Fish in Orchard Park - Snow Game ✅

WEATHER DOT COM

2 minutes ago, BillsFanNC said:

Have some of you never lived in Buffalo?  Even if there is two feet of snow on Saturday they will still play the game in OP in front of a sold out stadium.  It takes historical amounts of lake effect snow to force a venue change.

I have lived 35+ years out of my life here.  Agree...this isn't about moving the game, it's about watching the Dolphins trying to run for the bus in the cold, wind and snow.

26 minutes ago, TheFunPolice said:

a snow event (just on the edge of manageable) in Buffalo for a HUGE Saturday night Bills/Dolphins game where the fans have "pre gamed" all day in the parking lot is 100% EXACTLY what the NFL wants to see. 

incredible television, and the atmosphere will be electric!

Lake effect snow doesn't automatically mean several feet. That happens every few years and impacts a handful of days. It's overblown 

I’ve lived in Buffalo my entire life 

There are snow storms every year where we get at least a few ft of snow over a few day period

Do we always get snow storms with 6 feet in a day?  No … a few ft? Yea

Edited by Buffalo716
  • Agree 1

25 minutes ago, RiotAct said:

Actually, doesn’t that contribute to lake effect snow?

Yes...it creates warmer lakes later in the season.  Huge LES amounts like we have gotten twice in the past 8 years largely depend on temperature differences between the air and water.  The warmer the water, the bigger the temperature difference and the more moisture that can get added. Especially in November, which is why both storms happened to the day, 8 years apart.  It's basically the same action as how T-Storms develop in the summer.

Additionally, there may come a point in time where Lake Erie won't freeze during the winter, much like Lake Ontario which is why Rochester, Syracuse and Tug Hill Plateau regions get more snow usually...Lake Ontario stays open for LES all winter most years while Lake Erie usually gets shut down in early January,

Edited by Big Turk
  • Agree 2

2 hours ago, nucci said:

Why do people think crappy weather is football weather and it's the Bills advantage? Don't you think players prefer 50-60 degrees and dry conditions? 

It should be an advantage when playing against a team from a warm weather climate. Just being used to crummy weather should be an advantage.

Edited by Beast

37 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

We'll just have to see, won't we? Mike White threw for 268 yds and 63% ribs and all. Josh had 147 "in his element."

Of course Tua will have more than snow to worry about if we bring that same offense Saturday.

To be fair Allen only had 27 attempts and white was like 45

Josh wasn’t asked to sling it the entire game aggressively

45 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

We'll just have to see, won't we? Mike White threw for 268 yds and 63% ribs and all. Josh had 147 "in his element."

Of course Tua will have more than snow to worry about if we bring that same offense Saturday.

Mike White went 11/19 113 yards after the injury. 55 of which was with 3 minutes of the game left and the Bills defense was protecting the sidelines up two scores and ensuring they use up the clock.

Edited by What a Tuel
  • Like (+1) 1

48 minutes ago, RiotAct said:

Funny enough though, this game will only be on NFL Network unless you live in the WNY or SoFla markets, correct? 

A lot of people don’t even get that channel through their provider.

Providers don’t carry the NFLN, or subscribers may not have it included in the package they have?

Just now, Greg S said:

If Tua struggled throwing the ball in Sofi, it will be comical watching him try to throw in the elements in OP. If Hill can't go or is limited by his ankle injury it will only make Tua's life worse next Sat night.

Tua sucks. He's gonna suck in sun, in rain, in snow, in a dome, in outer space. We should blow them out no matter what but bad weather hurts us much more than it hurts them.

38 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

I’ve lived in Buffalo my entire life 

There are snow storms every year where we get at least a few ft of snow over a few day period

Do we always get snow storms with 6 feet in a day?  No … a few ft? Yea

The key to "we get several feet" is "who is we?" Because one relatively narrow band of area will have 3 feet and the rest of us get 8 inches, a dusting or nothing at all. And a week later it's like it never happened.  

Edited by TheFunPolice
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Process said:

Tua sucks. He's gonna suck in sun, in rain, in snow, in a dome, in outer space. We should blow them out no matter what but bad weather hurts us much more than it hurts them.

Kind of frustrating that a Bills team isn't built to play in the elements. Don't get me wrong I am enjoying this season very much. I hope we get the #1 seed, but Beane has to do a better job of building a team that can play in the elements. Better OL would help. Even the Super Bowl era Bills could run the ball down their opponent's throat with a good OL led by Hull and Thurman running. We need that element to our offense.

20 minutes ago, Einstein said:

Alright, guys, start packing. Heading to Detroit.

Lake effect snow doesn't always mean that a particular area is going to be buried like a month ago in OP, it just means a possibility of lake effect snow... could be 3" or 3'.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, thenorthremembers said:

How silly are the Bills going to look if they have to move a 3rd game in 8 years due to weather while setting to break ground on a billion dollar stadium with no roof?

They should build a dome with a retractable hole right over the visiting teams bench for when the Dolphins come to town

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

They should wear the red color rush uniforms Saturday.  

I think I heard they will wear them, but huge advantage I think especially with the weather.

Also the Bills should sacrifice and go with no heaters on their sideline so the Dolphins won't be allowed to have them either.

Edited by Negan
  • Like (+1) 1

49 minutes ago, Greg S said:

Kind of frustrating that a Bills team isn't built to play in the elements. Don't get me wrong I am enjoying this season very much. I hope we get the #1 seed, but Beane has to do a better job of building a team that can play in the elements. Better OL would help. Even the Super Bowl era Bills could run the ball down their opponent's throat with a good OL led by Hull and Thurman running. We need that element to our offense.

I'll repeat myself.  The Buffalo Bills are 10-1 playing at Highmark Stadium AFTER Thanksgiving in the last 3 seasons.

The only loss is in that fluky New England game.

During those 11 games the Bills have outscored their opponents 317 to 167 or per game average of 28.8 to 15.2.

The idea that Highmark Stadium is not an advantage to the Buffalo Bills in winter is approaching "urban legend" status.

Go Bills!

• Like (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Dolphins are a wounded animal in a tough spot, going to find out a lot about them this week and with the way the Bills have been playing in recent weeks this is a very precarious position to be in especially if the weather ends up being an issue it will likely favor the Dolphins and their style of offense.

• Eyeroll 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Greg S said:

90’s Bills weren’t built differently due to the weather. It was a totally different era of football. 

7 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

90’s Bills weren’t built differently due to the weather. It was a totally different era of football. 

Those teams were balanced on offense. Much better OL and Thurman is a HOF RB. None of the Bills RB's today are close to #34 

16 minutes ago, FilthyBeast said:

Dolphins are a wounded animal in a tough spot, going to find out a lot about them this week and with the way the Bills have been playing in recent weeks this is a very precarious position to be in especially if the weather ends up being an issue it will likely favor the Dolphins and their style of offense.

Is this a serious take?  How does snow favor the Dolphins speed WR's and timing routes?

• Thank you (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

Is this a serious take?  How does snow favor the Dolphins speed WR's and timing routes?

Especially after last night watching Tua not being able to adapt to WR's being jammed at the line and not being where they should be. I am sure snow will help that a lot 😂. It won't help Josh Allen who adapts and improvises as one of the best in the league...no not at all.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.