If we must criticize, how 'bout Cam Lewis gets his share?

Beck Water

OMFG, that roughing penalty.  Bills D gets a stop, but Fins pin us at the 2.  We get punting room, but not more. 

D gets another stop, this time preventing a FG on a drive that practically started in FG range.  They were fierce.  I was proud.

Dolphins punt.  Then Cam Lewis Enters the Chat.  I don't think I've seen a more clearly idiotic play in the last two seasons.

Prove me wrong.

Edit:  OK, I have been proven wrong, by an unexpected source.  It is not longer even the most idiotic play I've seen THIS season.

Edited by Beck Water
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 22
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 3

1 minute ago, SageAgainstTheMachine said:

Yeah that was awful, like you’re off the team awful.  He also tried too hard to intercept that Jefferson catch on 4th and 18 instead of knocking it away in my opinion.

This^^^^.  Activate Ike and cut Cam Lewis to make room.

Edited by Freddie's Dead
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 8
  • Thank you (+1) 2

1 minute ago, SageAgainstTheMachine said:

Yeah that was awful, like you’re off the team awful.  He also tried too hard to intercept that Jefferson catch on 4th and 18 instead of knocking it away in my opinion.

Not to pile on the guy, but pretty sure he lost containment on the long Dalvin Cook TD too.

• Like (+1) 4

Also can someone who knows more advise what is Hamlin’s strength. I understand not going to replace all pro Hyde. Yet multiple times a game (I know he forced fumble last week) I say to myself if Hyde was there then that doesn’t happen. To me either would have speed or excellent tackling. What I see is slow, poor in coverage, poor tackling. Or is that he’s a good tackler but consistently takes poor angles 

Edited by BillsFooteball
  • Agree 2

It seems to me that he wants to be the "hero". That play in the Vikings game and last night's play screamed of an attention/hero type of mentality. Like he needed to make a play for his team to win. He needs to know he not Josh Allen, Stefon Diggs or Von Miller. He's a role player who might've played his arse of the team

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, BillsFooteball said:

Also can someone who knows more advise what is Hamlin’s strength. I understand not going to replace all pro Hyde. Yet multiple times a game (I know he forced fumble last week) I say to myself if Hyde was there then that doesn’t happen. To me either would have speed or excellent tackling. What I see is slow, poor in coverage, poor tackling. Or is that he’s a good tackler but consistently takes poor angles 

I see all the same things as you do. Unfortunately we just don’t have any better options…those angles he takes my god

• Agree 1

7 minutes ago, BuffaloDave55 said:

Cut him...today!

I feel like he's gonna do something stupid in the playoffs to make us lose a la Daryl Porter

4 minutes ago, BillsFooteball said:

Why did we acquire Dean Marlowe? 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 3
  • Thank you (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, BillsFooteball said:

Also can someone who knows more advice what is Hamlin’s strength. I understand not going to replace all pro Hyde. Yet multiple times a game (I know he forced fumble last week) I say to myself if Hyde was there then that doesn’t happen. To me either would have speed or excellent tackling. What I see is slow, poor in coverage, poor tackling. Or is that he’s a good tackler but consistently takes poor angles 

He hardly played on D last season and was thrown in to start this season.  He is no Micah Hyde but still can improve.

S/FS position he is covering is a critical position in Frazier's D.  He will be fighting for a starter job for 2024.

6 minutes ago, Solomon Grundy said:

It seems to me that he wants to be the "hero". That play in the Vikings game and last night's play screamed of an attention/hero type of mentality. Like he needed to make a play for his team to win. He needs to know he not Josh Allen, Stefon Diggs or Von Miller. He's a role player who might've played his arse of the team

Totally agree. Especially in 4th and 18. But it’s not just him, it’s all over the league. You see players routinely intercept 4th down passes. Only time that should be done is if the other team is in the red zone and you pick it in the end zone

Edited by VaMilBill
  • Like (+1) 3

What we do at safety will be very interesting this summer. Age has caught up to Poyer and Hyde in the form of injuries, Hamlin isn’t a starter. Johnson and Lewis look like practice squad players. 

Lots want to see Benford move, I actually want to see it be Taron Johnson who’s a very good NC but I still think is an elite Safety and Benford take the slot. 

Draft a Safety in the 2nd or 3rd round as well. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 1

22 minutes ago, BillsFooteball said:

He definitely flunked geometry in school!! 😎

Yeah this guy seriously needs to be gone. How the *****, in such limited action, does one single player cost the team one home game and almost cost them a second? It's crazy how bad his decision making is. After the first time I thought maybe he's on the take. After yesterday I think any of the coaches or management that wants to keep him here must be on the take. Just crazy crazy stupid

• Agree 1

27 minutes ago, SageAgainstTheMachine said:

The failure to batt the pass down was a bad play, but our DBs are legit drilled and drilled and drilled to be ballhawks, until situations arise where they need to knock it down.  Yeah, good players have the situational awareness and adjust.  Yeah, his failure to knock the pass down arguably cost us the game.  But I can understand that it's asking a player to override physical and mental reflexes that have been dinned into them in every meeting and drilled into them on the field all week.  Backup players make bad plays, it happens.

Under no circumstances is a ST player coached to scoop up the punter and slam him down.  That was a real FART ("***** Are you Really Thinking?") kind of a play in my view; no excuse I can think of.

• Like (+1) 1

He didn't just rough the punter in the way it normally happens. He caught him out of the air after the ball was gone, wrapped him up, & up buried him into the ground. Why in the hell would anybody ever try to tackle the punter? That was probably the dumbest play in Bills history.

• Haha (+1) 1

45 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

OMFG, that roughing penalty.  Bills D gets a stop, but Fins pin us at the 2.  We get punting room, but not more. 

D gets another stop, this time preventing a FG on a drive that practically started in FG range.  They were fierce.  I was proud.

Dolphins punt.  Then Cam Lewis Enters the Chat.  I don't think I've seen a more clearly idiotic play in the last two seasons.

Prove me wrong.

Kind of a weird flex here but ok…not sure who is going to “prove” he should be on the team

Unacceptable penalty for a guy already on a short leash (if he isn’t, he should be) after going for the INT over knocking it down against Minnesota.. THE play that allowed the Vikings to win that game. 

How on earth does a 3rd string spot duty Safety almost cost us two games?

Edited by SCBills

Make him clean all the toilets at OBD for a week, twice a day, 

50 minutes ago, BillsFooteball said:

Hamlin’s main strength is not being Jaquan Johnson. 

• Haha (+1) 2

17 minutes ago, Ya Digg? said:

Kind of a weird flex here but ok…not sure who is going to “prove” he should be on the team

I was wondering if someone would "invoke obscure rules" or obscure special teams procedures and tell me it wasn't as much of a brain-dead ***** up as I thought.

So far 🦗 on that point

5 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

I was wondering if someone would "invoke obscure rules" or obscure special teams procedures and tell me it wasn't as much of a brain-dead ***** up as I thought.

So far 🦗 on that point

Coach McDermott has a strong faith, and advises the players to play as inspired men of God.  Unfortunately, Lewis equated that as 'playing like a saint'.  The New Orleans Saints of 2009-11.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Beck Water said:

Prove me wrong.

4th and 18 against the Vikings not knocking the ball down.  I sense a pattern here.