Star back at practice - 12/29

Motorin'

21 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Thanks.  I sit corrected, it was Carolina where it was 29% (coming back from toe injury)

I will say this....possibly thinking outside of the box with this one.

If we play Indy again, I wonder how a front four of Star and Harry in the middle with Rousseau and Oliver on the ends would look. That is if Oliver could even play that position.

16 minutes ago, Rock'em Sock'em said:

Star was definitely not manhandled on Henry's long TD run.  He did a good job sealing the edge and squeezing the defender.  Henry ran away from Star on that play.  IMO, that play could have most easily been stopped by Milano (wrong gap) and Hyde (bad angle).  Replay starts at 1:00.

EDIT: That being said, Star's 49.9 PFF rating for the season is below Harrison Phillips' 77 rating.

Dude, watch your quotations,  I did not say what you quoted me as saying (that Star was manhandled on Henry's long run.  Thanks.

I think DL is next to OL on being the most suspect of PFF's ratings.  They don't know what the assignment is and they have dudes in Ireland to whom "football" is played bareheaded, in shorts, with a black and white ball, doing the grading (my understanding)

• Thank you (+1) 1

35 minutes ago, No Place To Hyde said:

Again, I'm choosing not to have this debate here. If you would like to discuss matters of what 2 other people were speaking about you are more than welcome to PM me and take it out of this thread. Thank you.

There’s no place to hyde…(couldn’t resist). 

2 hours ago, NewEra said:

I just hope his family is ok and that he plays in all of the playoff games.   He’s not great but he’s better than Ankou (who has been decent) and makes our team better than we are without him.  Marginally better is better than not being marginally better.  

If Zimmer hadn't gotten injured their DT rotation could spare Star........but when Butler and Ankou have to come in together.........it's a passers paradise in the pocket........no push whatsoever.

28 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

If Zimmer hadn't gotten injured their DT rotation could spare Star........but when Butler and Ankou have to come in together.........it's a passers paradise in the pocket........no push whatsoever.

Yeah butler is atrocious minus 3 plays vs his former team. Totally forgot about Zimmer.  Poor kid.  He was playing his best football vs the run.

• Agree 1

7 hours ago, Success said:

Honestly, if we do have a run in us for the SB, I think Star will be key.  He's simply our best run stuffer when he plays, and that is our biggest liability on D when he's not in there.

Meh, I don’t think he’ll make much difference. There has been many times in the past when the defense has gotten thrashed on the ground with Mr. Dependable playing DT.  At this point, he’s Harry’s backup

3 hours ago, Beast said:

If we play Indy again, I wonder how a front four of Star and Harry in the middle with Rousseau and Oliver on the ends would look. That is if Oliver could even play that position.

It hasn't been a lot, but Oliver has played some snaps at End this year.

• Like (+1) 1

12 hours ago, clearwater cadet said:

I thought we missed those two games?

Outside of 2 runs I'd say yes.  

We couldn't stop Tannehill in the 2nd half 

The Patriots did nothing outside the long run then basically went 3...3....3....3...2....punt.  Something like that.  

Is he Vita Vea heck no but he helps.  

And I don't think he played against the Colts.

Edited by Big Blitz

If he can come back and play well it will be huge. Especially with Harrison Phillips playing well lately. Run defense could start looking respectable. Especially if we draw the Colts or Titans with Henry back in the playoffs.

Hope all is well in his personal life.

5 minutes ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

Yes, PFF’s 97th of 102 DT is back!

PFF doesn’t know squat. If Star occupies 2 blockers, he’s probably doing his job as NT. Do they consider that a positive play in their grading rubric where they are guessing who has what responsibilities?

Edited by DapperCam

18 hours ago, Rock'em Sock'em said:

EDIT: That being said, Star's 49.9 PFF rating for the season is below Harrison Phillips' 77 rating.

That's why there's no reason to believe that our run defense will be better with him than without him.

He's the Jon Feliciano/Ike Boettger of the defense - purely replacement level play this year.

On 12/29/2021 at 1:17 PM, Beast said:

I will say this....possibly thinking outside of the box with this one.

It wouldn’t look like anything.  We would never run it.  Ever

On 12/29/2021 at 12:39 PM, Billsatlastin2018 said:

Bottom line for Star, with personal family tragedy confirmed or not?

Can he stay on the field with regularity?

Can he play well with regularity?

If those two questions come up empty, he can no longer be a Buffalo Bill in 2022!

Exactly,  as we've heard 100x the best ability is availability. As Hap mentioned we just don't know where Star's head is right now?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.