December 6, 2021 Gameday Bills vs. Patriots* Pregame Thread

Chandler#81

1 minute ago, TH3 said:

Bills have a higher ypc and higher per game total rushing average than Pats….so what are we talking about?

Do we run it better than we defend the run? Yes 

I am still wounded from the Colts game

Edited by OZBILLS

this feels like the Tennesee game and Chiefs game last year,  where injuries and the weather favored the other team.    no Tre against the Titans and the weather for the Chiefs game was terrible for passing.   this time,  we get both,  no Tre, and crappy passing game weather.    if we dont win in trenches all night long,  its gonna be rough.   sadly we dont seem to win in the trenches even in the best of conditions.     

we need turnovers.  Go Bills!

.I think the weather favors the Bills.  Passing will be difficult for both teams, but I will take the QB with the stronger arm and and a history of playing in winter conditions. Mac Jones has neither.  NE will be even more one dimensional than usual.  For all the talk about their running game, they really are nothing special there.  They are not about to over power the Bills like Indy did, especially without much threat from their play action passing game.  The Bills will be far less limited in their play calling.  Their QB is no threat to run and ours is. The Bills have a better kicker as well.  

I think the Bills put up at least 20.  The Pats will be lucky to break into double digits.  

This all assumes of course a fairly called game.  Big assumption.

Edited by FLFan
  • Like (+1) 2

14 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Lets hope! My point was the wind will affect any Qb regardless of how far he tries to throw it. 

Of course but would you agree that a QB that normally throws the ball 5 yards likely is affected less than one that like to throw downfield a lot?  The further a ball travels the more it is affected by the wind.  Also, I am not going to do the math on this but if a ball is thrown 5 yards and its a couple inches off target... how far off target is it 15 yards?

2 minutes ago, JaCrispy said:

I hope tonight’s game changes the Pegula’s mind about an open air stadium...

I kind of hope it changes the team construction of being so pass heavy.

Build the O-line & running game to support Allen.  Even if we build a dome in Buffalo, we still have to play in NE, NY & plenty of other places where the wind blows and the snow snows.

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, TH3 said:

Patriots D gives up 40 more yards per game rushing and over half a yard more per carry…..So what are YOU talking about?

I think the media hype machine has some people spooked lol I’ve never seen such a mismatch with how they are hyping up a team and the actual positional matchups on the field.  It’s borderline illogical. Pats could certainly win the game but they are all kinds of overrated even while playing well...it’s no fault of their own they are just being talked about like they’re the 07 pats for some reason haha They’re getting the benefit of the doubt because of their history but they don’t have a statement win all season our team has won some huge games the last few years so if anyone gets the benefit of the doubt it should be us. The script has really flipped since Brady left and it’s weird to be in this position…we have definitely got hyped up as a possible team to dethrone NE numerous times throughout the years only to be torched by Brady when the game is actually played lol if NE wins tonight I’m all for talking about them as a potential super bowl team but let’s play the game first…the fact that they blew out teams like the falcons doesn’t mean diddly when they get to the playoffs 

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan