Shady and Poyer talking about Hyde possibly returning this week

extrahammer

50 minutes ago, I am the egg man said:

You are simply lost. You won't back off. Was/is Shady a perfect human being? Maybe not, but the point is that he gave the Bills everything he had and I for one wish we could have gotten him a few years earlier. Yet, his first year with the Bills was a beauty for sure. Thank Shady!!!

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Beck Water said:

Unless it was recent, I wouldn't get excited over it; Hyde has been open all along that it's not up to him, but rather up to the doctors.

Of course it's not going to be up to Hyde individually.

It will be a huge group decision made by about 6 people, and the conversation won't even start until he's fully medically cleared to play and the coaching staff is convinced he's up to speed and won't be a liability on the field.

You can argue Tre White came back too soon, based purely on his performance.

Here's how it will work:  if there's any possible way Hyde can go, and and be an improvement over what we have now, he'll be out there.  

The season is on the line here.

• Agree 1

Just now, Spiderweb said:

You are simply lost. You won't back off. Was/is Shady a perfect human being? Maybe not, but the point is that he gave the Bills everything he had and I for one wish we could have gotten him a few years earlier. Yet, his first year with the Bills was a beauty for sure. Thank Shady!!!

Not lost, at home. Me back off? Why you here?

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, I am the egg man said:

Thank goodness TB12 never had that kind of dirt on him or there’d be a new thread daily bashing him for such.

The truth shall set you free.

Now that both your teams are golfing, maybe you can go stalk the Pats and Bucs a bit to see if they'll give you an autograph.

2 minutes ago, pocoboy said:

The truth shall set you free.

Now that both your teams are golfing, maybe you can go stalk the Pats and Bucs a bit to see if they'll give you an autograph.

My teams golfing. The Bills and Sabres are golfing? Good for them.

Just now, Big Turk said:

No...he just dresses up as one to go shoplifting...😂

main-qimg-3fec3b5ece248745f35c199f4182d2

That from a Janes Addiction video?

1 hour ago, boyst said:

I think there is a big reveal and Hyde plays. Just a hunch.

Also, been waiting on news about Kim

Doctors have cleared him to play..McDermott needs to drop his ultra safe nature and coach as if this is the playoffs!....it's win or go into the offseason.....it's hard to get to this point and if we squander it again it will be 3 yrs of Allen's superbowl window down the drain

3 minutes ago, Nephilim17 said:

Very interesting. Poyer doesn't even touch the comment. I bet Sean told the players to not talk about it.

But this suggests there's a good chance we see Hyde on the field if we advance...

We need him on the field SUNDAY or it's a good chance we don't advance

1 minute ago, Billever76 said:

Doctors have cleared him to play..McDermott needs to drop his ultra safe nature and coach as if this is the playoffs!....it's win or go into the offseason.....it's hard to get to this point and if we squander it again it will be 3 yrs of Allen's superbowl window down the drain

Where/when do you see doctors cleared Hyde to play?

11 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

No...he just dresses up as one to go shoplifting...😂

main-qimg-3fec3b5ece248745f35c199f4182d2

12 minutes ago, I am the egg man said:

My teams golfing. The Bills and Sabres are golfing? Good for them.

That from a Janes Addiction video?

Well, it's just a simple fact
When I want something,
I don't want to pay for it
I walk right through the door
Walk right through the door
Hey all right!
If I get by, it's mine
Mine all mine!

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Billever76 said:

I wouldn't put this all on McDermott.  Micah said in his return to practice presser that he is still talking with his doctors and it's about

his progress during practice that will determine his game status.

1 hour ago, MJS said:

He was a good teammate and never did anything but play hard every time he stepped on the field.

I expected him to come here and be a distraction, but he just wasn't.

He was a leader.  Robert Foster's head was not in it.  He seemed to expect it to be easy for him.

Shady took Foster under his wing and got him back on track and for half a year he was a good WR.

Next year after Shady was cut Foster was back to his old self.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Beck Water said:

Epitomizes the "Gladiator Mindset" and we got a little peek at what he goes through to get on the field in that "Jordan Poyer Contrast Treatment" card you could see above Damar.

I thought that was an enema recipe...

1 minute ago, TFBillsfan said:

IMO, I think it’s a pipe dream expecting Hyde back this year outside of practicing with no contact. Additionally, even if it were to happen, thinking Hyde is going to jump back into the starting lineup and not miss a beat seems unrealistic. 

People jumped on me for saying the same thing when Hyde was elevated.  I don't see a path that he plays in the playoffs realistically.  MAYBE the superbowl if we make that far. 

1 hour ago, Punch said:

Yeah, I don’t get the hate. He was the first Bill I recall speaking up on behalf of Josh Allen during his rookie year and he wrote a really beautiful send off in the Player’s Tribune when he left Buffalo.

Not only that, he was the ONLY exciting thing about the Bills for a good stretch of time. I don't know why any Bills fan would hate McCoy. Yes, I get that his personality might rub some the wrong way, but he came to Buffalo and just put his head down and worked his butt off. He gave everything he had on Sundays.

• Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, machine gun kelly said:

I’m in a meeting now so can’t listen, but thanks in advance for sharing.  As far as Sunday, McD already ruled Hyde out this Sunday.  If we advance, I’m guessing a Jax or more likely KC game is the probable answer as far as Byde’s return. He can certainly be on a pitch count, and will have two more weeks if we get to the SB.

That was prior to the Dolphins game and therefore things could have changed (better progress than expected). Nobody is officially ruled out until the week of the game.

1 hour ago, I am the egg man said:

Eff Shady x infinity, can’t keep up.

Never wanted to be here.

So I assume you’re not a fan of Jim Kelly either? Dude took 3 years (and the USFL folding) to come to Buffalo. Didn’t take anything close to that for Shady. 

As far as personal conduct, do we really wanna go there? I’m sure you idolize ol’ Jimbo, but there are a lot of things floating around out there we probably shouldn’t get into. Now with Hunter and the cancer, he’s had some unimaginably hard times that I wouldn’t wish on my worst enemy. But nonetheless, have still heard things about how personal behavior even since which is disappointing. But yeah, are equally tough on these players or no?

25 minutes ago, Billever76 said:

Doctors haven't cleared him to play unless that's a new development today.  He even said so in his interview last week.  

He was in no-contact red last week in practice. If he's still in red this week, that's about as clear an indication as any he's probably not playing this week either.

10 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

Almost nothing on Kim.  Not sure if they are respecting her privacy or he does not know much.

Hoping for her.  I think she was a positive influence compared to the Axis of Evil owners.

If we haven’t heard a peep about it by now, chances are we never will. I’m glad they’ve been able to maintain her privacy.

Just now, Billz4ever said:

Doctors haven't cleared him to play unless that's a new development today.  He even said so in his interview last week.  

He was in no-contact red last week in practice. If he's still in red this week, that's about as clear an indication as any he's probably not playing this week either.

Listening to it again, sounds like Shady is saying Hyde told him that when Shady was there for the Patriots game. 

• Like (+1) 3

2 hours ago, extrahammer said:

About 4:15 minute mark into the interview, Shady casually mentions Hyde told him he might play this week, I know McD said in his presser Hyde wouldn't play this week. Also Poyer mentions Kim Pegula's "thing". Poyer's a good teammate and I hope we find some way to keep him next year. 

I think he also mentioned visiting a couple weeks ago, so I'm guessing maybe at that time Hyde said he could be playing by this week/. I'm inclined to think this is just a miscommunication or outdated info.  If McDermott said he's out, I think he's out.

Edited by Captain Caveman

One of the adversities I think is overlooked about this season is that Poyer 15-hour drive to KC. Besides the emotional adversities like the shooting, Knox's brother, and countless others, it just goes to show you it's hard to throw anything at this team they can't overcome. It'd be nice from here on out it gets easier somehow, they have paid their dues and deserve it. 

2 hours ago, Beck Water said:

He went hard, including in 2017 when we had very little around him.  He did everything he possibly could to play on an injured ankle in the playoffs and give us our best chance.

Yeah, he initially pouted when he was traded, but I can't blame him for that.  You have to understand that in Philly from his 2nd year on, he WAS the franchise.  The offense was designed and built around his skill set, not the skill set of the QB.  In a very real way that was "his team"

So being traded totally blindsided him.  He didn't see it coming, and Philly apparently didn't talk to him at all about it before it went down (which I think most decent teams at least try to do, especially for their big stars - it wasn't a shock to Alex Smith to get slung out the door to Washington, he knew it was coming). 

And of course, for a grown-ass man who's a millionaire and can control every other aspect of his life, to have no say over where he works, has got to be harsh to deal with.  You can say it's a known aspect of the business which makes them their money, but the reality is still hard to take.

But he regrouped and recovered, went hard, by all accounts was a great teammate, and never said a harsh word about Buffalo in the press.

Lets not forget he played at Pitt in college, and played HS ball in Harrisburgh.  Of course the dudes going to be upset after playing ball in the same area for 20 years.  He balled out, and THE ONLY SAVING GRACE OF WATCHING THIS TEAM for atleast 2 seasons

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, I am the egg man said:

So he cleaned up his act (not really, ask his girlfriend) when he realized he was wrong about Buffalo.

Gold Star to him.

2 hours ago, GaryPinC said:

My favorite part of Shady's article from the Tribune.  Discussing the Jacksonville playoff loss in 2017:

https://www.theplayerstribune.com/articles/lesean-mccoy-bills-fans-playoffs

By the time we got on the plane to go home, my medication had worn off and my ankle had swollen back up. And I remember looking around the plane and thinking how much of a difference a week can make. Seven days earlier everybody was celebrating because it was New Year’s Eve and we had just made the playoffs.

But that night, everything was different.

It was just … quiet.

We were scheduled to land in Buffalo around 1 a.m., the same time we had the the week before. And I remember thinking, Damn, if we would have won, I bet it would be the same as last week with all the fans there to meet us.

If only we would have won….

After the plane touched down and we were rolling down the tarmac, I looked out the window. And that’s when I saw it.

The Bills Mafia.

Everywhere.

Thousands of you.

We all felt so bad that we had disappointed you. And yeah, maybe you were disappointed.

But you were also proud.

And you all showed up to let us know that.

To show your support.

To show love.

That’s why I say: There’s nothing like Bills fans.

Whether we’re winning or losing, you always have our backs.

So thank you — for dealing with all the ups and downs … for being right there with us through all the adversity … for always sticking with us.

That hasn’t gone unnoticed.

Yeah, guess I have to agree with the phallic bead avatar guy.  McCoy never wanted to be here clearly      /s

2 hours ago, I am the egg man said:

he was cleared. sounded like an insurance scam and civil suit attempt all rolled into one, by that chick.  she had a friend hit her for optics

2 hours ago, extrahammer said:

About 4:15 minute mark into the interview, Shady casually mentions Hyde told him he might play this week, I know McD said in his presser Hyde wouldn't play this week. Also Poyer mentions Kim Pegula's "thing". Poyer's a good teammate and I hope we find some way to keep him next year. 

It sounded like Shady let the cat out of the bag and then realizing (oops) tried to backtrack by saying “Micah told me he might play [this week]”

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.