NFL Week 8: Around the NFL - Post about Sunday games not including the Bills - open at 8:36 AM

BuffaloBill

Just now, UKBillFan said:

Why would the Seahawks trade him?

They won't....just wishful thinking

Just now, Simstim said:

Why would the Hawks want to trade him?

I added the blurb about the Hawks never trading him...especially with Penny done for the year.

4 minutes ago, Bills2022 said:

McCaffrey just got there 2 or 3 days before the game.  They are going to keep getting better each week he is there.  They have a lot of talent and now have the type of offense that can keep good teams like the Bills and Chiefs high powered offenses on the sideline.

I'll believe it when I see it. They still have Jimmy G.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, JDubya76 said:

Well, giants are done today. Don’t worry Giants fans, since you are in the NFC your schedule only gets marginally more difficult the rest of the season. By the smallest of margins.

They still have a good chance of making the playoffs in the NFC.

7 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

Honestly there are a lot of mediocre teams and only a few elite ones.

Chiefs and Bills are definitely in that category. Eagles likely are but their lack of quality opposition makes it hard to know. Might not know until the playoffs...they play nobody.

Chiefs and Bills are the best teams in the League... Gap to Eagles and then a gap back to Ravens...

Cowboys, Vikings, 49ers, Seahawks look on par with the Ravens.., not sure another AFC team is...

3 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

I'll believe it when I see it. They still have Jimmy G.

Jimmy G is more than capable of winning a Super Bowl.  They won't win because of him, but he is fully capable of doing what needs to be done. Guy has a heck of a career winning record and winning playoff record.  

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Bills2022 said:

McCaffrey just got there 2 or 3 days before the game.  They are going to keep getting better each week he is there.  They have a lot of talent and now have the type of offense that can keep good teams like the Bills and Chiefs high powered offenses on the sideline.

Exactly. I got good value at around +2000 when I bet them to win the SB and it’s already down to +1200 and it’s only going to go down. It’s either them or the eagles and I don’t trust hurts in the playoffs. Start planning now for playing them if we get there too

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Bills2022 said:

Jimmy G is more than capable of winning a Super Bowl.  They won't win because of him, but he is fully capable of doing what needs to be done. Guy has a heck of a career winning record and winning playoff record.  

He is capable, just not against the Bills or Chiefs. Maybe if he gets a gift matchup again like the Rams got last year.

Edited by Big Turk

4 minutes ago, UKBillFan said:

Kupp could be injured. At 31-14 down in garbage time have to wonder why he was out there.

ETA - Kupp walking off, thankfully.

They always stat pad in garbage time. 
Rather they’re up or down 20 they pepper Kupp when the games already over. They deserve any injury he may get 

• Eyeroll 1

5 minutes ago, Bills2022 said:

He’s as capable as Kirk Cousins, but I wouldn’t choose them to lead my team in the big game. They both always seem to come up short.

13 minutes ago, Bills2022 said:

McCaffrey was the perfect fit for SF.  Garopollo can check it down to a guy that's good for 7-10 yards just about every time.  

Bills brass knows the deal.  The fan base will catch up sooner or later.

• Like (+1) 1

37 minutes ago, BeavercreekBillsFan said:

They always beat the rams, it’s literally a rule almost. That said i stand with my prediction (and my bet) that the Niners are going to the SB. Got laughed at last week but it’s also my biggest fear. Don’t want to play these guys in a one game scenario. Nightmare matchup 

I’ll say this, I think it’s more likely after the McCaffery trade.  What a player!

6 minutes ago, UKBillFan said:

Kupp could be injured. At 31-14 down in garbage time have to wonder why he was out there.

ETA - Kupp walking off, thankfully.

I said the exact same thing, hope he’s OK, why was he out there

4 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

He is capable, just not against the Bills or Chiefs. Maybe if he gets a gift matchup again like the Rams got last year.

The Niners are fully capable of beating the Bills or Chiefs with Jimmy G if McCaffrey, Deebo, and Kittle are all healthy.  They have the type of offense that can keep other teams off the field.  

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Bills2022 said:

The Niners are fully capable of beating the Bills or Chiefs with Jimmy G if McCaffrey, Deebo, and Kittle are all healthy.  They have the type of offense that can keep other teams off the field.  

pretty amazing how that lance white injury worked out for them. I think there would be a lot more growing pains with white back there.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Bills2022 said:

And Eli Mitchell will be returning as their closer and goal line guy.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, JDubya76 said:

Washington wins!

I absolutely nothing the colts. They deserve what they are getting right now, they bought and paid for it. Reich’s seat may be starting to simmer.

I think it#s been simmerinng a while. At this point I'll be surprised if he lasts the week

1 minute ago, JDubya76 said:

Washington wins!

I absolutely nothing the colts. They deserve what they are getting right now, they bought and paid for it. Reich’s seat may be starting to simmer.

that Pittman drop there on the last drive was brutal. They would have probably had the ball past midfield with a TO left. 

but I would not mind seeing the colts miss the playoffs! 

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

pretty amazing how that lance white injury worked out for them. I think there would be a lot more growing pains with white back there.

They have to stay healthy, but they obviously now have a shot to win it all. Not a great shot, but definitely a shot.  Couldn't say the same a couple weeks ago. 

29 minutes ago, BeavercreekBillsFan said:

Exactly. I got good value at around +2000 when I bet them to win the SB and it’s already down to +1200 and it’s only going to go down. It’s either them or the eagles and I don’t trust hurts in the playoffs. Start planning now for playing them if we get there too

And so others know, it’s already down to +1100. They have 4th best odds to win it all behind bills, eagles and chiefs. They’re ahead of the Vikings, ravens, cowboys and bengals. Vegas knows. But sure just keep saying that Jimmy G will stop them from getting there. Bills vs 49ers is basically my worst nightmare for so many reasons. 

48 minutes ago, Goin Breakdown said:

I was young at the time. So I didn't experience that rivalry but I will say appreciate what you went through. No love for either team. 

Fair enough.  I was only 11 when the streak ended, so I didn't exactly agonize my way through it, but I could appreciate the historical significance.  And they were just as easy to hate in the '80s and '90s, since they were the only other halfway-relevant team in the division most years.

• Thank you (+1) 1

41 minutes ago, Bills2022 said:

Jimmy G is the reason the 49ers didnt win a SB and why they looked to replace him...

Jimmy Garoppolo has a passer rating of 69.2 with 219 yards, 1 touchdown and 2 interceptions in 1 game in Super Bowls in his career.

The 49ers held a 20-10 lead entering the fourth quarter and intercepted Chiefs quarterback Patrick Mahomes with 11:57 remaining in the game. Instead of driving down the field for the likely Lombardi Trophy-clinching score, Garoppolo and the 49ers picked up only one first down and then punted. It was the first of four fourth-quarter possessions that ended poorly for San Francisco.

Jimmy Garoppolo in the fourth quarter: 3-of-11, 36 yards, INT, fourth-down sack

Jimmy Garoppolo had 2.8 rating in 4th quarter. The only player w/ lower rating in 4th quarter of playoff loss since 2000 season (min 5 attempts) was Vince Young at 0.0 (1 for 5, 6 yards INT) vs in 4th quarter vs Chargers 1/6/08

Id say... no he isnt.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

Jimmy G is the reason the 49ers didnt win a SB and why they looked to replace him...

Jimmy Garoppolo has a passer rating of 69.2 with 219 yards, 1 touchdown and 2 interceptions in 1 game in Super Bowls in his career.

Id say... no he isnt.

💯 love all the CMC stans still bitter that Beane isn’t as dumb as they are today think a 4-4 team is guaranteed super bowl bound.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Bills2022 said:

Sure. Keep pumping that idea up for yourself to believe.

• Vomit 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.