Give Edmunds props

The Red King

This game really got played into Edmunds’s hands. Miami had no running game. And Edmunds’s job was to back up, and move up to hit an RB check down, or run side to side to RB screens, or get as deep as possible to cover the under of Waddle and Hill (which I think he did very well today). His run game defensive — hitting holes and making tackles for losses — is what kills me with him. He’s never doing that. This game, it wasn’t needed, thanks god. 

• Disagree 1

On the 4th and 8 pass to the rb where Milano missed the tackle he really got screwed bc he was pushed from behind idk how they didn’t call it 

5 minutes ago, pennstate10 said:

I think Edmunds is a good player. 

But had 2 key missed tackles today, including one that extended dolphins scoring drive. 

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, pennstate10 said:

But had 2 key missed tackles today, including one that extended dolphins scoring drive. 

Yeah all player miss tackles here and there. Milano missed his share today. So did Tre White. 

• Like (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

Funny how even while Edmunds may have played his best game of the year, Milano was far superior. 

Yup. Also saw his two sacks.

I know you don’t like Edmunds, but stop with the nonsense. It’s the same select few who say the same crap. 😂

2 minutes ago, Dopey said:

I know you don’t like Edmunds, but stop with the nonsense. It’s the same select few who say the same crap. 😂

You think Edmunds played better than Milano today???

I posted during the game three times that Edmunds was playing really well. He had a very good game, Milano's was better. 

1 minute ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

You think Edmunds played better than Milano today???

I posted during the game three times that Edmunds was playing really well. He had a very good game, Milano's was better. 

Not sure where you got that from. 
You say this may have been Edmunds’ best game yet Milano was “far superior “. Even you know that’s a load of crap. That’s what I mean by stop the nonsense. 

3 minutes ago, Dopey said:

Not sure where you got that from. 
You say this may have been Edmunds’ best game yet Milano was “far superior “. Even you know that’s a load of crap. That’s what I mean by stop the nonsense. 

Ok fair enough. 

Edmunds played a very good game. I dont recall a single time he misread the run or got blocked out of the play this game. Even when he didn't get the tackle he seemed to be taking the right angle.  Honestly I think it was his best game of the year.

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

Ok fair enough. 

Edmunds played a very good game. I dont recall a single time he misread the run or got blocked out of the play this game. Even when he didn't get the tackle he seemed to be taking the right angle.  Honestly I think it was his best game of the year.

They’re both damn good. I’ve enjoyed watching them play together. Might be their last year together though. 

• Agree 1

4 hours ago, Nextmanup said:

He missed a lot of plays too.  He's nowhere near worth the money he will command this offseason.

I just pray Beane sees it that way...he's a smart guy, so I have confidence he will.

👍

I don't know if he missed a lot of plays, but he did wiffes on a 3rs and long that let Miami get a first. Then made a nice play on the next. How about Milano' lousey missed tackle on  similar occasion? Bills tackling is far too suspect. Do they watch the tapes?

3 hours ago, Thrivefourfive said:

This game really got played into Edmunds’s hands. Miami had no running game. And Edmunds’s job was to back up, and move up to hit an RB check down, or run side to side to RB screens, or get as deep as possible to cover the under of Waddle and Hill (which I think he did very well today). His run game defensive — hitting holes and making tackles for losses — is what kills me with him. He’s never doing that. This game, it wasn’t needed, thanks god. 

@rochesterfan Explain, Coach.

This defensive is built for a dominant middle linebacker, like McDermott had at Carolina. Well, Edmunds isn’t that,, so what are we talking about here.. 

Edited by Thrivefourfive

They've invested five years in the dude and he's entering his prime playing age. I really think they're gonna push hard to retain him. And if they can't reach a deal they can at least franchise him. I think he's too important to this defense. He and Milano play well off each other and Tremaine is such a presence over the middle. He's just a steady, solid player. 

• Agree 2

Edmunds is playing at a level NOW.......in year 5........that he should have been playing at in year 2 or 3 based on his draft pedigree.

When you draft uninstinctive players that take a long time to develop you end up having to make late decisions on said player and they are more likely to end up elsewhere.

He still has tons of room to improve as a playmaker and pass rusher but he will likely be doing that elsewhere..........and for $20M per year.........that's fine with me.

I've never once thought......"how will this opponent deal with Edmunds"........he's not been that kind of player and an excellent game versus Skylar Thompson isn't an excellent game against Mahomes or Burrow etc.. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Edmunds is playing at a level NOW.......in year 5........that he should have been playing at in year 2 or 3

This is the most maddening thing.

4 years of a wasted rookie contract on a premier draft pick who's going to play his best football somewhere else. :wallbash:

• Agree 2

3 minutes ago, JohninMinn. said:

I have to believe most Bills fans have not played organized football. Edmunds is a burden on this team. No instincts and is a danger to our own players with his constant late arrivals.

So you don't think he had a great game today?  Because that's all this thread is about.

6 hours ago, Nextmanup said:

He missed a lot of plays too.  He's nowhere near worth the money he will command this offseason.

I just pray Beane sees it that way...he's a smart guy, so I have confidence he will.

👍

Bad take.

6 hours ago, B-Man said:

He had 4 tackles.

He is a good player.

He is not worth a 100 million dollar contract.

He broke up a huge pass to giesecki which was potentially game changing and had two other important pass breakups too. And you’re focused on *tackles*?!?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Oh my god...

READ THE ORIGINAL POST, PEOPLE!

THIS IS ABOUT TODAY'S GAME ONLY!  NOT HIS PERFORMANCE SINCE HE WAS DRAFTED.  NOT HIS PERFORMACE THIS SEASON.  JUST...TODAY.

For all of you that read my OP and responded on-topic, thank you.  For those that did not and just knee-jerk replied completely off-topic, go and learn how thread titles and OP actually gives you an idea as to the point of the thread and what the subjects of discussion should be.

Sorry for yelling, but I'm getting sick of people not even reading my initial post and then just rambling off-topic.

Should I use smaller words?  Ahem...

Edmunds good this game.  Don't care what you think rest of time.  You think he play good this game only, too?

Edmunds is two syllables, so I hope that doesn't throw people off.  I can't make this any easier, people.

• Haha (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

Bad take.

He broke up a huge pass to giesecki which was potentially game changing and had two other important pass breakups too. And you’re focused on *tackles*?!?

No.  

I am “focused” on my 2nd and 3rd line, that you skipped 

Edmunds had a good game today 

He is a very good player, but not elite 

(way too inconsistent)

certainly not deserving of a hundred million dollar contract 

4 minutes ago, The Red King said:

Oh my god...

THIS IS ABOUT TODAY'S GAME ONLY!  NOT HIS PERFORMANCE SINCE HE WAS DRAFTED.  NOT HIS PERFORMACE THIS SEASON.  JUST...TODAY.

For all of you that read my OP and responded on-topic, thank you.  For those that did not and just knee-jerk replied completely off-topic, go and learn how thread titles and OP actually gives you an idea as to the point of the thread and what the subjects of discussion should be.

Sorry for yelling, but I'm getting sick of people not even reading my initial post and then just rambling off-topic.

Should I use smaller words?  Ahem...

Edmunds good this game.  Don't care what you think rest of time.  You think he play good this game only, too?

Edmunds is two syllables, so I hope that doesn't throw people off.  I can't make this any easier, people.

Helluva game today. Pretty simple. 

3 minutes ago, The Red King said:

Oh my god...

We had a game balls thread where you could have shared your thoughts on his play TODAY.     Plenty of players had very strong games.

Only an idiot would think that starting a dedicated thread about his performance in a game against a lousy rookie QB would become a discussion about the big picture of his play or his future with the Bills.     

• Thank you (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, Simon said:

This is the most maddening thing.

4 years of a wasted rookie contract on a premier draft pick who's going to play his best football somewhere else. :wallbash:

You realize he’s 24 years old right? Aaron Judge didn’t do a damn thing in the pros until he was 25. Edmunds came into the league so young (19) that the assessments in my view have always been wildly off base. He’s elite now, and still very young.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, BADOLBILZ said:

We had a game balls thread where you could have shared your thoughts on his play TODAY.     Plenty of players had very strong games.

Only an idiot would think that starting a dedicated thread about his performance in a game against a lousy rookie QB would become a discussion about the big picture of his play or his future with the Bills.     

If someone is not interested in the specific topic they could, you know, not reply at all.  Crazy talk, I know. 🙄

3 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

You realize he’s 24 years old right? Aaron Judge didn’t do a damn thing in the pros until he was 25. Edmunds came into the league so young (19) that the assessments in my view have always been wildly off base. He’s elite now, and still very young.

Then they shouldn't have wasted two picks on him, imo

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Oh, and you're absolutely right.  Only an idiot would think this thread would become a discussion about the big picture.  I'm not an idiot, so I never thought it would happen, thank you.

(Lesson here: If you are going to call someone an idiot, you'd best not screw up your own post.)

Edited by The Red King

7 hours ago, The Red King said:

Okay, I know some on the board has been harsh on him, in a lot of cases rightfully deserved.  But can we take a moment and all agree he had a monster game today, making big plays at just the right time?  The critics among you can keep your opinion, but even you have to admit for this game at least he was clutch.

its lovely when youre used to expecting solid, and get honeybadger. THIIIS is the guy we signed up to draft!!! scary to sign him and have him regress to the means, but risk im willing to take up to a point. i think he takes a fair deal and stays, because hed start back at square one in a lot of nfl schemes. 

7 hours ago, Maine-iac said:

Emunds is the worlds largest safety.  Given the system we play he's exactly what the coaches want.  They threw the ball 45 times so Edmunds was right in his element.

hes a giant swedish putt putt windmill, obstructing all throwing lanes, then a heat seaking missle after release.  his price is going to hurt, but its been a fundamental piece to mcds defense. if we hate paying him now, how much will we hate moving up half a round to try and develop a raw clone. ouch

both sides have good leverage here, both sides know it. git er done, and lets see more of today going forward

5 hours ago, pennstate10 said:

his biggest positive nets go unnoticed, the way champ bailey s stat line looked like he rode pine all year

• Haha (+1) 1

Reformed Edmunds Detractor here. I'm all for re-signing him at his market value at this point. The drop off to the next guy is severe, and still will be even if we draft his replacement in the 1st round. And his position is the most important in McD's defense.

Give Edmunds something similar to the recent Roquan Smith contract. 5/$100

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.