Ozzy - HalfTime Act

First Round Bust

Ozzy is to perform at halftime...according to classic rock (The Home Of High Voltage Rock'N'Roll ).

Fans in the stadium will be treated to a multi-song medley on the eve of the release of Ozzy's new Patient Number 9 album

Fans watching at home on NBC and Peacock will be shown a portion of the performance during the halftime interval.

the linky mentions the Raiders instead of Rams, the article originally did as well, has been corrected...must have been written or approved by Ozzy...

keep on rockin in the corporate world..

https://www.loudersound.com/news/ozzy-osbourne-to-perform-half-time-set-at-la-raiders-vs-buffalo-bills?utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_campaign=socialflow&utm_content=classic-rock&fbclid=IwAR1S8g9Dzn8Lo7DS3sZLQ6tpLlxrG1Ax0lCN69tSC211ucKJrtGhHzvSuoU

Edited by First Round Bust
update

I’m a musician and grew up in the era of ‘classic rock’, but can we please just move on? Enough already with these 70-something relic rock acts and this worn out 70’s music. If I never hear Hotel California or More Than a Feeling again I’m fine with it.  

• Like (+1) 3
  • Vomit 2
  • Eyeroll 2
  • Sad 1
  • Shocked 1
  • Disagree 3
  • Agree 3
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 4

Didn’t this guy just move overseas because “America is ******* crazy”?

Cool.. I’ll spend halftime checking out the stadium.  Not trying to hear songs from before I was born by a washed up rocker with the corporate-acceptable edgy opinions. 

• Like (+1) 5
  • Haha (+1) 3
  • Dislike 1

2 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Didn’t this guy just move overseas because “America is ******* crazy”?

Cool.. I’ll spend halftime checking out the stadium.  Not trying to hear songs from before I was born by a washed up rocker with the corporate-acceptable edgy opinions. 

First they said because of the high taxes but their PR team quickly changed it to "too many guns." More politically acceptable reason to flee California apparently (even though that state has the strictest gun laws in the country) and I could probably think of a million other reasons to leave but that's the one they landed on. But glad to see he's sticking around long enough to get another pay day. I'll be utilizing the facilities at halftime 

• Like (+1) 7
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, DallasBillsFan1 said:

Thought I just read he was back in England.  He did not look well.  I think he just did a live performance with Tony Iommi ... Ozzy needed a guard rail around him to stand straight.  I hope he does play, he is awesome.

He's moving back to England sometime in January.

22 minutes ago, SoMAn said:

I’m a musician and grew up in the era of ‘classic rock’, but can we please just move on? Enough already with these 70-something relic rock acts and this worn out 70’s music. If I never hear Hotel California or More Than a Feeling again I’m fine with it.  

Eh... Sabbath music, up to and including Sabotage is pretty excellent... not in the same world as eagles/boston. I'll check it out for sure, even if he's hanging on to a guard rail.

The crap "music" they are putting out nowadays sucks, it's just horrible.

• Like (+1) 6
  • Agree 6
  • Thank you (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

7 minutes ago, T&C said:

Eh... Sabbath music, up to and including Sabotage is pretty excellent... not in the same world as eagles/boston. I'll check it out for sure, even if he's hanging on to a guard rail.

War Pigs is one of my favorite tracks ever. Truly fantastic.

• Like (+1) 11
  • Thank you (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, T&C said:

Years ago, Ozzie was on a TV commercial where he says "What's a Bieber?"  Today's music pure garbage

• Like (+1) 6

Just now, T&C said:

I agree There’s a lot of crap today, but lots of good music too. You just have to dig a little deeper than what’s on mainstream airwaves. Plenty of great indie acts in every genre. 
My beef with ‘classic rock’ radio is the nonstop playing of the same tired songs for over 40 years. The Stones (for example) have released multiple studio LPs in 50 years, but you’ll never hear anything beyond 5 or 6 of those tracks. 
It’s the same with Sabbath, Floyd, The Who, Zep, Skynyrd, etc. They get about 5-6 songs each. 
But yeah, pump Ozzy up with whatever they give to you know who, push him towards center stage and let him belt out a $hittier version of Crazy Train or Paranoid.  I’ll be in the loo taking a piss. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3
  • Dislike 1

8 minutes ago, SoMAn said:

I agree There’s a lot of crap today, but lots of good music too. You just have to dig a little deeper than what’s on mainstream airwaves. Plenty of great indie acts in every genre. 
My beef with ‘classic rock’ radio is the nonstop playing of the same tired songs for over 40 years. The Stones (for example) have released multiple studio LPs in 50 years, but you’ll never hear anything beyond 5 or 6 of those tracks. 
It’s the same with Sabbath, Floyd, The Who, Zep, Skynyrd, etc. They get about 5-6 songs each. 
But yeah, pump Ozzy up with whatever they give to you know who, push him towards center stage and let him belt out a $hittier version of Crazy Train or Paranoid.  I’ll be in the loo taking a piss. 

Yeah, the classic rock stations just play the same ***** over and over. Finding a station with deep cuts is better or a college station. We have 88.5 here and they are pretty diverse. 

The last Great Sabbath Lp... with no hits lol.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, T&C said:

Yeah, the classic rock stations just play the same ***** over and over. Finding a station with deep cuts is better or a college station. We have 88.5 here and they are pretty diverse. 

My favorite Sabbath album.  I even dig the awful cover 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Pete said:

My favorite Sabbath album.  I even dig the awful cover 

Sabotage's front cover art has garnered mixed reactions over the years and is regarded by some as one of the worst album covers in rock history.[15] The inverted mirror concept was conceived by Graham Wright, Bill Ward's drum tech, who was also a graphic artist.[16] The band attended what they believed was a test photo shoot for the album cover, thus explaining their choice of clothing. Said Ward, "The only thing we didn't discuss was what we'd all wear on the day of the shot. Since that shoot day, the band has survived through a tirade of clothing comments and jokes that continue to this day". Ward, in fact, was wearing his wife's red tights in the photo.[6] Wright recalls in the book How Black Was Our Sabbath that the plan was for each band member to appear on the cover dressed in black and had been instructed to bring some stage clothes for preliminary photos, but when they arrived no black costumes had been laid out by the designers and "the original concept had been overruled." The designers "carried on with the shoot, explaining they would superimpose the images at a later stage and that it would look great, honest. The session was unbelievably rushed, and the outcome was far from what had been originally envisaged ... Ironically, the sleeve design that was intended to illustrate the idea of sabotage had instead become a victim of sabotage itself. By the time they saw it, it was too late to change."

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, T&C said:

So true.  They just pound the same songs into the ground.  The Stones have over 400 original songs.  In DC, you hear about 20 of them.  It's really the radio stations and their programming that's the issue.

• Agree 3

Just now, T&C said:

I’ll give it a listen. Just for perspective, when I saw Sabbath in ‘78, the opening act had some guitar slinger…Eddie Van something.  When I saw Johnny Winter in ‘74, the opening act did a killer version of The Beatles’ Helter Skelter.  The singer was some dude who looked like a lady and their only hit to date was called Dream On. 
Great memories, but still need to explore the current scene occasionally.  I have the same feeling about the red-helmeted 90s Bills. Far more excited about the current and future Bills than re-living Jimbo, Thurman, and Bruce as if they’re anything more than a ‘long time ago’  and another life away. Time to put those dusty bobble heads in a garage sale. I don’t need to be reminded of wide right and ‘almost’ anymore. Same with the endless loop of 70s classic rock. 

1 hour ago, SoMAn said:

OK I get ya on more than a feeling.....be seriously a classic like Hotel Cali???  Sheesh.....you millennial rockers leave a bit to be desired.....what about about Highway to Hell.....this will answer many questions for me......

• Agree 2

1 hour ago, Roundybout said:

After what he's put in his body, I'm pretty sure he's immortal. 

Just like Keith Richards who will outlive ALL of us!!!     ALL.  OF.  US.

6 minutes ago, BringBackFergy said:

the rolling stones somewhere-in-her-smile-she-knows GIF
“Hold my beer”

This man will outlive all of us.....he refuses to die even tho he has been on the edge a few times......you will be gone b4 him!!!

• Agree 1

57 minutes ago, T&C said:

Agree. I’m on the younger side, but I’d rather watch these guys play in a wheelchair than listen to fake computerized “music”. I’m open to all styles of music, and love to hear new stuff, but these guys will always have an audience when the mainstream pumps out trash. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

7 minutes ago, SirAndrew said:

Agree. I’m on the younger side, but I’d rather watch these guys play in a wheelchair than listen to fake computerized “music”. I’m open to all styles of music, and love to hear new stuff, but these guys will always have an audience when the mainstream pumps out trash. 

Really though, most of the best music I've ever heard comes from the 60's- 70's that had little to no airplay. I don't know if half of these new groups/acts can even play an instrument proficiently other than a tambourine.

• Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.