Week 15: Dolphins at Bills on Saturday Night Football

YoloinOhio

25 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

I've been pretty lethargic and comatose since last Saturday due to the flu but am finally feeling like myself again and I have to say, this game feels like it's gonna be one of those good ones for us.  Like Pats in the playoffs good.

Maybe the drugs are still working but who cares! 

Not the flu but I have a nasty head cold. Tomorrow tonight might be hazy. Beer should help and then not help 😂

1 minute ago, The Wiz said:

only guess is related to incentives.

I think it’s because he’s getting old. Probably don’t want to risk a dumb injury in practice. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Big Turk said:

Haha, she has no interest in football at all and says "it's so boring!", despite my best attempts at explaining it to her and having her watch with me...

It's more of a thing she just needles me with because she knows I hate the Patriots 🤣

I feel your pain.  I, too, failed to develop any interest in football in my kid. 😅  But she would NEVER joke about the Bills losing to the Patriots in my hearing.

Sal Tweeted:

If this latest forecast is accurate, the Bills-Dolphins game should be pushed to Sunday night. It's beyond stupid to me for 70,000 people to be trying to get to and from the stadium in a raging storm, then dealing with shoveling their cars out in the lots after the game ends.

1 minute ago, The Wiz said:

I’m glad they loved it. Unfortunately my only experience there was pretty terrible mostly because the server was horrible. Wings were good though. 

2 minutes ago, stevestojan said:

Sal Tweeted:

If this latest forecast is accurate, the Bills-Dolphins game should be pushed to Sunday night. It's beyond stupid to me for 70,000 people to be trying to get to and from the stadium in a raging storm, then dealing with shoveling their cars out in the lots after the game ends.

Oh for the love of Pete Sampras. They can’t reschedule this for a small storm. 

3 minutes ago, stevestojan said:

Sal Tweeted:

Embarrassing someone who is from WNY would be that scared of 1-2' of snow. Dude should move to Florida

Edited by Big Turk

4 minutes ago, stevestojan said:

Sal Tweeted:

Sal Maiorana.  Not Sal C.  Not sure if you're trying to throw shade at Sal C. or not but at least include the tweet.

Edited by The Wiz
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, stevestojan said:

Sal Tweeted:

Screen Shot 2022-12-16 at 6.05.10 PM.png

• Like (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, EasternOHBillsFan said:

24 hours to kickoff in what will be the second biggest game left in the regular season...

My take:

- Jeff Wilson, Jr. will be limited or a no go because a hip in the cold will be a problem

- Waddle was the main target in the first matchup and will probably be again, so the #1 key to the game will be stopping him.

- Conditions like tomorrow night will force Dorsey to call more running plays, and we are a far better running team than the pundits give us credit for because Dorsey doesn't stick to it.

- The progress of Cook will be not as evident because Singletary seems to get better as the season goes on. Cook's lack of experience in these conditions will probably limit his touches unless we are blowing them out.

- Josh must channel whatever he had going in the playoff game vs. the Cheatriots last season and unleash THAT Josh despite the lingering elbow issues.

- We must stop the bleeding on injuries that have forced our team to scrap and claw for every single inch... can we get some good injury luck for a change????

We just simply need to play fairly well. We are the better team. We SHOULD win handily.

• Thank you (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

where does this dude live? 2 feet of snow to Buffalo people is like a dollar to a millionaire. 

Rochester is my guess. He works for D and C.

I see grass right now looking out my window so he just doesn't want to deal with the snow coming.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Ya Digg? said:

He was locked in at the airport?!?! Oh man, what are the Bills ever going to do? They’re doomed I tell you, doooooooooooomed!!!!!

I bet he was still freezing his nuts off from the walk from the plane to the bus and that’s why he looked like that. 

I can’t believe the bellyaching over a couple feet of snow. Even people on here acting like this isn’t something we don’t handle multiple times every year. I tend to like Sal M’s takes but this one is horrendous. It’s Buffalo. We get snow. We play football in the snow. Now STFU.

I’m more interested in what the Fin’s McD is going to do for a gameplan. How’s he going to adjust to 2 games of being out coached? Their scheme has to adjust a bit so what are they going to do? I suspect they are going to commit to the run more and try and hit the short passes to open up their bread and butter intermediate middle routes.

If I’m the Bills, I run our standard zone D most of the time mixed in with some press man on third down. I’d drop Edmunds a little deeper to cover that intermediate middle route. We absolutely need to shut down their run game - with our Zone D variations I think our front 4 with Milano/Johnson and run fits by Poyer should bottle that up. They will hit short passes against the zone so need to TACKLE which has been very lacking after a few good games at the season’s start.

I think it’s imperative to stop the run, rally to tackle the short passes, and force Tua by scheme to try and hit Middle-deep outs. I don’t think he has the arm to do it especially in the wind/snow

• Agree 1

4 minutes ago, RunTheBall said:

I can’t believe the bellyaching over a couple feet of snow. Even people on here acting like this isn’t something we don’t handle multiple times every year. I tend to like Sal M’s takes but this one is horrendous. It’s Buffalo. We get snow. We play football in the snow. Now STFU.

I’m more interested in what the Fin’s McD is going to do for a gameplan. How’s he going to adjust to 2 games of being out coached? Their scheme has to adjust a bit so what are they going to do? I suspect they are going to commit to the run more and try and hit the short passes to open up their bread and butter intermediate middle routes.

If I’m the Bills, I run our standard zone D most of the time mixed in with some press man on third down. I’d drop Edmunds a little deeper to cover that intermediate middle route. We absolutely need to shut down their run game - with our Zone D variations I think our front 4 with Milano/Johnson and run fits by Poyer should bottle that up. They will hit short passes against the zone so need to TACKLE which has been very lacking after a few good games at the season’s start.

I think it’s imperative to stop the run, rally to tackle the short passes, and force Tua by scheme to try and hit Middle-deep outs. I don’t think he has the arm to do it especially in the wind/snow

Sal is bitching because he knows he won’t get home until 4 in the morning and the drive will be hellish.  The D&C probably won’t even pay for him to stay over. 

I went to Gabriel’s Gate for the first time this past summer.  I wasn’t impressed.  I’d rate flavor of the sauce a 7.5, the size the wing an 8.5 and texture of the wing an 8-  they were “good”, but I wouldn’t go back for their wings if I were in town. 

although I would go back for their French Onion Soup.  I’d give that a 9.5.  

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, The Wiz said:

Sal Maiorana.  Not Sal C.  Not sure if you're trying to throw shade at Sal C. or not but at least include the tweet.

I'm just bringing some pillows I'd bought for just such an occasion in case we gotta' sleep there and drive home in the am.........wouldn't be the first time.   None of us in our bus have to work Sunday so not a big deal. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

55 minutes ago, BRH said:

Welp. 

Um.  Why would Tua be walking by the TSA station?  Perhaps the Demon has possessed him and is leading him astray?

Pretty sure all the NFL teams Charter planes, and the Charter planes arrive and depart from the Charter terminal.  They do have screeners there now-a-days, but pretty sure the screeners arrive and set up shop when a charter is scheduled to depart.

I Call Shenanigans.  I mean, in theory, it's possible, but even if it happened I doubt that guy has seen that many players.

Also Color Me Surprised that a guy with a twitter handle @EliteTua thinks the other team doesn't have a chance against him.

Edited by Beck Water
  • Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

Um.  Why would Tua be walking by the TSA station?  Perhaps the Demon has possessed him and is leading him astray?

Pretty sure all the NFL teams Charter planes, and the Charter planes arrive and depart from the Charter terminal.  They do have screeners there now-a-days, but pretty sure the screeners arrive and set up shop when a charter is scheduled to depart.

I Call Shenanigans.

Also Color Me Surprised that a guy with a twitter handle @EliteTua thinks the other team doesn't have a chance against him.

oh of course it’s total BS.  The thing is, a lot of Dolphins fans will believe it.  That’s what makes it funnier. 

1 hour ago, BRH said:

Welp. 

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/35253737/nfl-week-15-game-picks-schedule-guide-fantasy-football-tips-odds-injuries-stats-know#miabuf

"Bold prediction: Despite the weather, the Dolphins will win. Tua Tagovailoa has yet to win -- or play well in -- a game where temperatures are under 50 degrees. That all changes Saturday as the Dolphins' laissez-faire attitude toward the snow pays off as Tua throws two touchdowns in a critical division victory. -- Marcel Louis-Jacques"

• Shocked 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.