NFL Week #2 9/18/2022 - Post Game Thread - Titans at Bills

BuffaloBill

8 minutes ago, chongli said:

Yep, the Tennessee fans are already calling for the Malik Willis era to begin. Many are saying both he and Henry are done.

I know they won't face many defenses like ours but Willis looked like a boy trying to play a man's game at time in the fourth - and that was against our back ups. He will be in IR by the end of his first full game unless they can strengthen the OL.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, LEBills said:

His delivery is a bit dry, but nice context into how our start compares to the history of the NFL

Meanwhile on that southern AFC East forum...

I'm not willing to crown the Bills until they play a decent team tbh.

Edited by Ralonzo
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, wjag said:

Didn't realize Bud Dupree got injured.  You would think a loss of that significance would make it to the broadcast.  Unless it did and I just didn't catch it.  Dupree and next week's Melvin Ingram are significant rushing problems for the Bills.

If they can neutralize Aaron Donald, they can neutralize any pass rush. 

2 hours ago, RiotAct said:

For those of you who watched on TV, how bad was the “simulcast” with the Eagles-Vikings game?   Did they do it sparingly, or was it a split screen basically nonstop starting at 8:30?

It wasnt constant.  It was annoying as hell though.  They did it on all three channels too I think.  One time they did a split screen to show a coach gabbing on his headset... and it was just a damn kick off for them.  I dont like it at all and hope I never have to deal with that crap again.

2 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

I'll be honest, I thought the play was just a genius drawn up fake.

• Disagree 1
  • Agree 4

Just want to mention that I think this Buffalo Bills team is pretty good at Football.  The first 6 weeks schedule is brutal with @Dolphins; Ravens; Steelers; @Chiefs the next 4 after the @Rams and Titans.  While the Bills are losing players to injury; the depth is really good. I am looking forward to seeing a player like Jaquan Johnson get his chance in front of a hometown crowd under extreme stress (Hill, Waddle, etc)..and to see the rookie corners develop.  This depth might be just crazy by the end of the year.

I am trying not to be too optimistic but this team is making it difficult.

• Agree 2

57 minutes ago, UKBillFan said:

I agree, but we don't always have to line up in shotgun. We seem allergic to the sneak.

We don't. But if we never line up behind center unless its to run/pick up short to mid yardage, we don't give ourselves much of a chance. 

As with anything it is one of the drawbacks of the way we run our high powered offense. I guess we could be more like Tennessee.....hahaha

• Haha (+1) 1

7 hours ago, BritBill said:

So tired this morning. I went down the stay awake until kick off route and then a couple of hours sleep after but it's so hard to nod off when you have the adrenalin from watching this team win run through your veins. Even with the game being a non-event from the latter part of the third quarter. Forty minutes until my dinner (break) and I'm working from home so a power nap is in order.

Another all round performance. Loved seeing the STs getting involved. Can anybody help me with something please? What's a "punt"? I think that's what it's called. We did it 3 times last night and it confused me 😆

Roll on the Lolphins and a 6pm kick off. 

It might be a sign of my age, but my method in the European time zone is to go to sleep at 9pm and set the alarm for 2am for night games. Then I can skip the commercials for a while and catch up to the live broadcast by the second quarter :)

Hard to sleep after a Bills game, win or lose. 

• Like (+1) 2

27 minutes ago, JoeF said:

Just want to mention that I think this Buffalo Bills team is pretty good at Football.  The first 6 weeks schedule is brutal with @Dolphins; Ravens; Steelers; @Chiefs the next 4 after the @Rams and Titans.  While the Bills are losing players to injury; the depth is really good. I am looking forward to seeing a player like Jaquan Johnson get his chance in front of a hometown crowd under extreme stress (Hill, Waddle, etc)..and to see the rookie corners develop.  This depth might be just crazy by the end of the year.

I am trying not to be too optimistic but this team is making it difficult.

Dolphins, Ravens and Steelers are all hugely flawed.  We’ll need to play well, no doubt, but after seeing the Bills open up a can of whoop-ass on the Rams and Titans I think we win those 3 games.

1 hour ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

Two very minor and under rated takeaways.

1) Oh yeah, Jake Kumerow, a special teams ace, can also play WR when needed in a pinch.

2) In his second career game (yes garbage time and 1 big play), James Cook led all players on the field in rushing...nice confidence builder.

Just did a Kumerow search to see if anyone gave him some credit--good call.  

Relatedly, there has been a lot of discussion about Beane's focus in the draft and FA related to D vs O, CB vs WR, OL vs DL.  I don't think there is a right answer, though I'm a "D wins championships" guy.  The run D was a weak link and the lack of depth at CB hurt them last year, so I'm glad they addressed both, AND then adding the closer in Miller. I'm sure focusing on OL and WR would make this O even more unstoppable, but I think having Josh makes up for not adding another dynamic WR and middle of the shelf OL. The related part, even a JAG like Kumerow makes plays in this O. 

• Like (+1) 1

40 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

I'll be honest, I thought the play was just a genius drawn up fake.

Hundred percent.  That play was drawn up and practiced.

It's great to have a QB who can make not only every throw in the book, but also a few that aren't. 

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, Ray Stonada said:

It might be a sign of my age, but my method in the European time zone is to go to sleep at 9pm and set the alarm for 2am for night games. Then I can skip the commercials for a while and catch up to the live broadcast by the second quarter :)

Hard to sleep after a Bills game, win or lose. 

Yeah, I usually do something similar (UK being one hour in behind mainland Europe). So sleep at 10pm for 3 hours before then awake for 1:15am kick off. 

Last night was a 12:15am kick off so the one less hour came into it. I just stayed awake until kick off. Tuesday morning is an early start (6am). 

At least it’s the last one for a while. I think the next few are 6pm kick offs and even a 9:25pm for the Chiefs game. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Warcodered said:

How nervous were you when they took out there starters in the 3rd quarter then?

Dude. It was wild!

I didn't put much down, so I am not going to pretend I am some crazy gambler rolling in dough. I was visiting with my grandfather and we were just sort of messing around. It paid out 9-1, so we will get a nice dinner. But it isn't like I am risking anything real. 

I try and find something I feel good about (and reasonable) outside of the Bills to keep me engaged. Then I will take some stupid prop bet on the Bills. More often than not my dumb bet and my smart bet cancel each other out.  

I don't make $400k per year. 

2 hours ago, Solomon Grundy said:

Imagine Henry toting the rock in the Bills offense 😎

TBH, I think that may be a lot of Tennessee's problem.  To my eyes, Henry just doesn't have the same burst that he had before the broken bone in his foot.  Whether that's because he came back too early, or because it's lingering and he had to take time off to rehab off-season and couldn't train as he usually does - or whether, at close to age 29, he's just fallen off that "RB cliff", dunno

I will say Tennessee's OL appears to be doing them no favors.

The Bills are beating teams like Alabama beats some random cupcake week one in college football...except the Bills are doing it in the NFL...against the defending SB Champs on the road and last year's #1 seed in the AFC and against 2 good coaches.

It's just crazy.

• Like (+1) 2

Thought James Cook looked really good late in the game.  He, at least, showed the speed he’s capable of.  He also ran between the tackles to get that on tape.  

Khalil Shakir looked rough.  Not going to get on him for not making any plays, as Keenum and backups were in during garbage time looking like they were just trying to get the game over with.  That said.. he looked completely confused during a couple of the snaps with Allen.  

Benford looks like a stud out there.  He even has Richard Sherman tweeting about him.   

Elam also looked solid.   Needless to say, massive test for the rookie corners against Hill/Waddle this weekend. 

Rousseau & Edmunds look like they may be making that jump…

OL pass pro looks phenomenal through two games.  

• Like (+1) 3

4 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Thought James Cook looked really good late in the game.  He, at least, showed the speed he’s capable of.  He also ran between the tackles to get that on tape.  

Khalil Shakir looked rough.  Not going to get on him for not making any plays, as Keenum and backups were in during garbage time looking like they were just trying to get the game over with.  That said.. he looked completely confused during a couple of the snaps with Allen.  

Benford looks like a stud out there.  He even has Richard Sherman tweeting about him.   

Elam also looked solid.   Needless to say, massive test for the rookie corners against Hill/Waddle this weekend. 

Shakir really did look like a deer in headlights 

1 hour ago, BRH said:

Hundred percent.  That play was drawn up and practiced.

It's great to have a QB who can make not only every throw in the book, but also a few that aren't. 

I wonder if we’re gonna see Bills on big brain football again because they saw something. 

Watching the replay here... there was a point with 12 minutes left in the 2nd quarter where it was a 7-7 games and the Titans had crossed midfield on a drive. Milano drew a face mask on the guard (he would have made the play on the screen pass), and disrupted a couple more plays to force the punt. I think he gets the defensive MVP even without the pick-6.

Defense really was the standout unit more so than offense last night. Special teams too, really. But, most of the problems on offense were just Dabolling the short-yardage opportunities. The offense will always move because there is an answer for every defense that can be thrown at them at this point. They're too multiple, starting with the triple threat QB (pass, run, broken plays). That the O missed a fair number of opportunities and still effectively ended the competitive portion of the game by the middle of the 3rd quarter was just awesome. There's just this sense of a fuse burning down every time they're on the field. They will go off, just a matter of when.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

29 minutes ago, Bills!Win! said:

To me the highlight of the game was Marv Levy walking onto the field at 97 years old and pumping up the crowd. We all knew Kelly was the legend of the game but Marv Levy was unannounced. The place erupted when we he came out. It was then that the whole place knew we had won. 

I thought the coolest part was when Marv started to speak… the entire place went hush. It was unbelievable. 

59 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Cook was our leading rusher last night 

Cook 11 carries/53 yards and used his speed to rip off a long 38 yard run - 4.8 yd average

Motor 6 carries/19 yards - 3.2 yd average

Moss 3 carries/17 yards - 5.7 average

Need to start giving Moss's carries to Cook

Edited by JakeFrommStateFarm

2 minutes ago, JakeFrommStateFarm said:

Cook was our leading rusher last night 

Cook 11 carries/53 yards and used his speed to rip off a long 30 yard run - 4.8 yd average

Motor 6 carries/19 yards - 3.2 yd average

Moss 3 carries/17 yards - 5.7 average

Need to start giving Moss's carries to Cook

To be fair he got going at the end of the game when starters were out on both teams.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.