Malik Boyd - in consideration for Titans GM

BuffaloBill

https://billswire.usatoday.com/2023/01/09/buffalo-bills-malik-boyd-interview-tennessee-titans-general-manager/

The NFL may be seriously raid the bills cupboard this offseason.  The Bills have done a very good job with the next person in scenarios.  I think this one will really hurt if TN selects him as GM.  He might just then raid the coaching staff.

2 minutes ago, BuffaloBill said:

https://billswire.usatoday.com/2023/01/09/buffalo-bills-malik-boyd-interview-tennessee-titans-general-manager/

The NFL may be seriously raid the bills cupboard this offseason.  The Bills have done a very good job with the next person in scenarios.  I think this one will really hurt if TN selects him as GM.  He might just then raid the coaching staff.

That's the price you pay for success.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

20 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Whether it is this year or one of the next couple Malik Boyd is in line for a GM job sooner rather than later. He is one of the best pro scouts in the business. He would need a solid college scouting team supporting him. 

He would net us two 3rd rounders, correct?

Yes we would get two third round picks. 

Edited by Dr. Football
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

It is clear that unlike other front office Brandon Beane's fully supports his assistants getting promoted to other positions thru league..  It is partly to his advantage for it makes easier to find honest trading partners.

And it makes more young talent want to come work here knowing that the club supports their advancement.

• Agree 2

40 minutes ago, Captain Hindsight said:

He 100% gets cut in camp next year. 

Next Josh Allen? What a joke that was

I think he'll get another year before any decision to cut or keep is made.  When someone posted the Josh Allen comparison, I looked up his size & couldn't stop laughing. Then I posted in the thread: more like the next Bo Levi Mitchell, the CFL QB that some people wanted the Bills to sign before Josh was drafted.   

41 minutes ago, LyndonvilleBill said:

Great. 2 3's for Frazier and 2 3's for Boyd. Now I have to change my thoughts on all of my Mock's.🤬😁🤣

Unfortunate it would “only” be three 3rd round draft choices…

If a team loses two minority candidates in the same offseason with one getting hired as a head coach and one getting hired as a general manager, then the original team will receive a third-round compensatory pick for three straight years. The one catch in all of this is that the minority candidate can't already be a head coach or general manager (An example here would be Pittsburgh. The Steelers wouldn't receive any compensation under this proposal if Mike Tomlin somehow got hired away from them this offseason). 

And there goes that number “3” again.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, BuffaloBill said:

I think we've only seen interest in Boyd and Dorsey so far. Nobody as requested Frazier yet?

We still have guys like Brian Gaine, Terrance Gray, Lake Dawson and Matt Bazirgan in the FO.

Joe Brady and Chad Hall on the offensive side.

Eric Washington and John Butler on the defensive side. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, BuffaloBill said:

He might just then raid the coaching staff.

After seen how Beane worked leaving Caroline and Schein with NYG, this is a valid concern.  Its not the guy himself its all the after affects...stealing from our practice squad etc.  But this is a byproduct of being a top notch organization.

1 hour ago, Don Dokken said:

Bears GM Ryan Poles was hired from the Chiefs organization last offseason

And Doug Pederson and Matt Nagy were hired from the OC position to be HCs in consecutive seasons.

And Chris Ballard at the Colts.

Edited by GunnerBill

1 hour ago, Limeaid said:

It is clear that unlike other front office Brandon Beane's fully supports his assistants getting promoted to other positions thru league..  It is partly to his advantage for it makes easier to find honest trading partners.

I know of no front office that impedes assistants getting promoted. Do you have any examples?  Even Belichick doesn't block guys.  Generally one would think it attracts more talent knowing that guys were able to progress in their career.  If you know of any examples it would be interesting to read about.

Regardless Beane couldn't stop them anyways except for a lateral move.

2 hours ago, Don Dokken said:

Bears GM Ryan Poles was hired from the Chiefs organization last offseason

It's good to see a local WNY kid from Canandaigua make it to the big time! If he can fix the train wreck Chicago Bears, he will be considered a miracle worker.

• Like (+1) 2

Malik Boyd would be a huge loss...almost as much or maybe the same as Brian Gaine in 2018-19.   

2 hours ago, DJB said:

Because they know that without Andy Reid they are nothing. 

Reid and Mahomes cover up so many deficiencies there. 

Is it Reid or Reid and Mahomes...because Philly fans would disagree on the former.  

1 hour ago, GunnerBill said:

And Doug Pederson and Matt Nagy were hired from the OC position to be HCs in consecutive seasons.

And Daboll swiped Kafka for his OC. 

1 hour ago, GunnerBill said:

And Daboll swiped Kafka for his OC. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Albany,n.y. said:

I think he'll get another year before any decision to cut or keep is made.  When someone posted the Josh Allen comparison, I looked up his size & couldn't stop laughing. Then I posted in the thread: more like the next Bo Levi Mitchell, the CFL QB that some people wanted the Bills to sign before Josh was drafted.   

If Vrabel is still the coach next year and I'd be very surprised if Willis makes the team

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.