Bengals @ Bills - Post Game Thread - January 22, 2023 - NFL Divisional Round Playoffs

BuffaloBill

1 minute ago, TheBrownBear said:

If we are honest with ourselves, we have always been sort of a soft finesse team under McDermott.  We don't appear to have a real identity outside of Josh Allen and a charitable fanbase that jumps through tables.  

Bc McDermott is a meek humble safe conservative MOUSE

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, LeGOATski said:

Disagree. It's so much worse when they're not even competitive.

This is so much worse. I wasn't embarrassed to be a Bills fan last year. This is the worst loss in Buffalo Bills history, given the stakes and the context. This was also the last year that we will win the AFCE. It's the Fins division now.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Vomit 1

1 minute ago, BearNorth said:

Cinci had 4 guys on the O-line who were essentially of Bates, Brown, Saffold quality, their one decent O-lineman Karras, played hurt most of the game.  Our highly drafted/highly paid D-line couldn't stop the run, or get to Burrow.

They ran the ball.  Smart really.  We sat Jones (our space eater) and we played pass rushers and then it snowed.  They took their back ups and just leaned on us and we couldn't stop them.  Once the run was established we were left guessing and we didn't play run or pass well after that.

It wasn't even close. The bills had no business being on the same field as the Bengals. Was never a game from the very first possession. The only explanation for being completely dominated by a team playing three second string lineman is bad coaching. Just pathetic display. McDermont, Frazier, and especially Dorsey should go f*** themselves 

• Agree 2

Just now, Warcodered said:

Dorsey is rough around the edges, but the offense was awfully effective in his first season as an OC to just move on, with a year under his belt he could be much better.

There was no running game this year asides from Allen’s scrambles. And Allen’s turnovers also went up. Idk I don’t like Dorsey’s plans or calls.

I am ready for a d coordinator change. The defense always seems to be good on paper but I feel like they fail the eye test too often.

Sick of the “play it safe” defense.

I knew we we’re screwed days ago when a reporter asked Leslie Frazier something along the lines of “the bengals were moving the ball well on your defense. Are you going to change the way you defend them?” and Frazier said “no. We are just gonna keep doing what we do”. I was like 🤦‍♂️

Problem is I don’t see McDermott firing Frazier and I doubt he gets a head coaching job after teams watched him blow it 2 post seasons in a row.

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Process said:

What's going on here? I missed it on the broadcast. If he's actually yelling at Allen I would have liked to see Allen get up and tell him to STFU.

Diggs is always chirping. He gets 100 targets per game. A big part of what stalls this offense is constantly throwing the ball to the same 2-3 guys and not forcing defenses to respect every pass catcher. 

I like Diggs, but he’s gotta clean that stuff up.

1 minute ago, Warcodered said:

Dorsey is rough around the edges, but the offense was awfully effective in his first season as an OC to just move on, with a year under his belt he could be much better.

If you just look at the numbers, maybe. But I have serious doubts he can help Josh progress to the next level as a cerebral playmaker.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Just now, NyQuil said:

Frazier and Dorsey should both be fired tomorrow.

This season should have been fun to watch and not maddeningly frustrating.

Thankyou...I seen this coming...seen it last year after 13s...I've been saying it all year and labeled a hater and I didn't know what I was talking about

To be honest, this loss tells us where this team is.  They are NOT the deepest roster in football.  Last year hurt WAY more.  The game in KC was winnable.  With that roster.  This year, they simply suffered too many setbacks, some external, some self inflicted.

This team can still win it all, but they have work to do to be sure.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.