The saddest part of this loss

Niagara Dude

The real sad part about this loss is there was no remaining teams remaining that we could not beat and we let it slip because our defensive cordinator is an idiot. Watch the replay,  Kelce got a complete free release with the DB playing almost 15 yards off the line and once he got up field it was too late.  Frazier's defence made it a simple pass & catch and I am sorry but he needs to be fired.  Time to try something new,  bring in a new defensive cordinator.  The whole internet is talking about there choke job our coaching had with 13 secs left.  Doing nothing is not the answer

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

13 minutes ago, Niagara Dude said:

The real sad part about this loss is there was no remaining teams remaining that we could not beat and we let it slip because our defensive cordinator is an idiot. Watch the replay,  Kelce got a complete free release with the DB playing almost 15 yards off the line and once he got up field it was too late.  Frazier's defence made it a simple pass & catch and I am sorry but he needs to be fired.  Time to try something new,  bring in a new defensive cordinator.  The whole internet is talking about there choke job our coaching had with 13 secs left.  Doing nothing is not the answer

I think frazier is gone anyway. 

• Like (+1) 1

We would've beat Home Alone. Beating the Rams would've been a bigger challenge but very doable. The NFL will get their State Farm advertising darling going against the home team Rams at SoFi. Bengals and 9ers have no chance.  This SB is locked and loaded as a big rematch of the classic Thursday night game.

1 hour ago, LABILLBACKER said:

We would've beat Home Alone. Beating the Rams would've been a bigger challenge but very doable. The NFL will get their State Farm advertising darling going against the home team Rams at SoFi. Bengals and 9ers have no chance.  This SB is locked and loaded as a big rematch of the classic Thursday night game.

They can step up on the stage and do the Money dance at SoFi.

Edited by Big Turk

LA’s front 7 would’ve given our offense problems. They have tons of speed and power there. They’ll give Mahomes problems too, should that matchup happen. All those times Mahomes simply ran away from our plodding DL, the Rams have the players to catch him.

It all hinges on which version of Stafford shows up, but they could definitely win it all. They’ve got enough big names on that squad.

Edited by JayBaller10
  • Agree 2

2 hours ago, Niagara Dude said:

I disagree. With how inconsistent we were this season, neither of the next two games would have been a guaranteed win. 

1 hour ago, Budkin said:

I disagree. With how inconsistent we were this season, neither of the next two games would have been a guaranteed win. 

Nope, no real elite QB'S left and Allen playing best football of his career.  I say we win easy next two games had they made it out with a win against Chiefs.

4 hours ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Idk if the NFL is thrilled with kc and not Buf Making the SB. 

On NFL Twitter , it's overwhelmingly biased towards Buf. It gets boring for the casuals seeing the same team year after year and are falling in love with Allen's swagger and hatred towards Mahomes and his family.

Who knows though I'm just rambling 

32 minutes ago, Niagara Dude said:

Nope, no real elite QB'S left and Allen playing best football of his career.  I say we win easy next two games had they made it out with a win against Chiefs.

Plus this should have been 6 straight Ws for Buf. We were inconsistent early but got it together in December 

The defense being number 1 was a mirage. This is an excellent read: https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/the-buffalo-bills-got-the-least-bang-for-their-schedules-buck-this-season/

"It turns out that teams that face a slate of bad QBs tend to win more games. While that’s not surprising, it’s comforting to verify that our assumptions about the importance of QB play are sound. If we build a simple model using data from 2006 through Week 17 of 2021 to predict a team’s regular-season win percentage and use Total Quarterback Rating of the opponent as the only predictor, we can generate an estimate of what a team’s win percentage should be.5 We can then use the model to identify teams that have underperformed relative to the strength of their opposing QB schedule.

Using this approach, the biggest disappointment in the NFL this year is the Buffalo Bills. With the regular season nearly over, in 2021 the Bills faced the worst collection of quarterbacks by Total QBR since at least 2006, our first year with QBR data. Yet despite having the great fortune to face a historically weak set of opposing QBs, Buffalo didn’t turn its advantage into wins at the rate we would expect. Given its opponent QBR of 25.4 through Week 17, its win percentage of 62.5 is 15.8 percentage points lower than expected — the biggest dropoff among teams that have clinched playoff spots."

• Thank you (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Gene1973 said:

He just blew it.

Your right no matter what his fans say about him that game cost him his chance to be a head coach possibly the Bears job.  Front offices are not his concern getting a job he can do a good interview but it is the fan bases that owners have to sell him to and no one is going to hire a guy who called a game like that and have everybody on board.  Fans would be ripping up there season tickets in front of stadiums.  The only way Frazier is gone is by telling him to resign, retire, or fire him.  Mr.  Clapper has done enough to on his own know.

I'm not going to say that Frazier sucks.  He's shown over many years to be an above-average defensive coordinator at the NFL level.  That's no easy feat.

But yes, the last series or regulation was atrocious - particularly that last play to Kelce.  I absolutely cannot fathom how you can let him run completely free like that 15-20 yards up the field.  You know Mahomes has to get rid of it lightning quick there.  They aren't looking to beat you deep.  They are looking for 15-20 yards and then to hit the ground ASAP.  Watching that replay over and over and it's completely maddening.  I just don't understand how you let that happen. 

Edited by TheBrownBear

Levi deserves a lot of blame. With 7 seconds to go, he was one on one with Kelce. He bit on a quick out fake by Kelce and let him get way too far up field. Maybe he was expecting someone to come down hard, idk, but a quick out doesn't help them. The only thing on both plays that ***** helps is getting up field as fast as possible. ***** ***** *****

Epic failure from everyone on that drive. 

McD talks so much about situational football. I have a hard time believing they didn't practice this situation at some point and they looked like they had no idea what to do. *****&#&***#($)@(&*#@*$#)$(#*(@(*

Edited by elroy16

I mean, both the Bengals and Rams are excellent teams.  

The Rams in particular are either just as good as we are in all of the units, or - as w/ the D-line they have - better.  We have an advantage at QB over them, but Stafford can be excellent. That would have been a very tough game.

12 hours ago, Niagara Dude said:

Just like the Daboll haters throughout the season I pose the question to you: "At what point does McDermott get any criticism from you?"

10 hours ago, BillsFanSD said:

I really hope Frazier gets a HC opportunity.  

I wouldn't mind, but I don't see it happening to be honest.

I do think Daboll will go, we'll probably know about that soon.

I DISAGREE that we were somehow set to win the SB once we got past KC.

We could have lost to the Bengals---that's how the NFL works.  I would have really liked our chances though!

And we could EASILY have lost to the Rams or the 49ers---much less so the 49ers, but that would be possible.

They just took down GB at Lambeau.  You never know in the NFL.

I do agree it would have LOOKED REALLY GOOD though, and the week leading up to the game against the Bengals, in Buffalo, would have been EPIC and the BEST TIME OF THIS SEASON.

Alas, it wasn't to be.

12 hours ago, Niagara Dude said:

It's all still speculation until we see how the rest of the chips fall.

I say this because for all we know last night was the chiefs SB and they lose to the Bengals again next week because of being so gassed emotionally and physically. Not likely but could happen especially against another rising star QB like Burrow.

Also still think either the Rams (at home in the SB) or 49ers would be a challenge for this team. The 49ers have that look of a special team the way they are playing ST and defense right now. That defense in particular has the look of ones from playoff years past with similar built teams that steamrolled to championship despite deficiencies elswhere.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.