Week 15: Dolphins at Bills on Saturday Night Football

YoloinOhio

6 minutes ago, zow2 said:

There's no excuse this weekend. None.  Buffalo has every advantage in the cold/snow/windy weather over this version of the Dolphins.  This is a must win.

The Fins were already going to get their ass handed to them before the weather, this pretty much ensures it.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, JerseyBills said:

Stopping Mia favorite concept- 

Get this to McD and Frazier. 

I'm kidding,  i already told em. they're on it.

In exchange McDermott gave me clapping tips and how to execute the perfect clap. He really is a master clapper.🤣

But that's some beautiful execution and preparation by The Chargers and especially in the elements on Sat night, I don't believe Tua has the arm strength to hit the out routes. Flood the middle all day

This is a fantastic explanation describing how Chargers defended Fins against their "go to" play they use the most and defended quite well to the point Tua and co. struggled adjusting to. 

And we can probably expect Frazier to implement a little something similar into Bills D plan here and there.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

5 minutes ago, Greg S said:

Poor Miami. They are actually going to have to play most of our starters this time. Watching noodle arm try to throw in the snow and wind will provide some comedy as well.

I am wondering if Tua's forward pass attempts will turn into laterals in a 30mph winds...

• Haha (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, zow2 said:

There's no excuse this weekend. None.  Buffalo has every advantage in the cold/snow/windy weather over this version of the Dolphins.  This is a must win.

The Bills have the better team. The Dolphins have the fastest player in the NFL. Get er done. Definitely a must win. 

It's been a crazy week to be a Bills fan.

1.  Bills win in slug fest with those feisty NYJ for 4th straight win

2. Press Corp uses their post game platform to question whether the offense is playoff caliber

3. Bills Mafia across here, twitter, and facebook act like someone just died.

4. Miami loses again ceding their claim on the AFCE title.. Tua questions abound... Tyrek is sporting an owie.. 

5. Bills sign Beasley back to potentially help with slot production

6. Lake effect snow predictions begin to surface

7. Bills Mafia again goes on social media platforms to question the Beasley decision, opening up old wounds about his last year in Buffalo

8. All red uniforms surface again 

9. Oliver pops up on injury chart

10...  And it's only Wednesday...

14 minutes ago, zow2 said:

This point of the season each of these last few games are must wins as far as locking up Home Field throughout....that said I feel pretty confident Bills players/staff have a fresh memory of how the last game went when these 2 met each other.

Bills will be ready and eager to even the score

7 minutes ago, wjag said:

2. Press Corp uses their post game platform to question whether the offense is playoff caliber

4. Miami loses again ceding their claim on the AFCE title.. Tua questions abound... Tyrek is sporting an owie.. 

7. Bills Mafia again goes on social media platforms to question the Beasley decision, opening up old wounds about his last year in Buffalo

Let's talk about Tremaine Edmunds for a moment...

• Haha (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, wjag said:

Yeah it's been pretty interesting for sure.....

Regarding the statement in bold, there are some that have different feeling/opinions about Bease returning.....however imo this is or may turn out to be a BIG move impacting the offense for the better. Or maybe a bigger move than some are expecting it to be.

Speaking for myself, it's fairly clear that there's a little bit of a drop in confidence in some of the WRs outside Diggs. And with the signing of Beasley returning I believe the chemistry between he and Allen will not have lost a step. 

That's the main advantage of this, he knows this offense and knows Allen and I think this will take away some of the pressure off Diggs for sure

Edited by Patrick Duffy

35 minutes ago, wjag said:

2. Press Corp Jerry Sullivan uses their his post game platform to question whether state that the offense is not playoff caliber

Fixed #2 for ya.

• Thank you (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

this assumes that we can actually run the ball, and stop the run. Color me nervous about that. 

Allen can still throw the ball.  

Miami is one of the worst running teams in the NFL at under 90 yards a game, the Bills are one of the best rushing teams in the NFL(8th) and ahead of noted running teams such at the 49ers, Raiders(Jacobs leads the NFL in rushing) and Titans. They are also the only team in the NFL to have 100+ yards rushing in every game this season.  Bills are 4th in the NFL in run defense allowing under 100 yards a game.

All this to say...these fears are not only irrational but will likely be unfounded.

Edited by Big Turk
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

Miami is one of the worst running teams in the NFL at under 90 yards a game, the Bills are one of the best rushing teams in the NFL(8th) and ahead of noted running teams such at the 49ers, Raiders(Jacobs leads the NFL in rushing) and Titans. They are also the only team in the NFL to have 100+ yards rushing in every game this season.  Bills are 4th in the NFL in run defense allowing under 100 yards a game.

All this to say...these fears are not only irrational but will likely be unfounded.

Sure tackling will be a MUST Saturday night!! No weather excuses!! 

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

Who’s our leading rusher ? These stats are a bit misleading / bc Josh is super man for our Off. our OL and rbs are average to subpar. That’s why Dorsey throws in late game situations. We get blown up too much in obvi running situations 

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, balln said:

Who’s our leading rusher ? These stats are a bit misleading / bc Josh is super man for our Off. our OL and rbs are average to subpar. That’s why Dorsey throws in late game situations. We get blown up too much in obvi running situations 

Devin Singletary. And Josh is one of the best short yardage runners in the league. The past several weeks have really shown us we have the ability to run the football. We changed some schemes and found go-to concepts to "fix" the run game. I have no concerns about being able to run the football this week, or any other week when we decide thats what is best to win. 

4 minutes ago, Toledo Bill said:

All the more reason we need Milano to play.

Milano actually has an atrocious tackle rate this season for the record, he's above 15% missed tackles. But yes, we do need him to play for all the he brings, and there is no doubt that he will play. 

Joe Marino on Locked on Bills today broke down our missed tackles numbers..the only guys who had good numbers in the tackling department are Tremaine, Ed and Shaq. (Poyer he gives a pass to for playing with 1 arm).

Edited by PaattMaann
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, PaattMaann said:

Devin Singletary. And Josh is one of the best short yardage runners in the league. The past several weeks have really shown us we have the ability to run the football. We changed some schemes and found go-to concepts to "fix" the run game. I have no concerns about being able to run the football this week, or any other week when we decide thats what is best to win. 

Devin has 14 more yards on 50 more attempts than Josh. 

No matter the weather I expect the Bills to be better.  Cease the drops. Take advantage of the check downs.  A bigger game from Knox.  Execute the basics on both sides of the football.  This will be a statement game for them to the AFC East and the rest of the conference.  

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, balln said:

Devin has 14 more yards on 50 more attempts than Josh. 

You asked a question and I answered it. He is our leading rusher. 

If you cannot examine the run game in context of the season, I don't know what to tell you. If you watched the first 8 weeks and then compare it to the run game since, its a world of difference. 

15 minutes ago, balln said:

Singletary actually at 642 yards, 4.4 YPC.  Bills are 4th in the NFL in YPC at 5.0.  The "we can't run" angle is way overblown and has shown to be false. It's far more we would rather throw the ball than it is we can't run it.

And Fins blitz a ton which forces man coverage and their backs to be turned to the QB which will open up huge running lanes for Allen most likely.  If the Fins choose to play D like they did against the Chargers, Allen will have 150 yards rushing Saturday.

Bills are 9th in Power Success Rate at 73%

Edited by Big Turk
  • Like (+1) 1

Am I the only one on this board who is a bit concerned about Justin Zimmer?

Not because he's a game-changing player - he's only played 10-20% of the snaps for the Dolphins in the last 3 games, he's now on injury report with a back injury.

But because he's said to be a "student of the game" and a very intelligent player who, having been on the Bills practice squad this season and started for them last season, is probably well positioned to give the Dolphins a lot of inside info on play calls, both offensively and defensively.

I hope the Bills are planning to change things up as best they can on a short week.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

Not because he's a game-changing player - he's only played 10-20% of the snaps for the Dolphins in the last 3 games, he's now on injury report with a back injury.

But because he's said to be a "student of the game" and a very intelligent player who, having been on the Bills practice squad this season and started for them last season, is probably well positioned to give the Dolphins a lot of inside info on play calls, both offensively and defensively.

I hope the Bills are planning to change things up as best they can on a short week.

No.  The Bills are a far better team than the Dolphins are and they will show it.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

Nah. If he was a lunchpail type of guy I might be a bit worried.

But really if we're worried about depth tackles I'd probably say we're manufacturing worry for no reason. He's no lawyer milloy

3 minutes ago, balln said:

Normally majority of teams get blown up when in obvious run situation.   As for the Rb's, they have been quite well as of recent so I don't agree with your Dorsey statement.

Dorsey calls pass and run plays in late game situations. It depends on the situation and what it calls for of said games

1 hour ago, The Wiz said:

This guy stole my stats from my post yesterday.  OK which one of you guys is Sneaky Joe?

Tua had 3 INTs in his only cold weather game in Buffalo.  Saturday will be by far, the worst weather he has ever seen.

It hasn't been discussed much around here, but Josh (and the Bills) have taken turnovers that were high earlier in the season, and cut

them WAY down.  If they do that again Saturday, I could see this being a big win.

My "nice to see" prediction is a Tre White INT.  It's going to fire him up.

• Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

Lol, well not sure if you're the only one or not, but I don't suspect very many others at all accompanying you feeling concerned of J. Zimmer....

I don't see a whole heck of a lot of info he could provide that Fins probably don't already know since these teams are familiar with one another. So nah, I'm not really worried about anything Justin Zimmer. Like not even a slight bit.

I would have more concern that Josh Allen's ball sack is safe from the eager, sexual assaulting hands of Wilkins

Edited by Patrick Duffy
  • Haha (+1) 1

35 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

I hope you are right. But those stats are a little misleading. Can’t bank on Allen scrambling a lot in a snow game. We are going to need good running from our running backs. And I can’t imagine our stats are very good on rushing yards out of the RB position. 

That said, I saw what we were capable of two games ago— just need to go back to that and punch these guys in the mouths. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.