Christian McCaffrey traded to the 49ers for multiple 2nd day draft picks

Draconator

21 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

If you want to include all 7-7 teams as "playoff contenders", then your post almost scratches the surface of credulity.

Lions may continue to 10 wins, may not. But the Jets are in  a freefall.  Same for NE. 

That last sentence must have hurt.  Nice play yesterday btw.

I included playoff contenders as playoff contenders.  If you want to subjectively criticize that in an effort to assert my post lacks credibility, then how about just looking at overall records?  Of the 31 non-Bills teams in the league, how many teams have played teams with combined 53-45 records or better in their last 7?  Im guessing the number is pretty low.  

As I said, I agree with you about the 9ers in general, but their last 7?  42-55…either 43-55 or 42-56 after the Rams play tonight.  Net net, math is not your strong point making this argument.

Side note:  I don’t think losing to the Bills then the Lions constitutes free fall but I guess we’ll find out.  FWIW I think the Jets are better than the fish but I guess we’ll all find out in a few weeks.

On 12/18/2022 at 10:52 AM, NewEra said:

Pretending to know what’s going to happen in the future for a 2nd time doesn’t make your initial prediction any less laughable.  

they have the best d in the league-  they have a shot to beat anyone…..with Brock Purdy under center 

Right!!!! And they can pound the ball at will , no one want to play them right now 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

On 12/18/2022 at 8:43 AM, TheWeatherMan said:

Who have they beaten that’s good…Miami? Chargers?  Cupcake schedule, they’re not making it past the 2nd round just like last year.  

Not to nit pick, but you literally said the Niners remaining schedule was tougher in the post they are quoting you on.  Now you’re saying it was a cupcake schedule because your prediction on the trade being bad was so wrong?  

Come on, just admit the CMC trade not only made sense for their team and offense, but has worked out so much that they are now the favorite or 2nd favorite to win the NFC and reach the SB.  

And my wife is a Niners fan, and while she’s hoping for a Niners VS Bills SB…this is the team I am most afraid of in the entire NFL as we match up terrible with them.  That defense is not something I want to see our OL going up against.  And I don’t want to see our D try and defend their YAC short strike offense and screen game with guys like Deebo and CMC.  

They are a team no one wants to play right now.  Best hope is after more tape, teams can exploit Purdy.  But if Purdy keeps playing like this, they are actually a better team with him than Jimmy G.

Edited by Alphadawg7
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

I’m very happy we did not trade for McCaffrey…our RB talent was never the problem, and we need those draft picks to bolster our OL and WR rooms…we’ll see what kind of return the Niners get on that trade after this season.  I bet it’s not much.

• Agree 1

4 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Not to nit pick, but you literally said the Niners remaining schedule was tougher in the post they are quoting you on.  Now you’re saying it was a cupcake schedule because your prediction on the trade being bad was so wrong?  

crickets GIF

• Haha (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

That last sentence must have hurt.  Nice play yesterday btw.

I included playoff contenders as playoff contenders.  If you want to subjectively criticize that in an effort to assert my post lacks credibility, then how about just looking at overall records?  Of the 31 non-Bills teams in the league, how many teams have played teams with combined 53-45 records or better in their last 7?  Im guessing the number is pretty low.  

As I said, I agree with you about the 9ers in general, but their last 7?  42-55…either 43-55 or 42-56 after the Rams play tonight.  Net net, math is not your strong point making this argument.

Side note:  I don’t think losing to the Bills then the Lions constitutes free fall but I guess we’ll find out.  FWIW I think the Jets are better than the fish but I guess we’ll all find out in a few weeks.

Well, only 4 teams have been mathematically eliminated so far--so you have hit on....something. 

The rest of your math....not so good.  Bills last 7 games are vs teams with records of 7-7, 11-3, 6-8, 7-7, 7-7, 8-6.  that's a total record of 46-38.   you can't count the Jets 7-7 record twice, chief....

The Bills have played 2 teams with a winning record, lost to one (lost to the other in September). 

The Jets and NE have combined to win 2 of their last 9 games.  The Jets, 1-5 since the bye, get to choose between Wilson and Flacco until their #2 QB is healthy enough to start.  How are they better than the Dolphins?  

• Eyeroll 2

41 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Well, only 4 teams have been mathematically eliminated so far--so you have hit on....something. 

The rest of your math....not so good.  Bills last 7 games are vs teams with records of 7-7, 11-3, 6-8, 7-7, 7-7, 8-6.  that's a total record of 46-38.   you can't count the Jets 7-7 record twice, chief....

The Bills have played 2 teams with a winning record, lost to one (lost to the other in September). 

The Jets and NE have combined to win 2 of their last 9 games.  The Jets, 1-5 since the bye, get to choose between Wilson and Flacco until their #2 QB is healthy enough to start.  How are they better than the Dolphins?  

We played the Jets twice….chief….so I counted it twice.  Whether you count them once or twice doesn’t sway things much since they are 7-7.

Of the teams I called playoff contenders, none of them are more than a game out of it.  Note that I did not include the Browns who are mathematically alive.

Let’s be clear.  Are you saying that the Bills have played an easier schedule in their last 7 games than the 49ers have played in their last 7?  Because last I checked 53-45 is better than 42-55 but maybe I’m missing some secret Pats math again.

Of the 31 non-Bills teams, how many have played a slate with a better record than Bills opponents in their last 7?  You can can compare to 53-45 or 46-38 as a win percentage.  I haven’t looked at all the teams but the number is likely well below 10.

My Jets/fish comparison is my own, and I fully understand it is an opinion based on my own eye test.  They play each other again and they both play your Pats, so we’ll see.  I could be wrong for sure.

At the end of the day you’re just straight up wrong trying to refute someone saying the 9ers have had a soft run in their schedule by saying the Bills have as well.  It’s not close.  The point you made was 100%, unquestionably wrong and you should just own it.  

Edited by 4merper4mer
  • Agree 1

17 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

We played the Jets twice….chief….so I counted it twice.  Whether you count them once or twice doesn’t sway things much since they are 7-7.

Of the teams I called playoff contenders, none of them are more than a game out of it.  Note that I did not include the Browns who are mathematically alive.

Let’s be clear.  Are you saying that the Bills have played an easier schedule in their last 7 games than the 49ers have played in their last 7?  Because last I checked 53-45 is better than 42-55 but maybe I’m missing some secret Pats math again.

Of the 31 non-Bills teams, how many have played a slate with a better record than Bills opponents in their last 7?  You can can compare to 53-45 or 46-38 as a win percentage.  I haven’t looked at all the teams but the number is likely well below 10.

My Jets/fish comparison is my own, and I fully understand it is an opinion based on my own eye test.  They play each other again and they both play your Pats, so we’ll see.  I could be wrong for sure.

At the end of the day you’re just straight up wrong trying to refute someone saying the 9ers have had a soft run in their schedule by saying the Bills have as well.  It’s not close.  The point you made was 100%, unquestionably wrong and you should just own it.  

Just to kind of back up your statement, here are the current SOS rankings. The Bills come in at #3 and SF at #29. :thumbsup:

image.thumb.png.21de58c75337176612879d0606dc7f87.png

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, 4merper4mer said:

So the Jets are 14-14, by your math.  They will be the only 14 win team in NFL history that does not make the playoffs! 

• Eyeroll 1
  • Dislike 2

5 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

So the Jets are 14-14, by your math.  They will be the only 14 win team in NFL history that does not make the playoffs! 

No.  I added up the records of our opponents in our last 7 games…..which constitutes after the bye” which is something you brought up.  We played them twice.  

Removing one of those actually increases the win percentage of our opponents, so I’m not sure what you’re getting at.  That’s ok I guess because it doesn’t seem that you’re sure what you’re getting at.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Come on, just admit the CMC trade not only made sense for their team and offense, but has worked out so much that they are now the favorite or 2nd favorite to win the NFC and reach the SB.  

And my wife is a Niners fan, and while she’s hoping for a Niners VS Bills SB…this is the team I am most afraid of in the entire NFL as we match up terrible with them.  That defense is not something I want to see our OL going up against.  And I don’t want to see our D try and defend their YAC short strike offense and screen game with guys like Deebo and CMC.  

They are a team no one wants to play right now.  Best hope is after more tape, teams can exploit Purdy.  But if Purdy keeps playing like this, they are actually a better team with him than Jimmy G.

When I first predicted that they would not be favored in a majority of the remaining games, their schedule looked brutal and they had already lost to the Bears, Broncos and Falcons with upcoming games against the Rams (before their entire team got injured), Dolphins, Chargers, Chiefs, and Buccaneers (before they fell off a cliff).  They currently have a SOS ranked 24th through week 15  and play 3 below average teams to close out the regular season.  Their schedule which at one point looked tough turned out to be pretty friendly.

As for fearing the 49ers, I don’t agree.  If the Chiefs can double them up, I think the Bills can as well.  Deebo is currently injured and who knows if he will be back to 100%.  Our defense is better than all they faced except maybe the Broncos and statistically the Commanders.  The 49ers run D is the gold standard no doubt but their pass D is not as effective as they currently rank 13th in yards per game through the air.  This aligns unfavorably against Bills pass first game plan.  

Bengals, Eagles, Cheifs  are the only teams that I would be concerned about. And in that order.

1 hour ago, 4merper4mer said:

No.  I added up the records of our opponents in our last 7 games…..which constitutes after the bye” which is something you brought up.  We played them twice.  

Removing one of those actually increases the win percentage of our opponents, so I’m not sure what you’re getting at.  That’s ok I guess because it doesn’t seem that you’re sure what you’re getting at.

Bills had 6 opponents over the last 7 games.

“Ponit is” , Jets are  a 7-7 team, yet you bizarrely added their  single season total to your tally not once but twice,,grandly concluding that the Bills opponents won “53 games”. It was funny,  but obviously ridiculous.  

• Eyeroll 1

Just now, Mr. WEO said:

Bills had 6 opponents over the last 7 games.

“Ponit is” , Jets are  a 7-7 team, yet you bizarrely added their  single season total to your tally not once but twice,,grandly concluding that the Bills opponents won “53 games”. It was funny,  but obviously ridiculous.  

You can’t really be that obtuse can you?  And by obtuse I mean something else but I’m being nice.  I included the 7 losses twice as well so implying I was trying to be sneaky or something is way off. 

Over the last 7 games have the Bills or 49ers played a tougher schedule?

1 hour ago, NewEra said:

I took him off ignore for a moment to read this back and forth…..  LOL.  I’m glad I did.  Thanks.  This is hilarious.  Such a stooge

I’ll never understand why grown men on a site like this would put someone on “ignore”.

If I did that, my enjoyment here would decrease by at least 15%—-I need to read ALL the crazy, ALL the goofball stuff!  

Keep bringing it fellas!

• Eyeroll 1

7 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

You can’t really be that obtuse can you?  And by obtuse I mean something else but I’m being nice.  I included the 7 losses twice as well so implying I was trying to be sneaky or something is way off. 

yes, adding the losses twice to your totals really solidified the logic of your method.

49ers played Seahawks twice, that’s 14 win team right there, no?  But….they do have those 14 losses too.

Its a real coin flip….lol

Just now, Mr. WEO said:

yes, adding the losses twice to your totals really solidified the logic of your method.

49ers played Seahawks twice, that’s 14 win team right there, no?  But….they do have those 14 losses too.

Its a real coin flip….lol

Since the Bills bye week have the 49ers or Bills played a tougher schedule?

4 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

If you aren’t changing the argument, you aren’t trying hard enough to win it. 

• Haha (+1) 2

2 hours ago, TheWeatherMan said:

When I first predicted that they would not be favored in a majority of the remaining games, their schedule looked brutal and they had already lost to the Bears, Broncos and Falcons with upcoming games against the Rams (before their entire team got injured), Dolphins, Chargers, Chiefs, and Buccaneers (before they fell off a cliff).  They currently have a SOS ranked 24th through week 15  and play 3 below average teams to close out the regular season.  Their schedule which at one point looked tough turned out to be pretty friendly.

As for fearing the 49ers, I don’t agree.  If the Chiefs can double them up, I think the Bills can as well.  Deebo is currently injured and who knows if he will be back to 100%.  Our defense is better than all they faced except maybe the Broncos and statistically the Commanders.  The 49ers run D is the gold standard no doubt but their pass D is not as effective as they currently rank 13th in yards per game through the air.  This aligns unfavorably against Bills pass first game plan.  

Bengals, Eagles, Cheifs  are the only teams that I would be concerned about. And in that order.

Deebo will be back before the playoffs.  Im just saying your assessment was off in your original post, so rather than keep moving the goal post and trying to be right about something you were wrong about, just acknowledge the trade worked out for the 49ers.  Its not that big of a deal man, but there is no spinning this, the move worked out well for the Niners and they a tough opponent right now.  

There is though a big question mark still with the Niners no doubt in Purdy.  He has looked good, but this is before teams have any relevant film on him in the Niners offense.  We will need to see if he can still hold it together once teams have enough film to try and defend him better.  But today, I think the Niners are a lot better team than they were before they got CMC and still had Jimmy G at QB.  

• Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 1

Lots of people with their heads in the sand on this trade and the overall 49ers team. Go back through my posts, I bet them to win the SB the day after lance got hurt and Jimmy became the starter. Why? They have the best roster in the NFL (no question about it) and Jimmy has gotten them there before. Purdy is a wildcard but that team is so loaded he just needs to score 13-17 points per game and they’re winning. 

CMC made this offense almost unstoppable in key moments. They can run it whenever the hell they want or swing it to him or Deebo and they’ve got Aiyuk and Kittle in the seams. Everyone of them has monster YAC ability too. Also let’s get real, they have 1 tough game in the NFC playoffs at Philly and no one is built better to beat that team on the road and do you trust Hurts to come up big in the playoffs? Not me. Once they get to the SB, I trust their coaching staff to come up with ways to score points and then get stops too. With Bosa being the best in the league, they’re going to wreak havoc. As running QBs, Mahomes and Allen present the biggest problems in the SB but at some point our OL will crash and josh will get strip sacked in a key moment. Our d can’t tackle either so they’re the worst possible matchup for us. The thing is I think Cincinnati is going to the SB and burrow can’t run so they’ll be fine. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Dislike 1

On 10/20/2022 at 11:24 PM, 78thealltimegreat said:

Thank God! The guy is washed good player when he’s healthy but on IR for half the year 

Washed

14 minutes ago, BeavercreekBillsFan said:

Lots of people with their heads in the sand on this trade and the overall 49ers team. Go back through my posts, I bet them to win the SB the day after lance got hurt and Jimmy became the starter. Why? They have the best roster in the NFL (no question about it) and Jimmy has gotten them there before. Purdy is a wildcard but that team is so loaded he just needs to score 13-17 points per game and they’re winning. 

CMC made this offense almost unstoppable in key moments. They can run it whenever the hell they want or swing it to him or Deebo and they’ve got Aiyuk and Kittle in the seams. Everyone of them has monster YAC ability too. Also let’s get real, they have 1 tough game in the NFC playoffs at Philly and no one is built better to beat that team on the road and do you trust Hurts to come up big in the playoffs? Not me. Once they get to the SB, I trust their coaching staff to come up with ways to score points and then get stops too. With Bosa being the best in the league, they’re going to wreak havoc. As running QBs, Mahomes and Allen present the biggest problems in the SB but at some point our OL will crash and josh will get strip sacked in a key moment. Our d can’t tackle either so they’re the worst possible matchup for us. The thing is I think Cincinnati is going to the SB and burrow can’t run so they’ll be fine. 

13-17 ad long as they aren't playing the Chiefs.  I want to see if Purdy falters, otherwise I've got them representing the NFC over the eagles or cowboys.

2 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

acknowledge the trade worked out for the 49ers

He needs to stay healthy (something he hasn't been able to do) and help the team win playoff games. If he goes down and the 49ers dealt 4 draft picks for a handful of regular season wins, then the trade is a disaster.

• Thank you (+1) 1

38 minutes ago, BeavercreekBillsFan said:

Once they get to the SB, I trust their coaching staff to come up with ways to score points and then get stops too. With Bosa being the best in the league, they’re going to wreak havoc. As running QBs, Mahomes and Allen present the biggest problems in the SB but at some point our OL will crash and josh will get strip sacked in a key moment. Our d can’t tackle either so they’re the worst possible matchup for us. The thing is I think Cincinnati is going to the SB and burrow can’t run so they’ll be fine. 

Nah. Josh hangs 30 on them in the Super Bowl. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, 4merper4mer said:

It doesn't matter if you base it off of the whole year, since the Bills bye, since the 49ers bye or just last week, Buffalo has had the tougher schedule. The 49ers have played 3 games against teams that currently have winning records, 2 against .500 teams & 9 against teams currently with losing records. 3 of their 4 losses came against teams with losing records.

The Bills have played 5 games against teams that currently have winning records, 5 against .500 teams & only 4 games against teams currently with losing records. All 3 losses came against teams that currently have at least a .500 record.

• Thank you (+1) 1

54 minutes ago, Bob Chandler's Hands said:

Nah. Josh hangs 30 on them in the Super Bowl. 

How exactly? Who is blocking Bosa? They only need to rush 4 and double Diggs. We have no other legit true options. Josh would have to literally be Superman. On the flip side, do you trust our defense to get stops? We let Mostert run all over us, what do you think CMC would do? We can’t tackle so what do you think their YAC machine would do to us? You couldn’t create a worse matchup in a lab for us to play against. 

• Haha (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, BeavercreekBillsFan said:

How exactly? Who is blocking Bosa? They only need to rush 4 and double Diggs. We have no other legit true options. Josh would have to literally be Superman. On the flip side, do you trust our defense to get stops? We let Mostert run all over us, what do you think CMC would do? We can’t tackle so what do you think their YAC machine would do to us? You couldn’t create a worse matchup in a lab for us to play against. 

You’re right.  Luckily Josh IS Superman.  So we’re good.  

• Thank you (+1) 2

1 hour ago, BeavercreekBillsFan said:

Lol. Brock Purdy. Bring him on. 

• Agree 1

Yes Bosa leads the league with 15.5 sacks, but you're sitting here acting like we're nothing and played no one. When in reality San Frans gaudy numbers are based on playing a bunch of nobodies.

* Number of games played against teams .500 or better SF - 5, Bills - 10.

* Number of games against top 10 offenses SF - 2, both at home, record 1-1. Bills - 5, 3 on the road, record 4-1.

* Number of games against top 5 defenses SF - 2(Den, Bucs), 1 at home, record 1-1. Bills - 4, 3 on the road, record 3-1.

* Getting back to Bosa and his 15.5 sacks. Buffalo has played against the

2nd place(14.5 sacks), the 3rd(13.5), all 3 guys tied for 7th(11.0), the guy tied for 10th(10.5) & the guy tied for 12th(10.0). We actually played the 2nd and 10th place guys in the same game, oh the horror!!! You may ask yourself, self what was our record against these great pass rushers....5-1

* Yes they have CMC and he is a really good RB, but we've played the 2nd, 3rd, 6th, 11th, 13th, 14th & 15th runners. Again you might find yourself asking what was are record against these fine young runners.....6-1.

* Also during your little rant you forgot to mention they're playing an untested rookie QB, who now has a few games of game film on him. 

* We have played a tough schedule this year, against really good players and teams, while key players have been out left and right. Josh had to battle through 4 games with an elbow injury, we even lost a home game to a snowstorm. We're the most battle tested Bills team since the 90s, maybe even before that and through it all we're still sitting at 11-3.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, BeavercreekBillsFan said:

Are you so afraid that you’re becoming a 49ers fan?  One could draw that conclusion from your unsubstantiated gush fest like a teenage girl at a boy band concert.  

• Haha (+1) 4

10 hours ago, CoudyBills said:

Washed

13-17 ad long as they aren't playing the Chiefs.  I want to see if Purdy falters, otherwise I've got them representing the NFC over the eagles or cowboys.

I disagree. The chiefs dismantled the in SF. 

bills are a similar team. We destroyed them a couple years ago. I think we could do it again. 

SF weakness is going against explosive offenses

2 hours ago, VaMilBill said:

SF weakness is going against explosive offenses

Exactly this. Their defense is not that different conceptually and schematically than the Bills. They want to make teams play perfect football to move the ball on them and then get pressure with their front 4 to make that really difficult. As soon as you are behind the sticks they wanna get you off the field. They have been slightly better than the Bills on 3rd down this year (been a strength of the Bills in previous years but hurt by the defensive injuries in 2022). The 9ers are 11th in 3rd down defense the Bills are 17th. 

The weakness of those schemes is when despite their best efforts to keep things infront of them and make you nickel and dime you can hit the explosive play. That was how we beat them in 2020 when Josh was 9.4 yards per attempt. Different secondary now and different DC but that is still their weakness on an otherwise excellent defense. 

12 hours ago, QCity said:

He needs to stay healthy (something he hasn't been able to do) and help the team win playoff games. If he goes down and the 49ers dealt 4 draft picks for a handful of regular season wins, then the trade is a disaster.

I don’t believe he was ever that banged up the last couple years. I think he just didn’t want to come back and play for a crappy team and get himself killed. On the 49ers he is not the focus for the D, that would be Kittle and Debo. What CMC does is make them a 3 headed monster. Luckily for everyone else they don’t have a truly good QB… watch they sign Brady in the off-season lol. (Yes Brady has lost a step but he is smarter and better still than more than 1/2 the NFL QBs and he wouldn’t have to put the team in his shoulders more than maybe once or twice in the year.)

11 hours ago, LOVEMESOMEBILLS said:

Yes Bosa leads the league with 15.5 sacks, but you're sitting here acting like we're nothing and played no one. When in reality San Frans gaudy numbers are based on playing a bunch of nobodies.

* Number of games played against teams .500 or better SF - 5, Bills - 10.

* Number of games against top 10 offenses SF - 2, both at home, record 1-1. Bills - 5, 3 on the road, record 4-1.

* Number of games against top 5 defenses SF - 2(Den, Bucs), 1 at home, record 1-1. Bills - 4, 3 on the road, record 3-1.

* Getting back to Bosa and his 15.5 sacks. Buffalo has played against the

2nd place(14.5 sacks), the 3rd(13.5), all 3 guys tied for 7th(11.0), the guy tied for 10th(10.5) & the guy tied for 12th(10.0). We actually played the 2nd and 10th place guys in the same game, oh the horror!!! You may ask yourself, self what was our record against these great pass rushers....5-1

* Yes they have CMC and he is a really good RB, but we've played the 2nd, 3rd, 6th, 11th, 13th, 14th & 15th runners. Again you might find yourself asking what was are record against these fine young runners.....6-1.

* Also during your little rant you forgot to mention they're playing an untested rookie QB, who now has a few games of game film on him. 

* We have played a tough schedule this year, against really good players and teams, while key players have been out left and right. Josh had to battle through 4 games with an elbow injury, we even lost a home game to a snowstorm. We're the most battle tested Bills team since the 90s, maybe even before that and through it all we're still sitting at 11-3.

These are all great stats but they’re just that, stats. Stats will also tell you we have a pretty good defense but my eyes tell me in clutch situations they’re going to falter. I base that off Von being injured and Frazier not being good of course. Agree the 49ers schedule has been easy and that’s part of why I liked them as a bet with good value. Maybe it’s just 30+ years off watching the bills crumble that’s got me worried too, who knows. I just think the best roster will win out. Hopefully I’m wrong though and josh carries us all the way. 

10 hours ago, TheWeatherMan said:

Are you so afraid that you’re becoming a 49ers fan?  One could draw that conclusion from your unsubstantiated gush fest like a teenage girl at a boy band concert.  

I can hear the "squeeeeeeee" for SF in his posts.

• Haha (+1) 1

These are all great stats but they’re just that, stats. Stats will also tell you we have a pretty good defense but my eyes tell me in clutch situations they’re going to falter. I base that off Von being injured and Frazier not being good of course. Agree the 49ers schedule has been easy and that’s part of why I liked them as a bet with good value. Maybe it’s just 30+ years off watching the bills crumble that’s got me worried too, who knows. I just think the best roster will win out. Hopefully I’m wrong though and josh carries us all the way. 

The best roster is Buffalo's because of the QB position. It's not just that there's a advantage at QB, but it's by far the biggest mismatch on paper between the 2 teams and at the most important position in all of sports.

Purdy is doing well now being an unknown and having a great offensive mind as head coach to guide him through this time, but as he continues to play defenses will be able to identify his tendencies, what he does well at and what he struggles with. I have a hard time believing this will continue into the playoffs, history tells us it won't. After 30 years you should know that with rookie QBs, regular season success very rarely translates to postseason success.

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.