I’m starting to get extremely frustrated with Dorsey.

FireChans

16 hours ago, FireChans said:

Here’s the thing. I have never been a “fire the OC” guy. I think if you polled fans of 32 NFL teams, and ask them their biggest problem with their team, it would either be the OC or playcalling, two nebulous concepts that usually come down to more of a lack of execution than anything else.

All that being said, Dorsey is driving me nuts. I can live with getting away from the run a little bit. Josh is our best offensive weapon and anytime the ball isn’t in his hands, defenses are happy. 

What I cannot deal with is a lack of preparedness and what appears to be glaring schematic flaws. 

There were two separate occasions on deep shots tonight where Gabe Davis and Isaiah McKenzie were operating within 2 yards of each other. Unless one of those recievers ran the wrong route, there is exactly NO excuse for that. These were not flood concepts or rubs or anything like that. Just two guys running flag routes next to each other.

The other thing. Backup OLmen all over the field because of injuries, not his fault. But we go out there and try to catch the defense with cadence with two backups in on the OL? Is that a joke? Of course, Saffold jumped (which is even funnier) but I question the decision making at all.

Bottom line is the Bills offense is still really good. Statistically one of the best. But a lot of times, it feels to me that Josh ends games dragging this team to the finish line after mixed results for the first 3 Q’s. And you know, that’s fine. If that’s the story of the 2022 Bills offense, it’s still pretty good. 

But to me, I don’t think that’s the sum of our parts. I think that’s selling us short. 

As a positive, Knox was infinitely more involved today which was awesome to see and definitely worked. So you know, Dorsey isn’t hopeless. But these are the kind of things that I had hoped would be cleaned up by week 6,

It's his first year. I'm almost positive that you weren't at the top of your said profession at the beginning.  🤷🏼 I know I wasn't, without a doubt...

Go Bills!!

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Perk71 said:

It's his first year. I'm almost positive that you weren't at the top of your said profession at the beginning.  🤷🏼 I know I wasn't, without a doubt...

Go Bills!!

My performance wasn’t going to affect my team winning the Super Bowl

• Eyeroll 1

23 minutes ago, Perk71 said:

Go Bills!!

This is the NFL.  It's a business.  If you don't put the best person in for the job it's the managements fault.

You don't win a SB with unqualified coaching personnel.

Dorsey =  Fire Dumpster GIF by Todd Rocheford

• Vomit 1

1 hour ago, FireChans said:

My performance wasn’t going to affect my team winning the Super Bowl

The question becomes valid when do not see growth from Ken as much as we might hope.
We see Allen carrying the Team each week.
Its just the fact.
 Thought game planning would have improved a bit more by now.to take Allen of the hook for our run game, when we need the yards.
and yes the pass game looks sketchy at times with patterns never getting open or Josh not seeing wide opens.

Who is the pass game coordinator this year ?

1 hour ago, Eastport bills said:

The overly critical Dorsey evaluation is alive and well on this board. Red zone offense ,4TDS and the winningFG.. Rushing yardage over 150, 9 different receiver including TDS for Hines and Morris and getting Beasley involved and 304 yds. I’m sure any fanbase would sign for that.

who is the rushing leader ?

56 minutes ago, 3rdand12 said:

The question becomes valid when do not see growth from Ken as much as we might hope.
We see Allen carrying the Team each week.
Its just the fact.
 Thought game planning would have improved a bit more by now.to take Allen of the hook for our run game, when we need the yards.
and yes the pass game looks sketchy at times with patterns never getting open or Josh not seeing wide opens.

Who is the pass game coordinator this year ?

who is the rushing leader ?

Are you familiar with the term , take what the defense is giving you? The runs for Josh that are called in are because the defense is playing a certain way.Certain runs he audibles into because he thinks it’s better than Dorsey’s play. Obviously winning is not your main objective. Remember you’re looking at a revamped O-line, with 2 starters including your center out of the lineup.The last drive was surgical with Motor getting first downs and crossers keeping drives alive. 11 and 3, 5 tough wins in a row including 3 division wins. If you’re looking for perfection, sorry.

• Thank you (+1) 1

5 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

That's probably just the difference between elation(fans) and relief(coaches) when winning a close game that was full of mistakes by the players on your side of the ball.

Can Dorsey get better?   Certainly,  he is a rookie play caller and no rookie OC has won a SB since Mike Holmgren with the 49ers in the 1980's(and that team was the defending SB champ already).

But early in the game Allen was missing wide open receivers with inaccurate throws and then the receiving corps had their usual up and down game catching the ball..........which is "the usual" because his targets aren't premium talents.........guys like Knox and Davis were mid round picks in part because they weren't good catchers of the football.    Singletary and McKenzie were also hard handed.    

The reality is that the offense under Dorsey is more consistently productive against a MUCH harder schedule than what they got from Brian Daboll last season.  

I agree with most of this. I think there are some questions with Dorsey but they are understandable given he is a first year OC and the job is a lot harder than fans who play Madden think. He doesn't have a lot of high end talent on offense. He has been given a patchwork of an offensive line and middling receiving weapons after Diggs and Knox - and as you say Knox still has his inconsistent moments as a catcher of the football. Add to that the mini-crisis of confidence Josh seemed to go through for a couple of games there and overall Dorsey has done a good job.

The three things I have criticised Dorsey for during the year are:

1. Lack of creativity. I think in some games it has been very vanilla. The last couple of weeks have been better in that regard and the two first half touchdowns yesterday - the sprint out and throw to Morris and the clever design to Hines - were progress. Last week we saw end arounds and sweeps back too. All those concepts need to be part of what we do. 

2. Under use of Dawson Knox in the pass game. Athletically there is no question in my mind that after Diggs the most talented guy we have and the biggest potential mismatch is Dawson Knox. I know he has had 3 bad drops in the last two games, but of all Bills receivers with more than 10 targets this season he leads the team in catch % at 74%. Again, the last two weeks have been better. 15 targets over the two games. That is right around where he should be IMO. 

3. Gets away from quick game. This is the one where I still think there is work to be done. When the offense gets in a rut it seems to me the most common feature is a lacl of quick game. We all know Josh is at his best when he gets in rhythm and when we want to start drives in a run heavy, hard play action, mode he tends to get antsy if things don't immediately open downfield. The weather actually forced some quick game back in during the 4th quarter yesterday and the Bills were better for it.

All of that being said, I think calls for Dorsey's head are total overreaction. That rookie OC stat is interesting (and not surprising). We have seen even experienced OCs and QBs take 2 years to really explode. Matt Ryan's MVP year was his second year with Kyle Shanahan (who had multiple years as an OC before that), Aaron Rodgers 1st year with Matt LeFleur was relatively pedestrian in terms of his personal production, his 2nd and 3rd years were MVP seasons. Dorsey (and by extension Josh) are performing pretty well in that context. I hope the improvements we have seen the last couple of weeks continue. I am certainly patient to let them figure it out. Unless Dorsey gets a HC job (which I think is unlikely but not impossible) I see zero reason for him not to be back in 2023. Hopefully he has finally convinced Beane to give him some premium oline talent and some young playmakers on the perimeter.

Edited by GunnerBill
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I agree with most of this. I think there are some questions with Dorsey but they are understandable given he is a first year OC and the job is a lot harder than fans who play Madden think. He doesn't have a lot of high end talent on offense. He has been given a patchwork of an offensive line and middling receiving weapons after Diggs and Knox - and as you say Knox still has his inconsistent moments as a catcher of the football. Add to that the mini-crisis of confidence Josh seemed to go through for a couple of games there and overall Dorsey has done a good job.

The three things I have criticised Dorsey for during the year are:

1. Lack of creativity. I think in some games it has been very vanilla. The last couple of weeks have been better in that regard and the two first half touchdowns yesterday - the sprint out and throw to Morris and the clever design to Hines - were progress. Last week we saw end arounds and sweeps back too. All those concepts need to be part of what we do. 

2. Under use of Dawson Knox in the pass game. Athletically there is no question in my mind that after Diggs the most talented guy we have and the biggest potential mismatch is Dawson Knox. I know he has had 3 bad drops in the last two games, but of all Bills receivers with more than 10 targets this season he leads the team in catch % at 74%. Again, the last two weeks have been better. 15 targets over the two games. That is right around where he should be IMO. 

3. Gets away from quick game. This is the one where I still think there is work to be done. When the offense gets in a rut it seems to me the most common feature is a lacl of quick game. We all know Josh is at his best when he gets in rhythm and when we want to start drives in a run heavy, hard play action, mode he tends to get antsy if things don't immediately open downfield. The weather actually forced some quick game back in during the 4th quarter yesterday and the Bills were better for it.

All of that being said, I think calls for Dorsey's head are total overreaction. That rookie OC stat is interesting (and not surprising). We have seen even experienced OCs and QBs take 2 years to really explode. Matt Ryan's MVP year was his second year with Kyle Shanahan (who had multiple years as an OC before that), Aaron Rodgers 1st year with Matt LeFleur was relatively pedestrian in terms of his personal production, his 2nd and 3rd years were MVP seasons. Dorsey (and my extension Josh) are performing pretty well in that context. I hope the improvements we have seen the last couple of weeks continue. I am certainly patient to let them figure it out. Unless Dorsey gets a HC job (which I think is unlikely but not impossible) I see zero reason for him not to be back in 2023. Hopefully he has finally convinced Beane to give him some premium oline talent and some young playmakers on the perimeter.

1. I have no doubt the lack of creativity is a response by the Bills to Daboll trying to fool the opposition with practically every call.    That is fun when it's working and then stretches like the road to 7-6 last year happen and a defensive minded HC starts questioning why everything has to be so complicated when you have Superman at QB.   

2. Agree.   They gotta' use Knox heavily in the passing game down the stretch.   He's not the most graceful or coordinated TE and takes some terrible hits/falls so I've considered that maybe they've limited some of his usage to keep him fresh down the stretch........just as I think they've limited some of the quick game to Diggs and Davis because of the beating they saw the WR corps take in the 2020 season and how diminished they were come playoff time.

3. But also agree on the quick game.   They have been reduced to a station to station offense.   It's not where they SHOULD be at this point of JA's career........but it's where they are and every game is critical now.   I think that bye and #1 seed loom large.   Allen being the best player in the NFL is still capable of putting up 30 point performances...........it just takes 4 quarters of highly physical football from JA to get there now.

• Like (+1) 5

The incredibly poor offensive line play makes it really impossible to judge anything.  It's screwing up the rhythm because Allen has to whip out magic to make basic plays work. If he wasn't superhuman, this team would be dead in the water.

Without Morse, we have four out of the five lineman who are at replacement level. 

Spencer Brown, for as big and athletic as he is, is constantly getting beat.  The guard play has been atrocious, Saffold might be the worst guy on the team if it wasn't for Bobby Hart.

I'm not going to judge Dorsey too harshly until we get some at least average guys graded in the O-Line.

1 hour ago, Buffalo Ballin said:

How is the Miami Dolphins the better coached and more talented team?

We beat them. They're 8-6. We're 11-3.

We beat them with a third string center that can only snap the ball to a qb in the shotgun. Gotta think that effected the gameplan.  

Miami absolutely implodes when they’re missing an offensive lineman. We would’ve torched them if morse didn’t go down or if bates was available.  Dolphins got a gift against us twice this year…we played a whole half + with a third string center in the first matchup too 

8 minutes ago, Bruffalo said:

The incredibly poor offensive line play makes it really impossible to judge anything.  It's screwing up the rhythm because Allen has to whip out magic to make basic plays work. If he wasn't superhuman, this team would be dead in the water.

Without Morse, we have four out of the five lineman who are at replacement level. 

Spencer Brown, for as big and athletic as he is, is constantly getting beat.  The guard play has been atrocious, Saffold might be the worst guy on the team if it wasn't for Bobby Hart.

I'm not going to judge Dorsey too harshly until we get some at least average guys graded in the O-Line.

Bates will help when he returns.  Van roten is bad when he plays his normal position but when he has to bump over to center he is pretty close to if not the worst offensive lineman in the league. 

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan

1 hour ago, BADOLBILZ said:

1. I have no doubt the lack of creativity is a response by the Bills to Daboll trying to fool the opposition with practically every call.    That is fun when it's working and then stretches like the road to 7-6 last year happen and a defensive minded HC starts questioning why everything has to be so complicated when you have Superman at QB.   

2. Agree.   They gotta' use Knox heavily in the passing game down the stretch.   He's not the most graceful or coordinated TE and takes some terrible hits/falls so I've considered that maybe they've limited some of his usage to keep him fresh down the stretch........just as I think they've limited some of the quick game to Diggs and Davis because of the beating they saw the WR corps take in the 2020 season and how diminished they were come playoff time.

3. But also agree on the quick game.   They have been reduced to a station to station offense.   It's not where they SHOULD be at this point of JA's career........but it's where they are and every game is critical now.   I think that bye and #1 seed loom large.   Allen being the best player in the NFL is still capable of putting up 30 point performances...........it just takes 4 quarters of highly physical football from JA to get there now.

I guess IRT the bolded, I would hope they are not preserving Diggs/Davis to the detriment of JA.

I don't want to see a physically bruised and beaten down JA come the postseason.

24 minutes ago, FireChans said:

I guess IRT the bolded, I would hope they are not preserving Diggs/Davis to the detriment of JA.

I don't want to see a physically bruised and beaten down JA come the postseason.

In 2020 it was either/or.......they had a top 3 WR corps.........they had a choice then..........either you run all those quick hitters/comebacks and let Diggs and Beasley get beaten up or Allen has to run around and take a beating.    They chose to protect Allen because they could do that and still be dynamic.

With this middling 2022 receiving corps........it's not either/or,  IMO.

They don't have the personnel to NOT have to use Allen like a running back in 2022.   I expect them to work the quick game even more going down the stretch because it makes them more efficient offensively...........but Allen is still going to be running the ball 6-10 times every game either way.    I don't think there is any changing that.

Edited by BADOLBILZ
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

33 minutes ago, NewEra said:

The common answer will likely be Frank Reich imo

At this moment, I think Reich is better as an OC than Dorsey.  But there is a personal Dorsey Allen connection that cannot be ignored.  Also, do you really want your Franchise QB to go through three OC in three seasons?  Beane and McDermott don't believe in that instability. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, ganesh said:

At this moment, I think Reich is better as an OC than Dorsey.  But there is a personal Dorsey Allen connection that cannot be ignored.  Also, do you really want your Franchise QB to go through three OC in three seasons?  Beane and McDermott don't believe in that instability. 

Yeah I hear ya.  I’m not in the Dorsey hate club, yet.  He’s a rookie play caller.  He’s learning.  I won’t judge him completely on his first 14 games. Iirc 4 teams have scored more points than us.  We should be top 5-  we are top 5-  we may have the best qb, but our OL is kinda bad and we lack trustworthy pass catchers other than Diggs.  Our RBs aren’t special.  Top 5 scoring is fine.  Going 11-3 is great

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

14 hours ago, TN Bills Fan said:

One of the ways I like to evaluate coaches is to see if young players develop and see if they use veterans correctly.  Dorsey, Kromer, and Hall get failing grades in that department.  Gabe Davis has regressed even from where he was 2 years ago.  Mackenzie either was never good enough or has regressed.  Shakir is invisible.  Hodgins was poorly evaluated.  Instead they end up grasping at 2 limited veterans at the end of the season.  Dawkins seems to get run around in the passing game more than he has in the past.  That has to be sloppy technique (coaching). 

In response to the bolded:

image.thumb.png.483b57ad33c854d95e429d42b15a70e3.png

Statistically, Gabriel Davis is having his best professional season (or, if you like, the same kind of season but with a few more targets). Note that his poor catch % is perfectly in line with his first two seasons. And also recall that he also disappeared and/or underperformed for stretches each of the past two seasons (due to injuries and/or poor play). That KC playoff game has skewed everyone's expectations. This is who he is, just with a more prominent role.

• Agree 4

45 minutes ago, Richard Noggin said:

In response to the bolded:

image.thumb.png.483b57ad33c854d95e429d42b15a70e3.png

Statistically, Gabriel Davis is having his best professional season (or, if you like, the same kind of season but with a few more targets). Note that his poor catch % is perfectly in line with his first two seasons. And also recall that he also disappeared and/or underperformed for stretches each of the past two seasons (due to injuries and/or poor play). That KC playoff game has skewed everyone's expectations. This is who he is, just with a more prominent role.

And Dawson Knox is warming up the past few weeks.  I expect him to have a much larger role in the next SIX games.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

6 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Yea I also agree Dabes arguably veered too far the other way but I'd rather be reigning it in a bit than having to push the dial. I do think the last couple of weeks we have seen a bit more creativity. But there was a spell in the middle of the season (even before the offensive slump games) where I wondered if we had re-hired Chris Palmer as passing game consultant (or whatever he was when Roman was here). 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

The one reason I liked Dabol better than Dorsey is that he threw in an effective gadget play every once in a while (often when the defenses expected nothing). The only time I can remember Dorsey doing that recently was with Knox under centre (very unusual but not gadget) on the draw Offside play vs the Jets.  The Bills have the intelligence and the skill set at multiple positions on offense (besides Josh) who can make these plays happen. I would love to see more Rb option plays, flea flickers etc thrown into the offense. Was Dorsey a very vanilla QB in Miami? why does he seem conservative?

2 minutes ago, Livinginthepast said:

The one reason I liked Dabol better than Dorsey is that he threw in an effective gadget play every once in a while (often when the defenses expected nothing). The only time I can remember Dorsey doing that recently was with Knox under centre (very unusual but not gadget) on the draw Offside play vs the Jets.  The Bills have the intelligence and the skill set at multiple positions on offense (besides Josh) who can make these plays happen. I would love to see more Rb option plays, flea flickers etc thrown into the offense. Was Dorsey a very vanilla QB in Miami? why does he seem conservative?

I think the last two weeks have been better. More wrinkles. But I agree some of it was very vanilla earlier in the season. I liked the calls on the first two touchdowns yesterday. 

6 hours ago, ganesh said:

A very good point I’m not continually changing out offensive coordinators everything that we do should be about getting the most out of Josh which includes Continuity but there is a direct correlation with how good the offensive line play is and overall team offensive success would really like to see us try to reinvent the Super Bowl bills offensive line

The running game is starting to be more effective to dictate the game and I will give the Offensive staff credit for that as we saw them strangle the Pats D with the run game and good Defense and then take over the fourth with a good balance predicated on effective running against Miami.  It seemed to me that once Morse went out they took some time to adjust and once they realized they could run effectively things worked out.  That is who they need to be a team that is balanced and can use play action to get space and matchups for the receivers.

Getting Knox more involved was huge and I wonder if they should use Cook more in the slot. McKenzie is someone who just isn’t getting the ball in space, even though I’m not a big fan after seeing him in a more prominent role.  I haven’t watched all 22 to see if that is a McKenzie issue, a play design issue, an Allen issue or a blocking issue.  I’m sure it’s some combo of all of those things but the truth is that the Bills arent getting much YAC and McKenzie and Cook were supposed to change that.  Why the offense has gotten away from timing routes is batted balls from what I can tell and the one obvious attempt to use play action on a Diggs slant that may have been a huge play was deflected on Saturday night.  

Teams are spying Allen so there should be favorable matchups out of the backfield and slot.  The Bills play calling should also use more designed passes that look like QB designed runs.  Especially ones that create space by having the spy commit to pursuit creating holes over the spy and under the deep coverage.  The passing game lacks a rhythm and is really predicated on Josh escaping and making something happen.  Teams are lining up wide on the D line as well and that makes sense because the Bills most physical running back is Singletary and he is a strong back but not some one that is just going to impose his physicality over the course of a game and the Bills aren’t committed to exploiting the weaknesses of such formations enough to make teams think twice about doing it. The passing game just doesn’t seem to have many free runners despite having a really dangerous threat at QB to run it.  For those saying it is play design I’d have to say you are likely right, because I’m not seeing great play design unless Josh is just deciding to not execute the easy designed play.  Seeing Diggs getting upset as much as he has this season says to me that things are there but something is going wrong in execution as well. 

The main point is that the Offense has another gear that we can all see and for whatever reason they aren’t in that gear. 

Edited by Ayjent
  • Like (+1) 1

On 12/18/2022 at 12:25 AM, FireChans said:

Here’s the thing. I have never been a “fire the OC” guy.

I'm sure this has been quoted and commented eleventy-bajillion times already, but what the heck, YOU HAVE FIRE IN YOUR HANDLE.

On 12/18/2022 at 12:32 AM, BuffaloRebound said:

I hate how hard everything is.  Relying on Josh to constantly make super-human plays seems destined to come up short.  We’re the Elway Broncos before they got Terrell Davis and a running game.  

We might have Terrell Davis right now, but he's stuck behind Model Citizen Who Runs Into The Back Of OL.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Steptide said:

I agree Dorsey has been frustrating at times, but the bills offensively are better this year than last in almost every category. 

I wanna believe when playoffs come, they unleash the beast, kinda like what we saw last year 

This is what I'm hoping for. Daboll admitted to keeping the offense vanilla at times and letting the talent just beat the other guy. I could see Dorsey doing something similar. He's done the things I want him to do more of at times but will go away from it quick. 

On 12/18/2022 at 7:57 PM, Eastport bills said:

Are you familiar with the term , take what the defense is giving you? The runs for Josh that are called in are because the defense is playing a certain way.Certain runs he audibles into because he thinks it’s better than Dorsey’s play. Obviously winning is not your main objective. Remember you’re looking at a revamped O-line, with 2 starters including your center out of the lineup.The last drive was surgical with Motor getting first downs and crossers keeping drives alive. 11 and 3, 5 tough wins in a row including 3 division wins. If you’re looking for perfection, sorry.

why would you think winning is not the main objective?
 Defenses should not be dictating what the Offense is doing !
And Josh should not have to overide the play call so often and play hero ball to win games.

• Like (+1) 1

20 hours ago, ganesh said:

I feel you are on to something though,

Dorsey will get his footing in time and yes , he and Allen are tight.

But bringing Frank in as O advisor or OC whisperer > Ken Dorsey might be grateful as heck !

I mean who is he leaning on right now ? McD ? A defense expert.
Frank wants to get back to work asap in any capacity ! He would be an asset and not a threat to Ken I am sure.

Genius you are Ganesh !

On 12/17/2022 at 9:25 PM, FireChans said:

Here’s the thing. I have never been a “fire the OC” guy. I think if you polled fans of 32 NFL teams, and ask them their biggest problem with their team, it would either be the OC or playcalling, two nebulous concepts that usually come down to more of a lack of execution than anything else.

All that being said, Dorsey is driving me nuts. I can live with getting away from the run a little bit. Josh is our best offensive weapon and anytime the ball isn’t in his hands, defenses are happy. 

What I cannot deal with is a lack of preparedness and what appears to be glaring schematic flaws. 

There were two separate occasions on deep shots tonight where Gabe Davis and Isaiah McKenzie were operating within 2 yards of each other. Unless one of those recievers ran the wrong route, there is exactly NO excuse for that. These were not flood concepts or rubs or anything like that. Just two guys running flag routes next to each other.

The other thing. Backup OLmen all over the field because of injuries, not his fault. But we go out there and try to catch the defense with cadence with two backups in on the OL? Is that a joke? Of course, Saffold jumped (which is even funnier) but I question the decision making at all.

Bottom line is the Bills offense is still really good. Statistically one of the best. But a lot of times, it feels to me that Josh ends games dragging this team to the finish line after mixed results for the first 3 Q’s. And you know, that’s fine. If that’s the story of the 2022 Bills offense, it’s still pretty good. 

But to me, I don’t think that’s the sum of our parts. I think that’s selling us short. 

As a positive, Knox was infinitely more involved today which was awesome to see and definitely worked. So you know, Dorsey isn’t hopeless. But these are the kind of things that I had hoped would be cleaned up by week 6,

Have to apologize to the OP as I posted the same thing about receiver routes being on top of each other.

I am pretty sure it is not all on Dorsey drawing them up that way, I have to think it is getting the right practice and reps in so players are executing those plays at a higher level. Say what you want about Daboll but he could draw up some fairly complex plays and pre-snap motions and it was rare that you saw miscues.

3 minutes ago, WideNine said:

Have to apologize to the OP as I posted the same thing about receiver routes being on top of each other.

I am pretty sure it is not all on Dorsey drawing them up that way, I have to think it is getting the right practice and reps in so players are executing those plays at a higher level. Say what you want about Daboll but he could draw up some fairly complex plays and pre-snap motions and it was rare that you saw miscues.

an so what do you credit that to?

PS I am NOT a fire Dorsey guy, Lets be very clear on that matter

11 minutes ago, 3rdand12 said:

I feel you are on to something though,

Dorsey will get his footing in time and yes , he and Allen are tight.

But bringing Frank in as O advisor or OC whisperer > Ken Dorsey might be grateful as heck !

I mean who is he leaning on right now ? McD ? A defense expert.
Frank wants to get back to work asap in any capacity ! He would be an asset and not a threat to Ken I am sure.

Genius you are Ganesh !

Buffalo has an embarrassment of riches in the offensive coaching staff

Mike Shula - A graduate of the University of Alabama, he was the school's head football coach from 2003 to 2006. He was the offensive coordinator for the Tampa Bay Buccaneers from 1996 to 1999, the Carolina Panthers from 2013 to 2017, and the New York Giants from 2018 to 2019.

Joe Brady - He previously served as the offensive coordinator for the Carolina Panthers from 2020 to 2021. He was a passing game coordinator and wide receiver coach for the LSU Tigers during the 2019 season, winning the Broyles Award for the best assistant coach in college football

Aaron Kromer - New Orleans Saints (2012) Interim head coach, Chicago Bears (2013–2014) Offensive coordinator

Rob Boras - UNLV (2001–2003) Offensive coordinator & offensive line coach, St. Louis/Los Angeles Rams (2015–2016) Offensive coordinator

All have been OC or higher in the NFL and D1 football. Not trying to bust your balls, but this was a topic before the season.

Too many cooks in the kitchen?

21 hours ago, redtail hawk said:

just wondering, who would people choose to replace dorsey?

There are 4 former NFL OC on the staff. I'm sure Shula/ Boras/ Kromer or Brady wouldlove to be OC for Josh Allen

Ironic two of the names are Shula and Brady!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.