Bills Practiced outside Wednesday

Buffalo716

8 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Was it Dick Jauron who always practiced inside to focus on execution? 

Then we'd get outside on Sunday and score 6 points.

Yup! Drove me insane every time. And it felt like after every loss, he started his postgame presser with, “We had a great week of practice.”  Took me years to get over that and realize that yes, practice does actually matter, but only if you know what you’re doing. 

• Haha (+1) 1

10 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

To prepare for the game Saturday night and expect to practice outside today as well

This is a preparation that has always benefited buffalo 

I expect a very disciplined team Saturday night 

Practicing in the snow = being disciplined = ???

Fuzzy math?

• Haha (+1) 1

9 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Was it Dick Jauron who always practiced inside to focus on execution? 

Then we'd get outside on Sunday and score 6 points.

Well he was eventually executed

8 minutes ago, Logic said:

Yeah, but do they have THIS guy prowling the sidlines?!

Fj-PS1hXkAAHcTH-1024x576.jpg

Advantage Dolphins.

He's kinda an odd duck

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

16 minutes ago, Logic said:

Yeah, but do they have THIS guy prowling the sidlines?!

Fj-PS1hXkAAHcTH-1024x576.jpg

Advantage Dolphins.

Lol did he have that shirt custom printed for this situation?  That is cringey.  Can’t wait to see how the league remembers this guy…seems like the offense is in danger of getting figured out and the defense took a huge step backwards since flores left 

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

Lol did he have that shirt custom printed for this situation?  That is cringey.  Can’t wait to see how the league remembers this guy…seems like the offense is in danger of getting figured out and the defense took a huge step backwards since flores left 

I think if he was the coach of the Bills, I might take a hiatus from football until he was gone.

4 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

As someone else pointed out on social media...

As long as the Dolphins are winning, then McDaniel's whole schtick is cute and everyone loves him. If they start losing, though, he's in danger of going from "cool" to "corny" real quick. Then his act gets old fast. It's a Rex Ryan type situation.

• Agree 2

11 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

To prepare for the game Saturday night and expect to practice outside today as well

SMART

11 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

@Buffalo716, what's your "take" on the gloves vs bare hands thing a couple players have mentioned?

I know the WR like to wear gloves because in good conditions, the gloves make a huge difference to their ability to catch the ball.  I understand they're typically a silicon polymer which gives about 20% more adhesion vs a bare hand.

However, I've heard that the gloves actually becomes slippery when they're soaked, and interfere with catching the ball.  When our receivers were struggling to catch last game, I wondered if the coaches should have insisted they take the gloves off.

Are there different gloves which work better in wet, cold weather?  Neoprene?

(for those unfamiliar, here's the background: https://www.nytimes.com/2019/01/20/sports/super-bowl-nfl-gloves.html)

21 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

God, he really seems to enjoy wearing his cheesy yellow gold Breitling Navitimer.

Give that thing a rest already.

My problem every time I look at the guy is, I remember the interview where he said with the 49ers, he didn't used to shower until Wednesday.  So I look at him and wonder if he stinks (literally)

Edited by Beck Water

40 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Not unless the game that week is going to be in similar conditions. They should practice in preparation for the upcoming game conditions. 

Yeah, that's fair. What a lot of people who haven't lived in a cold climate don't realize about the impact of the environment, is that it's not actually a physical problem, but a mental one. These guys can still physically perform the same in the cold, but when it's something new to you, you're constantly thinking about it in your head, and that takes away from the focus of just going through the motions as you normally would. People who live and operate in such an environment go about their business without thinking "holy ***** it's so cold" every 30 seconds when they're out in it.

I'd be curious to see just how often teams actually practice in cold weather outside vs their performance during that time of year. Wouldn't be the easiest study to quantify, but I bet there'd be a positive connection.

Anyways, if we get the 1 seed, those dudes need to be living outside during the Bye week.

• Like (+1) 2

12 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

I know the WR like to wear gloves because in good conditions, the gloves make a huge difference to their ability to catch the ball.  I understand they're typically a silicon polymer which gives about 20% more adhesion vs a bare hand.

However, I've heard that the gloves actually becomes slippery when they're soaked, and interfere with catching the ball.  When our receivers were struggling to catch last game, I wondered if the coaches should have insisted they take the gloves off.

Are there different gloves which work better in wet, cold weather?  Neoprene?

Read this OLD article if available thru Buffalo News Pay Gate on glass cutter gloves Flutie brought from Canada which helps in cold weather:

https://buffalonews.com/news/flutie-has-a-handle-on-sub-zero-conditions/article_d50b1cb5-e766-5f96-bdf3-f84af12c4c94.html

Flutie only used the gloves twice in CFL games played in sub-zero weather. NIKE has come out with its version of Sandusky's invention. Flutie said Denver Broncos receiver Ed McCaffery is one NFL receiver he knowswho uses the glove.

4 minutes ago, SUNY_amherst said:

Doug Flutie now THAT's a QB who could play in the snow

We didn't have to move games to Detroit for him

Game was moved to Detroit because police and other emergency people were occupied dealing with the weather NOT that the Bills could not deal with the snow.  It actually was more work for them to play in Detroit.

And I was told that reason why Flutie could play in snow games at the Ralph is due to the design of the stadium winds go horizontally and at less than 6' in height he was below the cold breeze.

14 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

Game was moved to Detroit because police and other emergency people were occupied dealing with the weather NOT that the Bills could not deal with the snow.  It actually was more work for them to play in Detroit.

And I was told that reason why Flutie could play in snow games at the Ralph is due to the design of the stadium winds go horizontally and at less than 6' in height he was below the cold breeze.

Flutie wasn’t just below the cold breeze, he was below the snow itself.  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.