12/26/21 Week 16 Gameday Bills @ Patriots* Postgame Thread

Hapless Bills Fan

5 minutes ago, Bockeye said:

Games on Josh. So many broken bad plays where Josh got it done (throws back across the field for example).  Daboll has to be better…..but kick ass game overall and we beat the Pats. 

Josh deserves most of the credit but Daboll's game plan was solid. He used the running game effectively, lots of motion, misdirection plays, short underneath passes, Josh under center more, etc...I don't get the Daboll hate in this game. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, muppy said:

I think back to that iconic huge Thanksgiving victory in Dallas that convinced me he was the One.......today was amazing too.  How fortunate are we to be discussing such lofty topics eh Logic?  HA :-)))))

I feel like that Dallas game gets maybe more credit than it deserves for being like the first big national spotlight where he played really well. This game the stakes it had and just the fact that there were maybe a couple bad plays from him but they might of just been miscommunications in a very hostile environment just feels better. Maybe the Seatle game tops it?

• Thank you (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, Logic said:

This may be a controversial opinion, but...

Given the stakes of today's game, the surrounding roster circumstances, and the opponent...I thought today was Allen's best game as a pro.

He seemed to make the correct decision on almost every play.

When the Pats dropped defenders deep, he checked it down. When they finally squatted on the short stuff, he hit them medium and deep. When his protection held up, he stayed in the pocket. When it broke down, he ran for positive yards or rolled out and found an open receiver. He played within the structure of the offense and the gameplan. He took what the defense gave him ALL. GAME. LONG.

Yes, he had two passes that could and maybe should have been picked. Other than those two passes, he had just about a perfect game. The Pats defenders even said in the post-game pressers that he just beat whatever they were throwing at him all game long.

Mind you: This was against the number one defense in the league, arguably the best defensive mind and head coach of all time, in their house, for the division. Zero punts. 33 points. Domination.

Best game as a pro. I'm sticking with it.

Yep. I said that after the game as well.

100 percent agree with you!

• Like (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

Josh deserves most of the credit but Daboll's game plan was solid. He used the running game effectively, lots of motion, misdirection plays, short underneath passes, Josh under center more, etc...I don't get the Daboll hate in this game. 

I agree with this. I don’t hate Daboll but he needs to do better. Josh shouldn’t be holding on to the ball that long, improvising plays, etc.  Daboll is def an above average play caller with a kick as QB and WR’s (and maybe average to  below average O-Line).  

Suffering Bills fans want to see a 45-0 score. Maybe need to adjust my shades. 

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

I think Josh might of been a little more annoyed by that Pro Bowl snub than he's let on.

It’s probably more the Patriots talking crap all day and Belichick has talked down Allen in the past. They don’t respect him and he finally vented out loud. Good for him.  F the entire Pats nation, players and Bill Belichick. 

• Like (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

I feel like that Dallas game gets maybe more credit than it deserves for being like the first big national spotlight where he played really well. This game the stakes it had and just the fact that there were maybe a couple bad plays from him but they might of just been miscommunications in a very hostile environment just feels better. Maybe the Seatle game tops it?

yeah Im not being completely objective,..the thanksgiving game at the time was just so danged satisfying/exciting/thrilling for me in my memory lore it rises to the top for me personally

• Like (+1) 1

37 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

Honestly the only other game I can think where he basically pulled a "fine, I'll do it myself" was the playoffs against the colts last year.

1 hour ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Anyone see this yet?

Or this?

Omg, after listening to that I just want to go to the bathroom drop my drawers and pleasure myself. I can't get tired of listening to that. 

39 minutes ago, buffalochips said:

not that big of a win, Patriots are trash with a joke of a quarterback. Big wins come in the playoffs, like against Tennessee and the refs.

You don't know football with all due respect. Hopefully, It was sarcasm.

• Haha (+1) 1

44 minutes ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

Some Pats Fan on another thread is trying to tell me Belichick wouldn’t want Allen as his QB… the really do drink the Belichick Koolaide.

Allen's missing it where it counts the most. Between the ears. 

44 minutes ago, BillsfaninSB said:

Did not see the game. 

Seems like the refs did a good job.  True?

Some of the worst calls I've ever seen. 

Edited by tom444
  • Vomit 2
  • Eyeroll 2
  • Haha (+1) 6

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/nfl-week-16-grades-bills-get-an-a-for-dominating-win-over-patriots-chargers-get-an-f-for-ugly-loss/

Buffalo 33-21 over New England 

Bills

The Bills had control of this game essentially wire to wire. They were able to move the ball on offense with relative ease as they averaged 5.7 yards per play. Of their nine offensive possessions, seven traveled into the red zone while the other two were clock-killing measures at the end of the first half and regulation. They were also strong on fourth down, converting three of their four attempts, including a clutch conversion on a Josh Allen rollout run with the game still tight in the fourth quarter. Defensively, they held the Patriots' passing game in check as they only were able to move it 145 yards through the air. Buffalo also was extremely stout on third down, holding New England to one conversion on 10 attempts. Allen was masterful in this game with both his arm and legs. He finished with three passing touchdowns while making some clutch plays on the ground as well. 

Patriots

It was another flat effort by New England pretty much from the jump. The offense couldn't find much consistency, while the defense couldn't quite get off the field with the same efficiency as it did during its winning streak throughout the season. Penalties also proved to be massive killers for the Patriots as well. Christian Barmore was called for an encroachment infraction that turned a fourth-and-7 attempt for the Bills into a fourth-and-2 with just over two minutes left in the first half. The Bills would convert that shorter situation and eventually score a touchdown. On the following offensive possession for New England, left tackle Trent Brown was called for an unsportsmanlike penalty that killed all the momentum that they previously had been riding on during that possession. Instead of putting points on the board before the half, they punted the ball away just two plays after that penalty. The passing game was also not particularly prolific in this loss. New England does get some credit for its scoring flurry in the second half to stay in it, but there were too many mistakes to ultimately pull out the win. 

No not THAT Sullivan

Bills-Patriots grades by Tyler Sullivan (Love the grades? Hate the grades?

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, newcam2012 said:

Early in the game not getting the TDs inside the red zone - I think we were stopped on a 4th down and settled for a FG we all felt we should have had 21 or even 28 points at halftime.   

I recall a series inside the 3 yard line and I think and he went pass pass pass.   I'd have to double check I commented on it during the game.  

That's where I think this games frustration toward him probably came from I know it was for me. 

That being said the 2nd half was phenomenal and you saw the continuation of the game plan but probably executed better - and Josh went full Superman.   

Good job by Daboll and the Oline/offensive coaches this week getting guys to fill in and kicking that D and Hall of Fame coach's **s today.  

• Like (+1) 1

51 minutes ago, tom444 said:

Allen's missing it where it counts the most. Between the ears. 

Some of the worst calls I've ever seen. 

The refs were literally excellent today lol. The only thing I remember that was bad didn't even hurt the pats, it was a phantom call on Taron Johnson, who had excellent coverage on the play. 

Allen's such a dummy that he has ragdolled your team in your building two years in a row, the first two of many. Enjoy. Have the Pats forced Allen off the field for a punt even one time in the last two non-hurricane games they've played? I don't think the Bills have punted against NE in those circumstances since 2019

Edited by arcane
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Something odd I've noticed:

In 2017, the Bills played at New England in week 16.

In 2018, the Bills played at New England in week 16.

In 2019, the Bills played at New England in week 16.

In 2020, the Bills played at New England in week 16.

In 2021, the Bills played at New England in week 16.

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, The Wiz said:

Honestly the only other game I can think where he basically pulled a "fine, I'll do it myself" was the playoffs against the colts last year.

I also think those are his best two games so far but today's gets the edge due to his patience, using all parts of the field and couple of throwaway (instead of making a risky play). Just an incredible performance today supported by ol, McK, Diggs, Singletary

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, arcane said:

Something odd I've noticed:

In 2017, the Bills played at New England in week 16.

In 2018, the Bills played at New England in week 16.

In 2019, the Bills played at New England in week 16.

In 2020, the Bills played at New England in week 16.

In 2021, the Bills played at New England in week 16.

We also seem to not only seem to always play the Titans but play them around the same time of year.

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Logic said:

This may be a controversial opinion, but...

Given the stakes of today's game, the surrounding roster circumstances, and the opponent...I thought today was Allen's best game as a pro.

He seemed to make the correct decision on almost every play.

When the Pats dropped defenders deep, he checked it down. When they finally squatted on the short stuff, he hit them medium and deep. When his protection held up, he stayed in the pocket. When it broke down, he ran for positive yards or rolled out and found an open receiver. He played within the structure of the offense and the gameplan. He took what the defense gave him ALL. GAME. LONG.

Yes, he had two passes that could and maybe should have been picked. Other than those two passes, he had just about a perfect game. The Pats defenders even said in the post-game pressers that he just beat whatever they were throwing at him all game long.

Mind you: This was against the number one defense in the league, arguably the best defensive mind and head coach of all time, in their house, for the division. Zero punts. 33 points. Domination.

Best game as a pro. I'm sticking with it.

Heck, I agreed 100% with you before you even posted:

• Awesome! (+1) 2

7 hours ago, K-9 said:

I can’t agree that Jones is trash as he makes the correct decisions most of the time and that’s not insignificant, especially for a rookie.. He may lack the physical ability to complete the execution of that good decision making though. He’s got game manger written all over him at the moment though. 

He’s trash. Plain & simple. But I hope he’s the Pats* QB for the next 10+ years.

7 hours ago, Bimmer323i said:

I don’t trust our defense… I was really disappointed with them today

Hurry!  Your bus is leaving.

7 hours ago, MAJBobby said:

What a POS!

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.