Parking/Stadium Exit Options

JLO

Heading back to Rochester after game tomorrow, first time driving to a game since the 90s. Any tips or tricks on how to get out quickly and get to Thruway 90East is appreciated. GO BILLS!

7 minutes ago, JLO said:

Heading back to Rochester after game tomorrow, first time driving to a game since the 90s. Any tips or tricks on how to get out quickly and get to Thruway 90East is appreciated. GO BILLS!

I would say head east and hit Rt.77... take that north to Pembroke and you are on the 90. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, T&C said:

I would say head east and hit Rt.77... take that north to Pembroke and you are on the 90. 

East on Rte 20? I was thinking Rt 20 to Transit Road north

Park down stream of the main ECC/stadium lots.  If they let out ahead of you from your parking spot, you will sit a while.  Make sure you choose a lot that allows you to make a right turn into the direction you are going.  I would stay clear of the stadium lots.  

• Like (+1) 2

38 minutes ago, JLO said:

Any tips or tricks on how to get out quickly and get to Thruway

This will work every time:

Step 1: Be the absolute last person out of the stadium. If you do this well, it could take a while so having an extra flask is helpful during this step.

Step 2: Stop for a shot and a beer at the Big Tree and then another at Danny's.

Step 3: Head to your car and start cracking postgame celebratory beers. Do not hurry with this step; continue this until security insists you leave.

Step 4: IMPORTANT: When security insists you leave, DO NOT LEAVE. Say you're leaving and when they move away, crack a few more beers until they come back.

Step 5: To avoid potential delays (i.e. arrest, towing, etc) agree to leave the SECOND time that security comes around and threatens you.

Step 6: (This is the step where the plan all comes together.) By this time, surface streets should be relatively clear due to the hour and the dangerous weather. If you get in your truck/car and then really, really stand on it, you can be on I-90 in under 5 minutes!!! It is absolutely the best way to get out and take the least amount of time getting from the stadium to the Thruway.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 4

14 minutes ago, JLO said:

East on Rte 20? I was thinking Rt 20 to Transit Road north

20A to Rt. 77, then head north to Pembroke... traffic will be light once you get a few miles away from the stadium and you are also moving Away from the heaviest snow totals.

23 minutes ago, Simon said:

This will work every time:

Step 1: Be the absolute last person out of the stadium. If you do this well, it could take a while so having an extra flask is helpful during this step.

Step 2: Stop for a shot and a beer at the Big Tree and then another at Danny's.

Step 3: Head to your car and start cracking postgame celebratory beers. Do not hurry with this step; continue this until security insists you leave.

Step 4: IMPORTANT: When security insists you leave, DO NOT LEAVE. Say you're leaving and when they move away, crack a few more beers until they come back.

Step 5: To avoid potential delays (i.e. arrest, towing, etc) agree to leave the SECOND time that security comes around and threatens you.

Step 6: (This is the step where the plan all comes together.) By this time, surface streets should be relatively clear due to the hour and the dangerous weather. If you get in your truck/car and then really, really stand on it, you can be on I-90 in under 5 minutes!!! It is absolutely the best way to get out and take the least amount of time getting from the stadium to the Thruway.

C’mon man. People have church in the morning!!

• Haha (+1) 2

1 hour ago, JLO said:

Do you mind walking about a mile to the stadium?  Park at Team Pro Auto Care Center, 3707 Southwestern Blvd. Since it's at the eastbound end of Southwestern, away from the stadium, you'll be way past the gridlock and will only have to deal with the traffic leaving the stadium.  If you stay on Southwestern it will merge with Transit Rd and you can take that to Exit 49. That will bypass most of the crush on the I-90.

Edited by PromoTheRobot
  • Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Do you mind walking about a mile to the stadium?  Park at Team Pro Auto Care Center, 3707 Southwestern Blvd. Since it's at the eastbound end of Southwestern, away from the stadium, you'll be way past the gridlock and will only have to deal with the traffic leaving the stadium.  If you stay on Southwestern it will merge with Transit Rd and you can take that to Exit 49. That will bypass most of the crush on the I-90.

This.  Coming from an OP local.  This will be your best bet tomorrow.  Traffic getting out of there is going to be a nightmare in the snow. 

From ROC: I prioritize not getting stuck in a giant stadium lot until 1am.  private park $20 Webster + Abott. Has porta John. You do have to walk a bit but you won’t get stuck in any traffic or giant lot. 

Milestrip 179E, 219N…

Dropped pin Webster Rd parking 
https://maps.app.goo.gl/81oRV6cTx1XLhoiS6?g_st=ic

Edited by Since1981
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, T&C said:

That's the way I usually go, but I don't wanna go through them hills between EA and 77. Might head north to 33 and take that into Corfu, then 77 to the 90.

Always park in lot 1. Takes awhile to get out of, but most lots do. I plan on taking 20A to East Aurora and then take Two Rod Rd north to 33 East into Corfu. Then North on 77 to the Thruway.

Edited by Bubba Gump

I am a big fan of the individuals offering parking on their lawns on the south side of 20A, just east of the stadium.  It's very easy to get out - just a right turn onto 20A and there aren't a ton of lights.  East of Orchard Park, you can then link up to a number of options that will take you north to the Thruway.

Edited by sullim4

31 minutes ago, sullim4 said:

I am a big fan of the individuals offering parking on their lawns on the south side of 20A, just east of the stadium.  It's very easy to get out - just a right turn onto 20A and there aren't a ton of lights.  East of Orchard Park, you can then link up to a number of options that will take you north to the Thruway.

This is what we usually do as well, and we come from Rochester like the OP. The game changer was when they made 20A one-way postgame a few years ago. In better weather/daylight we’ll take 20A as far as Geneseo (and it’s a gorgeous drive).

But there’s a ton of options to hang a louie off 20A and head north to the thruway. The 219, N. Buffalo St, Transit, 77, you can go as far east as your comfort level and drivetrain will take you. 

Edited by jimmy10

4 minutes ago, Sherman said:

Park in the California Rd lots. They sit between 20A and the other major roadway. You essentially drive through a couple Orchard Park neighborhoods and bypass all the stadium traffic. The walk to and from the stadium from those lots will be fun though. 

But how do you get across Southwestern or Big Tree? Doesn't California get shut down?

56 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

But how do you get across Southwestern or Big Tree? Doesn't California get shut down?

Take Taylor Rd from the town of Orchard Park. You go through a few neighborhoods but no traffic. It's about a 15 minute walk from the lot to the stadium 

Edited by Sherman
Sorry. Take Taylor to Ellis then a right on California.

We park on Abbott about 1/2 mile from the stadium. By the time we get to the car, no problem getting out

10 hours ago, Since1981 said:

private park $20 Webster + Abott

you can thank me from your warm Rochester bed at 2am. 

He's right. We park at Kettles.

13 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

This is a great suggestion, especially in blizzard conditions. ;) 

• Haha (+1) 2

13 hours ago, Chicharito said:

Don’t park in the bills lot 4. Tennessee game I got home at 3am. Because buses and limos go first then the cars. I only live 20 miles or so from the stadium 

That’s ridiculous. Why would they let buses out before vehicles?! I park on Sheldon Road when I go but I’m coming from Jamestown. 

Back in the day we came from Rochester and parked in that big lot on California Road and hike down to the creekbed and back up to the stadium lot.  That was before the tragedy that occurred about ten years ago that forced the Bills to put up a big fence blocking access.  But we had the route down to a science.  Take 90 to the 219, get off at Mile Strip going EAST (not west like everyone else), hang the first right at Mid-County Drive, hang another right onto 20, then left on California, boom.  And just five bucks to park.  Getting out of the stadium, just reverse your tracks.  Once we figured that out, we never sat in traffic again.  And our group was forbidden to share the secret under penalty of death (things were different in the pre-GPS days, lol).  I don't know if people still park in that lot anymore but if they do they have to walk all the way up California to get to the stadium lot entrances, so it's not worth it anymore -- and perhaps not coincidentally, I rarely ever go these days, so I can finally share the secret.

11 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

That's why I asked. Can't have both. Want to park close? You're stuck for a good long time.

Promo, your advice to the OP was kind and sound. I was only being a clown. 

What struck me as funny was the thought of me walking a mile in a blizzarrd at my age. :) 

3 hours ago, Bill from NYC said:

Promo, your advice to the OP was kind and sound. I was only being a clown. 

What struck me as funny was the thought of me walking a mile in a blizzarrd at my age. :) 

I'm probably your age too and I've done it. Not in a blizzard of course. But it's a slog. Then again almost anywhere you park at Gillette Stadium you are walking a mile unless you pay $80 for premium parking.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

On 12/17/2022 at 10:14 AM, Bill from NYC said:

This is a great suggestion, especially in blizzard conditions. ;) 

In all honesty I wish I parked where I wanted to a mile away instead of a lot on southwestern. Took almost 2 hours to get out and another hour and half to get home. My friend that parked where I always do got out and home in 45. 

• Like (+1) 1

On 12/16/2022 at 11:08 PM, Since1981 said:

private park $20 Webster + Abott

you can thank me from your warm Rochester bed at 2am. 

Thanks! Pulled in my driveway at 2:30am but that lot worked out best as people I wanted to tailgate with were along the walk to the stadium (Prohibition Lot)

Edited by JLO

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.