NFL Week #18 - Patriots* @ Bills - Post Game Thread

BuffaloBill

6 minutes ago, UKBillFan said:

Blaming the refs? What major calls did they miss without impacting the Bills on other calls to even it up?

They did get a couple of favorable calls - I thought that was PI in the endzone, and the offensive PI on Henry was kind of phantom.

But we had a couple of those go against us too. It was pretty even.

• Thank you (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

More then anything Gabe Davis and his inconsistency is driving me crazy. You can’t have a number 2 receiver drop passes right in his hands 

Josh looked a little frustrated with him which says a lot, he typically doesn’t frown at teammates. 

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, SageAgainstTheMachine said:

Josh flipped a switch back on in the 3rd quarter that had been off for several games, looking to hit several deep balls.  If Gabe catches his, we're talking about a 300 yard 4 TD game.

Might as well stop throwing to Davis, he is just not that good.

2 minutes ago, Success said:

They did get a couple of favorable calls - I thought that was PI in the endzone, and the offensive PI on Henry was kind of phantom.

But we had a couple of those go against us too. It was pretty even.

The PI on Elam was soft, too.  He was just trying to lessen the massive push off he received.  Like you said, the lousy officiating evened out.

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, Donuts and Doritos said:

In the first half, my wife ran out the door yelling there's a bald eagle flying over the house. No one flinched from watching the game.

Considering your sons think you are jinx, perhaps she was trying to distract you? 😁

Edited by UKBillFan
  • Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, TFBillsfan said:

First and foremost it’s been a roller coaster of a week and it’s so great to see the progress Damar has made. Bills got the win and did what they needed.

Big contributions by Hines and Diggs. Would include Josh but the lack of situational awareness in the RZ has to stop. You can’t giveaway easy points.

I think Jones was sacked only once. This DL has to make an impact in the playoffs.

Not sure why it took Frazier so long to adjust defensively. 

T Jones with an inexcusable mistake and Gabe has to get more consistent. McKenzie was a non factor. Motor and the entire offense has to know about NE punching the ball. 

On to MIA! 

Taiwan has done this a couple of times this season. I can't remember which games,  but they were short, bouncing punts. Hines waving Bills off. But Jones walks up real close to the moving ball, like he's daring it to touch him.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, Process said:

How did Allen look today? I was only able to watch like 10 minutes of the game and it was the drive he threw a pick. He looked real shaky that drive. Otherwise okay?

Very shakey in the first half.  Settled down and made some great deep throws in the 2nd  half.

25 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

It's a huge concern heading into the playoffs. He's dropping passes, not dragging his 2nd foot by the sideline, having trouble separating in single coverage. I mean he isn't doing anything well right now and he's supposed to be our #2 target. Forget the tough catches, right now he's missing the easy ones. What the hell happened to him?

He got muscular. 

4 minutes ago, Process said:

How did Allen look today? I was only able to watch like 10 minutes of the game and it was the drive he threw a pick. He looked real shaky that drive. Otherwise okay?

He's having brain farts at weird times; it's strange to see coming from a guy who is so perfectly in command of the offense more often than not.

He doesn't trust his OLine and is spending the first second of every play checking his protection and deciding whether and where to move to and I think it's messing with his processing and decision making.

• Like (+1) 6
  • Agree 7
  • Thank you (+1) 4

3 minutes ago, BillsDad51 said:

Taiwan has done this a couple of times this season. I can't remember which games,  but they were short, bouncing punts. Hines waving Bills off. But Jones walks up real close to the moving ball, like he's daring it to touch him.

The Bills coaching staff overvalues these teams players. 

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, daz28 said:

Gabes only 23.  Even if we used a late #1 on a WR, there's little chance he comes in and gets 900yds and 8TD's.  I'm definitely not giving up on him.  

I think it’s a sophomore slump at this point we see it many sports. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1

30 minutes ago, Johnnycage46 said:

Simon just posted a thread about Jordan Philips being injured (didn't notice during the game).  So there's that.  Spencer Brown got dinged up a couple of times too.  But not sure what it was.

I didn't even notice Philips regardless of his health. I hope he turns it on now that it's playoffs. That is if not hurt ....again

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, TheFunPolice said:

RedZone just mentioned something about Hamlin and Bills locker room post game...

Does anyone know what they were talking about?

Someone posted earlier in this thread that Damar did the post game via video.  Him and training staff got game balls

• Like (+1) 1

In something of a strange way, this was a team win, with a lot of complementary football. Sts made plays, the D got turnovers when we needed them, and the Offense finally got going in the 3rd quarter, with one typical Allen play, and one typical Diggs play.

Lots of guys contributed along the way, and for all there's still plenty to work on, this was a team performance, irrespective of the miss cues along the way.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, AlfaBill said:

I think it’s a sophomore slump at this point we see it many sports. 

Beginning of the season he looked like he'd be the biggest deep threat receiver in the league and then had a major falloff since.

Edited by Billz4ever

2 minutes ago, Billz4ever said:

IMO Cook has earned a lot more time on the field.

He has been protecting the ball and running with a bit more decisiveness than Motor.

His pass-pro is a bit hit and miss as Motor is pretty good picking up extra rushers coming free, but Cook is getting better.

He has earned more touches.

If Allen hits him more on those dumps, Cook could make one guy miss and take it to the house.

He has that kind of breakaway speed.

Dorsey just has to keep reinforcing that habit in Allen as it will put defenses in a lot more conflict situations.  With the way they are dropping guys into coverage and spying Allen, they leave a lot of space in front of the sticks.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, daz28 said:

Gabes only 23.  Even if we used a late #1 on a WR, there's little chance he comes in and gets 900yds and 8TD's.  I'm definitely not giving up on him.  

It's more to do with efficiency.  Gabe's numbers are really bad for the number of balls thrown his way by an elite QB.

29 minutes ago, D. L. Hot-Flamethrower said:

The final Josh vs Jones numbers look different than I was hearing today. McCorkle had a great game today according to Romo.

Hoping the Cheaters feel like Mac played great today and go into next seasn with him as the starter

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

5 minutes ago, Simon said:

He's having brain farts at weird times; it's strange to see coming from a guy who is so perfectly in command of the offense more often than not.

He doesn't trust his OLine and is spending the first second of every play checking his protection and deciding whether and where to move to and I think it's messing with his processing and decision making.

well said...also play calling not great. 2nd to last drive when they should have been running...throw deep 3 times? He's not comfortable in the pocket

1 minute ago, Eastport bills said:

Taron Johnson is one of the most disruptive, and difference making defensive backs in football. Given our weak corners across from White, he’s very important. Hopefully our front four plays like they played in the 2nd half. Josh will find a way to score so we just have to limit teams to FGs.

He was playing like a freaking LB today. Awesome 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, stevewin said:

Hoping the Cheaters feel like Mac played great today and go into next seasn with him as the starter

I think they will.

And he was really good today for the majority of the game until they got desperate when down two scores.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.