Bills Practiced outside Wednesday

Buffalo716

3 hours ago, LabattBlue said:

Practicing in the snow = being disciplined = ???

Fuzzy math?

It’s preparation that cannot be Attained any other way than  practicing outside in Buffalo

A highly prepared team is usually highly disciplined

There’s no math involved that’s football… A Team that’s not prepared is usually sloppy

Edited by Buffalo716

3 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

In fairness it was for Dick. 

Why are you calling him a dick????

😁

2 hours ago, Beck Water said:

@Buffalo716, what's your "take" on the gloves vs bare hands thing a couple players have mentioned?

I know the WR like to wear gloves because in good conditions, the gloves make a huge difference to their ability to catch the ball.  I understand they're typically a silicon polymer which gives about 20% more adhesion vs a bare hand.

However, I've heard that the gloves actually becomes slippery when they're soaked, and interfere with catching the ball.  When our receivers were struggling to catch last game, I wondered if the coaches should have insisted they take the gloves off.

Are there different gloves which work better in wet, cold weather?  Neoprene?

(for those unfamiliar, here's the background: https://www.nytimes.com/2019/01/20/sports/super-bowl-nfl-gloves.html)

My problem every time I look at the guy is, I remember the interview where he said with the 49ers, he didn't used to shower until Wednesday.  So I look at him and wonder if he stinks (literally)

Modern WR gloves are amazing … I mean I don’t understand how some players drop balls

Like if you put on a brand new pair of Nike vapor jet 7.0… You would feel like Calvin Johnson

But yes water doesn’t usually react good with them… Usually when the rain comes out the gloves come off

Because it loses the tack

3 hours ago, Logic said:

As someone else pointed out on social media...

As long as the Dolphins are winning, then McDaniel's whole schtick is cute and everyone loves him. If they start losing, though, he's in danger of going from "cool" to "corny" real quick. Then his act gets old fast. It's a Rex Ryan type situation.

And it already almost happened with the disingenuous greasy way he handled the whole Tua concussion situation - he was so lucky to somehow get out from under that.  His whole schtick wore out on me pretty quick before the season even started - esp w/ the way the media was lapping it up.

8 minutes ago, stevewin said:

And it already almost happened with the disingenuous greasy way he handled the whole Tua concussion situation - he was so lucky to somehow get out from under that.  His whole schtick wore out on me pretty quick before the season even started - esp w/ the way the media was lapping it up.

My "bull#### detector" has been going off with McDaniel ever since I saw that filmed cell phone conversation with Tua from when he was hired.

I'll believe that his coaching style and demeanor are sustainable when I see it. Until then, I'm leery, and like I said, I suspect his schtick will get old fast if and when the team starts losing football games.

• Agree 2

40 minutes ago, Logic said:

My "bull#### detector" has been going off with McDaniel ever since I saw that filmed cell phone conversation with Tua from when he was hired.

I'll believe that his coaching style and demeanor are sustainable when I see it. Until then, I'm leery, and like I said, I suspect his schtick will get old fast if and when the team starts losing football games.

I forget where I read it, but apparently McDaniel's effort were where his mouth was in that PR stunt corny phone call.

Google helped me on this one

McDaniel, in a story first detailed by NFL on CBS during its broadcast of the Dolphins’ 30-15 win against the Houston Texans on Sunday, pieced together 700 plays to make a confidence-instilling highlight reel for his new quarterback. There was a reason Tagovailoa was the No. 5 pick in the 2020 NFL Draft and McDaniel wanted to make sure the 24-year-old remembered how good he is.

So I'll give the guy props that he didn't just do a goofy PR stunt call, he (or an assistant) actually put some time and effort into convincing Tua that he actually had his back and was going to put some muscle into figuring out what Tua did well and setting up an offense to do it.

50 minutes ago, stevewin said:

The media wants Miami to be a great team, and what fans they have are just lapping up the wins.

It's the Bills job to put a stake in it for this year, on Saturday.

1 hour ago, Buffalo716 said:

Modern WR gloves are amazing … I mean I don’t understand how some players drop balls

Like if you put on a brand new pair of Nike vapor jet 7.0… You would feel like Calvin Johnson

But yes water doesn’t usually react good with them… Usually when the rain comes out the gloves come off

Because it loses the tack

So why were our guys trying to catch with gloves on, last Sunday in the rain?  Shouldn't someone, one of the coaches maybe, put the kibosh on that: 'you guys are dropping balls like a 13 year old dropping F bombs, Take Those Things Off"?  Or are there different types of gloves, and maybe a type that works better in rain?

Edited by Beck Water
  • Agree 1

8 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

I forget where I read it, but apparently McDaniel's effort were where his mouth was in that PR stunt corny phone call.

Google helped me on this one

So I'll give the guy props that he didn't just do a goofy PR stunt call, he (or an assistant) actually put some time and effort into convincing Tua that he actually had his back and was going to put some muscle into figuring out what Tua did well and setting up an offense to do it.

The media wants Miami to be a great team, and what fans they have are just lapping up the wins.

It's the Bills job to put a stake in it for this year, on Saturday.

So why were our guys trying to catch with gloves on, last Sunday in the rain?  Shouldn't someone, one of the coaches maybe, put the kibosh on that: 'you guys are dropping balls like a 13 year old dropping F bombs, Take Those Things Off"?  Or are there different types of gloves, and maybe a type that works better in rain?

There are some specific rain gloves…. Tho I’ve never worn them so I can’t say how they are

Typically coaches want you to play how you practice

So if you practice with gloves… They’ll typically tell you to play with gloves unless they are really hurting you

And if you never practice with gloves… You probably won’t be trotting out there on game day with them

• Like (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

There are some specific rain gloves…. Tho I’ve never worn them so I can’t say how they are

Typically coaches want you to play how you practice

So if you practice with gloves… They’ll typically tell you to play with gloves unless they are really hurting you

And if you never practice with gloves… You probably won’t be trotting out there on game day with them

If the gloves do get slippery in the rain - maybe part of a good preparation should be, the coaches have the WR do some wet ball drills with wet gloves and then without gloves and decide which is working better for them. 

6 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

If the gloves do get slippery in the rain - maybe part of a good preparation should be, the coaches have the WR do some wet ball drills with wet gloves and then without gloves and decide which is working better for them. 

I believe that is the type of preparation that they absolutely do

• Like (+1) 1

53 minutes ago, buffaloboyinATL said:

I heard the Dolphins lowered the air conditioning as low as it would go (60's) and Tua once played in the snows of Alabama, so it is about even.  

Mijami has lots of snow.  I am sure practice area has snow every day whether they are going to play warm or cold weather team and twice as much bye weeks.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.