Kelce restructures contract

Dablitzkrieg

2 minutes ago, phypon said:

OBJ? CMC?  *cringe*

Yeah this feels like a prelude to a big move.  I doubt it is OBJ.  Too much risk and he only complements what they have.  CMC is really not necessary in their system.  They have all the backs they need.  What they need is a stretch the field WR.  Who could that be?  Who is unhappy on their team and wants a change of scenery?

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, wjag said:

Yeah this feels like a prelude to a big move.  I doubt it is OBJ.  Too much risk and he only complements what they have.  CMC is really not necessary in their system.  They have all the backs they need.  What they need is a stretch the field WR.  Who could that be?  Who is unhappy on their team and wants a change of scenery?

Odell Beckham can't stretch the field?

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, 2020 Our Year For Sure said:

Odell Beckham can't stretch the field?

Not any more and not on a just recently healed ACL.  My guess is he would be used like the Rams used him.   A 10-15 yard possession receiver.

Edit:  I just looked up his stats on the Rams.  8 games, 7 played, 27 receptions 305 yards, 5 TDS and a 11.3 yards per catch average

Edited by wjag

4 minutes ago, colin said:

could it be for a db?  they've been banged up in the back end, perhaps some of the injury recovery times have gotten longer?

Actually this would make a lot of sense to me.  Buffalo just smoked their secondary and the two guys they have coming back are a rookie and Fenton.  They need help especially in the pass happy division they play in.

Edited by wjag
  • Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Boyst62 said:

every talking head check mark says this is for OBJ or Brian Burns. 

OBJ: Of course they will.  Their knowledge is cue card deep.

Burns:  Interesting. Fire sale going on in Carolina

Edited by wjag

12 minutes ago, wjag said:

All of their backs are jags. I’d take motor over all the chiefs backs.  CMC would be a great for them. Major upgrade.  

6 minutes ago, Boyst62 said:

every talking head check mark says this is for OBJ or Brian Burns. 

Why’d you have to mention Burns-  that would suck in a big way

3 minutes ago, BuffaloRebound said:

Burns?  Carolina would be complete fools to trade Burns.  And if they did do that, it’d have to be multiple first round picks.  

And if the chiefs traded multiple firsts for him, they’d be smart.

• Disagree 2

5 minutes ago, BuffaloRebound said:

Burns?  Carolina would be complete fools to trade Burns.  And if they did do that, it’d have to be multiple first round picks.  

3 minutes ago, NewEra said:

All of their backs are jags. I’d take motor over all the chiefs backs.  CMC would be a great for them. Major upgrade.  

Why’d you have to mention Burns-  that would suck in a big way

And if the chiefs traded multiple firsts for him, they’d be smart.

i don't think Carolina trades him for less than a few firsts. 

He's on his rookie deal right now with his 5th year option in 2023.

It would be insane to trade him unless they somehow ALREADY know they won't be re-signing him. But they have the cap space to do it and they have motivation to do it. The guy was a 1st round pick and has not shown character issues.

Terrible moves if they trade him.

He is 24 years old.

image.thumb.png.ccdc3bbd1eec77130c39ce2f6d6f26c9.png

• Agree 1

I could see it being a trade for Burns, although that would be PRICEY.

I do think they saw that they got away with blitzing Allen for a half, but once we made adjustments they got burnt.  They don't have the horses to run with Jones to get consistent pressure. 

You guys are way too dramatic about this. Most likely this was a must for them to just survive the season cap wise.

Sportrac has them 300k over the cap. Official NFLPA source has them only 450k under the cap. 

They just have a very tight cap situation. Every elevation for game day costs cap space. Every player signed instead of injured player costs caps space. So most likely they just needed to convert something just to be able to fit under cap this season.

Edited by No_Matter_What
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Shocked 1
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Amari Copper has been a disappointment in Cleveland and the wheels are about to fall off the franchise in Cleveland again. They have been calling for HC to be fired for three weeks now.  Teller hurt calf last week.  Their season was lost when Watson was suspended.  I could see Cleveland letting Cooper go for a 2nd and 4th to try and add draft picks for 2023.  

15 minutes ago, Boyst62 said:

i don't think Carolina trades him for less than a few firsts. 

He's on his rookie deal right now with his 5th year option in 2023.

It would be insane to trade him unless they somehow ALREADY know they won't be re-signing him. But they have the cap space to do it and they have motivation to do it. The guy was a 1st round pick and has not shown character issues.

Terrible moves if they trade him.

He is 24 years old.

image.thumb.png.ccdc3bbd1eec77130c39ce2f6d6f26c9.png

I agree it’s a terrible move if they trade him….. but you’re operating under the belief that he would sign with Carolina.  If I were him, I’d test the market.  

2 minutes ago, Solomon Grundy said:

I'd take McKinnon over Motor. Same type RB, but McKinnon has more burst. 

I don’t doubt that.  You know less about running backs than I gave you credit for.  Motor is twice the back mckinnon is.  

more burst- lol. 🙄 I bet you’d take Dri Archer over him too. 

10 minutes ago, NewEra said:

I agree it’s a terrible move if they trade him….. but you’re operating under the belief that he would sign with Carolina.  If I were him, I’d test the market.  

I don’t doubt that.  You know less about running backs than I gave you credit for.  Motor is twice the back mckinnon is.  

more burst- lol. 🙄 I bet you’d take Dri Archer over him too. 

Ummm... Breece Hall says HI😎

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.