I hate to say it … but the Pats are coming

dave mcbride

1 hour ago, Sugar High JA17 said:

misses the point of what was going on with Bills in 2018

Look at the Patriots last year & that mess too

Facts are Mac is the better QB 10 games in... thats it

So what we got Josh & will kick the pats a** for years to come no matter if/when mac gets better

Thats an odd way to look at the facts. Let me try.

64% completion percentage

1814 yards

11 tds

5 ints

87.1 QBR

Tua Tagovailoa is a better QB than Allen through 10 games. I get the "let's hope Mac Jones gets worse", but its just a silly arbitrary argument to say look out for Mac Jones. Time will tell.

10 minutes ago, What a Tuel said:

Thats an odd way to look at the facts. Let me try.

64% completion percentage

1814 yards

11 tds

5 ints

87.1 QBR

Tua Tagovailoa is a better QB than Allen through 10 games. I get the "let's hope Mac Jones gets worse", but its just a silly arbitrary argument to say look out for Mac Jones. Time will tell.

Whoa, Back-to-the-Future trip man ! Those Bills were hella gnar gnar vs the Jets Sunday, lets ride that wave against the Colts!

• Dislike 1

9 hours ago, PatsFanNH said:

Why am I not shocked you either misunderstood or just blatantly misquoted me!?  But again for the people in the back.. the wins against Cleveland, Carolina, and the Chargers were against above .500 teams and teams with actual playoff aspirations. I never said ALL their wins.

I have also said repeatedly we don’t know who the Bills are because they haven’t faced many teams like that.. outside of TN and Pitt. Which is to small a size make a decision either way. 

the Falcons NOW are a weak opponent but someone facing them healthy in say week 3 faced a tough team who had the potential make the playoffs. Injury has dismantled that team. 

we know who the pats are. They are the team that lost to the bucs, saints, and cowboys, and pulled out a 3-point win against the chargers.

The bills lost to the steelers and didn't pull off a 3 point game against the titans, but we throttled every one of our other opponents (except the jags).

I agree, it says more about the pats than it does about the Bills - the pats lost the meat of their schedule. The Bills have not.

Edited by What a Tuel

7 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Meanwhile you intentionally and unnecessarily  framed it like McDermott was a big key in Andy Reid's success.   Like "they made the playoffs when McD was the DC but then not after". 

I didn't say it was "a gouge".  I said "So why undercut those points with dramatic sounding incorrect gouge?" 

Top definition here

I can't help your reading comprehension problems.  This is what I said:

It is of course true that Reid promoted Juan Castillo, his OL coach, to DC, and the reasons why Reid made that decision are a puzzle for the ages.  It took the Eagles from a 10-6 team who had been to the playoffs 3 years running, to an 8-8 then a 4-12 team and ultimately led to Reid's ouster from Philly.

There's nothing in there about how McDermott was a "big key" in Reid's success (that would be a strange take, given that Reid's teams were conference championship contenders long before McDermott became an assistant), nor did I say anything implying they made the playoffs because McD was the DC.   There's a huge amount of space between hiring a DC with no NFL defensive coaching experience, and having your former DC be "responsible" for your success.  

It's also a crap discussion tactic to put quotation marks around something that was never said. 

I'm not going to bother to try to explain my point further, because with the reading comprehension (or deliberate misrepresentation) issues who knows how that would get twisted?  I'll reiterate something I did previously say: "This kind of straw man is exactly why so many here hold back from engaging with you.  You genuinely know a lot about the Bills, and about football, and I respect that...but you sometimes appear far more interested in "poking the bear" or ***** stirring than in actually having the solid discussion of which you are capable."

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Sugar High JA17 said:

Lets start hoping he gets worse!

Mac Jones Vs Josh Allen - first 10 starts.

Jones          Allen

Per. 69.0 %        53%

yds 2,333          1,655

TD  13                 6

int   7                  9

QBr 94.1             68.2

Just imagine what kind of numbers Mac Jones would have put out if he was on that 2018 Bills roaster ,  MVP and probably won a SB  !!!
Hopefully the patriots****** will spend some money this free agency and get the kid some help 

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Putin said:

Just imagine what kind of numbers Mac Jones would have put out if he was on that 2018 Bills roaster ,  MVP and probably won a SB  !!!
Hopefully the patriots****** will spend some money this free agency and get the kid some help 

People like to be prisoners of the moment.  Some things never change.  

The lead this morning on GMFB is the table gushing on Mac Jones and the Pats*, with Schrager talking about them sweeping the Bills to take the East and the #1 seed in the AFC.

Side note, I can't stand Peter Schrager.  Nothing but hot takes from this clown, his schtick wears on me.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Son of a K-Gun said:

The lead this morning on GMFB is the table gushing on Mac Jones and the Pats*, with Schrager talking about them sweeping the Bills to take the East and the #1 seed in the AFC.

Side note, I can't stand Peter Schrager.  Nothing but hot takes from this clown, his schtick wears on me.

Let them think what they want they are also the ones every year thinking Miami will be in the playoffs.

When these show analysts usually think a team is good it just means they watched that game last week.

Edited by TBBills
  • Dislike 1

19 hours ago, PatsFanNH said:

Why am I not shocked you either misunderstood or just blatantly misquoted me!?  But again for the people in the back.. the wins against Cleveland, Carolina, and the Chargers were against above .500 teams and teams with actual playoff aspirations. I never said ALL their wins.

Buddy, this is in fact what you said:

"Every one of the Patriots wins was against an above .500 team.. Bills are yet to beat a team (outside of the 1-0 Dolphins) who have a winning record when they meet.  That’s simple facts.. "

Now maybe you meant "Every one of the Patriots wins that were against Cleveland, Carolina, and the Chargers were against an above 0.500 team", but that is not, in fact, what you actually wrote.

In this circumstance, most reasonable people say something like "I see why you interpreted my post that way from what I actually wrote, but what I meant was....", they don't go around blaming the other person for "blatantly misquoting me" and imply that the reader is somehow deficient in understanding or is not playing straight.

I believe the Panthers were 4-4 when you played them.  If we're talking about simple facts, and stuff.

I fundamentally don't understand the logic of only looking at an opponent's record at the point where they played your team, but Hey, if it makes you feel better to say "Whoo whoo the Patriots beat the Chargers and Browns, who have you beaten?", OK.

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, What a Tuel said:

we know who the pats are. They are the team that lost to the bucs, saints, and cowboys, and pulled out a 3-point win against the chargers.

The bills lost to the steelers and didn't pull off a 3 point game against the titans, but we throttled every one of our other opponents (except the jags).

I agree, it says more about the pats than it does about the Bills - the pats lost the meat of their schedule. The Bills have not.

You haven’t faced it yet either.  Both teams lost games they should have won. (Miami, Jags). Unlike Bills fans I wasn’t expecting the Pats to beat Dallas, TB what I got was the best possible IMO they were competitive and had a chance to win both games. If I was a Bills fan I’d expect a win in those games since your team has SB aspirations.  

i said in the beginning of the year I expected the Pats be a fringe playoff team with about 10-11 wins.. a total easily doable with their schedule. 

I also said I expected Buffalo to win the devision. Now that doesn’t mean I won’t cheer for my team to surprise me but I expect the Bills win the division and the Pats be a wildcard. My point was and still is I know what my team is.. we will Know who the Bills are after the next 4 weeks. If they take care of business they are who we thought they were if they fall flat on their face then we were dead wrong. Make sense? 

12 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Buddy, this is in fact what you said:

"Every one of the Patriots wins was against an above .500 team.. Bills are yet to beat a team (outside of the 1-0 Dolphins) who have a winning record when they meet.  That’s simple facts.. "

Now maybe you meant "Every one of the Patriots wins that were against Cleveland, Carolina, and the Chargers were against an above 0.500 team", but that is not, in fact, what you actually wrote.

In this circumstance, most reasonable people say something like "I see why you interpreted my post that way from what I actually wrote, but what I meant was....", they don't go around blaming the other person for "blatantly misquoting me" and imply that the reader is somehow deficient in understanding or is not playing straight.

I believe the Panthers were 4-4 when you played them.  If we're talking about simple facts, and stuff.

I fundamentally don't understand the logic of only looking at an opponent's record at the point where they played your team, but Hey, if it makes you feel better to say "Whoo whoo the Patriots beat the Chargers and Browns, who have you beaten?", OK.

Ahh did you read the person I quoted? No you didn’t I was referencing the wins he stated in his response. I’m sorry that confused you, again it amazes me you hung your hat on that but still can’t wrap your head around the fact your Bills have not beaten a team over .500 when they played them.. Again as I stated numerous times we won’t know if the Bills are as good as they are suppose to be till the end of this 4 game stretch. 

5 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

You haven’t faced it yet either.  Both teams lost games they should have won. (Miami, Jags). Unlike Bills fans I wasn’t expecting the Pats to beat Dallas, TB what I got was the best possible IMO they were competitive and had a chance to win both games. If I was a Bills fan I’d expect a win in those games since your team has SB aspirations.  

i said in the beginning of the year I expected the Pats be a fringe playoff team with about 10-11 wins.. a total easily doable with their schedule. 

I also said I expected Buffalo to win the devision. Now that doesn’t mean I won’t cheer for my team to surprise me but I expect the Bills win the division and the Pats be a wildcard. My point was and still is I know what my team is.. we will Know who the Bills are after the next 4 weeks. If they take care of business they are who we thought they were if they fall flat on their face then we were dead wrong. Make sense? 

Ahh did you read the person I quoted? No you didn’t I was referencing the wins he stated in his response. I’m sorry that confused you, again it amazes me you hung your hat on that but still can’t wrap your head around the fact your Bills have not beaten a team over .500 when they played them.. Again as I stated numerous times we won’t know if the Bills are as good as they are suppose to be till the end of this 4 game stretch. 

Bills are in year 4 of their build. Patriots are in year 1. I don't see how you can say you know who the Pats are, but dont know who the Bills are. The Bills are the team that made the playoffs 3 out of the last 4 years and the AFC Championship game last year. It just makes no sense to narrow your focus to the first 9 games of 2021 and pretend you dont know who the Bills are. Yes, they could potentially lose some of their upcoming games. Every team can. We know who they are though.

I also don't understand this obsession with "teams over .500". The Chiefs are 2-2 when we played them. A win against them (giving them a less than .500 record at 2-3), means we haven't beaten a .500 team. But a loss to them (giving them a more than .500 record 3-2) means we cant beat a over .500 team?

How does that make sense to you?

• Like (+1) 2

5 hours ago, Son of a K-Gun said:

Shocked Face Wow GIF

1 hour ago, PatsFanNH said:

The point is, you're the writer; it's up to you to communicate clearly.  It is not distorting when someone reads what you write, quotes it accurately, and holds you accountable for WHAT YOU ACTUALLY WROTE.  I'm sorry you can't understand this fundamental point of written communication.  It is "on you" to convey your meaning clearly, not "on" your reader to go on a detective hunt and make inferences about what you may have meant, given the string of posts you were responding to.  When you aren't understood correctly, the mature response is "me bad, sorry I wasn't clear, this is what I meant" not to sneer at the person responding to you as you did and assert "you're distorting, you're misquoting, you're confused"

It's not that I can't "wrap my head" around something you believe to be important (now that it's clear you're talking about 2 games where the teams you defeated had records >.500 at the time you played - Chargers and Browns), it's that I don't perceive why you believe it to be so important that you're beating it like a drum. 

I asked above, and you ignored my question to flog your perception that when you're misunderstood, it's everyone's fault but yours.

-Why do you believe the record of a team at the time when another team plays them is defining or of paramount importance?

-Why do you believe it's more useful than looking at all the data, which would include a team's current record?

Didn’t we go through the same BS last year where we had people on here crowning the dolphins with the AFCE title ? 
Oh I remember how the dolphins were right on our heels with the # 1 defense and Tua was looking legit , and Flo is on his way of being the best HC in the NFL , 

All I know is we won 9 straight division games , so until someone can actually beat us and take the division from us  please just sit down and STFU ,  

GO Bills baby!!!!

Edited by Putin
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

On 11/16/2021 at 10:56 AM, BADOLBILZ said:

I know the thread title is "the Pats are coming"..............but as someone who never doubted Belichick despite all of the revisionist nonsense about it being all about Brady (and this includes a lot of ignorant Pats fans too)...........IMO the Pats never left.

McDermott is still 2-6 versus Belichick......and last season........despite major roster issues...........they played the Bills very competitively for about 6 quarters before the Bills really flipped the switch and obliterated them in that game in NE.

So IMO.........the Pats are still the hunted to me.   I don't want to survive against them...........I want to beat them a 3rd straight time........then a 4th straight..........nobody has done that to Belichick.

I want to send Belichick back to the drawing board so he can spend more money in free agency(after an NFL record $ outlay this past offseason).    

I agree.........this is what divisional football is supposed to look like and frankly over the years one of the things I always looked forward to was having a Bills team eventually overtake NE and sharpen themselves against a Belichick team and carry that into the playoffs where you know you will be facing lesser coaching.

Last year, it really wasn't a fair fight and they were still in the Bills heads so I think the resulting games weren't that good.    This year they should be competing on the same level and we could really see some great football.

https://www.boston.com/sports/new-england-patriots/2021/11/16/bill-belichick-the-gm-has-built-a-patriots-to-believe-in/ - homer-biased but good rundown of what he has put together.

Belichick has a great system and is a great coach, and Brady is a great QB. 

Together they were a dynasty. So many great QBs never play in a great system. 

I think the Patriots dynasty was more Belichick than Brady. Bill had to build an entire organization, while Tom just had to worry about himself and his avacados and yoga. All of the "Brady is a superhero!" people forget that the Patriots won 3 Super Bowls on last second FG and one on a goal line INT. But it was all Brady!

7 hours ago, TheFunPolice said:

Belichick has a great system and is a great coach, and Brady is a great QB. 

Together they were a dynasty. So many great QBs never play in a great system. 

I think the Patriots dynasty was more Belichick than Brady. Bill had to build an entire organization, while Tom just had to worry about himself and his avacados and yoga. All of the "Brady is a superhero!" people forget that the Patriots won 3 Super Bowls on last second FG and one on a goal line INT. But it was all Brady!

Who won the SB last year ? 

49 minutes ago, Putin said:

Who won the SB last year ? 

A loaded Bucs team that was loaded the year before but didn’t have aField General to lead them.. 

funny thing is they were imploding till.. Brady took over and implemented everything he learned in NE.

Edited by PatsFanNH

3 hours ago, PatsFanNH said:

A loaded Bucs team that was loaded the year before but didn’t have aField General to lead them.. 

funny thing is they were imploding till.. Brady took over and implemented everything he learned in NE.

Thank you 

11 hours ago, P Riv said:

I think this is awesome, who is not anticipating this game as much if not more than the Chiefs game?  

Yes the entire preseason all we thought about is the patriots  , 

3 hours ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

WTF are these people so afraid of. 

3 damn threads on a nobody 

I guess these guys can’t hold his jock 

Joe Burrow, Justin Herbert, Kyler Murray,

Remember when Gardner Minshew was the hottest QB?

Hmm let’s look at your three:

Joe Burrow — has a true #1 WR. (I think he is up for Rookie of the year?)

Justin Herbert — Also has a #1 WR that’s damn good in Allen as well as an elite RB.

Kyler Murray - Has probably the best WR in football. 

Jones is a rookie with no true top WR and has performed extremely well. Hell to all the people saying he can’t throw deep the Pats rank 2nd in the NFL with 41 passes 20+ yards. 

7 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

Justin Herbert — Also has a #1 WR that’s damn good in Allen as well as an elite RB.

Jones is a rookie with no true top WR and has performed extremely well. Hell to all the people saying he can’t throw deep the Pats rank 2nd in the NFL with 41 passes 20+ yards. 

None of those QB's has BB - which is much better than having any kind of #1 receiver.

I think any of the top 5 QB's would be performing just as well this year had NE drafted them, with the possible exception of Lance, who is a true project.

Mac's play is being incredibly overhyped right now. Mainly because he's on the Patriots, who are the new Cowboys in terms of 24x7 sports news coverage and hype.  Mac hasn't done a thing yet.

I will say that the national hype surrounding Jones and the Pats' brilliance is getting a bit out of control:

https://www.theringer.com/nfl/2021/11/18/22788563/mac-jones-bill-belichick-young-quarterback-master-class (classic meathead comment by Mularkey at the end of this one)

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/2021/11/18/mac-jones-patriots-nfl-draft-franchise-qb/

(I assume it's even worse on radio and cable TV, neither of which I listen to/watch.)

I hope the Bills pound them into dust on December 6.

Edited by dave mcbride

Was watching some of the talking heads on tv gush about the Pats earlier and they pointed out how they are outscoring teams 150-50 the last 4 weeks including against the #2 and #5 overall defenses (CAR/CLE).

Say what you want, but this is very concerning especially with a rookie QB that everyone keeps calling a game manager.

You just get the sense that if the Pats win tonight as expected they may very well be taking control of the division for good and there is going to be tremendous pressure on the Bills to keep pace this weekend.

37 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

That includes YAC.  He has 10 completions of 20+ air yard throws vs 16 incompletions and 2 ints, looking at his passing charts.

6 minutes ago, FilthyBeast said:

Was watching some of the talking heads on tv gush about the Pats earlier and they pointed out how they are outscoring teams 150-50 the last 4 weeks including against the #2 and #5 overall defenses (CAR/CLE).

Say what you want, but this is very concerning especially with a rookie QB that everyone keeps calling a game manager.

You just get the sense that if the Pats win tonight as expected they may very well be taking control of the division for good and there is going to be tremendous pressure on the Bills to keep pace this weekend.

@teef This guy is definitely a new account of HighFootballIQ.

35 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

I will say that the national hype surrounding Jones and the Pats' brilliance is getting a bit out of control:

https://www.theringer.com/nfl/2021/11/18/22788563/mac-jones-bill-belichick-young-quarterback-master-class (classic meathead comment by Mularkey at the end of this one)

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/2021/11/18/mac-jones-patriots-nfl-draft-franchise-qb/

(I assume it's even worse on radio and cable TV, neither of which I listen to/watch.)

I hope the Bills pound them into dust on December 6.

I was just thinking the same thing, everywhere I go the hype for Patriots is so over the top. I've never seen this much hype for any team. I go to NFL Network and its Pats are SB bound, ESPN same thing, NFL radio same and on and on every show.

19 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

@teef This guy is definitely a new account of HighFootballIQ.

Oh of course.  He uses the same wording and everything.  If things go well this season like they did last season, he’ll just fade away.  

the pats are this year’s Miami for him. I get a kick out of it, but he’s not wildly creative or intelligent.  Just a simple act. 

11 minutes ago, teef said:

Oh of course.  He uses the same wording and everything.  If things go well this season like they did last season, he’ll just fade away.  

the pats are this year’s Miami for him. I get a kick out of it, but he’s not wildly creative or intelligent.  Just a simple act. 

yup exactly. However, he did talk about the Pats last season too.  He said he wouldnt be surprised if the Bills ended last in the division at one point too or maybe it was second last.

Edited by Scott7975

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.