Week 16: Bills at Bears on Christmas Eve

YoloinOhio

Right now from NWS (Friday) for Rochester:

Rain before 2pm, then snow. High near 50. Breezy. Chance of precipitation is 100%.

i guess if they leave in the AM they might be ok getting out, but I probably should defer to a pilot as to where to land.

I flew a kite once but the landing was 30’ up in a maple.

• Haha (+1) 1

37 minutes ago, SUNY_amherst said:

“Impossible” that’s a good one

I’ll just drop it. You can be happy with the explanation that it was “impossible” to play a football game in Orchard Park, NY where they’ve been playing football games for over 50 years

On the contrary, I am happy to hear other possible explanations, which is why I asked for more information from you. However, it is interesting that you can make the claim over and over, but when pushed for an example or reasoning behind your claims, you shut down and deflect.  

7 minutes ago, hemma said:

Right now from NWS (Friday) for Rochester:

Rain before 2pm, then snow. High near 50. Breezy. Chance of precipitation is 100%.

i guess if they leave in the AM they might be ok getting out, but I probably should defer to a pilot as to where to land.

I flew a kite once but the landing was 30’ up in a maple.

We literally have the same forecast here, why would they drive to Rochester?

5 minutes ago, ytownblofan said:

On the contrary, I am happy to hear other possible explanations, which is why I asked for more information from you. However, it is interesting that you can make the claim over and over, but when pushed for an example or reasoning behind your claims, you shut down and deflect.  

Hilarious someone from Amherst would have any opinion on it since they don't deal with it.

39 minutes ago, NickelCity said:

Would be amazing if Hyde came back for the playoffs. Pleeeeease let it be. Also Crowder would be a nice addition if he's in playing shape. 

His presence has really been missed. Many times during different games there have been quite a few plays made by opposing offenses that very likely don't happen if Hyde had been playing.

For instance, the TD throw Tua made to T. Hill that Hamlin was a little late getting to, likely doesn't happen if Hyde is there (also if you noticed was similar looking play as Pats threw in play off game last yr where Hyde raped and robbed from them)..

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

assuming many of us in WNY lose power......where can we watch the game on our phones?  CBS App?  Or?

Reddit Free streams online are always a good option in a pinch

Just now, Patrick Duffy said:

His presence has really been missed. Many times during different games there have been quite a few plays made by opposing offenses that very likely don't happen if Hyde had been playing.

For instance, the TD throw Tua made to T. Hill that Hamlin was a little late getting to, likely doesn't happen if Hyde is there (also if you noticed was similar looking play as Pats threw in play off game last yr where Hyde raped and robbed from them)..

Hamlin has been OK to good...mainly against the run but is a big liability compared to Hyde in coverage. Probably have allowed more deep passes this year than the last 3 years combined.

Edited by Big Turk
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Just now, Patrick Duffy said:

Without a doubt. Huge dropoff from Hyde to Hamlin. Lucky for Damar, Johnson was an even worse dropoff. Hamlin's angles and processing are just a little too raw/slow right now, which seems to be good for spotting the other team 7pts a game. He's has potential but he's not there yet (easily arguable that we shouldn't judge him as if he should be there right now). 

• Agree 2

4 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

We literally have the same forecast here, why would they drive to Rochester?

Unless watching a movie, pretty sure this storm isn’t going to descend from out space.  The more typical route is West to East.

I’d think there will be a couple hour difference, thus my reasoning about AM travel.

One way or the other, I doubt the Bills’ logistics team will be consulting random opinions from TBD.

1 minute ago, SUNY_amherst said:

so build a f*ckin dome if you can't play in the snow. Us taxpayers are on the hook for how much and they are gonna move the games to Detroit, when it snows, in Buffalo, now and when that monstrosity is built

How many time do people need to be told that a dome would make no difference in these scenario's.  The game is only canceled if the region is shut down with unsafe conditions.  What the ***** is a dome going to do about that?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

9 minutes ago, SUNY_amherst said:

so build a f*ckin dome if you can't play in the snow. Us taxpayers are on the hook for how much and they are gonna move the games to Detroit, when it snows, in Buffalo, now and when that monstrosity is built

For the last time...it wouldn't matter if there was a dome because nobody would have been able to get to the game, stop talking like you know what 7 feet of snow looks like and how difficult it makes it to clear because Amherst ain't it in terms of getting snow. 

6 minutes ago, SWATeam said:

How many time do people need to be told that a dome would make no difference in these scenario's.  The game is only canceled if the region is shut down with unsafe conditions.  What the ***** is a dome going to do about that?

Clueless people who live in areas that get barely any lake snow but somehow know best how to handle it.  Where is the ignore button for that dude? Might as well be getting advice from the Fin fans living in Miami on how to deal with it too, it's about as valid. And yes, I regularly get pummeled with lake snows living in the snow belts east of the Airport...7 feet in 2014 and almost 4 this year, so I have some experience on the subject.

Edited by Big Turk
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, SUNY_amherst said:

This is so illogical it makes my head hurt. On to ignore you go...

Whoa...this is a pretty strong statement by the NWS.

Winter Storm Watch up...holy crap...Winds as high as 65 mph!!
image.thumb.png.6150ad3e26c96951e1b5e47af07ce79f.png 

2 minutes ago, SUNY_amherst said:

Right. They moved the game to a dome because of the snow but we're supposed to believe a dome would make no difference

How can someone be this clueless and live in WNY?  I am convinced you are not from this area despite your screen name.

Edited by Big Turk
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, SUNY_amherst said:

Or they could just play as scheduled

Hi again Jerry, 

I don’t see any reason to move the game or time as long as planes can get in and out safely. I suspect the league feels the same. 

1 hour ago, SUNY_amherst said:

I'm not Jerry Sullivan

That is precisely something that Jerry Sullivan would say. 

Thanks again for joining us Jerry. Enjoy your extra time with your family around the holidays. Hope your wife and daughter don’t drive you too crazy. Women, amirite?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

33 minutes ago, JohninMinn. said:

Run and stop the run. Not the Bills fortè. Wind chill is actually dangerous. They might have to move this game to Sunday.

Screenshot_20221220_124517_The Weather Channel~3.jpg

Since the NFL doesn't GAF about player safety from heat stroke (as witness the sideline in Miami) what makes you think they will GAF about dangerous wind-chill?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

38 minutes ago, SWATeam said:

An infinite # of times when said people are functionally trolls who are here to stir *****.......

It has nothing to do with living in Amherst.  I used to live right down the street from SUNY Amherst and I understood lake effect snow.

Edited by Beck Water
  • Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, SUNY_amherst said:

you have too much time on your hands and a child-like imagination

Hi again Jerry, 

You silly goose!!! Aren’t you the one with the time on your hands though? You know who doesn’t have a lot of time on their hands though? Women. Because of all the cheerleading, and woman things, and what not. 

• Haha (+1) 2

8 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

Regardless of where/when the final 3 games are played, personally, I’m convinced we’ll win 2 of the 3 -Chi & NE*. It’s the Cincy game for all the AFC marbles! I have no clue about that outcome.🤷‍♂️

bills win....   don't worry.  :)

45 minutes ago, SUNY_amherst said:

Who hurt you and point to the doll where they touched you

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 5

44 minutes ago, SWATeam said:

that's a really big dome....then you have to worry about airspace...and making sure the doors are big enough for the trucker's to get in and out and that's nothing compared to the ships bringing the sand into buffalo.  are we paying to bill to heat and A/c this space as well or is that the county or state?   LOL. 

The actual temperature and crazy low wind chill, in and of itself, wouldn't be a reason to adjust the timing or location of the game. 

But blizzard/dangerous driving conditions in/around Chicago at the worst time, or even around Buffalo if impacts ability to travel to Chicago, could be a reason to adjust the game IMHO.

Edited by TheWei44
  • Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, NickelCity said:

Would be amazing if Hyde came back for the playoffs. Pleeeeease let it be. Also Crowder would be a nice addition if he's in playing shape. 

Crowder’s pretty much a certainty IMO.

But Hyde is a longshot given the nature of his injury.

I would love to see it, but he’s definitely not going to be rushed back since Hamlin has been playing pretty well back there with Po.

21 minutes ago, TheWei44 said:

The actual temperature and crazy low wind chill, in and of itself, wouldn't be a reason to adjust the timing or location of the game. 

But blizzard/dangerous driving conditions in/around Chicago at the worst time, or even around Buffalo if impacts ability to travel to Chicago, could be a reason to adjust the game IMHO.

Agreed. Don’t think the league wants to risk both player and fan safety.

1 hour ago, SWATeam said:

I think he secretly wants a 60 mile diameter dome over the entire area, but is afraid to ask.  Because of shyness.

• Haha (+1) 2

30 minutes ago, nucci said:

I was at Bills Raiders game where wind chill was 32 below...game temp was 0. There was never talk about moving the game to a different venue or another day

Well I guess there wouldn't be any talk if it's just wind chill 32 below and cold. It's that the possibility of not being able to get there safe in time with blizzard shutting down travel

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.