Spotrac spitballs C. Kirk & C. Williams to Bills

Estro

4 hours ago, NoSaint said:

i think “giving up 10-20M” is a bit extreme in the framing. If beane wants him, he’d be able to easily offer more than 6 and slot this in as Kirk/Davis replacing beasley/sanders. 

If we are in on Kirk, we are north of 40 not sub 25 on a 4 year deal

How do you figure that’s extreme?  He is gonna get offers likely in the $40M range over 4 years.  Beane likely wouldn’t/couldn’t offer more than $24M to $28M ($6m to $7m a year).  If Beane offers $7m per for 4 years, that would be in the range of $12m less than he’s likely gonna get other offers for.  And if someone pays a premium for his services as we often see in FA, that gap could be even bigger.  

And honestly I doubt Beane even offers more than 3 years with Allen’s contract coming into play next year and Diggs extension coming soon too.  

So it’s not extreme because we aren’t going to get close to the $10m+ a year he’s gonna get offers for.  We can’t afford to, nor do we need to.  We still have Diggs, Davis and Cole, we aren’t desperate at WR by any means.  Beane will add either a cheaper FA, address WR in the draft, or maybe both.  He isn’t committing double digits annually to another WR at $10m+.  

WR is a deep position in this draft, so I don’t expect any pricey WR free agent additions this year, especially with Davis seemingly ready to emerge and start.

Edited by Alphadawg7

42 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

I’d be somewhat surprised if Beasley is still in the team next year. … and desperate? No. But they can certainly upgrade in a league where the skills position is becoming more important year after year.

We will add at least one, maybe two guys at WR for sure.  I just don’t see us spending on a premium free agent, we don’t need to commit that much cap space to the WR position.  It’s another deep WR draft.  

So I think it’s more probable we keep Cole (Beane already said he expects him here this year meaning he’s likely here unless a trade he likes comes up) with Diggs and Davis, then keep Stevenson as well as our returner.  They will then draft a guy and maybe add a budget friendly free agent possibly too.  

But spending $40m+ on a free agent WR isn’t happening IMHO.  

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, MarlinTheMagician said:

Serious Question:  I have not watched Kirk much.  Is he better than McKenzie?

Kirk is way way better than lil’ dirty

47 minutes ago, loyal2dagame said:

If the Bills could get only 1 of either Patterson at 5 mil/yr or Kirk at 7 mil/yr, which one do you take? 

Paterson and it’s not even close . ✔️

• 2 weeks later...
9 minutes ago, BuffaloRebound said:

https://www.nfl.com/news/cardinals-wr-christian-kirk-open-minded-heading-into-free-agency-i-just-want-to-

This is either an elaborate ruse or he’s heading to Buffalo.  

I think you can put the quote right in.......

"TMZ asked Kirk directly if he was angling to get to Buffalo."

"Possibly," he deftly responded. "Like I said, I'm just going to let my team and people that are helping me make the decision help me out. We'll see where it goes."

Both these moves are meh to me. Williams has been known to get beat. And $12M is a little steep for Beasley's replacement. Draft a fast slot guy and get him cheap for 5 years. Believe in Bates and stop assuming he turns into Groy.

Edited by LABILLBACKER

Interesting tidbit on Kirk is that apparently best friends with Kyle Allen. They are like childhood best friends and went to A&M together. Explains why they were all together. Kirk is probably the perfect add, and having Kyle Allen as a long term backup behind Josh makes a ton of sense. 

9 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Both these moves are meh to me. Williams has been known to get beat. And $12M is a little steep for Beasley's replacement. Draft a fast slot guy and get him cheap for 5 years. Believe in Bates and stop assuming he turns into Groy.

It’s more than just believing in Bates and Williams @ OG.  What happens when one of them doesn’t live up our hopes or gets hurt?  Then we could be right back to the jax game, which essentially ended our season as we lost home field vs KC.  Lots of blocks to a team and they aren’t all playmakers.  

we can’t just go into the season thinking that bringing back last years OL is good enough. We have to improve our OL, not just hope it’s just as good as our 5 week run last year.  The OL didn’t play very well game vs KC…..josh saved their butts by being god like.

On 2/24/2022 at 9:21 AM, loyal2dagame said:

If the Bills could get only 1 of either Patterson at 5 mil/yr or Kirk at 7 mil/yr, which one do you take? 

$7M a year?  I can't see Kirk signing anywhere for just $7M a year, he will be at or above double digits IMHO, and the market is already said to be red hot for him.  Kirk will most likely get over $10M and wouldn't surprise me to see someone give him as much as $14M a year if there is a bidding war for his services with multiple suitors trying to sign him.  

Translation:  He won't be a Buffalo Bill in 2022.  We won't be shelling that kind of money out to the WR position this offseason, especially with a deep WR class this year.  Not to mention we still have Diggs and Davis for sure here this year.  Bills will land another affordable vet and draft one or two guys is my prediction.  

On 2/24/2022 at 11:52 AM, Alphadawg7 said:

WR is a deep position in this draft, so I don’t expect any pricey WR free agent additions this year, especially with Davis seemingly ready to emerge and start.

This will also bring down values in the 2nd and 3rd tier of FA WRs, which is where Kirk is.

Deep WR draft won't affect the top WRs but you could see some value suppression as all these teams are going to be thinking the same thing about getting WRs in the draft round 1-4. Difference is that the Bills want to win now now and other teams who are still building could see the advantage of drafting a WR.

2 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

$7M a year?  I can't see Kirk signing anywhere for just $7M a year, he will be at or above double digits IMHO, and the market is already said to be red hot for him.  Kirk will most likely get over $10M and wouldn't surprise me to see someone give him as much as $14M a year if there is a bidding war for his services with multiple suitors trying to sign him.  

Translation:  He won't be a Buffalo Bill in 2022.  We won't be shelling that kind of money out to the WR position this offseason, especially with a deep WR class this year.  Not to mention we still have Diggs and Davis for sure here this year.  Bills will land another affordable vet and draft one or two guys is my prediction.  

I'm not joining in to argue with you, because I don't really know much about Kirk on the field or in terms of his personality, and you're way more on top of these things than I am.   However, there is one point I raise from time to time, and it's relevant here.

There are guys who are mature enough to recognize that they really don't need to squeeze every last dollar out of their NFL careers, and those guys may very well sign in the right situation for a good deal less than the market.   Not saying Kirk is one of those, but it's an important in these discussions.   

If a guy can make $40 million in his NFL career, that's more money than he needs to be set for life.  Would he prefer $60 million?   Sure, but in that range, it's all play money.   

$40 million over a career is $20 million in the bank after taxes and personal living expenses while he's playing (at maybe $300-$400,000 a year).   $20 million the bank is easily $600,000 a year for live, with inflation adjustments.   That's in the top .5% of wealth in the country. 

Now, some guys want every dollar, but some get to the point where they know they have enough, and for them, other circumstances become more important.   

So, not knowing anything about Kirk, I still wouldn't dismiss out of hand the idea that the guy might want to play in Buffalo.  I said this in the Amari Cooper thread:  OBJ was thrilled to go to a team with a QB who could throw and with an entrenched #1 receiver.   I'd expect most free agent receivers will have Buffalo on their lists, for some Buffalo will be at or near the top of their lists, because who wouldn't want to line up opposite Stephon Diggs with Josh Allen throwing the ball?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, Shaw66 said:

I'm not joining in to argue with you, because I don't really know much about Kirk on the field or in terms of his personality, and you're way more on top of these things than I am.   However, there is one point I raise from time to time, and it's relevant here.

There are guys who are mature enough to recognize that they really don't need to squeeze every last dollar out of their NFL careers, and those guys may very well sign in the right situation for a good deal less than the market.   Not saying Kirk is one of those, but it's an important in these discussions.   

If a guy can make $40 million in his NFL career, that's more money than he needs to be set for life.  Would he prefer $60 million?   Sure, but in that range, it's all play money.   

$40 million over a career is $20 million in the bank after taxes and personal living expenses while he's playing (at maybe $300-$400,000 a year).   $20 million the bank is easily $600,000 a year for live, with inflation adjustments.   That's in the top .5% of wealth in the country. 

Now, some guys want every dollar, but some get to the point where they know they have enough, and for them, other circumstances become more important.   

So, not knowing anything about Kirk, I still wouldn't dismiss out of hand the idea that the guy might want to play in Buffalo.  I said this in the Amari Cooper thread:  OBJ was thrilled to go to a team with a QB who could throw and with an entrenched #1 receiver.   I'd expect most free agent receivers will have Buffalo on their lists, for some Buffalo will be at or near the top of their lists, because who wouldn't want to line up opposite Stephon Diggs with Josh Allen throwing the ball?

The only thing to consider is that almost every player has an agent that will negotiate for a few offers and let the player choose.  Its easy to say i will take less - til i see how much the dolphins will pay with no income tax.  

16 minutes ago, BrooklynBills said:

This will also bring down values in the 2nd and 3rd tier of FA WRs, which is where Kirk is.

Deep WR draft won't affect the top WRs but you could see some value suppression as all these teams are going to be thinking the same thing about getting WRs in the draft round 1-4. Difference is that the Bills want to win now now and other teams who are still building could see the advantage of drafting a WR.

I think then you will be surprised to see the market for Kirk.  He certainly wont be a "3rd tier" FA WR, and will widely seen as one of the better FA WR's on the market this year. 

• Agree 1

17 minutes ago, Shaw66 said:

Seasoned veterans who have already got paid like Cooper, OBJ, etc are not in the same situation as Kirk.  Kirk has only made about $6M over 4 years, which means he is banking maybe half that at best.  So he has made an average of like $400,000 to $500,000 a year so far over 4 years in his actual bank account.  And that is before he spends any of that money to live.  

So we are talking about a 5th year WR, who has been behind legends like Fitz and Hopkins his whole career.  He finally got a chance to be a focal point this year after Hopkins went down and he had his best year yet in a contract year.  

This may be his ONLY shot to get a big payday and set him and his family up for life.  The market is reportedly red hot for him, so lets assume that is true.  Why would he turn down say a 4 year deal at $12M per year for $48M to sign say in Buffalo for just over half that (the person I replied to suggested sign here for $7M per year)?  I mean he could get hurt and derail his career, he may not get another shot at setting himself up for life after football.

Now add in this complication...in Buffalo, statistically he is a role player, not a feature player.  Even with our #2 WR hurt most the year in 2020, Allen put up an MVP level year and we still only had 1 WR go over 1000 yards.  In 2021, all the numbers were significantly down individually with everyone healthy because we spread the ball around so much, and again only had 1 guy over 1000 and no one else even close despite a prolific passing offense.  

So if Kirk did sign here for a lot less money, barring injuries, he will likely continue to be a 500-700 yard guy with the way we spread the ball around as we have too many mouths to feed, plus Allens running also impacts that.  So when he is 28 or 29 and again a FA, he will be fielding a resume of a role player statistically and likely looking at another mid tier role player size contract. 

However if he was to sign somewhere as a focal point now, if he continues to improve and excel, then in 3 or 4 years he can sign a big extension or another big FA contract.

So signing here isn't just taking less money now, its potentially meaning taking less money on his next and last shot at a big deal too before he turns 30.  To expect someone to give up that much earning potential between now and that contract is unreasonable expectation in my book, especially for a kid who has made peanuts in NFL standards thus far in his career.

So unless the market is shockingly low on Kirk, which all reports greatly suggest the opposite, I can't see him foregoing all that money now and potentially again on his next deal.  We aren't the only contender in town, he can still sign with another good team with a good QB and get still paid too.  Its not like we represent his only shot at a SB.  

• Like (+1) 1

It is such a great draft for WR's, I'm hoping the Bills pick up two quality players at that position.  With that said, I don't believe that the Bills will pay $12M a year for him when we are presumably about to extend Diggs for $20M+.   Maybe if they can get him to lower the price tag to around $10-$11M they pull the trigger and look to plug other needs in the draft but I do think it's unlikely.

With that said, Kirk instantly makes this a better offense and since we are on the cusp of winning it all, this would be a positional acquisition that most certainly keep this offense humming for the foreseeable future.  I'd be ok with it if they thought they could make it work.

11 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Seasoned veterans who have already got paid like Cooper, OBJ, etc are not in the same situation as Kirk.  Kirk has only made about $6M over 4 years, which means he is banking maybe half that at best.  So he has made an average of like $400,000 to $500,000 a year so far over 4 years in his actual bank account.  And that is before he spends any of that money to live.  

So we are talking about a 5th year WR, who has been behind legends like Fitz and Hopkins his whole career.  He finally got a chance to be a focal point this year after Hopkins went down and he had his best year yet in a contract year.  

This may be his ONLY shot to get a big payday and set him and his family up for life.  The market is reportedly red hot for him, so lets assume that is true.  Why would he turn down say a 4 year deal at $12M per year for $48M to sign say in Buffalo for just over half that (the person I replied to suggested sign here for $7M per year)?  I mean he could get hurt and derail his career, he may not get another shot at setting himself up for life after football.

Now add in this complication...in Buffalo, statistically he is a role player, not a feature player.  Even with our #2 WR hurt most the year in 2020, Allen put up an MVP level year and we still only had 1 WR go over 1000 yards.  In 2021, all the numbers were significantly down individually with everyone healthy because we spread the ball around so much, and again only had 1 guy over 1000 and no one else even close despite a prolific passing offense.  

So if Kirk did sign here for a lot less money, barring injuries, he will likely continue to be a 500-700 yard guy with the way we spread the ball around as we have too many mouths to feed, plus Allens running also impacts that.  So when he is 28 or 29 and again a FA, he will be fielding a resume of a role player statistically and likely looking at another mid tier role player size contract. 

However if he was to sign somewhere as a focal point now, if he continues to improve and excel, then in 3 or 4 years he can sign a big extension or another big FA contract.

So signing here isn't just taking less money now, its potentially meaning taking less money on his next and last shot at a big deal too before he turns 30.  To expect someone to give up that much earning potential between now and that contract is unreasonable expectation in my book, especially for a kid who has made peanuts in NFL standards thus far in his career.

So unless the market is shockingly low on Kirk, which all reports greatly suggest the opposite, I can't see him foregoing all that money now and potentially again on his next deal.  We aren't the only contender in town, he can still sign with another good team with a good QB and get still paid too.  Its not like we represent his only shot at a SB.  

Agreed, but if the guaranteed money is similar I could see him forgoing a little bit to be in a better situation.  Josh ain’t going anywhere for a long time. Who’s to say he signs for more money with say the Jets and after 2 years Wilson and Saleh are gone and a new guy cleans house.  Most guaranteed money is only for the first 2 years of a contract.  He’s much more likely to earn his non-guaranteed portion of his contract in a better situation like the Bills currently are.  

1 minute ago, BuffaloRebound said:

Agreed, but if the guaranteed money is similar I could see him forgoing a little bit to be in a better situation.  Josh ain’t going anywhere for a long time. Who’s to say he signs for more money with say the Jets and after 2 years Wilson and Saleh are gone and a new guy cleans house.  Most guaranteed money is only for the first 2 years of a contract.  He’s much more likely to earn his non-guaranteed portion of his contract in a better situation like the Bills currently are.  

I don't disagree that if the money isn't a big discrepancy then absolutely we would be in play, and I would love to see him here.  Not unreasonable to forego a little bit to play in a big time offense with an elite QB like Josh.  

I think where I differ with some people here is that I am just of the opinion that I think the discrepancy to what the Bills can or will offer is going to bigger than people think compared to what is on his table.  I just believe the market for him will be robust and competitive, so not sure Beane can afford to be as competitive.  I will say this though, Beane is, and always will be, seen as a wizard in my eyes.  So I won't put it past him to find a creative way to get a guy he covets.  But, even so, I just think this particular player seems like a long shot to land here.

I would be happy to be wrong about that and see him somehow land here, just today it seems unrealistic given the reasons I stated.  

I think with a deep WR draft, Beane more likely sounds an affordable vet and then drafts 1 or 2 guys this year.  I think if Beane was to make any kind of splash move in FA or in Trade ahead of the draft, odds are higher it would be at RB, CB, DT, or DE than say WR.  Then again, you never know with Beane, just my personal opinion of what I think he will do this year.  

1 hour ago, Shaw66 said:

I totally agree with this.  It is about the money, but at some point it's not.  I think everyone on the board can relate to that.  Say you have a job you like, you are well paid, and have great colleagues.  Would you necessarily leave for more money but perhaps a more toxic environment.  We have an A+ environment here.  Enjoying your playing career/job also has a price to it.   I'm not saying you shouldn't turn down more money, or make as much as you can, but that there is sometimes (but not always) a price to doing so in terms of satisfaction.  

Long story short: it's not necessary we are the highest bidder to get Kirk.  We need to be competitive and offer the intangibles. 

Kirk had only decent 4.47 speed out of the combine and is smallish, under 6’. He still went high in the draft second round. Anyone know why he went so high?  It seems there is a lot of speed at WR available in the draft this year, so why not draft a WR much faster than Kirk. 

52 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

I think then you will be surprised to see the market for Kirk.  He certainly wont be a "3rd tier" FA WR, and will widely seen as one of the better FA WR's on the market this year. 

Davante Adams

Chris Godwin

Amari Cooper

Allen Robinson

Mike Williams

OBJ

Kirk

Gallup

DJ Chark

He's either top of tier 3 or bottom of tier 2. Not to mention that he's got at least 4 guys in direct competition with him at his own price point.

$7 mil/yr is obviously way too low. But I think 4yr/40-45 mil with like 30%-40% gtd in the 1st 2 years is where I'd be willing to go. Then you essentially decide between Davis and Kirk after 2 years.

9 minutes ago, Charles Romes said:

Kirk had only decent 4.47 speed out of the combine and is smallish, under 6’. He still went high in the draft second round. Anyone know why he went so high?  It seems there is a lot of speed at WR available in the draft this year, so why not draft a WR much faster than Kirk. 

Kirk was a phenomenal freshman........seemed destined to be a 1st rounder right off the bat........and though he leveled off as a sophomore and junior he was a big time producer at a big school..........and the 3 years prior had been poor WR drafts so the league was STARVING for WR's.

A lot has changed since then.........2018 started a run of WR drafts that has flooded the league with talent........though at the time teams were still stinging from prior let downs and that's how guys like AJ Brown and Metcalf slipped, IMO.

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Sheneneh Jenkins said:

I'd be pretty damn excited if Bills managed to sign Kirk.....

I think this off-season will bring more excitement and activity than last

I hope so.........Matt Haack was the only free agent they signed to a multi-year deal and they basically addressed NONE of the things that they said were needs after the AFCCG loss in KC.

Manny Sanders was the big signing and it was hard to get too excited about getting slower at WR.

Breida and Lamp were fun 1 year lottery tickets but neither had much production in their past.

25 minutes ago, BrooklynBills said:

Davante Adams

Chris Godwin

Amari Cooper

Allen Robinson

Mike Williams

OBJ

Kirk

Gallup

DJ Chark

He's either top of tier 3 or bottom of tier 2. Not to mention that he's got at least 4 guys in direct competition with him at his own price point.

$7 mil/yr is obviously way too low. But I think 4yr/40-45 mil with like 30%-40% gtd in the 1st 2 years is where I'd be willing to go. Then you essentially decide between Davis and Kirk after 2 years.

Everyone keeps saying the draft is deep in receivers.  If that's true, it's hard to imagine all these free agents getting big deals.  Maybe Kirk will be available for less than we think.  

• Agree 1

21 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

I hope so.........Matt Haack was the only free agent they signed to a multi-year deal and they basically addressed NONE of the things that they said were needs after the AFCCG loss in KC.

Manny Sanders was the big signing and it was hard to get too excited about getting slower at WR.

Breida and Lamp were fun 1 year lottery tickets but neither had much production in their past.

Yeah Haack was very disappointing. Sanders started off fairly decent but noticeably dropped off as went on....

I wasn't expecting much from Breida anyway, think he had 1 game where he played decent if I remember correctly...

Anyway, with having they're cap situation is a little better than last off-season along with knowing this team is merely a ***** hair away from a Championship I expect we will see some exciting action in the upcoming months. I'd be surprised if it's not more done than last off-season

58 minutes ago, BrooklynBills said:

Davante Adams

Chris Godwin

Amari Cooper

Allen Robinson

Mike Williams

OBJ

Kirk

Gallup

DJ Chark

No disrespect, but I don't think you are thinking about this correctly in terms of free agency.

Kirk is going to be more in demand than Cooper, Robinson and Williams.  These three are going to be more expensive despite being highly inconsistent as receivers most their careers even while playing mostly in productive offenses with good or very good QB's (especially Cooper and Williams).  Less teams can afford what they will be looking for, and there is a legit argument if they are even worth what they are going to be seeking given how inconsistent they have been.

Who is hot in Free Agency isnt always about who is perceived to be the most talented or accomplished.  Adams for example won't have as many suitors because he is too expensive, less people can afford him even though he is night and day better than anyone on this list and arguably the best in the NFL.  Godwin is coming off a major injury too and while he likely is back in 2022 barring setbacks, there is no guarantee he comes back and just gets back to his old form early, might take time to get there.  How many teams can afford what he will be seeking, and how many are willing to give it to him before he gets back on the field is a legit question with him.

Kirk will be a priority or top tier target for a lot of teams because he is perceived to be young and on the rise breaking out, meaning they can get a guy they believe is capable of putting up numbers like some of these other guys in a featured role while paying him considerably less money than several of those other guys will get.  

So if you want to list these guys in tiers based on their resumes, sure, you can make a case for your list.  But if you want to grade as a free agency tier, Kirk will likely have the biggest market for his services than anyone on that list making him a higher tier free agent.  

Edited by Alphadawg7

1 minute ago, Sheneneh Jenkins said:

Yeah Haack was very disappointing. Sanders started off fairly decent but noticeably dropped off as went on....

I wasn't expecting much from Breida anyway, think he had 1 game where he played decent if I remember correctly...

Anyway, with having they're cap situation is a little better than last off-season along with knowing this team is merely a ***** hair away from a Championship I expect we will see some exciting action in the upcoming months. I'd be surprised if it's not more done than last off-season

We need a fingers crossed🤞 response emoji.  

23 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

No disrespect, but I don't think you are thinking about this correctly in terms of free agency.

Kirk is going to be more in demand than Cooper, Robinson and Williams.  These three are going to be more expensive despite being highly inconsistent as receivers most their careers even while playing mostly in productive offenses with good or very good QB's (especially Cooper and Williams).  Less teams can afford what they will be looking for, and there is a legit argument if they are even worth what they are going to be seeking given how inconsistent they have been.

Who is hot in Free Agency isnt always about who is perceived to be the most talented or accomplished.  Adams for example won't have as many suitors because he is too expensive, less people can afford him even though he is night and day better than anyone on this list and arguably the best in the NFL.  Godwin is coming off a major injury too and while he likely is back in 2022 barring setbacks, there is no guarantee he comes back and just gets back to his old form early, might take time to get there.  How many teams can afford what he will be seeking, and how many are willing to give it to him before he gets back on the field is a legit question with him.

Kirk will be a priority or top tier target for a lot of teams because he is perceived to be young and on the rise breaking out, meaning they can get a guy they believe is capable of putting up numbers like some of these other guys in a featured role while paying him considerably less money than several of those other guys will get.  

So if you want to list these guys in tiers based on their resumes, sure, you can make a case for your list.  But if you want to grade as a free agency tier, Kirk will likely have the biggest market for his services than anyone on that list making him a higher tier free agent.  

I hear what you are saying, but I'm thinking in terms of tiers of market value. I understand that you are saying Kirk at around $12 mil/yr is going to attract more teams, maybe many more, than the top tier talent. And maybe that inflates his final number.

But if he's so in demand that he gets above market value, let's say aggressively $14/yr, wouldn't that drive those teams to the higher talent anyway? Why pay Kirk $14 mil/yr when you can pay Robinson, Cooper, or Williams $16-17mil/yr?

Couple that with the idea that teams could get a legitimate starting WR in the draft from picks 20-50 and i think you might see a hard ceiling for the guys in that $10-12 mil/yr tier.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Alphadawg7 said:

I would be happy to be wrong about that and see him somehow land here, just today it seems unrealistic given the reasons I stated.  

I think with a deep WR draft, Beane more likely sounds an affordable vet and then drafts 1 or 2 guys this year.  I think if Beane was to make any kind of splash move in FA or in Trade ahead of the draft, odds are higher it would be at RB, CB, DT, or DE than say WR.  Then again, you never know with Beane, just my personal opinion of what I think he will do this year.  

I agree with you that it is a long shot to Kirk.  If the Bills weren't going to pay Beas $7M I don't see them paying C Kirk >$10M.  And that's okay because to me it seems like it would be a bad decision.  Getting a WR in the draft is clearly the way to go.  Cheap developing WR for Josh is the medium/long term answer.

In the short term I would rather they get Gronk for $8M, re-sign McKenzie for $3M and work in their draft pick.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.