’s been the issue for 3 ***** years. You can’t stop the run and any physical front pushes you straight backwards. We don’t need WRs. We need physical linemen and a philosophy change. We have a QB that’s perfect for the Super Bowl Panthers offense and defensive personnel that should be much better. The reason we regularly can’t run if stop the run is because both of our lines are finesse. This is the issue. Won’t be fixed and unfortunately probably won’t even be realized. Worry about the WRs….The issue is the line. Need a much more physical LB then Edmunds as well but that will be completely ignored 

Well having Taron Johnson in instead of an extra LB sure the ***** don’t help

6 minutes ago, Roundybout said:

If you fire McD, you lose the team. Simple as. 

Diggs and the other vets will leave. They don't want a rebuild. 

Every coach has been forced to fire their coordinators. Andy Reid has done it a dozen times to save his job.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, UKBillFan said:

Dorsey should be asking that question if that's what he's calling. And maybe questions should be asked why Josh is ignoring him if he's not following play calls - actually, they should have been asked well before now.

There is some truth to this.

There are some tendencies I think Allen needs to correct in his approach to going through progressions.

Having an OL collapse around him every snap does not help Allen or any QB overcome tendencies. Just the opposite usually.

• Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, CoudyBills said:

You would have to ask Josh why he isn't taking them.  

He can take all the check downs he wants no one outside of Diggs scares any defense we play. The league is about coaching and playmakers, we have the softest D Coordinator in the league and no other weapons then Diggs. Plain and simple, so now it's about business and the team. No more were family talk because as much as a family this coaching staff has been it's time to put the team above personal feelings, if pegula can't see this after this game especially, then we're in for mediocrity for another season.

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, Iverwig said:

Shooting in Buffalo before the season, yes the two snowstorms and not making it home for Christmas. Regardless of all that the biggest thing was Hamlin. So it’s not other than Hamlin as that was pretty big seeing your teammate and friend have to have CPR performed on him. That one event is a lot to handle. I get fan is short for fanatic but some of you need to get a grip on what the team actually went through emotionally. 

Jesus, you're going to blame the shooting at Tops as a reason the team underperformed? So is that also an excuse if the Sabres miss the playoffs? That's just ridiculous. If not making it home for Christmas contributed to this loss, then I stand by my comment of a weak organization.  God , if those are valid reasons, then this team is weak, but I think you're way off. The oline was no good and that hurt most. Defense missing key players and didn't have the depth to hold up. 

Just now, BananaB said:

Well having Taron Johnson in instead of an extra LB sure the ***** don’t help

They never come off that. Doesn’t matter down or distance. I literally hate this defense. I’d take an aggressive Defense that gets greedy and makes mistakes over this ***** passive aggressive shell anyway. It’s infuriating. You will beat the impatient, lazy ***** QBs. The decent ones are going to carve you a new #######. They have all day to do anything 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Do this coaching staff a solid and fire them all tomorrow out of respect so they can find other positions with other teams before they are all snatched up.  This is the best you are going to get with this staff.  Time for a change.  NFL = not for long.  Sorry, but that's the biz.

Edited by phypon

21 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

be better Wiz

So should I blame someone else then for the defense getting man handled in this game or just do it in better taste?

Let me try it again:

Thank God for being a white coach in my coaching tree unspoken rule:

635f04736713d.image.jpg?resize=1200,800

The point is neither of them deserve a HC interview.

Edited by The Wiz

The Bengals are a terrible matchup for Buffalo. Had Baltimore pulled the upset last week the Bills would be going to the AFC championship game.

Cincy is built to exploit all of our weaknesses. Chase is arguably the best WR in the NFL. 

Plus, to all of you talking about firings, do you remember where we were for almost 2 decades!?! I am enjoying this run. Josh Allen makes you a contender all by himself. Maybe next year the ball bounces our way.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Iverwig said:

Shooting in Buffalo before the season, yes the two snowstorms and not making it home for Christmas. Regardless of all that the biggest thing was Hamlin. So it’s not other than Hamlin as that was pretty big seeing your teammate and friend have to have CPR performed on him. That one event is a lot to handle. I get fan is short for fanatic but some of you need to get a grip on what the team actually went through emotionally. 

The Bills have had:

- The supermarket shooting pre-season which affected the team and community

- The Matt Araiza situation which would have affected the locker room, no matter what was said to the contrary

- The scary Dane Jackson injury against the Titans, which he thankfully bounced back from quickly but was horrible at the time

- Miami heat, where Tommy Doyle had to play with a torn ACL to finish the game and players were dropping with dehydration

- Losing Micah Hyde and Von Miller to season ending injuries

- Josh playing with a bad elbow since week eight and I can't recall if his ankle was on the injury report this week but may explain the lack of running plays

- Snow game against the Browns, where they were stranded for Christmas

- Damar Hamlin's collapse at The Jungle

It felt like there was a rearguard action against something not completely in their control from the off. I think changes do need to be made but, at the same time, I do think hitting a wall was partially the reason behind today.

• Vomit 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Meatloaf63 said:

That’s where we are headed, wasting Josh and Diggs, if there are no changes it’s over. This ain’t working and it’s not going to change I’m afraid.

I almost want to say bring back Rex Ryan and let him take care of the Defense. At the very least he is aggressive. I rather  win or lose knowing we play aggressive….. (im half joking about Rex)

• Disagree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Just now, JayBaller10 said:

Joey B had a piss poor OL in front of him, but that dude got the ball out quick. He processes very fast and knows where to go with the ball. Someone said a young Tom Brady, I can’t argue against that.

His piss poor line held up far better than our starters.

Just saying.

And i like their backup LT - could start for a lot of teams and would certainly push Dawkins the way he has been playing.

3 minutes ago, UKBillFan said:

Even with Josh, we traded away the opportunity to draft Mahomes. Even with Diggs, we traded away the opportunity to draft Jefferson.

It's so Billsy that, even when they get great players, others benefit from it too.

Mahommes would never be the same player in Buffalo as he is in KC. Josh started with Zay, Robert Foster, KB and Charles Clay. Daboll 5 years ago couldn’t even be put in a conversation with Andy Reid

Just now, UmbrellaMan said:

The Bengals are a terrible matchup for Buffalo. Had Baltimore pulled the upset last week the Bills would be going to the AFC championship game.

Cincy is built to exploit all of our weaknesses. Chase is arguably the best WR in the NFL. 

Plus, to all of you talking about firings, do you remember where we were for almost 2 decades!?! I am enjoying this run. Josh Allen makes you a contender all by himself. Maybe next year the ball bounces our way.

That’s the problem if Allen isn’t in Superman mode they can’t score!

5 minutes ago, CoudyBills said:

I completely agree.  Someone there has to be able to reign that in.  When he is on time and in rhythm they are unstoppable.

IF - and there's no proof of this being the case - Josh does not respect and/or trust Dorsey enough to follow his play calling then something needs to give. And that's probably movign Dorsey on and bringing in a firmer OC to get Josh to toe the line.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.