Shout out to Isaiah Hodgins

RenoNVBillsfan

Good for him. Not going to get bent out of shape with what transpired though. I would have swapped Hodgins with our other Isaiah at the time however and I’d certainly do it now. Never been sold on McKenzie and I’m gritting my teeth whenever he is targeted. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, Einstein said:

Yeah he looks quite good in NY.

Makes you wonder why he couldn’t get on the field here. Not like we have all-stars at WR outside of Diggs.

Injuries and fighting for a spot with a proven special teamer and a current rookie. Tough spot numbers wise.

1 hour ago, Sharky7337 said:

Talen evaluation of our own players continues to be worrisome.

The evaluation of Hodgins in Buffalo was that he wasn’t going to move up the depth chart…and that was fair. They stuck with him plenty long on PS. He found an opportunity with NYG and took advantage of it.

What’s worrisome in Buffalo is evaluation of guys like Saffold (washed) and Bernard (reach).

• Dislike 1

9 minutes ago, Airseven said:

The evaluation of Hodgins in Buffalo was that he wasn’t going to move up the depth chart…and that was fair. They stuck with him plenty long on PS. He found an opportunity with NYG and took advantage of it.

What’s worrisome in Buffalo is evaluation of guys like Saffold (washed) and Bernard (reach).

Breida is also having a decent season w/ the Giants. 

• Eyeroll 1

1 hour ago, JayBaller10 said:

I’m not overly surprised he’s producing once given the chance. I was one who held out hope that he’d work out based on the positive press he was receiving alongside Gabe Davis their rookie years. 

Nor am I.  He's always had great hands, and a knack for getting open.  For Buffalo, his lack of a contribution on special teams was an issue.  He's starting for the Giants, so that's not an issue for them. 

• Agree 1

Makes you wonder why he never saw time here, I wouldn’t exactly say we are stacked at WR.

what I really regret is the bills trading away Wyatt Teller.  Most fans loved that pick and he was doing well.  We had tons of journeymen vet guards at the time but to me, woulda made sense to stick with a cheap rookie over a veteran 

• Eyeroll 1

4 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

He’s a part of Belichick / McDermott tree 

https://buffstaterecord.com/17478/sports/mcdermott-beane-daboll-and-schoen-one-big-happy-family/

@TBBills idk What you’re disagreeing with but you Can be part of more than one coaching tree… It’s not cut and dry

Sean McDermott Is as much a part of Jimmye Laycocks tree as he is Andy Reid’s … In fact Laycock … Produced three NFL head coaches

McDermott Tomlin and Brian Daboll

All are a part of his tree … You can be a part of more than one persons tree

• Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Drew21PA said:

Believe I just had this convo with someone about his production..hmmm

Did you watch the game? Or just see that he had a touchdown? Pretty much caught the ball and got tackled immediately every time. He only had 40 yards receiving as the #2 receiver, again it’s a very low bar you are setting 

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Limeaid said:

Not according to CBS game show team.  Beli-CHEAT was mentioned but Coach McD was not despite him being changed by how Coach McD worked.

Both McDermott and Daboll Coached under Jimmye Lacycock at W&M

He says they’re both part of his tree… See how that works? 

There’s lots of branches in trees

• Agree 1

51 minutes ago, Locomark said:

Still slow and still wouldn’t be getting meaningful snaps here. We aren’t throwing to our current draft pick who has actual speed and agility so we wouldn’t be throwing to him either. 

Agreed… but the question is why? They prefer to throw to Dropkenzie?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

https://buffstaterecord.com/17478/sports/mcdermott-beane-daboll-and-schoen-one-big-happy-family/

@TBBills idk What you’re disagreeing with but you Can be part of more than one coaching tree… It’s not cut and dry

Sean McDermott Is as much a part of Jimmye Laycocks tree as he is Andy Reid’s … In fact Laycock … Produced three NFL head coaches

McDermott Tomlin and Brian Daboll

All are a part of his tree … You can be a part of more than one persons tree

Lol @TBBills is hilarious. All reactions no posts. He wants Daboll to only be McDermott’s pride and joy so bad but has zero articulation on the matter 🤦🏾‍♂️🤣

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.