I'm afraid of the refs

JerseyBills

Here we go again..  so the refs already decided who won tonight.  Right ok.  So we shouldn’t even watch the game and put ourselves through the agony? 

If you truly believe that the refs are not going to call a fair game then do not watch it.  Plenty of better things to do then to watch and therefore support tainted results.

Edited by KeLLy1278
  • Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

I've been saying this all week. The NFL is targeting a Belichick v Brady SB.  This is no newsflash. The refs will definitely factor in tonight. A Josh v Aaron SB is just not as compelling for revenue. We're getting screwed tonight. Prepare for it.  Hopefully I'm wrong?

Any prediction of the league trying to maximize viewership of the SB (and the associated revenue that comes with that) by favoring certain teams and which doesn't include the Dallas Cowboys is doing it wrong. 

Edited by dave mcbride
  • Haha (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Beast said:

The thing I don’t understand….if some of you guys really feel that the refs are out make sure a couple select teams win, why in hell do you follow the NFL? If for even a second I felt the league was rigged I’d dump the sport in a hurry. I’m not about to watch a league that has the same credibility, or even less, than the WWF.

Could one of you conspiracy theorists please explain why you are a fan of this league? 

Did you know, NFL and WWE are both labeled as entertainment companies? I know the WWE gets that label because its fake, I wonder why the NFL gets it…..

• Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, CircleTheWagons99 said:

Did you know, NFL and WWE are both labeled as entertainment companies? I know the WWE gets that label because its fake, I wonder why the NFL gets it…..

NFL is one company with 32 divisions, while the other sports are 32 organizations with agreement with each other. I believe it is due to the TV contracts- no NFL team can make a TV contract by themselves like all the other sports. 

27 minutes ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

This crew only throws 7.5 penalties per 

is it game, team or favorite BB wearing 55???

Seeing as the average game has 6 calls for false starts and off sides kinda calls that number sounds great.

1 hour ago, LABILLBACKER said:

I've been saying this all week. The NFL is targeting a Belichick v Brady SB.  This is no newsflash. The refs will definitely factor in tonight. A Josh v Aaron SB is just not as compelling for revenue. We're getting screwed tonight. Prepare for it.  Hopefully I'm wrong?

They just won’t accept it. Even when the NFL legally defends itself as entertainment and not sport in the Supreme Court, even after watching the refs manufacture the upset of the year w Jags/Bills (and every survivor pool lock pick and all money on the Bills), even after a guy with two huge picks in a super bowl flat out said the league is rigged, even after Jerry rice and tim brown have said the Bucs/Raiders super bowl was rigged by callahan, even after 5-6 tweets by NFL players describing the scripting—Ramsey for one flat out said they were told they weren’t allowed to beat the Pats in that jags pats joke of an afc championship, and on and on. 

There is so much more but obviously the average fan can’t handle it. 

Buffalo will only have a real chance to win a super bowl the year of their brand new stadium as long as it is satisfactory to Goodell. 

The NFL is legally entertainment. Not sport. Us ‘conspiracy theorists’ are not obsessed with this, we just can’t believe how confused and angry you all are over something so obvious. And arrogant by laughing at and dismissing us with no real counter argument. I’ll tel you this, there are at least several players on every team that help fulfill outcomes on the field through their actions. 

17 hours ago, Buffalo619 said:

We’ve been dealing with the refs all season. They’ve been bad to the point of corruption. If the refs have an ulterior motive not favoring us, it makes our victory more difficult , but not impossible. 

Exactly. We need to keep this in mind. The best thing would be to score early and often so a few 4th quarter calls (Jerry Hughes hitting himself in the head and called a PF for example) won't lose it for us.

Easier said than done but its our best bet.

1 hour ago, CircleTheWagons99 said:

John Cena’s full out mockery when he hosted the ESPYs should have clued in most people, but apparently not.

All in plain sight haha.

Edited by BassToMouth

1 minute ago, Nitro said:

This crew calls the least number of penalties this year.   They let the guys play.  It will be a physical competition so expect plenty of no calls. 

That’s bad for a team like us. It’s the easiest way to rig a matchup that features a high powered passing offense and a team like the pats. Basically how they beat the colts every year. Also how the Bucs were scripted into the super bowl despite not even being the first or second beat nfc team last year. 

Are you on board for ‘let em play’ when Steph, Cole, Sanders and company can’t get an inch of separation and no flags come to the rescue to get the defense to stop?

1 minute ago, BassToMouth said:

That’s bad for a team like us. It’s the easiest way to rig a matchup that features a high powered passing offense and a team like the pats. Basically how they beat the colts every year. Also how the Bucs were scripted into the super bowl despite not even being the first or second beat nfc team last year. 

Are you on board for ‘let em play’ when Steph, Cole, Sanders and company can’t get an inch of separation and no flags come to the rescue to get the defense to stop?

Let them play.   Sword cuts both ways.  

2 minutes ago, Nitro said:

Let them play.   Sword cuts both ways.  

I agree with this in general, I’m just saying it hurts an offensive passing team like us the most. It’s legitimately how the Pats dynasty was built. If not for unflagged muggings, it would’ve been Indy not NE that created that dynasty 

Let's face it, the only people who want to see a TB/NE Super Bowl is the media. Sure, Tampa fans and New England fans want their team in the SB, but I could see a lot of New England fans torn about it. Of course they would want the Pats to win, but maybe not at Brady's expense. And they certainly wouldn't want to lose to Brady. And I don't think Tampa fans care who they face as long as they make it back to the big game. 

And outside of Tampa and New England, what football fan really wants to see NE in another Super Bowl, or Brady win another ring? The TB/NE matchup is purely media driven. It has nothing to do with what fans would want to see.

As to the refs...the Bills have often got the short end of the stick over the years from the officials. Can't whine and complain about it, you just have to be good enough to not let the refs affect the game. The Bills are the better team. If they play up to their capabilities, they should be able to overcome any bad calls.

Edited by folz

3 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

wow....this again??

Dude, this has been covered over and over.  The TV contracts are bought and paid for by the networks for another few years.  The "once in a lifetime" ratings won't change anything.  Also, the ad spots have already been sold by the networks for this year's SB (at record prices).   The ratings for this SB won't matter for this year, no matter who plays.

Ask Terry (he, like all the owners, would have to have signed off on this scheme) if he is worried about the conspiracy that consumes you.

Yes and the article has tv execs openly talking about and drooling over a NE/TB SB..

If you don't think a few refs could be compromised, I have a bridge to sell you..

32 minutes ago, folz said:

Let's face it, the only people who want to see a TB/NE Super Bowl is the media. Sure, Tampa fans and New England fans want their team in the SB, but I could see a lot of New England fans torn about it. Of course they would want the Pats to win, but maybe not at Brady's expense. And they certainly wouldn't want to lose to Brady. And I don't think Tampa fans care who they face as long as they make it back to the big game. 

And outside of Tampa and New England, what football fan really wants to see NE in another Super Bowl, or Brady win another ring? The TB/NE matchup is purely media driven. It has nothing to do with what fans would want to see.

As to the refs...the Bills have often got the short end of the stick over the years from the officials. Can't whine and complain about it, you just have to be good enough to not let the refs affect the game. The Bills are the better team. If they play up to their capabilities, they should be able to overcome any bad calls.

Maybe folks didn't read the article.

They have TV execs openly talking about it! I saw that and a cpl red flags were raised.  That's all I'm saying.  I hope I'm dead wrong n the zebras have little to no impact but it's in the back of my head for sure

Edited by JerseyBills

30 minutes ago, JerseyBills said:

Yes and the article has tv execs openly talking about and drooling over a NE/TB SB..

If you don't think a few refs could be compromised, I have a bridge to sell you..

They have TV execs openly talking about it! I saw that and a cpl red flags were raised.  That's all I'm saying.  I hope I'm dead wrong n the zebras have little to no impact but it's in the back of my head for sure

Wait......network execs "openly talking about" a dream matchup for massive SB ratings??   Wait til this gets out---their heads will roll!!

Come on, bro!  You had to read an article about the topic to figure out that a NE-Bucs SB would be a huge public draw?  You can't be serious.  There have been  threads here about this same topic here.    Where have you been??

Anyway, I read it too----but I can't find the part where it opines (like you do) that the refs would therefore possibly be persuaded to call a crooked game.  Can you cut and paste that part in your reply?  

Just so we are clear (and you don't change your position), you aren't talking about "a few refs could be compromised".  You are talking about a league wide effort to corrupt the playoffs in order to get NE-Bucs in the SB.  Which of course is crazy,  as many here have already shown you.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, JerseyBills said:

3rd Quarter 2:29 remaining 

#RefZone

We Can't stop the run....

Yeah, I didn't think so..

15 minutes ago, todd said:

Except for the ridiculous hold on Knox in the end zone on 3rd down, you might be right. That was beyond the pale. 

That's the only thing he held onto

19 minutes ago, todd said:

Except for the ridiculous hold on Knox in the end zone on 3rd down, you might be right. That was beyond the pale. 

Allen was outside the pocket. The DBs can man handle the WR before the throw. After the throw the DB turned to make a play. They could have called DPI but they usually don't in that situation 

For once i thought the refs were fine for the most part and even gave the Bills a nice 15-yarder that i thought was a gift.

They were not flagging ticky tack stuff like some crews do.

But of course on a night we get the better ref treatment we still lose. Ugh.

On 12/5/2021 at 7:59 PM, JerseyBills said:

I read an article from a mainstream non sports outlet recently and they gushed over the ratings a NE/TB Superbowl would do compared to all others.

Although Dallas vs Buffalo was 3rd best. 

Bottom line, I'm worried the NFL has this in mind , I mean the storylines would be endless. The ratings a once in a lifetime occurrence.  

It would not surprise me the least bit to see the refs heavily favor NE in a gm where a couple of holding calls could make a huge dent. 

Edit - here's the link , it was from Yahoo.

https://sports.yahoo.com/are-you-ready-for-a-bucs-patriots-super-bowl-165706199.html

Mark this post.  This will happen cause mcmahon...er...Goodell wants it badly 

• Disagree 1

Certainly can't blame the refs for what happened last night. That said, Josh is still not getting those off sides calls. There was a blatant one late in the game. That's like the 5th one that hasn't been called this year -- all at critical times. Regardless, he needs to stop assuming those are "free plays" unless he sees the flag.

3 minutes ago, 2003Contenders said:

Certainly can't blame the refs for what happened last night. That said, Josh is still not getting those off sides calls. There was a blatant one late in the game. That's like the 5th one that hasn't been called this year -- all at critical times. Regardless, he needs to stop assuming those are "free plays" unless he sees the flag.

Didn’t they show a replay of that and while they moved they never went over the line of scrimmage?  

15 hours ago, JerseyBills said:

I don’t know how many times I need to say this, but anyone predicting a fix for the SB to generate ratings/press and isn’t including the Cowboys is doing it wrong. The Cowboys still dominate in the ratings and their SBs are the most watched ones.

8 hours ago, thunderingsquid said:

Mark this post.  This will happen cause mcmahon...er...Goodell wants it badly 

Again, the Cowboys. Any SB involving the Cowboys regardless of opponent will generate better ratings than a SB fueled by a northeast corridor media story (Brady v Belichick).

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.