Week 16: Bills at Bears on Christmas Eve

YoloinOhio

31 minutes ago, Process said:

Not worried about the bears run game at all regardless of the weather. We will shut it down with zero threat on the outside. No Hill and Waddle to worry about.

I’m definitely a bit worried about Fields… mostly because we’ve never faced him, I guess

4 minutes ago, Georgia Bill said:

The wind with your or against you thing can be dealt with to a degree, but sometimes the winds are cross winds or swirling winds.  Those can be a lot harder to try to compensate for.  At any rate - I just hope the Bills commit to making hard hits and low tackles on runners in this cold.  If they do I think they'll win.

They are playing a 3 win football team...they should win regardless of weather.

• Agree 2

52 minutes ago, Eastport bills said:

What gives any reason to expect that? Has it happened before? Just because they have a big matchup next week doesn’t mean they want to play down to the Bears level. Now that weather is potentially going to test what running game we have because passing down the field is challenging. Josh will find a way.

I remember a time long long ago. We were 3-1, just coming off an emotional road win against a good conference rival. We had the lowly Steelers coming to town starting a rookie QB for his first NFL start. The next week we had a marquee matchup against the KC Chiefs on the road, in a battle that could decide the one-seed for the playoffs. Classic chance to overlook the Steelers. The result:

38-3 drubbing where Allen threw for 350 yards in the first half and was out for most of the 4th quarter.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, jletha said:

I remember a time long long ago. We were 3-1, just coming off an emotional road win against a good conference rival. We had the lowly Steelers coming to town starting a rookie QB for his first NFL start. The next week we had a marquee matchup against the KC Chiefs on the road, in a battle that could decide the one-seed for the playoffs. Classic chance to overlook the Steelers. The result:

38-3 drubbing where Allen threw for 350 yards in the first half and was out for most of the 4th quarter.

Soooo lonnngggg aggooooo

3 hours ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

Nothing compared to the Blizzard of 77.  In February I had a total of 4 school days.

I agree.  I was in 3rd grade Gardenville, West Seneca when that blizzard hit.  I slept at school, got woken up in middle of the night, driven home, and dropped a couple blocks away.  I will always remember that walk back in the blizzard, being blown around, soaking it in, until I was so tired I went home and crashed

• Like (+1) 2

10 minutes ago, Pete said:

I agree.  I was in 3rd grade Gardenville, West Seneca when that blizzard hit.  I slept at school, got woken up in middle of the night, driven home, and dropped a couple blocks away.  I will always remember that walk back in the blizzard, being blown around, soaking it in, until I was so tired I went home and crashed

I used to fish for smallmouth bass next to the Union Rd bridge in Gardenville.  Spent a lot of time along Buffalo Creek in

my youth.

• Like (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

They are playing a 3 win football team...they should win regardless of weather.

Bills play the Bears, but some are acting like it's the '86 Bears.

Chiefs play the Seahawks.

Jets play the Jaguars.

Dolphins play the Packers.

Patriots play the Bengals.

Chargers play the Colts.

Ravens play the Falcons.

Titans play the Texans.

I believe the fans of these other teams are looking at the Bills/Bears game and going damn, Bills are going to win.

Bills will take care of business and clinch the AFC East Saturday!

• Like (+1) 5

1 hour ago, Scott7975 said:

The other issue is having to play from shotgun all day because Van Roten and Josh cant seem to figure out how to not mess up the exchange.

% of plays under center to date this season:  27%

% of plays under center last season: 27%

I'm thinking we play from shotgun the overwhelming majority of the time for other reasons.  Though, Van Roten is effectively our 3rd string center so I doubt he gets a lot of practice time with Josh.

Did we see this?

Ed Oliver and Jordan Phillips both questionable - YIKES. 

Our DL is a mess.   Hopefully 1 of the 2 can go, but I think we're gonna need an elevation to the 53 man roster (maybe 2) in addition to 2 practice squad call-ups. 

For those scoring at home, as best as I can figure:

-Mike Love has had 1 of 3 practice squad call-ups

-Brandin Bryant has had 1 of 3 practice squad call-ups.  He has played in 4 games, but was signed to the active roster from 9/24 to 10/8 when he played in the 1st MIA and BAL games, again signed to the active roster 10/11 - 11/1 (no games), and a third signing from 12/13-12/19 for the 2nd MIA game.

-John Brown and Cole Beasley have both used 1 of 3 practice squad call-ups

Not sure who we bring up for another DT if both Ed and Phillps can't go.

Edited by Beck Water

5 hours ago, Buffalo03 said:

Find this hilarious. Apparently, Cheffers is in the Bills pockets and wants us to be the #1 seed

Gentlemen, we have arrived! 

It feels good to finally be the good team that the refs favor. It was a long 20 years with Brady at the mantle. It feels good to take the thrown. 

Eff it, I will take it. 

1 hour ago, ColoradoBills said:

Bills play the Bears, but some are acting like it's the '86 Bears.

Chiefs play the Seahawks.

Jets play the Jaguars.

Dolphins play the Packers.

Patriots play the Bengals.

Chargers play the Colts.

Ravens play the Falcons.

Titans play the Texans.

I believe the fans of these other teams are looking at the Bills/Bears game and going damn, Bills are going to win.

Bills will take care of business and clinch the AFC East Saturday!

Look at me being a Patriots fan this weekend. Look At Us Paul Rudd GIF by First We Feast: Hot Ones

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I live in the Chicago area. My neighbors were supposed to fly out of O'Hare this evening, flight just got delayed until tomorrow. Bills plane already delayed is not a great sign. It's been snowing the past 4 hours here.

• Like (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, Heathcliff said:

I believe their flight is at 7:00 PM local time

If it takes off out of Buffalo at 7 pm should arrive in Chicago ~7:30 pm central time or 01:30 zulu

https://aviationweather.gov/taf/board?ids=KORD

Weather actually forecast to get a bit better around then, but of course there will be all the ongoing flight impacts from earlier weather delays. 

Anyone know which Chicago airport the Bills use?  Midway would be a lot closer to Soldier Field.

12 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

LOL is that Cole Beasley in front of the one with McKenzie's number on it, like "hey, giving one to yourself - where's mine?"

• Haha (+1) 1

37 minutes ago, T&C said:

Not 100% sure but I believe this is their flight:

https://flightaware.com/live/flight/DAL8859/history/20221223/0010Z/KBUF/KORD

Seems a bit odd they would fly into O'Hare.

Getting from O'Hare to Soldier Field gonna be a chore, hope they have a hotel next to the airport.

33 minutes ago, eball said:

Well that's not good.

What's not good about it?  Other than all the airports in Chicago are going to be a cold mess today.

50 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

If it takes off out of Buffalo at 7 pm should arrive in Chicago ~7:30 pm central time or 01:30 zulu

https://aviationweather.gov/taf/board?ids=KORD

Weather actually forecast to get a bit better around then, but of course there will be all the ongoing flight impacts from earlier weather delays. 

Anyone know which Chicago airport the Bills use?  Midway would be a lot closer to Soldier Field.

LOL is that Cole Beasley in front of the one with McKenzie's number on it, like "hey, giving one to yourself - where's mine?"

Beasley signed too late for the custom order haha. His is probably in production as we speak. Super cool gift 

35 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

Seems a bit odd they would fly into O'Hare.

Getting from O'Hare to Soldier Field gonna be a chore, hope they have a hotel next to the airport.

O'Hare has about 3x the fights coming in as Midway, and it's not much further out. They're not going to Soldier field from the airport, I'm sure they're at a hotel downtown, which is close to Soldier field.

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Dilligaf258 said:

I can confirm they are pretty cool. Though mine looks a bit different

arcade.JPG

I built one is these when I was in college (not buffalo style but a MAME cabinet). Very fun project.  Wish I still had it.

Edited by The Wiz
  • Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, 947 said:

O'Hare has about 3x the fights coming in as Midway, and it's not much further out. They're not going to Soldier field from the airport, I'm sure they're at a hotel downtown, which is close to Soldier field.

Yeah, it has 3x the flights as O'Hare...that's the thing.  It is scheduled to land flights about as rapidly as they can land during a normal day.  When the weather doesn't allow visual approach conditions, the capacity plummets and the flight cancellations/delays mount high.

But, if the Bills charter flight is booked as a Delta flight, which @T&C's link implies, it might not have a scheduled landing slot at Midway so I guess that explains it.

If the Bills are trying to land at O'Hare and bus to a downtown hotel, they not getting to their hotel until Late, Late, Late because traffic is going to be snarled like a 3 yr old left to brush her own hair.

Edited by Beck Water
  • Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.