11/14/21 Postgame Thread: Bills at Jets

Hapless Bills Fan

7 minutes ago, Maine-iac said:

Why is Singletary chopped liver?  Why aren't more people crying for him just to get more carries?  The guy isn't a bruiser but neither is Moss or Breida.  Every time he gets carries he produces.  He doesn't fumble.  I just don't understand why the guy isn't getting more than 7 carries a game.

Errrr….he didn’t lose it, but he did have a fumble in this very game.  On the season, that gives him 5.

11 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

Big question is if Breida fumbled away his chance to participate more in this offense, would be kind of sad if he did.

Will be interesting to see if they keep activated. Bills didn't really need him today, but it looked like daboll wanted to see what brieda could do in the passing game. He looked like he still had burst.

11 minutes ago, RichRiderBills said:

In some ways not the game I fully expected. Offense still heavily reliant on Josh . I thought we'd be run heavy trying to do some things we had not. Really instead it was us doing what we do best. 

Cannot understate how McKenzie Davis return helps...but this was mostly in 2nd half. 

I think we realized the importance of using everyone. Getting Breida, Davis, McKenzie involved more. Klein was great.  Use them or lose them.....

12 minutes ago, RichRiderBills said:

In some ways not the game I fully expected. Offense still heavily reliant on Josh . I thought we'd be run heavy trying to do some things we had not. Really instead it was us doing what we do best. 

Cannot understate how McKenzie Davis return helps...but this was mostly in 2nd half. 

the key to me was all the playaction they ran. I noticed this in the jags game, but when the Bills get under center and run their stretch plays, the D goes 100% playing the run. Just getting under center today really slowed down the rush. 

• Like (+1) 3

Just now, letsgoteam said:

Also got to wonder if McKenzie is still  going to be used this season on sweep and stuff after today?

I don't see why he wouldn't he's active each week, Breida I wonder because of the fumble and the last minute roster shuffle with Star out, wonder if he was part of the game plan.

1 minute ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Errrr….he didn’t lose it, but he did have a fumble in this very game.  On the season, that gives him 5.

I mean, Singletary has 5 fumbles on the season now - the 5th in this game - and he’s still playing

So

I didn't realize he fumbled so much in the passing game.  I didn't remember him losing the ball rushing but I guess the guy can't hold onto it after a catch.

Just now, Maine-iac said:

I didn't realize he fumbled so much in the passing game.  I didn't remember him losing the ball rushing but I guess the guy can't hold onto it after a catch.

Does it really matter how or when he fumbles? He does do it, no matter what you say. BUT when he does hang on to the ball I’d agree with you he is mostly effective. I don’t agree that they need to run the ball more though, not with talents like Diggs (especially Diggs), Davis, Beasley and Knox In the passing game. They’re simply better options than leaning on someone like Motor simply because of some fan notion that “we duh need a running game duh…”

The afterglow:

1.  Well that was cathartic.

2. Pick-a-loosa

3. Nice to see Diggs and Davis

4. Knox definitely opens the field for the Bills receivers

5. See what happens when you don't play two high safeties

6. Jets are terrible

7. Patriots are lurking

8. Breida, sans the fumble, had a good game

9. Oliver was dominating his guy

10. Line redeemed themselves.  That unabated sack of Josh could have been disastrous.

11. On to Indy..

• Like (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

Big question is if Breida fumbled away his chance to participate more in this offense, would be kind of sad if he did.

I really hope not. Breida really brought something to today. The fumble and the missed block on the blitz that Allen never saw, were two bad plays. I would like to see what Breida can do against a better D like the Colts, before I pass judgement. 

1 minute ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

I really hope not. Breida really brought something to today. The fumble and the missed block on the blitz that Allen never saw, were two bad plays. I would like to see what Breida can do against a better D like the Colts, before I pass judgement. 

One more whiff on a block like that could take Allen out for the season.  We can’t have that.  If he’s in as a back, he’s gotta be able to block.  You don’t have to level the guy, just get in his way and slow him down some

• Agree 1

14 minutes ago, JoPoy88 said:

He has 5 fumbles including today. And lost fumbles is a purely luck number.

Correct.  

C’mon man (not to you JoPoy), y’all know damned well that when Josh fumbles, we all say it’s unacceptable and he’s gotta hang on to the ball, even if we recover.

Same logic for Motor

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

So, if I read this right, Spencer Brown just might be the difference maker.

Who'd have thunk a 3rd round OT could save our season?

*I don't really think he's saved our season or the difference maker, but, well, he did a difference make.

Fun game and good to be back up and running.

One more whiff on a block like that could take Allen out for the season.  We can’t have that.  If he’s in as a back, he’s gotta be able to block.  You don’t have to level the guy, just get in his way and slow him down some

Its not like the other backs have been flawless blocking. Brieda can score and that matters too.

4 minutes ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

was that really a missed block by Breida? He went out and ran a short route— wasn’t sure if it is on him to adjust or what? 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Just now, D. L. Hot-Flamethrower said:

They're nuts if Brieda isn't active, just nuts. The guy got in the EZ twice today, fumbles happen. Leave one of your other useless ST guys inactive.

Exactly. Brieda produced and brings something different when he's in there.

If you're going to send a message and bench a guy for a lost fumble after not being on the field all year...well, I just don't know.

2 minutes ago, D. L. Hot-Flamethrower said:

Its not like the other backs have been flawless blocking. Brieda can score and that matters too.

No one blocking for the Bills this season has been flawless, but the other backs (and McKenzie, for that matter) are competent when asked.

He needs to work on his blocking chops if he wants to have a regular role.

Don’t get me wrong, I want to see him on the field if he contributes, but in a team that passes as much as we do, the RB has to pass protect competently.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.