MNF- Raiders @ Chiefs 10-10-22

T&C

Just now, Scott7975 said:

You cant land with your full bodyweight on a QB and he did.  

When tackling a passer who is in a defenseless posture (e.g., during or just after throwing a pass), a defensive player must not unnecessarily or violently throw him down or land on top of him with all or most of the defender’s weight. Instead, the defensive player must strive to wrap up the passer with the defensive player’s arms and not land on the passer with all or most of his body weight.

But he used one arm to some how meaningfully stop that, even though it was basically fully extended by the time he already landed on him.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, CincyBillsFan said:

Keep it up KC fans.  Boo this sorry excuse for a refereeing crew the entire 2nd half.  These scum bags are going to kill the game of football.  The NFL and he refs need to fix this NOW.

"Scum bags" Get a grip... It was a marginal call at best. He put his full weight on the QB... You obvious have other problems that need attention..  

Just now, BigDingus said:

The Raiders have already had their drives extended 3 times from penalties (automatic 1st downs), and now an overturned turnover. 

Even if it was that ONE call alone, that's still proof Chiefs don't get "all the calls."

I thought the pass interference calls were correct. My point is the roughing the passer call doesn’t mean KC has been getting screwed all night. 

The Raiders outplayed them in the first half, they deserve to be winning the game. 

On the roughing the passer call...meh...I don't like the rule to but that's what it is. He landed with his bodyweight on him, been a rule for a while now. Not sure what Jones is supposed to do in that situation but they called it right based on how it's written.

3 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

So Chris Jones while moving with speed and hitting Carr and going to the ground on top of him caught his full weight with one arm?

He caught the ball with one hand, and held up part of his weight with the other. 

If the rule is that a player can't put his full weight into a QB, then holding up part of your weight should be enough to avoid the penalty. 

• Agree 1

Just now, Scott7975 said:

You cant land with your full bodyweight on a QB and he did.  

When tackling a passer who is in a defenseless posture (e.g., during or just after throwing a pass), a defensive player must not unnecessarily or violently throw him down or land on top of him with all or most of the defender’s weight. Instead, the defensive player must strive to wrap up the passer with the defensive player’s arms and not land on the passer with all or most of his body weight.

The problem with your reasoning is that Jones had the football in his hand. The only way he could soften the blow and not land full weight on Carr was to drop the ball and spread his arms out.  Last time I checked that would have been a fumble by Jones. 

The refs should have huddled and once it was known that Jones had the ball in his hand waved off the flag.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

6 minutes ago, Ralonzo said:

I can't really sympathize with that stadium losing their damn minds over a call that maybe cost them 3 points.

Let it go, already. You're still about 10,000 bad calls against from being even for the past few years. So shut up.

3-7 points depending if they got a TD or field goal, and allowed the raiders to get a field goal.

So It was a 6-10 point swing.

If this happened to the bills, let's call a spade a spade, we would be livid lol

2 minutes ago, Ross Murdock said:

"Scum bags" Get a grip... It was a marginal call at best. He put his full weight on the QB... You obvious have other problems that need attention..  

He had the football in his hands. How do you suggest he avoid landing on Carr while maintaining possession of the ball?  Levitate using telekinesis?

1 minute ago, CincyBillsFan said:

The problem with your reasoning is that Jones had the football in his hand. The only way he could soften the blow and not land full weight on Carr was to drop the ball and spread his arms out.  Last time I checked that would have been a fumble by Jones. 

The refs should have huddled and once it was known that Jones had the ball in his hand waved off the flag.

The rule does not allow for "but he had the ball in his hand."  The rule is pretty clear.  As I said earlier, I think the rule is crap but its the rule none the less.

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, Motorin' said:

He caught the ball with one hand, and held up part of his weight with the other. 

If the rule is that a player can't put his full weight into a QB, then holding up part of your weight should be enough to avoid the penalty. 

Yeah, he changed focus and it cost him, that one arm didn't do much of anything.

1 minute ago, TFBillsfan said:

Hopefully the NFL makes some corrections after the Brady and Carr roughing the passer penalties. 

Brady and Carr AND ALLEN roughing the passer penalties

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, TFBillsfan said:

Hopefully the NFL makes some corrections after the Brady and Carr roughing the passer penalties. 

The crowd booed for a solid 10 to 15 minutes!  And they may not be done yet.

This will get a lot of air play around the league this week.

Impressions …. 

Chief’s offense is good to crazy good, week to week.

Chief’s defense isn’t scary good.   It may not be good.

If the Raiders put up 20 in 30 minutes, the Bills should score early and often.

”On any given week” acknowledged, I like our chances against this particular version of the Chiefs.

How does a dollars billion industry fail to get refereeing correct, game to week to season  …. rouging the passer?

I’d not travel to that stadium to see a football game if you gave me club seats with Ingrid Bergman, 1945 version.  Ingrid, not the stadium.

Someone, earlier, called the Chiefs boring.   I’d not say boring, but the gadgetry leaves me unj-satiated.

Poyer, Phillips, Edmunds healthy … I like our chances.   Knox, McKenzie, Gabe … i really like our chances.

Short week, grateful.    We’ve suffered some schedule quirks.   

5 minutes ago, Motorin' said:

It says "all or most."  His one arm is not stopping all that body weight.  Probably not much of it at all.  They essentially want you to turn with the body or land only partially on top.  Thats a call anytime a full body lands on top of a QB.

Edited by Scott7975

3 minutes ago, BillsFan130 said:

3-7 points depending if they got a TD or field goal, and allowed the raiders to get a field goal.

So It was a 6-10 point swing.

If this happened to the bills, let's call a spade a spade, we would be livid lol

It happened to us for 20 years with Brady in the division. If they lose they will blame that call, but they were already losing.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.