What happened to Star?

JerseyBills

23 hours ago, JerseyBills said:

Lost in all this madness I've yet to hear anything on Star. I did miss the pre game and got home around 8 , mixed with some cocktails I have no recollection of hearing anything about Star. I know he went on the covid list with Brown , figured they'd come back together.. mods can merge or delete I know this is a weak thread but appreciate any explanations. 

Played.

Took 53% of the snaps which is an unusually high number considering Phillips, whom he usually rotates with, took 65%.

I think he came back slower (he's older).

Did he have a tackle against the patriots?  As in one?    Looks like zip in a game the other team ran over 40 times.  Guy sat out because he was worried about covid, then the next year he's so worried he doesnt get vaxed.  Guy's heart isn't in it and he's stealing money.  Your eyes aren't lying to you, he sucks.  

A post June 1 cut next year, costing 2.7 in dead money and saving 6.7 in cap space, should be an easy call for Beane.

Edited by billsfan714
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

On 12/7/2021 at 1:53 PM, billsfan714 said:

The day we get out his contract cannot come soon enough.

I was looking at mock drafts on walter football and they had the Bills taking a LB (Harris- Alabama) with their 2nd round pick and the accompanying verbage said “Edmunds may be on his way out this offseason “

I’m at the point where I’m ready to gut this defense in the off-season to build the offense.  

There’s enough investment in Poyer, Hyde, White, Milano, Oliver, Rousseau, Basham and Epenesa.   Figure it out and add some vets and mid-late round draft picks to that group.    

We’re dedicating way too many assets to a good, not great, defense that doesn’t impose its will against teams above average.   

Meanwhile Josh has to wear a Superman cape and do everything on offense, while we have 2nd round picks inactive on defense half the time. 

Edited by SCBills
  • Agree 2

On 12/8/2021 at 11:13 AM, BUFFALOBART said:

Marcell Dareus

He was the most dominant DT in football before he was asked to drop back in coverage lol. He also had a pretty good run for the Jags. Our run defense has never been the same. 

6 hours ago, BobbyC81 said:

I was looking at mock drafts on walter football and they had the Bills taking a LB (Harris- Alabama) with their 2nd round pick and the accompanying verbage said “Edmunds may be on his way out this offseason “

Idk why they don't shift him outside and let his athleticism shine. He was graded out as an OLB by more than a few places for the draft. 

The guy has now played exactly 50% of his games since he has been here.   The contract, and the Bills inability to get out of it is an embarrassment.  If your record tells you who you are, then the Bills were better off without the guy.   Post June 1st cut next year.  You cant hold onto a 33 year old guy who has only played half of the games.

I am guessing he is struggling with post-COVID issues. Dion Dawkins was online last week and said Star messaged him about issues he was having (chest pains, etc) and that the Bills had given him (Dion) a medical cocktail to deal with the issues and that he recommended to Star to seek similar treatment. He was on a limited snap count during the Pats game and recorded no tackles. Seems he is struggling  come back from COVID. 

• Agree 1

23 minutes ago, Fallsnative01 said:

I am guessing he is struggling with post-COVID issues. Dion Dawkins was online last week and said Star messaged him about issues he was having (chest pains, etc) and that the Bills had given him (Dion) a medical cocktail to deal with the issues and that he recommended to Star to seek similar treatment. He was on a limited snap count during the Pats game and recorded no tackles. Seems he is struggling  come back from COVID. 

He may have just legitimately hurt his toe but it still boggles my mind he doesn't get the vaccine after taking the year out because of COVID.  Then he doesn't get the vaccine making it far more likely he'll catch COVID.  

• Like (+1) 2

This guy is just a turd. I hated the signing from the beginning and made it known and got flamed. You hear posters here proclaim him a difference maker "when" he plays and it such BS. He may be the best option we have at the position but he's still garbage.  Can't wait until this bum is gone. Why was he retained? The team was in the AFCCG without his dead weight holding them down. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

57 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

He may have just legitimately hurt his toe but it still boggles my mind he doesn't get the vaccine after taking the year out because of COVID.  Then he doesn't get the vaccine making it far more likely he'll catch COVID.  

Maybe it was all BS and he saw the opportunity to stave off his contract execution and cash in an extra $500k.

NAWWWWW NO WAY 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

On 12/7/2021 at 5:16 PM, The Frankish Reich said:

Because holding a team to 14 points on a night where they were unable to pass the ball should get you some kind of special achievement award.

Nah, they didn't want an award. They wanted/needed the offense to hold up their end of the bargain. One TD and two FGs allowed and what did the offense do? 

On 12/7/2021 at 6:55 PM, Paup 1995MVP said:

Do you mean Edmunds or Star?  Because we can do much better then Edmunds and for a lot cheaper.   

How about Vernon Butler?  He didn't show up last nite either.  I forgot he was inactive.  Eli Ankou replaced him.  Nice move keeping do nothing Vernon and his big contract another year.  If we had gotten rid of Hughes Addison and Butler in the offseason, we would have saved approx 19 mill against the cap.  I am sure we could have found suitable replacements who were cheaper.  But this regime hopefully has learned its lesson.  And will take the offseason a little more seriously next year.  Because they should only be given one mulligan if that.

So, the OP made it clear who he was referencing. Let me help you out. See below.

JerseyBills

·        

·         Community Member

o     5.1k

Posted Tuesday at 03:29 PM

Lost in all this madness I've yet to hear anything on Star. I did miss the pre game and got home around 8 , mixed with some cocktails I have no recollection of hearing anything about Star. I know he went on the covid list with Brown , figured they'd come back together.. mods can merge or delete I know this is a weak thread but appreciate any explanations. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.