Aaron Rodgers out with Covid, now back but has Covid toe. No, Broken Toe.

Big Blitz

31 minutes ago, Sheneneh Jenkins said:

Idk man...Without Rodgers I'd say that's missing a bit much lol. Although if the Chiefs D plays like they have been, Love has a good chance

I get there is a delta between the 2 but their D is good.  Chiefs D is bad.  Love will have Adam's and Jones to depend on.  They will be just fine. 

26 minutes ago, Hebert19 said:

I get there is a delta between the 2 but their D is good.  Chiefs D is bad.  Love will have Adam's and Jones to depend on.  They will be just fine. 

Yeah I agree as long as KC's Defense is struggling as we've seen so far. Didn't they get Clark back and someone else that's been out? Not sure, but if they get a couple guys back that's been out they may not be as bad.

Anyway, Love has a good chance to make enough plays to help them win if KC struggles again. I was just mainly commenting on when you said Love starting instead of Rodgers they won't miss much. 

46 minutes ago, HalftimeAdjustment said:

Well, at least by Josh refusing to answer, we can be fairly certain he isn't lying about it. Or more accurately - not playing word games ("I've been immunized" referring to homeopathic treatment). "I am not answering" is better.

100% this.  We all know the NFLPA negotiated it's the player's choice.  Get it or don't get it.   Say you did or didn't, or refuse to answer - all valid.

But don't lie or mislead.  That there's just weak sauce.

• Like (+1) 4

If the league knew he was unvaccinated and still allowed him to do in-person unmasked media availabilities, don't you think that raises some issues with respect to the other unvaccinated players who were not extended the same privilege? 

• Like (+1) 2

26 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

Rodgers should have spent less time on grooming his new redneck haircut, and more time getting vaccinated.

What an idiot.

I mean, it's his choice to get vaccinated or not, but there are NFL rules to follow either way.  I may not like my employer's rules, but they're still the rules I gotta follow as a condition of employment. 

The choice to not get vaxxed is legitimate under the CBA.  The choice to not get vaxxed AND not follow the rules - I can not disagree with you. 

The Shield doesn't sound happy

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FDTCWSFXEAQRsmv?format=jpg

image.thumb.png.4fac6b88ddadb0f100a3f0def5c9e550.png

'Course it could all go "pppffffffttt" like the Titans kerfluffle did.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I don't know if anyone asked.  Since Josh has repeatedly answered "I'm going to keep that private", there wouldn't be a lot of point.

Given that vaccination status can directly impact NFL game status, it's a relevant question for a reporter to ask and no one is going to be terminated for asking it.

Yeah, we know Josh's answer wouldn't stop reporters from asking the same question multiple times, just worded differently.

Just now, LeGOATski said:

Yeah, we know Josh's answer wouldn't stop reporters from asking the same question multiple times, just worded differently.

I mean, for a long time now, they seem to have given up.  I suppose they could get back to it.  But it's still Josh's right not to give them an answer to his medical information.

2 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

That would be one reason the Shield ain't happy

The Shield is trying to put "primary responsibility" on the Packers.  But it's not like this is some nobody who only plays 1 o clock games.  It's one of the league's main faces.  They knew and did nothing.  "We told them repeatedly" won't wash.  

9 minutes ago, Buffalo619 said:

This post is full Derogatory. Take a chill pill my man. Control that rage. 

Personally I consider myself a redneck, so I don't consider "redneck haircut" derogatory, just descriptive.

And I gotta agree with @Nextmanup: it's not about being vaccinated or unvaccinated (his choice); it's about his employer has protocols for each choice, and he chooses to 1) ignore the protocols 2) lie or at best mislead about his status.  That's prime ijit territory IMO.

"Cowboy up" like Josh did and just say 'I'm going to keep that information in-house' if you don't want to tell the truth about it.

• Agree 1

5 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I mean, it's his choice to get vaccinated or not, but there are NFL rules to follow either way.  I may not like my employer's rules, but they're still the rules I gotta follow as a condition of employment. 

The choice to not get vaxxed is legitimate under the CBA.  The choice to not get vaxxed AND not follow the rules - I can not disagree with you. 

The Shield doesn't sound happy

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FDTCWSFXEAQRsmv?format=jpg

image.thumb.png.4fac6b88ddadb0f100a3f0def5c9e550.png

What is the context of this text message? Who is it between/from? 

Good for the league to push this off to the Packers, I guess. But does the league not keep track of who is vaccinated and who is not? Did they have no idea that Rodgers was not vaccinated and was not following league rules? 

From a 1000 foot view the “well it’s the team responsibility” answer makes sense….unless you spend 8 Mississippi’s thinking about it. Then it doesn’t make any sense. 

I think there are a number of scenarios in how this all plays out. I am curious how it all unfolds in terms of punishment from the league or lack there of. 

20 minutes ago, BRH said:

If the league knew he was unvaccinated and still allowed him to do in-person unmasked media availabilities, don't you think that raises some issues with respect to the other unvaccinated players who were not extended the same privilege? 

Beas is unvaccinated and is doing in-person unmasked PCs.  I don't think it's a rule that unvaxxed players need to wear masks in front of the media... if it is, everyone's turning a blind eye to it.

• Like (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Personally I consider myself a redneck, so I don't consider "redneck haircut" derogatory, just descriptive

Is the mullet a redneck haircut? Or is the mullet just misunderstood? Lol

5 minutes ago, george c said:

So, “if” Allen is un vaxxed, how would we feel about him if this scenario happened to us during a potential Super Bowl? 

Well if this scenario were to happen, I would guess with it being the SB they probably play it on a different day

24 minutes ago, george c said:

So, “if” Allen is un vaxxed, how would we feel about him if this scenario happened to us during a potential Super Bowl? 

I’d be fuming.  And if he had a history of bad-mouthing the organization for not doing everything they can to win, demanding a trade and threatening to retire, I’d be furious.  

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, The Wiz said:

So based on this we can assume both allen and Beasley are vaxed?

Or that people aren't paying attention...

Edited by Rubes
  • Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Rubes said:

Or that people aren't paying attention...

Yet they fined Dirty and Beasley back in August because of it.  I don't think they aren't paying attention because of how much animosity this causes for the league.

9 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

Yet they fined Dirty and Beasley back in August because of it.  I don't think they aren't paying attention because of how much animosity this causes for the league.

Probably, or maybe once season started it became one of those rules that's not enforced and so it won't be paid attention to...Until now when something like this happens lol

56 minutes ago, george c said:

Pretty pissed

19 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

So based on this we can assume both allen and Beasley are vaxed or lying, right?

Vaxed or breaking the rules, based on that.

1 minute ago, Sheneneh Jenkins said:

Probably, or maybe once season started it became one of those rules that's not enforced and so it won't be paid attention to...Until now when something like this happens lol

And that's the interesting part about the two different tweets.  One says that the league gave them the policy they have to enforce if not vax and then the next one says that each club has to enforce the protocol or the club receives the discipline.

So basically they punish the club and not the players for not following protocol but our players still got fines?  Unless I'm completely reading that wrong.

47 minutes ago, Virgil said:

I hope Jordan Love lights it up and Rodgers is sent packing 

I see it. Clever.

57 minutes ago, Sheneneh Jenkins said:

Well if this scenario were to happen, I would guess with it being the SB they probably play it on a different day

Reschedule the Super Bowl?

Lol, yeah okay

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Sheneneh Jenkins said:

Yeah I agree as long as KC's Defense is struggling as we've seen so far. Didn't they get Clark back and someone else that's been out? Not sure, but if they get a couple guys back that's been out they may not be as bad.

Anyway, Love has a good chance to make enough plays to help them win if KC struggles again. I was just mainly commenting on when you said Love starting instead of Rodgers they won't miss much. 

I heard on talking head say Clark had a noticeable limp walking up tunnel at end of game.  So he might not be back 

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

And that's the interesting part about the two different tweets.  One says that the league gave them the policy they have to enforce if not vax and then the next one says that each club has to enforce the protocol or the club receives the discipline.

So basically they punish the club and not the players for not following protocol but our players still got fines?  Unless I'm completely reading that wrong.

I don't know, but I've seen a lot of these player interviews and most of them are not wearing a mask anyways. Although I don't know if they all are vaxed or not. But I can't really recall seeing an interview where a player was masked. Or at least I haven't noticed anyway

7 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

Reschedule the Super Bowl?

Lol, yeah okay

You don't think they would move to following Sunday if a star player like that caught covid?  I mean they did it last season for regular games. A SB game that you'd want as competitive as possible and a star player everyone wants to see gets sick, Yeah I think it could be considered

Edited by Sheneneh Jenkins
  • Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Sheneneh Jenkins said:

I don't know, but I've seen a lot of these player interviews and most of them are not wearing a mask anyways. Although I don't know if they all are vaxed or not. But I can't really recall seeing an interview where a player was masked. Or at least I haven't noticed anyway

You don't think they would move to following Sunday if a star player like that caught covid?  I mean they did it last season for regular games. A SB game that you'd want as competitive as possible and a star player everyone wants to see gets sick, Yeah I think it could be considered

I can’t see them rescheduling unless Covid let’s rip through one of the franchises. They certainly won’t for a missing QB.

As I said before, every franchise will become cautious after Rodgers’ positive test and potentially breaking protocol - I expect to see masks being worn again but the unvaccinated so the biggest clue towards Josh’s status, for example, will probably be that.

17 minutes ago, Sheneneh Jenkins said:

I don't think they'd consider it much at all. Too much coordination already goes into the Super Bowl. It'd be a mess.

• Agree 2

1 hour ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Beas is unvaccinated and is doing in-person unmasked PCs.  I don't think it's a rule that unvaxxed players need to wear masks in front of the media... if it is, everyone's turning a blind eye to it.

I think that might be one of the points people are making - that if there are violations that are occurring right in front of the league, like unvaccinated players doing pressers unmasked - if the league is turning a blind eye to it until there's a problem, then saying "oh, well, it's the club's responsibility to enforce", that's pretty damned lame especially after they fined Beasley and 'lil Dirty in pre-season.

• Agree 1