Preseason week 1: Colts at Bills

YoloinOhio

Did not like that throw by Keenum to Crowder. Yeah it was catchable but why are you throwing the ball high to a receiver wide open over the middle?

Throw it between his shoulders and waist so he cns catch it in stride and continue running.

That INT just never needed to happen. Yes Crowder still should have caught it but it was a crappy throw regardless for how short it was and how open he was 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, JDubya76 said:

Not the best way to make the team during a competitive camp, if that’s the case, film won’t lie.

I agree, I’m just not convinced players see the preseason the same way some fans do. Fans assume players are going all out at all times, I think that’s a bit of myth. I agree if he’s a bubble player, but I was always assuming he’s a lock to make the roster. 

6 minutes ago, Malazan said:

I was big on Crowder. I think he's a solid player derailed by injuries and on some real bad teams. He was heart and soul of the Jets 2 years ago in a miserable season, but he's not in a position to make that decision unless he was specifically told that (and I doubt he was). He's gotta come down with that even if it wasn't a great throw. 

I really like Crowder as well, I think he’s a lock to make this roster, and will be a big contributor. I certainly haven’t changed my opinion because he alligator armed a terrible pass by Keenum in the first quarter of a preseason game. 

Edited by SirAndrew
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

I’m encouraged with all the varied formations I’m seeing that we are keeping a similar Philiosphy that we have know over the past couple years..I think they have said as much with tweaks here and there.

But I’ve always said where Josh makes football fun to watch.. Keenum just kind of reminds me of Qb purgatory of the past 17 years lol 

1 minute ago, SirAndrew said:

I really like Crowder as well, I think he’s a lock to make this roster, and will be a big contributor. I certainly haven’t changed my opinion because he alligator armed a terrible pass by Keenum in the first quarter of a preseason game. 

to be clear, I haven't changed my opinion on him. I think he's making the team. I'm simply responding to the idea that Crowder made some sort of decision to not catch it to avoid a hit. He's not in a position to do that. 

Edited by Malazan
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, SirAndrew said:

I agree, I’m just not convinced players see the preseason the same way some fans do. Fans assume players are going all out at all times, I think that’s a bit of myth. I agree if he’s a bubble player, but I was always assuming he’s a lock to make the roster. 

There’s the difference, I don’t see him as a lock. Granted, I have nothing to do with Bills decision making but, I see everyone after Diggs, Davis, Lil’ Dirty and Shakir as on the bubble

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Rc2catch said:

Keenum doesn’t look very sharp. His ball placement is all over the place. Couple high ones in the end zone. High on the pick. Not a great start 

I think this is pretty  much who Keenum is. We were kind of spoiled by Trubisky’s competence as a solid number two. There aren’t many decent backups in the league. I actually think Keenum remains one of the better ones. 

Edited by SirAndrew
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, SirAndrew said:

I think this is pretty  much who Keenum is. We were kind of spoiled by Trubisky’s competence as a solid number two. There aren’t many decent backups in the league. I actually think Keenum remains one of the better ones. 

I’ve watched keenum play some decent ball. Just doesn’t look sharp today is all. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, SirAndrew said:

I'm more concerned about how healthy he will be throughout the season. He is very injury prone. 

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, OldTimer1960 said:

They HAVE to find someone better than Kumerow to backup Diggs and Davis.

Yeah his name is OBJ.  I think we might do it, and knowing how they like doing things early, to avoid a bidding war, they may do this early.  I can easily see them getting him on the building to have our trainers and doctors rehab him.  

They are 21 Red on all in for the SB.  Usually Beane is a forward thinking guy, but this might be the chips all in move that could help us tremendously in November.

I like our starting three, but OBJ is a helluva an insurance policy.

• Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.