Spotrac spitballs C. Kirk & C. Williams to Bills

Estro

It would be sweet to have Kirk in B-lo.  He’s not a true #1 but he’s a menace when somebody else has the primary coverage.  He should be a 1000 yard guy in Buffalo out of the slot.  I could see it being something like Diggs getting 90 and 1100, Kirk getting 80 and 1000 and Davis getting 70 and 900 with 12 TDs.   Davis may start commanding more catches if he can get in the groove he had rolling in the 2nd half of the year, he’s got elite speed/size combo and has shown sticky fingers, good body control, we could have Anquan Bolden in the making.  That would be a hell of a win.

So given the fact that Josh's contract will kick in in another year, Diggs will need a extension, they will need to sign Edmonds if they plan on keeping him, plus Dawkins contract, Morse contract, Resigning Knox, Extending Davis to a relevant contract, Milano money, Tre Day money, and who ever else i've forgotten .

Beane will have to be a major monetary genius to pull of signing another high priced FA & be able to keep all the other things going .

I would rather see them develop & keep who they have plus bring in others through the draft because the money is already running low that they have to do a bunch of restructuring just to make who they have work with in the cap .

Just now, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

FWIW

not every tweet needs a separate thread 

but hey.

Shite like this keep people away from the board so. Rock on dudes 

I knew there was already another thread that had discussed this. My post is in reference to the "bra" you used in yours. It immediately made me think of the movie Weird Science for some reason. :lol: :thumbsup:

• Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, sunshynman said:

I looked and didn't see anything in that topic about the couple's thang. Oh well, you wasted time looking and commenting. Got ya twice! :P

laugh all you want. 

at least I know how the search feature works. 

Just your casual Josh Allen and Christian Kirk double date yesterday

I guess I’ll go back in hiding and let the children play 

• Eyeroll 1

2 minutes ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

laugh all you want. 

at least I know how the search feature works. 

I guess I’ll go back in hiding and let the children play 

Your eyes don't work. I searched. I saw that thread. Where did that thread discuss that the couples where vacationing together? 

7 minutes ago, The Jokeman said:

I don't know why but I always thought Kirk was taller, like 6'3 range unless I'm thinking of another Arizona WR (and no I don't mean Hopkins). 

Compared to Diggs 1" shorter, 10lbs heaver, same speed. Those 2 running deep cross, pick your poison. And then Davis will thrive over the middle. 

Under/over three more threads on this “news” 

4 minutes ago, sunshynman said:

Your eyes don't work. I searched. I saw that thread. Where did that thread discuss that the couples where vacationing together? 

Compared to Diggs 1" shorter, 10lbs heaver, same speed. Those 2 running deep cross, pick your poison. And then Davis will thrive over the middle. 

Davis is an outstanding outside WR, his foot work some of best I've ever seen. Besides I think Kirk played in the slot for Arizona so if anything he'd be a long term replacement for Beasley. 

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, The Jokeman said:

Davis is an outstanding outside WR, his foot work some of best I've ever seen. Besides I think Kirk played in the slot for Arizona so if anything he'd be a long term replacement for Beasley. 

He is primarily slot, but you could use him and Davis in both positions. They both could run a seem well. And his extra weight would help with taking hits. If we could land Kirk and someone like Patterson. Kirk did some returning as well. I'm done with Beasley. And the staff doesn't value McKenzie

16 minutes ago, sunshynman said:

The first page?

I’d be down for this. I haven’t bothered to pay much attention to Kirk and some of the more higher priced FAs because I don’t think Beane will be in the mix for those guys. But, he does make a splash every other year or so and maybe this year he sticks to his guns in re-signing some of their own FAs, while finding some bargains and then maybe making the splash by maneuvering around the cap to bring in Kirk. 

Josh is going to be a major reason why people want to play in Buffalo.  It’s not going to be about the low taxes, great weather, or hot women.   When you are talking about over 10% of your salary headed out to NYS and you really don’t get a break on out of state games, because Mass and NJ suck too, it’s a tough sell vs Arizona, Dallas, etc. 

If I were Buffalo, I’d try to play the game, and offer to make larger payouts for the Miami game.  Like, your base is 10 M, but we’re are going to say it’s 2M and an 8M game bonus for playing the Dolphins in Miami, injury guaranteed.  Level that playing field. 

Either way, I hope Kirk ends up in Buffalo, even if it means Beasley is out.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

7 hours ago, H2o said:

I knew there was already another thread that had discussed this. My post is in reference to the "bra" you used in yours. It immediately made me think of the movie Weird Science for some reason. :lol: :thumbsup:

oops. my bad Apologies 

I did wonder the correlation  

I totally missed that aspect 

I was in a mood.

working with a Parts Engineer that has been making my life miserable for the past 4 months 

hes crapped on most of the parts I selected for a NASA program when IMO there isn’t an issue 

Human Flight has him pricklier than normal 

Kirk would be interesting & looks like a good get. I'd be for that. Not sure Beane goes that route & put that much $ into slot WR FA though. Just seems like he's looking to retain Beasley (probably w/ lower cap hit) & will look to spend $$ on a legit FA pass rusher (was sniffing around Watt & Von Miller last year).

On 2/21/2022 at 2:31 PM, Alphadawg7 said:

I find it hard to believe Kirk will want to come to Buffalo.  One, it would have to likely be for less money than he would get elsewhere.  Two, he is going to want a bigger role where he can start as at least a #2 WR.  Coming here, he would be 3 on the WR depth chart and would be a role player rather than a major contributor.  Who ever fills that WR 3 spot, assuming everyone stays healthy, they are likely going to be a 400-700 yard receiver at most.  Too many mouths to feed here between Diggs, Davis, Knox, RB's and Allens legs.  

So, not a knock on Buffalo as a destination, its about opportunity and he won't get a lot of those here compared to going to a team where he can step in as one of the main targets right away and likely for more money too.  

So I just don't see Kirk as a realistic option for us because we as a team do not make a lot of sense for him.  He is young enough that he doesn't have to ring chase, and he is going to want an opportunity to prove himself and earn an even bigger payday on his next contract.  He will have plenty of suitors too.  

#3 in an offense run by JA comes with a bounty of opportunity. 

Buffalo has become a destination for those who want to feast offensively. 

6 hours ago, inaugural balls said:

#3 in an offense run by JA comes with a bounty of opportunity. 

Buffalo has become a destination for those who want to feast offensively. 

Nobody feasts as the third or fourth option in any offense.  It’s simple math, not enough balls to go around.  So while I agree the Bills and Josh Allen will be a top end offense, possibly the number 1 offense, for the foreseeable future, that doesn’t mean every player on the offense will have individual statistical highs.  

Look at how much Diggs and Cole stats dropped off just by having a healthy #2 most the season in Sanders and both Davis and Knox emerging too.  We spread the ball around here.  

Barring injuries, Kirk is going to remain a sub 1000 yard receiver here with all the mouths to feed.  Plus, we may run the ball a bit more too next year with Daboll gone and the success the ground game was having down the stretch.

We are not a good fit for a 25 yard WR who wants to be a full time starter and focal point in an offense.  And not only that, Beane won’t be anywhere near the highest bidder.  

What you and others keep describing is what players deeper in their career would want who have already made some good money already.  Take less money and reduced individual production to be on the best team to win a title before their career is over.

Kirk has not made a lot of money thus far, and is young enough he doesn’t have to take less money to chase a ring.

So, I just don’t see it.  I’d love him here, but I think people are getting their hopes up over something that’s unfortunately unlikely to happen.  I’d love to be wrong about this though.

Edited by Alphadawg7

22 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Nobody feasts as the third or fourth option in any offense.  It’s simple math, not enough balls to go around.  So while I agree the Bills and Josh Allen will be a top end offense, possibly the number 1 offense, for the foreseeable future, that doesn’t mean every player on the offense will have individual statistical highs.  

Look at how much Diggs and Cole stats dropped off just by having a healthy #2 most the season in Sanders and both Davis and Knox emerging too.  We spread the ball around here.  

Barring injuries, Kirk is going to remain a sub 1000 yard receiver here with all the mouths to feed.  Plus, we may run the ball a bit more too next year with Daboll gone and the success the ground game was having down the stretch.

We are not a good fit for a 25 yard WR who wants to be a full time starter and focal point in an offense.  And not only that, Beane won’t be anywhere near the highest bidder.  

What you and others keep describing is what players deeper in their career would want who have already made some good money already.  Take less money and reduced individual production to be on the best team to win a title before their career is over.

Kirk has not made a lot of money thus far, and is young enough he doesn’t have to take less money to chase a ring.

So, I just don’t see it.  I’d love him here, but I think people are getting their hopes up over something that’s unfortunately unlikely to happen.  I’d love to be wrong about this though.

Agree. At this point Kirk has made just under $6m as an NFL player. He is going wherever the highest guaranteed $$s are. Not necessarily the highest AAV but the highest guaranteed $$s. This is his big chance to cash in. Spotrac reckons 4 years $47m. I wouldn't be surprised if he came in just below that number but with a hefty guaranteed %.

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Agree. At this point Kirk has made just under $6m as an NFL player. He is going wherever the highest guaranteed $$s are. Not necessarily the highest AAV but the highest guaranteed $$s. This is his big chance to cash in. Spotrac reckons 4 years $47m. I wouldn't be surprised if he came in just below that number but with a hefty guaranteed %.

And he knows that if he can go put up good seasons on this contract as a key player in an offense, he can potentially get an even bigger pay day on his next deal while still in his twenties.  

1 minute ago, Alphadawg7 said:

And he knows that if he can go put up good seasons on this contract as a key player in an offense, he can potentially get an even bigger pay day on his next deal while still in his twenties.  

He does. But he equally knows this might be his 1 shot at free agency. He can't afford to take discounts to play for a contender. 

• Agree 1

For those keeping track, looks like Kirk and his significant other are now on vacation in Mexico with Josh and Brittany. Darnold and Kyle Allen are also there. 

Obviously this could mean nothing.... but JA17 giving a recruiting pitch on the beach while sipping on some drinks can't be a bad thing!

2022-02-23_12-17-10.jpg

51 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

My point is this. In an offense such as ours, I don’t like to use the old #1WR, #2WR, #3WR and so on. That way of thinking would indicate that the #1 gets the most targets/catches weekly. 

That’s simply not the case as I see it. There have been several examples where Diggs was not the leader on a weekly basis. 

Beasley, Davis and even McKenzie were featured on any given week. 

I don’t like to use the old pecking order. In our offense, if you’re getting the snaps, you’re gonna eat. Maybe not every week, but enough to keep you satisfied until next your number us called. 

Josh doesn’t discriminate. Nobody goes hungry for too long. Not if you’re getting the snaps. 

Edited by inaugural balls

11 minutes ago, LOVEMESOMEBILLS said:

He'd have to pick a new number anyways, Gabe already wears 13. Problem solved.

I have PTSD. Gabriel Davis has to change his number also.

28 minutes ago, ytownblofan said:

For those keeping track, looks like Kirk and his significant other are now on vacation in Mexico with Josh and Brittany. Darnold and Kyle Allen are also there. 

Obviously this could mean nothing.... but JA17 giving a recruiting pitch on the beach while sipping on some drinks can't be a bad thing!

2022-02-23_12-17-10.jpg

Just a friends trip, but I'm sure he'd love to play with Josh. It'll come down to money like most free agents.

Edited by Buffalo_Stampede

7 hours ago, ytownblofan said:

2022-02-23_12-17-10.jpg

I can actually see Sam Darnold being our back up one day.  

4 hours ago, inaugural balls said:

My point is this. In an offense such as ours, I don’t like to use the old #1WR, #2WR, #3WR and so on. That way of thinking would indicate that the #1 gets the most targets/catches weekly. 

That’s simply not the case as I see it. There have been several examples where Diggs was not the leader on a weekly basis. 

Beasley, Davis and even McKenzie were featured on any given week. 

I don’t like to use the old pecking order. In our offense, if you’re getting the snaps, you’re gonna eat. Maybe not every week, but enough to keep you satisfied until next your number us called. 

Josh doesn’t discriminate. Nobody goes hungry for too long. Not if you’re getting the snaps. 

Yet Diggs is still the only WR to go over 1000 yards the last 2 years and even when we lost our #2 for most the season, Diggs still was only person over 1000.

Sorry I just don't see a 5th year WR who has made just around $6M so far in his first 4 years giving up anywhere from $10M to $20M to come here because Beane isn't going to offer him anywhere close to the offers he should get in the $40M range.  

Compounding it further, he is a sub 1000 yard WR here, meaning his next contract will be smaller too.  Too many mouths to feed here.  Coming here, between this contract and his next, could cost him $40M to $60M in lost earnings.  Because if he goes somewhere and becomes a perennial 1100+ yard guy, he could see a big extension or big FA contract when he is 28 or 29 still.  He wont get big money if he spends 3 years here being a sub 1000 yard guy.

So, for me, I would love to see him here, but its not realistic IMHO.

10 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Yet Diggs is still the only WR to go over 1000 yards the last 2 years and even when we lost our #2 for most the season, Diggs still was only person over 1000.

Sorry I just don't see a 5th year WR who has made just around $6M so far in his first 4 years giving up anywhere from $10M to $20M to come here because Beane isn't going to offer him anywhere close to the offers he should get in the $40M range.  

Compounding it further, he is a sub 1000 yard WR here, meaning his next contract will be smaller too.  Too many mouths to feed here.  Coming here, between this contract and his next, could cost him $40M to $60M in lost earnings.  Because if he goes somewhere and becomes a perennial 1100+ yard guy, he could see a big extension or big FA contract when he is 28 or 29 still.  He wont get big money if he spends 3 years here being a sub 1000 yard guy.

So, for me, I would love to see him here, but its not realistic IMHO.

i think “giving up 10-20M” is a bit extreme in the framing. If beane wants him, he’d be able to easily offer more than 6 and slot this in as Kirk/Davis replacing beasley/sanders. 

If we are in on Kirk, we are north of 40 not sub 25 on a 4 year deal

• Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.