Jerry Jones starting to melt down

CorkScrewHill

1 hour ago, Success said:

In the '90's, I dreamed of this day.

Now, if the Pats could just have a similar 25+ years of disappointing play and heartbreaking playoff near-misses or 1st round exits.

The Patriot demise begun a week ago. 😁

58 minutes ago, FireChans said:

My dude, if we lose tomorrow on a QB draw with 14 seconds left, I guarantee Sean, not Beane, will be the guy talked about.

Maybe.

Though I think in this scenario, it’ll be Daboll who’d get the brunt of the blame thereby making his departure more palatable.

2 hours ago, FireChans said:

My dude, if we lose tomorrow on a QB draw with 14 seconds left, I guarantee Sean, not Beane, will be the guy talked about.

If we call a QB draw with 14 seconds left in the game tomorrow, Josh will score on his own and win it. He is, after all, Josh @#%!ing Allen.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, FireChans said:

For a guy who followed a team who missed the playoffs for 17 years, you seem to have quite a high bar now, huh

That makes long-time Bills fans experts in recognizing how incompetence in the FO/ownership results in incompetence on the football field. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, SoTier said:

That makes long-time Bills fans experts in recognizing how incompetence in the FO/ownership results in incompetence on the football field. 

It really doesn’t if they are calling 12-5 and a playoff berth less than average. Just shows that they are no different than Pats fans once they taste a little success.

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, FireChans said:

That's simply NOT true lol. I can list at least half a dozen teams that you couldn't list 9 players that would start on Buffalo.

More importantly, the names I listed aren't just upgrades to current Bills players, they are stars. Some of them are superstars.

More to the point, we can't have it both ways. We can't laugh at Dallas for underperforming and choking when they have a great roster, AND say their GM sucks at team-building.  It makes us look petty and stupid, instead of brilliant and right.

I'm not laughing at Dallas. They're a good team. But there is no way I can agree that Dallas has some sort of monopoly on league leading talent. There is great talent on EVERY team in the league at one position or another. That's the point. 

3 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

Cool!  Do it for the Jets, Lions, Giants and Jags.

What constitutes "nearly?" By your standards, that's 28 or 32 teams. How about I amend my comment to say "most" teams? How many is that and does it still include the four worst teams in the league to bolster your point?

14 minutes ago, K-9 said:

I'm not laughing at Dallas. They're a good team. But there is no way I can agree that Dallas has some sort of monopoly on league leading talent. There is great talent on EVERY team in the league at one position or another. That's the point. 

What constitutes "nearly?" By your standards, that's 28 or 32 teams. How about I amend my comment to say "most" teams? How many is that and does it still include the four worst teams in the league to bolster your point?

not my standards—FireChan laid it out for you. Clearly I’m challenging you to do what you said you could do..for every team.

26 minutes ago, K-9 said:

Okay so tell me how many rosters top to bottom are more talented than Dallas?  6? 10?

They are a good team that underperformed. Unclear why you tried to challenge my overarching point to someone who doesn't agree with you that they are a talented team.

1 minute ago, FireChans said:

Okay so tell me how many rosters top to bottom are more talented than Dallas?  6? 10?

They are a good team that underperformed. Unclear why you tried to challenge my overarching point to someone who doesn't agree with you that they are a talented team.

They need a QB.

Jerry Jones on McCarthy and his other coaches:  "“So I’ve got a lot to think about regarding these coaches. I’ve got a lot to think about regarding these scouts. I’ve got a lot to think about regarding various aspects of this organization."

Say what you will about Jones but he's the superior owner to the Pegulas if they're not at least pondering like he is.

Those 13 seconds are a fireable offense, period.

• Vomit 3
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Dislike 1

• 1 month later...

Let Juhra do his thing, it’s good for the entire country to watch a multi billionaire be a total F K up at his favorite hobby. You gotta admit,  It’s just nice to watch it happen season after season. 👍 

• Like (+1) 2

On 1/22/2022 at 2:14 PM, FireChans said:

Ya see, when you say they are a “ good team” that “underperformed” and does so annually, you are contradicting yourself…, that’s not a good team…, or organization, their record says average to maybe a bit above average over the last several years.   There is an old saying, it goes something like this; “You are who your record says you are” 

1 hour ago, Don Otreply said:

Ya see, when you say they are a “ good team” that “underperformed” and does so annually, you are contradicting yourself…, that’s not a good team…, or organization, their record says average to maybe a bit above average over the last several years.   There is an old saying, it goes something like this; “You are who your record says you are” 

How many rosters are better than Dallas'?

1 hour ago, FireChans said:

How many rosters are better than Dallas'?

How about every team that made the playoffs in this past season, how’s that for starters? 

Dallas is a middling team/organization until they prove otherwise.  

And please don’t bore everyone with the personal stats argument, they mean nothing when the team doesn’t or barely makes the post season over the last couple seasons. 

Again, you are who your record says you are. 

• Like (+1) 2

8 hours ago, Don Otreply said:

How about every team that made the playoffs in this past season, how’s that for starters? 

Dallas is a middling team/organization until they prove otherwise.  

And please don’t bore everyone with the personal stats argument, they mean nothing when the team doesn’t or barely makes the post season over the last couple seasons. 

Again, you are who your record says you are. 

They made the playoffs this season lmao.

On 1/23/2022 at 11:30 PM, harryS said:

Jerry Jones on McCarthy and his other coaches:  "“So I’ve got a lot to think about regarding these coaches. I’ve got a lot to think about regarding these scouts. I’ve got a lot to think about regarding various aspects of this organization."

Say what you will about Jones but he's the superior owner to the Pegulas if they're not at least pondering like he is.

Those 13 seconds are a fireable offense, period.

Wow. How easy we forget Jason Garrett lasted 8 years under that "superior" owner. Two good seasons in a crap division. Pegula didn't let the Rex fiasco last that long. You may want to reconsider your view here. Jerry hired all those people he needs to think about.  Give me Pegula 8 days a week. The Sabres are another story.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, FireChans said:

They made the playoffs this season lmao.

I admit my error, let’s say every team that made it past the first round of the playoffs this year and last year, how about that?

Dallas is a middling team, that you fawn over them is kinda funny TBH. 

27 minutes ago, Don Otreply said:

I admit my error, let’s say every team that made it past the first round of the playoffs this year and last year, how about that?

Dallas is a middling team, that you fawn over them is kinda funny TBH. 

You trash them without even knowing anything about them which is way funnier tbh. Just an uninformed hater.

On 1/22/2022 at 3:08 AM, GunnerBill said:

He is right on Amari Cooper. I always said if they knew they were going to have the chance to draft Lamb they would not have extended Coop.

Cooper is one of the move over rated players in the NFL.  I laughed my butt off when they gave him that huge deal lol.  

All the tools to dominate, and usually does a couple games a year, just enough to make his year end stats look good.  But he disappears most other weeks and is almost a lock to be a ghost when it matters.

4 minutes ago, FireChans said:

You trash them without even knowing anything about them which is way funnier tbh. Just an uninformed hater.

Not trashing them, just telling it how it really is, they are a over paid under performing team, and have been for several seasons, you know it, I know it, the objective football world knows it, go back several seasons and look at their record & lack of progress,  the team has plateaued, hence middling.   Sure they have individual talent, but that talent has under performed annually, and that is all on Jurah’s decision making . 

“Hater” what are you, a teenager? 😂

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.