-Josh Allen Elbow injury at Jets

-Josh Allen fumble in end zone vs Vikings

-Win 3 straight road games in 12 days in November due to snow storm

-Von Miller goes on IR

-Snow storm in Chicago

-Buffalo blizzard on Christmas

-Damar Hamlin 

-John Murphy has a stroke

The hits keep on coming but the city of good neighbors keeps on keeping on. Just like Von Miller says “Don’t blink.”

The last 2 years I was optimistic and hopeful that we would win the Super Bowl. When we lost to KC this past year I was in denial and have been since then. How could we lose to KC when Diggs had that picturesque moment when he was standing and watching the chiefs celebrate? I was for sure there would be revenge. But I finally understand that the 13 seconds loss was just our first building block of adversity. 

This year is different. I just have that feeling in my heart that it’s our year. I haven’t felt that in 23 years as a bills fan. It just feels different. We will be overcoming more adversity before we win the Super Bowl this season. If you thought 13 seconds was dramatic, wait till you see how the Bills win the Lombardi. They’re not going to make it easy and it’s going to be in the most heroic fashion, erasing years of heartache, disappointment and grief.  The writing is on the wall. 

Where else would you rather be than right here right now?

Edited by Bills!Win!
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Sad 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

I get what you’re saying, but personally would omit the 20-3 deficit and fumble, which were both self-imposed. Heck I guess that includes 13 seconds. 

Also would add the recent fire that took the lives of 5 children given how tragic and how close in time it was to all the recent events. Praying for those families.

No team, staff, organization, fanbase, or region deserves this more. And yes I am very very biased!

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, Andy1 said:

McDermott deserves Coach of the Year to guide this team through such adversity. So much of it is beyond normal football stuff.

I think McDermott is a great coach, but why does he get credit/votes for John Murphy having a stroke or some racist shooting up Tops? It snowed in Chicago a couple days before our game, why is that a feather in McD's cap?

• Like (+1) 1

12 hours ago, klos63 said:

I think McDermott is a great coach, but why does he get credit/votes for John Murphy having a stroke or some racist shooting up Tops? It snowed in Chicago a couple days before our game, why is that a feather in McD's cap?

McDermott is not getting props for someone having a stroke, snowstorms, a racist shooting or a player being brought back to life on the playing field. Any credit that he gets will be for guiding his team through trying times which include not only the aforementioned but other challenges. 

32 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

McDermott is not getting props for someone having a stroke, snowstorms, a racist shooting or a player being brought back to life on the playing field. Any credit that he gets will be for guiding his team through trying times which include not only the aforementioned but other challenges. 

Come on, I know everyone in the community cares about the victims in the Tops shooting, but why single out McDermott for national recognition.  Every business in the city then did the same thing, right. Should every business owner be lauded for getting through that incident?  Should Granato also get coach of the year? Do we compare what happened in other cities for other coaches? I mean, how many cities don't have mass shootings?

1 minute ago, klos63 said:

Come on, I know everyone in the community cares about the victims in the Tops shooting, but why single out McDermott for national recognition.  Every business in the city then did the same thing, right. Should every business owner be lauded for getting through that incident?  Should Granato also get coach of the year? Do we compare what happened in other cities for other coaches? I mean, how many cities don't have mass shootings?

McDermott would be singled out for guiding his team through many instances of adversity, not just the one you are cherry picking here. You are shortcutting your argument to the extent that you are causing that argument to be less than what it could be. 

Just now, 3rdnlng said:

McDermott would be singled out for guiding his team through many instances of adversity, not just the one you are cherry picking here. You are shortcutting your argument to the extent that you are causing that argument to be less than what it could be. 

I guess my point is, why?  Why is the Top shooting a Bills adversity? What has he done that warrants COY after Murphy's stroke?  Do we take into account other cities tough times in determining if their coach should win the award. The Steelers delivered toys today to Hamlins charity in Pitt, does Tomlin get COY votes for that?

17 hours ago, KHAN said:

Complete absence of Kim Pagula.

maybe the correct spelling of her name made you not recognize it.

34 minutes ago, klos63 said:

I guess my point is, why?  Why is the Top shooting a Bills adversity? What has he done that warrants COY after Murphy's stroke?  Do we take into account other cities tough times in determining if their coach should win the award. The Steelers delivered toys today to Hamlins charity in Pitt, does Tomlin get COY votes for that?

maybe the correct spelling of her name made you not recognize it.

For some odd reason you are taking the periphery issues that were mentioned earlier and placing them firmly next to you on the molehills you are choosing to die on. The Bills went through plenty of legitimate adversity with injuries to key players and scheduling issues along with the on field issue of a player temporarily dying in a game. Using the gesture that the Steeler's did when delivering toys to Hamlin's daycare center is just another example of you going to the most ridiculous example to make a point. Tomlin knows Hamlin and your example means nothing in this discussion. 

15 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

For some odd reason you are taking the periphery issues that were mentioned earlier and placing them firmly next to you on the molehills you are choosing to die on. The Bills went through plenty of legitimate adversity with injuries to key players and scheduling issues along with the on field issue of a player temporarily dying in a game. Using the gesture that the Steeler's did when delivering toys to Hamlin's daycare center is just another example of you going to the most ridiculous example to make a point. Tomlin knows Hamlin and your example means nothing in this discussion. 

Periphery issues? No these are issues that people are using to promote McD for coach of the year. To use the play by play announcer having a stroke is absurd. I think McD should be in the COY conversation for many reasons, but not that one for sure.

18 hours ago, wppete said:

We still don’t know what happened to Kim Pegula. Makes one think. 

I have to agree, her situation must be very difficult.  Before her “event” (whatever it is) she was a very visible individual.  She, and Terry really, have just fallen out of view.

37 minutes ago, HOUSE said:

I lost my wallet 23 times and nobody cares

We’ve picked it up 23 times, found no cash and your credit cards were way past due payment. We don’t care.

1 hour ago, klos63 said:

Periphery issues? No these are issues that people are using to promote McD for coach of the year. To use the play by play announcer having a stroke is absurd. I think McD should be in the COY conversation for many reasons, but not that one for sure.

Then why argue against those periphery issues and not mention what you think are the legitimate issues? 

5 hours ago, Bubba Gump said:

She had a pretty serious stroke. Prayers she is able to return to some sense of normalcy, but it's been quite awhile.

Is that what the family officially said? I never saw a statement, just a lot of speculatio out there…  Hope she has recovered and is back to full health soon. Hope to see her back with the Bills healthy soon. 

• Agree 1

6 hours ago, klos63 said:

certainly not the Araiza fiasco either 

Just now, wppete said:

Is that what the family officially said? I never saw a statement, just a lot of speculatio out there…  Hope she has recovered and is back to full health soon. Hope to see her back with the Bills healthy soon. 

I don't want to mention names, but the people I sit next to, they've had their seats for 28 years. They have done work for the Bills and know many people in the organization. It happened on the yacht (not sure if that has been put out there). So I'll just end it with that. No idea what condition she is in. They wouldn't tell me much more. The guy I sit next to, his sister has a box on the other side of the field from us. She knows a lot more on her health, but obviously can't talk about it. 

On 1/6/2023 at 6:25 PM, Bills!Win! said:

-13 Seconds 

-Tops shooting 

-Kim Pegula health issues

-Luke Knox passes away 

-Matt Araiza distraction 

-Micah Hyde out for season 

-Dane Jackson taken away in ambulance 

-Heat wave in Miami week 3

-Overcome 20-3 deficit in Baltimore week 4

-Josh Allen Elbow injury at Jets

-Josh Allen fumble in end zone vs Vikings

-Win 3 straight road games in 12 days in November due to snow storm

-Von Miller goes on IR

-Snow storm in Chicago

-Buffalo blizzard on Christmas

-Damar Hamlin 

-John Murphy has a stroke

The hits keep on coming but the city of good neighbors keeps on keeping on. Just like Von Miller says “Don’t blink.”

The last 2 years I was optimistic and hopeful that we would win the Super Bowl. When we lost to KC this past year I was in denial and have been since then. How could we lose to KC when Diggs had that picturesque moment when he was standing and watching the chiefs celebrate? I was for sure there would be revenge. But I finally understand that the 13 seconds loss was just our first building block of adversity. 

This year is different. I just have that feeling in my heart that it’s our year. I haven’t felt that in 23 years as a bills fan. It just feels different. We will be overcoming more adversity before we win the Super Bowl this season. If you thought 13 seconds was dramatic, wait till you see how the Bills win the Lombardi. They’re not going to make it easy and it’s going to be in the most heroic fashion, erasing years of heartache, disappointment and grief.  The writing is on the wall. 

Where else would you rather be than right here right now?

-Add in Allen ankle injury to dirty play

-Losing the 1 seed

51 minutes ago, Bubba Gump said:

I don't want to mention names, but the people I sit next to, they've had their seats for 28 years. They have done work for the Bills and know many people in the organization. It happened on the yacht (not sure if that has been put out there). So I'll just end it with that. No idea what condition she is in. They wouldn't tell me much more. The guy I sit next to, his sister has a box on the other side of the field from us. She knows a lot more on her health, but obviously can't talk about it. 

So basically speculation. No official news from the family or representatives. In reality anyone can speculate. Thanks though. 

42 minutes ago, wppete said:

So basically speculation. No official news from the family or representatives. In reality anyone can speculate. Thanks though. 

Not speculation, the information did come from one of the parties you mentioned. Eventually we'll all know one way or another. Just praying for her. All we can do for the time being.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.