Bengals @ Bills - Post Game Thread - January 22, 2023 - NFL Divisional Round Playoffs

BuffaloBill

McDemott will start the 2023 season on the hot seat. The reality is when expectations are high just making the playoffs no longer cuts it. 

Forget who it was, maybe @Chaos ?but they did a great breakdown of how a head coach and QB combo will win the Super Bowl within the first 5 seasons of being together. McDemott and Allen are going into year six next season. They are currently going backwards. Allen isn’t going anywhere.   

• Agree 1

Just now, wppete said:

Who get Fired first? Frazier? Dorsey or McDermott??? There is no way there will not be any major accountability after this? Heads have to roll to make a statement. There is no other way. 

I’d be stunned if anyone gets fired. This ####### survived blowing a lead with 13 seconds left last year. The guy is bulletproof apparently 

1 minute ago, buffalobillswin said:

I know the tagline of this board is “everyone else’s fault besides Allen” but Mahomes widened the gap this year and Burrow overtook him. Really have to cut down the turnovers next year. 

Josh didn't play amazing but today sure as hell was not his fault. Not even close. Bills saw schemes from the Bengals that were built to beat the bills. Bills were completely unprepared for it. 

Not to mention we saw a franchise that gave their QB 4 recieving options better than the bills 2nd best option.

2 minutes ago, GETTOTHE50 said:

Byron leftwich was fired and he’s not nearly as bad as Dorsey or Frazier. These two need to go. I’ll give McD one more year, but he’s not untouchable. I mean The iggles fired their one coach that won them a superbowl.

Dorsey is rough around the edges, but the offense was awfully effective in his first season as an OC to just move on, with a year under his belt he could be much better.

Edited by Warcodered

4 minutes ago, Mango said:

What a weird interaction between Burrow and Allen…

Allen had a bit to say. Burrow has zero reaction and nothing to say. But immediately walks away?

The Bengals aren't into the touchy-feely family crap.  They are into winning football games by kicking your ass.  

• Eyeroll 1

1 minute ago, BeavercreekBillsFan said:

Must be a harsh reality to those who bashed us that called this all week. This was always a bad matchup for us but more importantly I HOPE (can’t stress that enough) that this gets frazier canned and McDermott (although that’s not happening). Will you all admit Beane isn’t all that great either finally? Hasn’t drafted a pro bowler in 4 years. Holes everywhere. 

Why are you coming on here to settle message board scores right now? 

Let’s have a real discussion.  When you play a straight scheme on D, you’re completely susceptible to being manipulated by a smart QB who can use his eyes to move defenders around.  The Bills telegraph what they’re going to do on offense and dare offenses to execute against it.  They ALWAYS have trouble with cerebral QBs who can move Edmunds and Poyer out of the way with their eyes.  That’s the issue with the scheme we run.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, BeavercreekBillsFan said:

SF isn’t just defense. Their offense is unstoppable too with CMC. Him with shanahan is a cheat code. They’re going to murder Dallas. 

Don't forget Philly...they had 70!! sacks this year

1 minute ago, Process said:

What's going on here? I missed it on the broadcast. If he's actually yelling at Allen I would have liked to see Allen get up and tell him to STFU.

Looking back at his head angle, I don't think he's moaning at Josh - I think he's interacting with the guy to Josh's right, who just moves into frame temporarily.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Process said:

What's going on here? I missed it on the broadcast. If he's actually yelling at Allen I would have liked to see Allen get up and tell him to STFU.

That happens often in the NFL and it’s no big deal. I Remember Jim Kelly going off on Andre Reed on a televised game. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.