11/14/21 Postgame Thread: Bills at Jets

Hapless Bills Fan

2 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

Question: Why is this a Rushing Touchdown? It’s a shuffle pass that goes FORWARD

When Mahomies does it, it’s a Pass. juss sayin’

You need to ask Patrick's Mom

1 hour ago, CaptnCoke11 said:

The glimpses of a more dynamic running back were very evident on what a difference it makes in this offense.  I’m not saying Breida is the guy going forward but a priority this coming offseason should be finding a dynamic running back.  

Your right we need an Alvin Camaro type back who has speed and can catch pretty well everything thrown his way.

What a great game to be at. The Allen TD pass to Diggs was in my end zone which was nice. That killed whatever momentum the Jets thought they had when they made it 10-3. But the 3rd quarter was a thing of beauty. Three TD's and 17-3 becomes 38-3 and a lot of garbage time in the 2nd half. Good showing by Bills fans as there was a lot of blue inside MetLife. Jets fans pretty much headed for the exits at 24-3 and definitely at 31-3. The 4th quarter it was mostly Bills fans in the stadium.

• Like (+1) 2

4 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

Question: Why is this a Rushing Touchdown? It’s a shuffle pass that goes FORWARD

This was a passing touchdown iirc. Also,this game was over a year ago...

The Isaiah play yesterday was a rushing touchdown because it was a handoff behind allen

The one thing I couldn't understand yesterday was why were the Jets playing single coverage against Diggs. Their secondary blows and you have single coverage on Diggs. LOL Jets. The 57 yard pass that got the Bills down to the Jets 20 that they eventually scored and made it 17-3. WTF was Saleh thinking. He is supposed to a defensive minded coach.

15 minutes ago, Greg S said:

The one thing I couldn't understand yesterday was why were the Jets playing single coverage against Diggs. Their secondary blows and you have single coverage on Diggs. LOL Jets. The 57 yard pass that got the Bills down to the Jets 20 that they eventually scored and made it 17-3. WTF was Saleh thinking. He is supposed to a defensive minded coach.

Mind boggling to me..

Like salah is supposed to be a great defensive coach? Could have fooled me

14 minutes ago, Greg S said:

Right. Heard the announcers said cover 3 d (might have to look more into it). I told people what the heck single coverage on Diggs.  So dumb Jets running a dumb defense. I'm questioning Saleh for the Jets. 

Just now, BillsFan130 said:

Mind boggling to me..

Like salah is supposed to be a great defensive coach? Could have fooled me

Right now doesn't seem like it. His defense gave up 30+ points past 4 games.. 25+ all there games besides week 1..

• Agree 1

6 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

As others have said, I'd think it should be a pass.  Only reason I can possibly think it might be called a run is if Allen was deemed not to have possession (he didn't have the ball for long) so it would be deemed a fumble that McKenzie recovered, or alternately that it was essentially a direct snap to him.  If it really was counted as a run, that's the only reason I could think of.

6 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

As others have said, I'd think it should be a pass.  Only reason I can possibly think it might be called a run is if Allen was deemed not to have possession (he didn't have the ball for long) so it would be deemed a fumble that McKenzie recovered, or alternately that it was essentially a direct snap to him.  If it really was counted as a run, that's the only reason I could think of.

13 hours ago, Coach Tuesday said:

The Jets took Darnold over Allen and Q Williams over Oliver - I like Q but Oliver almost single-handedly wrecked the Jets’ offense today.

Can’t be fun being a Jets fan right now.

I was just thinking about this yesterday.

Pretty cool that We got the best QB from the 2018 class and he was the 3rd QB off the board. The 2 best QBs in that class were the 3rd and 5th QBs taken.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Greg S said:

Esp since the starting corner got hurt and they had to plug in Guidry, and then they asked him to play single coverage against the Bills #1 receiver?? Defensive genius coach ????

8 minutes ago, BearNorth said:

Esp since the starting corner got hurt and they had to plug in Guidry, and then they asked him to play single coverage against the Bills #1 receiver?? Defensive genius coach ????

45, 45, 31, 54. The points the opponents scored against the Jets in the last 4 games. Defensive genius indeed.

5 hours ago, CaptnCoke11 said:

The glimpses of a more dynamic running back were very evident on what a difference it makes in this offense.  I’m not saying Breida is the guy going forward but a priority this coming offseason should be finding a dynamic running back.  

The speed to the holes also were evident. Even with Brenda’s fumble, he hit that hole and was ready for a nice gain. I’d like to see more of him the rest of the season 

• Agree 1

4 hours ago, Greg S said:

Tank

1 hour ago, No Place To Hyde said:

I find it interesting that Gilliam played 22 snaps.

Lots of changes. Not sure what took Daboll so long. Gilliam had snaps, sweeney in two TE, plays with an extra OL. 

17 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

I could see Lawson coming back to the Bills on his next (likely cheaper) contract...his teammates love him, he brings a lot of juice to the defense, and he's a good contain defender who is good for 5-6 sacks per year. A good fit in our defensive line-by-rotation strategy...

17 hours ago, SoCal Deek said:

Absolutely 

Dawkins knows the play call is away from his side. Brain cramp on his part. Gotta clean that stuff up!

As the Cover 1 guys pointed out, this play by Dawkins is the same one that you see on the highlight reels of Quentin Nelson and Trent Williams except Dawkins got flagged while it's considered an outstanding pancake block by the elite OL guys. Tough call IMO, I was annoyed with Dawkins when it happened, but on the re-watch, I don't think he did much wrong. 

• Like (+1) 1

I'm not one to complain much about calls by the refs as just feel overall they even out and fans always think their team is way drawing the short end of the straw.

The one call I am trying to figure out was the personal foul on AJ Epinesa towards the end of the game.  They showed a replay not a very good angle though, but didn't notice anything that looked bad.  Could have been the wrong number.  Not that officials would ever make a mistake like that! 

On 11/14/2021 at 3:26 PM, SCBills said:

-Allen under center. 

-The use of Breida. 

-Variety of run plays.  

-Tons of PA.  

-The return of McKenzie/Davis.  

The Offense looked A LOT different. 

So this may interest some of you.

Offensive snaps are up.  Click to embiggen.

image.thumb.png.49dc7d3653d33ad5c24fc2956fd365b3.png

McK has been averaging 15% of the offensive snaps.  So his usage actually only went up about 7%, or 4-5 snaps.

Davis has been averaging 38% of the offensive snaps.  So his usage went up about 14%, or 8-9 snaps.

Breida actually got only 8 snaps!!!!!  It sure seemed like more.

Gilliam, like McK, has been averaging 15% of the offensive snaps.  So his usage went up 23%, or about 13-14 snaps.

Sweeney, for a game where he wasn't replacing an injury, also saw a big increase from ~18% to 34% or 16%

Gilliam was actually the biggest percentage increase with Sweeney a runner up. 

All of you who had that on your bingo cards, stand up now.  Yeah, get out of here, none of you saw that coming, myself included.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.