If the offense keeps struggling does Dorsey get fired ?

BuffaloBills1998

I honestly think that this team has its sights set on winning a Super Bowl this year and that’s it. 

What I’m hoping is that like last year when we saved our best plays/formations for the playoffs, we’re just establishing tendencies and playing as vanilla as we can and still win so we can dominate in the post-season. 

There are obvious holes in this theory but it seems to me at least, when we REALLY need a drive, we break out some of the cool toys, score, then put them quietly back in their box, nice and safe for playoff time. 

GO BILLS!

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Just curious...if that ball was intercepted, what would you be saying today?

Silly question.  Knox was wide open.  If he had been tightly covered, I trust Josh to have just kept the ball.  I haven't seen a reply, but I think Josh could have run for at least a few yards there.  If they ran a dive into the the line and Singletary fumbled, what would you be saying today? 

11 minutes ago, YattaOkasan said:

Now with your other post I think you need to weigh the risk of punting in that weather.  Considering we had one blocked already that game and Josh has been fine on designed roll outs I think the risk of the punt may have been the worry versus the risk of a TO and or them moving the ball on us after the punt (pretty much 0% with our without a TO).

Lastly, I dont think McD said everything was fine with the kick after 13 seconds.  I though he very quickly said there was a miscommunication on that and he took fault.  This play sounded like no miscommunication (the lead up to these two plays was very different, OMG we scored a TD what we do vs we wanna take a shot after we get the ball)

I'm a lot more comfortable punting than I am turning the ball over.  We have more turnovers from Josh against the Jets than we do blocked punts.  The blocked punt earlier was helped by being backed up against the endzone too, not punting from the open field.  I think if you did the math on the odds of a punt being blocked vs the odds a QB turns the ball over via fumble or INT it will prove punting is a far less risk.  

My point with McD is he is not going to throw anyone under the bus.  And since there was no disaster outcome, there was not a lot to talk about anyway about the incomplete pass.  It would be a much hotter and talked about subject if it had resulted in a turnover or allowed the Jets to at least score a TD and be in position to tie the game with a 2 point conversion.  

4 minutes ago, mannc said:

Silly question.  Knox was wide open.  If he had been tightly covered, I trust Josh to have just kept the ball.  I haven't seen a reply, but I think Josh could have run for at least a few yards there.  If they ran a dive into the the line and Singletary fumbled, what would you be saying today? 

I was at the game and though he was covered pretty tightly, granted the play was on the far side of the field… do you (or anyone) have a replay?

• Agree 1

5 minutes ago, mannc said:

I think if you watch the play again you will see he was not wide open because Josh made a bad pass and shorted it and there was a defender there as a result.  

Let the flaming comments commence.

Like every media show has said this morning, ESPN, GMFB,  this team is not going far if it does not stop looking first for the plays that give us less than a 50% chance of completing the play for positive yards.   Versus the ones that are open for almost a 95% chance of completing the play for positive yards and moving the sticks.

I am seeing a bad trend with this offense this year,  that is going to cost us when this team gets to the payoffs.  We are not taking what the other teams are giving us that could continue to extend drives.  We are forcing it to much when it comes to the passing and the locations the ball is being thrown too.

This team has completely lost all of its offensive edge over the competition.  No one is afraid of this offense right now,  and it has gotten progressively worse during the last 7 games.

Dorsey is to blame and so is JA17.   Josh has looked like crap the last 7 games.  If it was not for his running ability the only way this team has won has been because of him running the ball when needed and getting alot of lucky breaks in a couple of games.   The offense has regressed so badly that there is no team that fears us at this point and its only a matter of time until it comes back to haunt this team.  

The loss of Brian Daboll has been exploited for everyone to see.   Dorsey is never going to be the OC that Daboll was and to think other wise is plain ignorant.

This team is going to get its ass handed to them by Cincinnati,  Cincinnati is now the team to beat in the AFC.   There is no way this team is the favorite to come out of the AFC with the offense as putrid as it is right now.  JA17 is throwing badly and it happened again yesterday.  There we so many dropped balls by receivers but if you look at where the balls were thrown they were not thrown to the ideal spot to let the receiver make a attempt to catch the ball.  You shouldn't need to make a circus style catch on the football all the time.  This has been happening way to often this year.

I don't know if JA17 can get us to a Superbowl if he continues playing this way.  This is not substainable in promoting winning football against the other elite teams in the league this year.  Josh and the Bills have not won anything yet and if they don't get back to playing competent football when on offense, its going to be another dissapointing post season.

On last thing  ESPN and GMFB commented on is that Buffalo can't even play in bad weather anymore, with this current roster.  No one accept for Digg's can catch a ball on a consistent basis when the weather is not ideal.  So home field is the only advantage we have, our fans.  Weather is not on our side anymore.

Sad but its true.

Edited by Toyo321
  • Like (+1) 1

No fire the Buffalo Bills owner Terry Pegula not the Bills offensive coordinator get use to the offense struggling in Orchard Park outdoor stadiums. Bills fans wanted it get use to it. But BSF the 1990’s Buffalo Bills and Jim Kelly. How much was Thurman Thomas? A lot was Thurman Thomas running than look at great NFL QB’s that struggled in Highmark Stadium Joe Montana, Dan Marino, John Elway. Also for the record the Bills haven’t won a championship since War Memorial Stadium. You can’t run a passing throw the football all over the field in snowy Orchard Park. We are setting Josh Allen up to fail put a dome on the new Bills stadium in my opinion. Go Bills! Let’s Go Buffalo 

41 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

He said the same thing about the 13 seconds.  Then not long after the game our ST Coordinator "stepped down" to take a lateral move to be the ST Coordinator for the lowly Jags.

So yeah, he isn't going to come out and throw someone under the bus, he has never ever done that once.  And doesn't matter if McD supported the call, its still a mistake.  Dorsey would defend that call too, does not make it the correct call.  I promise you, every coach would defend every call you have ever disagreed with in your history of watching sports.  

It is a mistake in your opinion. I think I would see the same posts had we run 2 times and then throw an incompletion on 3rd down. 

If Knox catches the ball its over.

There is a much greater chance Dorsey will be a head coach than to get fired from the Bills at any point in his career, let alone this season. 

Y'all need to get medicated. 

A few points to add to this crazy thread:

- McKenzie dropped two critical third down catches

- Penalties wiped two other third down conversions 

- Allen and the RBs missed at least two very running lanes and got stopped

- Other penalties killed drives (which has nothing to do with play calling)

- The Jets defense is legit, and could be the best secondary in the league

- Jets broke up (or interfered) on at least three big pass plays

- The game was played in one of the worst weather conditions you will see in the league this year

- Still scored 20 points, which is more than the Jets average

Dorsey is far from perfect but the player execution had much more to do with the results than play calling. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

13 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

I think if you watch the play again you will see he was not wide open because Josh made a bad pass and shorted it and there was a defender there as a result.  

I'd have to look at the replay, but it was absolutely a ball that Knox should have caught...like all Bills' receivers, he simply cannot come up with contested catches.  

5 minutes ago, What a Tuel said:

It is a mistake in your opinion. I think I would see the same posts had we run 2 times and then throw an incompletion on 3rd down. 

If Knox catches the ball it’s over.

I think if you polled 32 coaches there, almost the majority would say it was a better bet to run the ball under the circumstances of this specific game.

3 minutes ago, mannc said:

I'd have to look at the replay, but it was absolutely a ball that Knox should have caught...like all Bills' receivers, he simply cannot come up with contested catches.  

Oh don’t get me wrong, he absolutely should have caught the ball.  Even if he does, I’d still be making the point it was too big of a risk versus the alternative of using up all their timeouts and asking Mike White to go the length of the field with 40ish seconds and no timeouts against this defense.  Not to mention, still need to complete a 2 point conversion.  

And if Josh just runs there it’s at worst second and 5 instead of second and 10 making it more possible to pickup ip the first down still running the ball.  To be honest, I think Josh had a shot for running for the first down anyway.  

Edited by Alphadawg7

30 minutes ago, Toyo321 said:

Let the flaming comments commence.

Like every media show has said this morning, ESPN, GMFB,  this team is not going far if it does not stop looking first for the plays that give us less than a 50% chance of completing the play for positive yards.   Versus the ones that are open for almost a 95% chance of completing the play for positive yards and move the sticks.

I am seeing a bad trend with this offense this year,  that is going to cost us when this team gets to the payoffs.  We are not taking what the other teams are giving us that could continue to extend drives.  We are forcing to much when it comes to the passing and the where the ball is being thrown.

This team has completely lost all of its offensive edge over the competition.  No one is afraid of this offense right now,  and it has gotten progressively worse during the last 7 games.

Dorsey is to blame and so is JA17.   Josh has looked like crap the last 7 games.  If it was not for his running ability the only way this team has won has been because of him running the ball when needed and getting alot of lucky breaks in a couple of games.   The offense has regressed so badly that there is no team that fears us at this point and its only a matter of time until it comes back to haunt this team.  

The loss of Brian Daboll has been exploited for everyone to see.   Dorsey is never going to be the OC that Daboll was and to think other wise is plain ignorant.

This team is going to get its ass handed to them by Cincinnati,  Cincinnati is now the team to beat in the AFC.   There is no way this team is the favorite to come out of the AFC with the offense as putrid as it is right now.  JA17 is throwing badly and it happened again yesterday.  There we so many dropped balls by receivers but if you look at where the balls were thrown they were not thrown to the ideal spot to let the receiver make a attempt to catch the ball.  You shouldn't need to make a circus style catch on the football all the time.  This has been happening way to often this year.

I don't know if JA17 can get us to a Superbowl if he continues playing this way.  This is not substainable in promoting winning football against the other elite teams in the league this year.  Josh and the Bills have not won anything yet and if they don't get back to playing competent football when on offense, its going to be another dissapointing post season.

On last thing  ESPN and GMFB commented on is that Buffalo can't even play in bad weather anymore, with this current roster.  No one accept for Digg's can catch a ball on a consistent basis when the weather is not ideal.  So home field is the only advantage we have, our fans.  Weather is not on our side anymore.

Sad but it’s true.

Definitely don’t blame you at all this is more of a response to gmfb and the like…these are absolute clown takes on their part imo

a team that’s top 10 in rushing and top 4 against the run with a qb that has an absolute cannon and can run like a fullback is a bad offense in bad weather? Lol absolutely embarrassing take for people getting payed a lot of money to talk about football.

the wins aren’t always gonna be pretty in bad weather especially when you’re playing a defense like the jets but that doesn’t mean the weather isn’t hurting the opponent more than us. 

last year I’d come closer to agreeing with this weather take but this year our defense has been much better against the run.  They’ve been playing very well even without considering we were missing a huge chunk of defensive playmakers for a majority of the season.  

im fairly convinced the talking heads just look at stat sheets and don’t watch bills games at all. 

Kansas City has been winning ugly for weeks now and nobody cares because their struggles are more on the defensive side? They’ve been bailed out by running into backup qbs at key moments all season.  They could easily have two more losses. 

Miami has looked bad, Tennessee has looked bad, cincy had an ugly win over Cleveland this week, baltimore has looked bad and everyone’s injured again, who else is there? Lol. Who is this hypothetically perfect team with a great offense and defense that is going to knock the bills out of the playoffs? The eagles or cowboys in the superbowl?

cowboys almost got beat by the Texans this week 

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Max Fischer said:

There is a much greater chance Dorsey will be a head coach than to get fired from the Bills at any point in his career, let alone this season. 

Y'all need to get medicated. 

A few points to add to this crazy thread:

- McKenzie dropped two critical third down catches

- Penalties wiped two other third down conversions 

- Allen and the RBs missed at least two very running lanes and got stopped

- Other penalties killed drives (which has nothing to do with play calling)

- The Jets defense is legit, and could be the best secondary in the league

- Jets broke up (or interfered) on at least three big pass plays

- The game was played in one of the worst weather conditions you will see in the league this year

- Still scored 20 points, which is more than the Jets average

Dorsey is far from perfect but the player execution had much more to do with the results than play calling. 

All good points and as you said, Dorsey is far from perfect too.  Any Bills fan will know the offense is underperforming its potential.

The reasons can't just fit on a bumper sticker.  It's a little of everything.  All this arguing and drama over trying to figure out the "one"

reason is a fool's errand IMO, but it seems this place feasts on attempting to do just that.  

I'm just going to hope things start to click more Saturday and they pick up another win.  So far, it's been a great year with a 10-3 record

and a decent chance of the #1 seed.  Instead of being happy (which I am) I find myself reading all these threads that are bumming me out.

Maybe I need a break from this place, LOL.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

Definitely don’t blame you at all this is more of a response to gmfb and the like…these are absolute clown takes on their part imo

a team that’s top 10 in rushing and top 4 against the run with a qb that has an absolute cannon and can run like a fullback is a bad offense in bad weather? Lol absolutely embarrassing take for people getting payed a lot of money to talk about football.

the wins aren’t always gonna be pretty in bad weather especially when you’re playing a defense like the jets but that doesn’t mean the weather isn’t hurting the opponent more than us. 

last year I’d come closer to agreeing with this weather take but this year our defense has been much better against the run.  They’ve been playing very well even without considering we were missing a huge chunk of defensive playmakers for a majority of the season.  

im fairly convinced the talking heads just look at stat sheets and don’t watch bills games at all. 

Kansas City has been winning ugly for weeks now and nobody cares because their struggles are more on the defensive side? They’ve been bailed out by running into backup qbs at key moments all season.  They could easily have two more losses. 

Miami has looked bad, Tennessee has looked bad, cincy had an ugly win over Cleveland this week, baltimore has looked bad and everyone’s injured again, who else is there? Lol. Who is this hypothetically perfect team with a great offense and defense that is going to knock the bills out of the playoffs? The eagles or cowboys in the superbowl?

cowboys almost got beat by the Texans this week 

I think the OP here is a little harsh maybe,  but ultimately I think the premise of forcing low percentage plays too often has been accurate going all the way back to GB.

Cincinnati playing the Browns tight, or any game Mahomes has is totally irrelevant to that point. 

This fan base is in SB mode, and I agree with the OP, if the team does not figure out how to get in a high percentage rhythm that keeps the chains moving, we won’t be able to reach that goal. I could care less if anybody else had a bad game. 

8 minutes ago, In Summary said:

Barring a tragic collapse in the remaining regular season games and a bad 1st round playoff exit, Dorsey is completely safe.  

This! 

It might be on the table without a collapse if he was a McBeane hire. But that all changes when your QB goes to bat for a specific guy to be in charge. 

25 minutes ago, Mango said:

I think the OP here is a little harsh maybe,  but ultimately I think the premise of forcing low percentage plays too often has been accurate going all the way back to GB.

Cincinnati playing the Browns tight, or any game Mahomes has is totally irrelevant to that point. 

This fan base is in SB mode, and I agree with the OP, if the team does not figure out how to get in a high percentage rhythm that keeps the chains moving, we won’t be able to reach that goal. I could care less if anybody else had a bad game. 

This! 

It might be on the table without a collapse if he was a McBeane hire. But that all changes when your QB goes to bat for a specific guy to be in charge. 

Why would how other playoff teams in the AFC look be irrelevant to the bills potential playoff success? Lol every team is up and down….I’d take being down in a game against one of the best defenses in the league in terrible weather over what a lot of the other good afc teams did last week.  Gmfb singling out the bills as the only team winning ugly is preposterous 😂. That’s the point of my post.  

Every shot josh took in this game was well calculated imo…single coverage with separation.  And seeing as the underneath guys are dropping even more balls than anyone im ok with taking those shots.  Nobody seems to care or talk about them when they work.  If you’re playing the whole game with a pretty big risk of a holding call at any moment, putting together a long drive of short to intermediate passes becomes very difficult.  Especially when McKenzie/singletary can’t catch the ball.

underneath throws with a slick football also pose some risk where it goes through the receivers hands and gets picked too…or a defensive lineman bats them into the air.  To me that jets game we went all in on playing conservative/trusting the defense and won the game 

i don’t think Dorsey is the best offensive coordinator in the league by any means but marginally better execution from the players and we are undefeated right now.  

This revisionist history with Daboll I’ve been seeing is comical…we looked completely lost for 4 quarters quite a few times last year and were 7-6 at this point against a much easier schedule with a much healthier team 

If we start struggling in non terrible weather against mediocre defenses now that Josh’s elbow seems good to go then I will panic with y’all because kc is a mediocre defense and the weather will probably be good lol but until then I really don’t see much of a reason to worry.  The jets are a good team with bad qb play even,  and Mike white made some impressive throws and they still got handled 

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Mango said:

This! 

Too many factors make Dorsey safe.

• 1st year OC
  • Questionable OL talent at the guards
  • Slot receiver not emerging after Crowder gets injured.

The popular view is that this is an Allen/Diggs high powered offensive team, but I'd say the Bills identity is really that of a premier Defensive team who also have two marquee offensive players.  In the off-season, I thought both OL and DL were weak in the middle.  Beane did a great job in getting D. Jones with Oliver and Edmunds benefitting greatly.  Dorsey does pretty well with what he has.  If I were to pick at him, it would be on whatever lack of focus is leading to dropped passes. 

• Agree 1

11 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

Why would how other playoff teams in the AFC look be irrelevant to the bills potential playoff success? Lol every team is up and down….I’d take being down in a game against one of the best defenses in the league in terrible weather over what a lot of the other good afc teams did last week.  Gmfb singling out the bills as the only team winning ugly is preposterous 😂. That’s the point of my post.  

Every shot josh took in this game was well calculated imo…single coverage with separation.  And seeing as the underneath guys are dropping even more balls than anyone im ok with taking those shots.  Nobody seems to care or talk about them when they work

i don’t think Dorsey is the best offensive coordinator in the league by any means but marginally better execution from the players and we are undefeated right now.  

This revisionist history with Daboll I’ve been seeing is comical…we looked completely lost for 4 quarters quite a few times last year and were 7-6 at this point against a much easier schedule with a much healthier team 

OP is saying Josh isn’t taking what’s given to him. 

You are saying sometimes Mahomes isn’t great.

I am saying that no matter how good or bad another QB may or may not play has no impact on whether or not ours needs to be better. 

1 hour ago, Mango said:

OP is saying Josh isn’t taking what’s given to him. 

You are saying sometimes Mahomes isn’t great.

I am saying that no matter how good or bad another QB may or may not play has no impact on whether or not ours needs to be better. 

I never even said  ‘mahomes isn’t great’ and I think you missed my point 😂.the person I’m replying to said gmfb  is saying our offense isn’t very good and we aren’t built to play in bad weather so we will struggle in the playoffs and I vehemently disagreed with point 2 and point 1 is a ridiculous thing to single the bills out on.  all the AFC playoff teams have holes and have been up and down offensively and otherwise. Why would we compare our team to some hypothetically perfect team when there are very real teams we will see in the playoffs.  

I used the chiefs as an example because you could easily say all the same things about them as they are a team carried by two offensive players that have been up and down and they don’t even have a very good defense to fall back on.  It’s just odd that everyone is acting so defeated when we have a legitimate shot to enter the playoffs with wins over the 1-6 seeds and maybe even 1-7 seeds. 

and finally I would somewhat disagree with the OPs premise as it relates to the jets game at least.  If you’ve got a guy with a step in single coverage against the jets that’s a shot you take.  Putting a long dink and dunk drive together against them would’ve been tough as there were frequently dlinemen in the passing lanes, our receivers could not catch, and we were holding on every other play.

Josh took the shots he needed to and they were pretty high percentage plays we just whiffed on them all.  
That’s not to say the ‘he tries to force chunk plays’ criticism hasn’t been accurate at times earlier in the season though.  

so really I think I addressed a lot of the topics in that original comment i was replying to 😂

We’re just caught up in this cycle of beating a team and then concluding the team we beat wasn’t any good and we should’ve won by more and doing the whole thing again next week lol.  The lions win is my personal favorite as we caught them in the middle of their streak where they have been arguably the hottest team in football and people saw the win as a negative somehow.  We might be the only team that beats them the last 9 weeks of the season 

7 minutes ago, Bad Things said:

We're 10 and 3, for crying out loud!

When did Bills fans become so bloody miserable?

I don't know but it really is starting to bug me.  I know I shouldn't let it, but my god it's irritating.

I'll give you an example.  A month ago, the Bills were forcing everything and turning over the ball way too often.

Since, they changed the O to a more stable balanced approach, they won 4 games with a total of 2 turnovers.

Are they happy for that?  No.  Now it's all about the O doesn't get enough yards and touchdowns so fire the OC.

I blame the parents.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Haha (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, Bad Things said:

We're 10 and 3, for crying out loud!

When did Bills fans become so bloody miserable?

For me it started with Wide right.  It only got worse after that. Im sure everyone has their own starting point though.

Edited by Gunsgoodtime

7 minutes ago, Gunsgoodtime said:

For me it started with Wide right.  It only got worse after that. Im sure everyone has their own starting point though.

You've been miserable as a Bills fan since Wide Right?

Why would you come here and spend time doing something that causes you misery?

During all those years of the drought, we dreamt of having a team like this.  First place in the AFC with a 10-3 record.

Now we finally have success, and fans would rather be miserable than celebrate success?

WTF?

• Thank you (+1) 3

1 minute ago, Bad Things said:

You've been miserable as a Bills fan since Wide Right?

Why would you come here and spend time doing something that causes you misery?

During all those years of the drought, we dreamt of having a team like this.  First place in the AFC with a 10-3 record.

Now we finally have success, and fans would rather be miserable than celebrate success?

WTF?

I guess our standard of success is different. 

Well, we're the fourth highest scoring offense in the league, second in point differential. We're 10-3, and the top seed in the AFC. Our run game is the best it's been in years, with an improved O-line being the biggest factor, and are running a far more balanced offense. So, we should fire our OC, and bring in Matt Rhule. We can't have enough Panthers blood at OBD!

8 hours ago, Stank_Nasty said:

apparently his philosophy vs the jets was to target their strongest defenders and wanted nothing to do with exploiting the weaknesses…. COOL. 

Clearly shows we don’t have that tough, durable WR(s) with the courage and fortitude to venture into the middle of the field. 

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Big Turk said:

This is a problem...Bills tied for 2nd in NFL in dropped passes.

I agree yesterday it was. 
    However, we are top 8 in attempts as are TB and KC, Miami is 11 but GB is 17.

Diggs is up at the top of receivers with 6 drops along with Davis????

Kelce, Waddle,Ekeler all have 6. 
Davis’ drops seem much more egregious when you look at his 38 Rec vs Diggs 94 and 696 vs 1239 yards.

I feel like yesterday’s game skewed these stats.

3 hours ago, ColoradoBills said:

All good points and as you said, Dorsey is far from perfect too.  Any Bills fan will know the offense is underperforming its potential.

The reasons can't just fit on a bumper sticker.  It's a little of everything.  All this arguing and drama over trying to figure out the "one"

reason is a fool's errand IMO, but it seems this place feasts on attempting to do just that.  

I'm just going to hope things start to click more Saturday and they pick up another win.  So far, it's been a great year with a 10-3 record

and a decent chance of the #1 seed.  Instead of being happy (which I am) I find myself reading all these threads that are bumming me out.

Maybe I need a break from this place

There will always be room to criticize and lament mistakes,  dropped passes and missed opportunities . But in the end it is the Scoreboard that matters. And a team that is on the cusp of a #1 seed  reading the scoreboard today is for me a Good thing. I think  we all want to win a super bowl so badly that any perceived impediment seen towards that goal has got to go. I get it. But if some fans are disgruntled at Dorsey with his record what do you suppose would happen if they fire him and then they digress the next year?  Firing someone doesn't guarantee his replacement will perform better. Dorsey isn't perfect  but then who would be as a replacement?

If winning the super bowl is your litmus test so be it. MAYBE lets see how this season unfolds before talking about kicking a guy to the curb. Perfection is not possible folks sorry to break it to you. 

To the red bolded ColoBills imo being  fan of this team is too ingrained in most of us to ever just give it up completely. Same with this  board. It's like the Hotel California. "You can check out any time you like, but you can never leave" @Draconator 🙂

Indeed.

Edited by muppy
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Real McNasty said:

#4 in the NFL as of now for points scored with a 10-3 record.  How does that reflect a rookie OC that needs to be fired?

How many WR drops, turnovers or off target throws is Dorsey responsible for? 

I'm all for the first part of your post but he needs to be better.  His game plans have been questionable from the Miami game forward.   Very little creativity in his short yardage plays.  His in game play calling is not strong.   

Listening to Dorsey, I don't expect any changes. 

- I don't think any big Hines package is coming. 

- I think Cook's touches are going to be erratic

- I don't think any expansion of Gabe Davis routes is coming

- When Dorsey talks about balance in the offense it really makes no sense 

- There wasn't a huge role for Crowder when he did play, but maybe between an occasional John Brown target, Cole Beasley 😬 back in the slot, Dawson Knox occasionally making a big play we can still be in that 25 points per game neighborhood. 

I have faith in Allen and Diggs. And Dorsey played the position, was a National Champion, and has years in the NFL. I just don't expect a lot to change. There are 4-games left, who is really suddenly going to develop a role now?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.