If the Bills re-sign Edmunds, they're stupid.

damj

Edmunds had one of his better games today in by far what has been his best season. For a long while out there he was about the only defender playing with fire and bringing the lumber. Was all over the field thudding people.We are chastising him as “awful” now because of the near 4 th down stop and the final play having to cover a wr????  The defense was a master class in the second half. So Highly, highly unlikely to suck it up and strap it on and come back like that against THIS team without some serious heart and execution. It’s the same thread over and over… Edmunds is “awful” because he’s not an all pro and we drafted him too high for that to be acceptable. Show me a coach or trusted film analyst saying Edmund’s played poorly today. Our fan base on this board blows in rough times and we really have very few who have any idea what’s happening out there on the field. I figured it would be fairly obvious that he played a good game tonight but nope.

• Disagree 3
  • Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, damj said:

Name one game in the last 4 years where Edmunds has made an impact play with the game on the line. 

I'll wait

I find it weird after that gross display of officiating you are still having a meltdown over Edmunds.  I am fine replacing him next year.  I am still nauseous over the officiating.  You can bash away.  I sill dont get the hate.  He was not the reason we lost. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

29 minutes ago, damj said:

Once again... Edmunds is close, but fails. 

I'm not talking about the touchdown... I'm talking 3rd and 3, he penetrates and fails to make the tackle. 

He is good. But he is not an impact LB. 

I gave you an 'Agree' reaction but removed it when I saw that you said "He is good."

• Haha (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, BuffaloRebound said:

He’s an OK mlb.  Just never makes a game changing play.  I don’t blame him for the last play.  It’s usually not totally his fault.  You just can’t pay him top 10 LB money.  I’d offer him $10m per year max. Let him walk if he wants more than that. 

I agree, I'm not a fan of him at all but ill give him that he's an ok LB. But I think the 3rd and short play is gonna be his entire career, we needed a big play in a big moment, free gap, face to face  with fournette, need a stop for loss, misses with the arm tackle, bucs get the 1st, bills loss the game. I think that's always gonna be edmunds.

• Agree 1

24 minutes ago, damj said:

He is good. But he is not an impact LB. 

At last in these endless anti-Edmunds thread, the first post is accurate. He's just good, and that isn't good enough. So many times he makes a tackle and the RB has already gained 5+ yards or the receiver caught the pass.

Today he was horrible except for one drive in the 1st half. He and Spencer Brown who decided to imitate Cody Ford.

In the 2nd half at least all played better. But yeah my GF could hear me mouth off against him often and while I sure get mad and swear a lot ha ha, I rarely mouth off against Bills players

Josh, Diggs, Knox, Harriss, Poyer, Milano, Wallace. they played hard. Davis too.

Was Diggs injured? He came off the field a lot in the 4th quarter, and he and Josh were not on the same page anymore

2 minutes ago, 34-78-83 said:

Edmunds had one of his better games today in by far what has been his best season. For a long while out there he was about the only defender playing with fire and bringing the lumber. Was all over the field thudding people.We are chastising him as “awful” now because of the near 4 th down stop and the final play having to cover a wr????  The defense was a master class in the second half. So Highly, highly unlikely to suck it up and strap it on and come back like that against THIS team without some serious heart and execution. It’s the same thread over and over… Edmunds is “awful” because he’s not an all pro and we drafted him too high for that to be acceptable. Show me a coach or trusted film analyst saying Edmund’s played poorly today. Our fan base on this board blows in rough times and we really have very few who have any idea what’s happening out there on the field. I figured it would be fairly obvious that he played a good game tonight but nope.

I've never seen Edmunds bring the lumber. He's basically Preston Brown 2.0 but worse so far.

His coverage skills are among the worse too. He is who teams attack on 3rd when Tre is in the game

• damj changed the title to If the Bills re-sign Edmunds, they're stupid.
27 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Gee I've been saying that for 4 years. This clown is pure garbage. And all the embarrassing Edmunds apologists should be ashamed.

The vocal, pro-Bills-at-all-costs majority at this forum is often wrong...but eventually they come around.

Notice how the masses are now starting to open to the idea that McDermott is a middling game manager.

Some of us pointed that out several years ago.

2 minutes ago, 2020 Our Year For Sure said:

I gave you an 'Agree' reaction but removed it when I saw that you said "He is good."

He is good... Let's not get crazy. He calls the d plays and you can count on him 80% of the time, but he's never a difference maker. 

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, VaMilBill said:

Edmunds is a solid player. He’s just not a playmaker. 

we clearly need more money invested in our O line. I’d choose not to re-sign him unless it’s on the cheap (which he will not do)

I'm not trolling and I'm genuinely asking you.

When you say he's a "solid player", what aspects do you think he's solid in?

For me personally I see a guy who can't get off blocks, gets easy manipulated by the Quarterbacks eyes, isn't a "hard hitting" linebacker, and he basically makes no impact plays.

Edit: And to add, I think he really struggles diagnosing gaps on run fits

Edited by BillsFan130
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Nextmanup said:

The vocal, pro-Bills-at-all-costs majority at this forum is often wrong...but eventually they come around.

Notice how the masses are now starting to open to the idea that McDermott is a middling game manager.

Some of us pointed that out several years ago.

True. 

4th and goal on the 4, down by 10, TB driving on us at will and he goes for 3. That's a middling game manager, playing not to lose. 

Go for it. Get it and you're down by 3. Don't get it and you get an additional 20 yards to work with and try to make a stop. 

• Like (+1) 1

On that 3rd and 3. He takes him head on the RB doesn’t make that 1st. He’s soft so he took an angle and gave up his levarge. 

Tremaine is a good athlete but he doesn’t have the instincts and hes not physical enough at the point of attack to play middle. They need to move him outside or let him go. Bills are fools if they pay him

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

1 minute ago, BillMafia716ix said:

On that 3rd and 3. He takes him head on the RB doesn’t make that 1st. He’s soft so he took an angle and gave up his levarge. 

Tremaine is a good athlete but he doesn’t have the instincts and hes not physical enough at the point of attack to play middle. They need to move him outside or let him go. Bills are fools if they pay him

He doesn't recognize the play till the play is already by him.

14 minutes ago, Chaos said:

Edmunds is frustrating. I think he gets a lot of attention because he is "around" so many plays.  Which I guess is a good thing.  But too many of those plays seem to be failures at some level. 

This. He does get more hate than he deserves sometimes. But I feel like I find myself yelling at my tv "shed a block edmunds!" Alot.

Edited by Norcalbillsfan

8 minutes ago, goldenboy81 said:

I've never seen Edmunds bring the lumber. He's basically Preston Brown 2.0 but worse so far.

His coverage skills are among the worse too. He is who teams attack on 3rd when Tre is in the game

Teams attack our zone concepts, nota particular guy in most cases. Zone coverage is fluid and guys pass from one zone to the next as they run their routes. And if you’ve never seen the lumber, look At tonight’s game. Especially 2nd half. It was there. Or you can just pile on.

he’s just the punching bag of the fan base like Knox was. That’s the entirety of it. He 100% needed to take a step up this year and has done so. Not all pro, not perfect but he’sa good player.

• Dislike 1

40 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Gee I've been saying that for 4 years. This clown is pure garbage. And all the embarrassing Edmunds apologists should be ashamed.

I haven't been as down on Edmunds much.

After today's game - I've seen the light.

I've always chalked it up to his youth, and then role he was thrusted into at 19 years old, calling signals for an NFL team as a rookie.

But it's year 4 now, right?

28 minutes ago, Haze_21 said:

He wants no part of making a head on tackle on a rb with a head of steam. After ryan shazier I dont blame him but I also don't want him in the middle long term. I have been sounding like a conspiracy nut for years saying he purposely takes on blocks rather than attack runners but it is becoming undeniable.

Honestly not really a conspiracy at this point. He trys to arm tackle everything 

If the switch hasn't flipped for Edmunds yet then I don't believe it ever will. He gets fortunate enough to guess the right gap to shoot every now and again where he makes a solid play. But his lack of instincts and inconsistency still shows through too often. He will never be Keuchley. We need an upgrade. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.