Tom Brady, 2021 Sportsman of the Year

BillnutinHouston

1 minute ago, BillnutinHouston said:

What were they?

Going onto the field and clapping in Brady's face after he threw an INT.  I can't see any respected HC in the league doing that.

@MJS

Edited by Gugny
  • Agree 3

11 minutes ago, BillnutinHouston said:

Who did the coach think he was, Urban Meyer?! Good for Brady! Nothing wrong here. Unless you just want to find another reason to hate on the GOAT. He kicked our ass for 20 yrs. Gert over it. 

• Eyeroll 3
  • Disagree 2
  • Dislike 1

0A41699C-FDE6-423B-82AC-D0254335FC43.jpeg

8 minutes ago, Gugny said:

There is a clip in the OP's link.

Idk….it doesn’t look like he’s looking at Brady imo.  As Brady comes over he starts to look at him.  Looked to me like he was looking at another player on the field and clapping, but I can’t see if there’s anyone else there.  

either way, a competitive dude was pissed and said bad words.  This is wutevs 

• Haha (+1) 5

3 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

How dare he clap when one of the players he coaches makes a play against Brady....how dare he?

There's no HC in the NFL ... hell, there's no other person on the planet ... who claps more than McDermott.  

Have you ever seen him taunt any player on any opponent's team by clapping in the player's direction/view?

No.  Because it's Bush League, unprofessional crap. 

Brady had every right to tell him to go eff himself.

• Disagree 1

10 minutes ago, Gugny said:

There's no HC in the NFL ... hell, there's no other person on the planet ... who claps more than McDermott.  

Have you ever seen him taunt any player on any opponent's team by clapping in the player's direction/view?

Well, hard to know from this clip if he was just clapping for the INT his player did, or if indeed he was being an ass to Brady's face... which should be... taunting ha ha. 

• Disagree 1

17 minutes ago, Gugny said:

I mean sure I only see from the angle facing McDermott and not where he's clapping at, but I'm sure he's cautious enough to only clap towards on of his players, the sky, an empty patch of grass, or worst case some poor unsuspecting fan.

Just now, Hapless Bills Fan said:

He wasn't in Brady's face.  Brady jogged all the way over to the sideline to get in his face and tell him to go ***** himself.

Thank you!

Why is Brady going all the way over to the opponent's sideline and not going back to his own team's sideline?

Brady can piss off. The biggest whiner in the history of the NFL.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

21 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Dammit I'm going to fall for your troll job...

He thought brady was coming over to talk to him.  You can even see him lean in as he expects him to say something.

You're not just wrong there either...

Payton tested positive, that wasn't their HC.  He was only serving in that capacity yesterday.

Also Jason Garrett claps way more than McDermott.

Lastly, it's okay to react that way because someone clapped in your direction? Where is either of their taunting penalties then?

2 minutes ago, section122 said:

Dammit I'm going to fall for your troll job...

He thought brady was coming over to talk to him.  You can even see him lean in as he expects him to say something.

You're not just wrong there either...

Payton tested positive, that wasn't their HC.  He was only serving in that capacity yesterday.

Also Jason Garrett claps way more than McDermott.

Lastly, it's okay to react that way because someone clapped in your direction? Where is either of their taunting penalties then?

This wasn't a troll job, I swear!

Perhaps I misinterpreted what I saw, I don't know.  I know this was a stand-in coach, but since he was the HC for that game, one would expect him to wear that hat with the proper level of professionalism.

And yeah ... if a HC taunts a player, I think the player should tell him to go eff himself 100 out of 100 times!

38 minutes ago, Dopey said:

Who did the coach think he was, Urban Meyer?! Good for Brady! Nothing wrong here. Unless you just want to find another reason to hate on the GOAT. He kicked our ass for 20 yrs. Gert over it. 

That has nothing to do with this. Brady brings this on himself. The so-called GOAT has shown us many times how classless he can be, and everyone always gives him a pass on it. So excuse for calling him out showing what a real jerk he can be.

Brady willingly ran over to the opposing teams sidelines to do this. Why can't the "GOAT" just suck it up and go to his own sideline and just take it?

• Agree 2

27 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

He wasn't in Brady's face.  Brady jogged all the way over to the sideline to get in his face and tell him to go ***** himself.

Their is a pettiness by Brady in this situation that I can truly appreciate lol

25 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

As Brady approached, coach was on the field clapping and yelling in his direction. Was he in his face? No, but it does look like he was talking to Brady about the int. I'm speculating, but so is anyone else here. Again, good on Brady to show the fire he still has. If it was Josh, this board would be praising that same fire/attitude. Go to 50 seconds into this video and tell me coach isn't on the field barking at Brady. He was not on the sidelines, he was on the field. For reference, the int happened along the Saints sidelines. It's not like Brady ran across the field to confront him. But, it's Brady and a lot of people here seem to have an inferiority complex with Brady and look for any little thing to blast him for. He's not it the AFCE anymore. Let it go.

• Eyeroll 1
  • Disagree 4
  • Agree 1

31 minutes ago, Dopey said:

As Brady approached, coach was on the field clapping and yelling in his direction. Was he in his face? No, but it does look like he was talking to Brady about the int. I'm speculating, but so is anyone else here. Again, good on Brady to show the fire he still has. If it was Josh, this board would be praising that same fire/attitude. Go to 50 seconds into this video and tell me coach isn't on the field barking at Brady. He was not on the sidelines, he was on the field. For reference, the int happened along the Saints sidelines. It's not like Brady ran across the field to confront him. But, it's Brady and a lot of people here seem to have an inferiority complex with Brady and look for any little thing to blast him for. He's not it the AFCE anymore. Let it go.

What on earth are you talking about?  "As Brady approached..." the wrong side of the field?  The Saint's bench?  Over what, a great defensive play by the defender?  How often do you actually see a player jog over to engage in the other team's coach?  Even if the coach is trash talking Brady to get under his skin--a possibility of course--so?  In today's NFL, an int is typically followed by an exquisitely choreographed sprint and dance routine in the end zone.  

This isn't about competitive fire, this is about a momentary lapse in discipline from a highly motivated and disciplined player.  Getting upset because a coach was happy about the outcome of a play is Pop Warner stuff.  He probably should have been flagged for engaging.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Gugny said:

Good claps and bad claps 

42 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

What on earth are you talking about?  "As Brady approached..." the wrong side of the field?  The Saint's bench?  Over what, a great defensive play by the defender?  How often do you actually see a player jog over to engage in the other team's coach?  Even if the coach is trash talking Brady to get under his skin--a possibility of course--so?  In today's NFL, an int is typically followed by an exquisitely choreographed sprint and dance routine in the end zone.  

This isn't about competitive fire, this is about a momentary lapse in discipline from a highly motivated and disciplined player.  Getting upset because a coach was happy about the outcome of a play is Pop Warner stuff.  He probably should have been flagged for engaging.  

What on earth am I taking about? I know what side of the field he was on. When Brady threw the int. he was running towards the Saints sidelines to avoid the defenders coming at him. So the Saints coach took the opportunity to let Brady have it. How often do you see a coach doing what he did?! 

You say even if the coach did that, so?!?

Same for Brady. He did what he did. So?!?  You're letting your hatred for Brady cloud your thoughts. 

I'm guessing 99% on this board would applaud Josh for doing this, myself included. GOAT haters acting like Josh wouldn't respond in that scenario. Josh has the same competitiveness/fire. And I like it.

That's what's the hell I'm talking about.

Edited by Dopey
  • Vomit 1
  • Disagree 3

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.