Week 17 Gameday Thread - Around the NFL

chongli

5 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

Allen was never concussed vs the Packers. 

That is the best secondary in the NFL.

Maybe we should recognize that 2nd half performance vs them as just that - an elite secondary that figured a few things out.  

Same thing they did to Tua. His 3 picks were to a good DB set that figured somethings out. Not a concussion. 

22 minutes ago, Process said:

Apparently it does matter. Dont think Carr would be carving up the best defense in the league. Raiders have stalled twice at the 5 yard line but otherwise haven't been stopped. 

So I haven't been watching. Is Stidham actually good? Those numbers aren't from some fluky "CB falls down" type plays?

Belichick used to pretend to be high on him, but then immediately dumped him when TB moved on and he actually would've had to play.

8 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

Allen was never concussed vs the Packers. 

That is the best secondary in the NFL.

Maybe we should recognize that 2nd half performance vs them as just that - an elite secondary that figured a few things out.  

And they ran on us, limiting our TOP, keeping Allen and our offense cooling their heels.

They had the ball over 7 minutes longer than we did.

They then gave that blueprint to the Jets the following week where we lost.

The Bills have figured some things out since then.

23 minutes ago, Billznut said:

As of now it looks like there are two games next weekend that are whoever wins is in. 

GB/ DET

JAX/TEN

Those two games could be the most likely for flexing into the sat night and sun night slots. And CIN/BAL could decide AFC North. So that will be a possibility for Sunday night as well. 

I think they'll only think about moving Bengals/Ravens to Sunday night if we beat the Bengals tomorrow. Otherwise they'll want them playing the same time as us.

5 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

Announcers/pundits seem giddy that Tampa Bay/Brady are in the playoffs and even GB/Rodgers look plausible

The NFC playoffs aren’t exactly littered with young star QBs. I’m sure they’d like to see the aging big names in there . 

Just now, Warcodered said:

"We are not here to praise or bury any Jets Quarterbacks."

Somehow that feels like it's burying him just fine.

I’ve really enjoyed watching the inevitable collapses of the Jets and Dolphins over the last month!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

I'm sure the refs had to convene for 5 minutes to determine if this was a penalty.

Probably brought out a couple TVs and a sectional so they could sit around and talk about it for a while

• Haha (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, WideNine said:

And they ran on us, limiting our TOP, keeping Allen and our offense cooling their heels.

They had the ball over 7 minutes longer than we did.

They then gave that blueprint to the Jets the following week where we lost.

The Bills have figured some things out since then.

I dunno about “blueprint” - what exact “blueprint” do you think GB gave the Jets?

Losing Poyer during the GB game and having Milano injured during the GB game meant that our starting safeties vs the Jets were Damar Hamlin and Jaquan Johnson and our starting OLB in place of Milano was Terrel Bernard.  That’s a problem, but it’s not exactly a blueprint GB handed the Jets.  What the Bills learned is that Bernard isn’t ready to play LB for Milano and losing both Poyer AND Hyde is a step too far.  We signed Klein and traded for Dean Marlow to have different alternatives.

The other “blueprint” is that we’re gonna struggle if Josh Allen throws so many stupid interceptions.

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

I dunno about “blueprint” - what exact “blueprint” do you think GB gave the Jets?

Losing Poyer during the GB game and having Milano injured during the GB game meant that our starting safeties vs the Jets were Damar Hamlin and Jaquan Johnson and our starting OLB in place of Milano was Terrel Bernard.  That’s a problem, but it’s not exactly a blueprint GB handed the Jets.  What the Bills learned is that Bernard isn’t ready to play LB for Milano and losing both Poyer AND Hyde is a step too far.  We signed Klein and traded for Dean Marlow to have different alternatives.

The other “blueprint” is that we’re gonna struggle if Josh Allen throws so many stupid interceptions.

I think people like to use the word blueprint in a sentence 

17 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

I'm sure the refs had to convene for 5 minutes to determine if this was a penalty.

That is so bad, and downright dangerous, it probably should be an ejection.

Just because it can be called a 'reaction play', doesn't make it any less dangerous.

• Agree 2

LOL Minnesota one snap with 10, one snap with 12 - it averages out to 11

1 minute ago, Aussie Joe said:

I’m stuck watching the Jets game…

I cannot begin to describe how bad Mike White has been..

I’m sorry to hear that.  I hoped he’d do well enough to sucker the Airplanes into thinking they Had Their Guy

Edited by Beck Water
  • Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Bills!Win! said:

Is the nfl going to screw us and move us to Sunday night because the patriots need a win and in next week? 

No way they’d move us from Monday to Saturday with what’s at stake. That would be a huge disadvantage to us. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.