Happy Halloween from Bruce’s QB graveyard

YoloinOhio

2 hours ago, WhoTom said:

When did he sack Frank Reich?

2 hours ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

Carolina?

Expansion Draft.  A number of Bills players ended there in their first 2seasons 

Carolina Panthers (1995)

New York Jets (1996) 

Detroit Lions (1997–1998)

FCp-NLpX0AY8hxp?format=jpg&name=large

1 hour ago, Draconator said:

I'm thinking Bruce sacked Reich when Bruce was with Washington. 

If you look at the list it was when Reich was with the Jets in 96

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, cDAVIS said:

why the hell did he keep reporting? what if he had a heart attack? i mean jesus christ

I'm guessing the smell of booze emanating from his pores gave away the cause of the fall.

I remember when they picked him up passed out drunk at a stop sign and he said he just had "sleep apnea".  

Times were different then.

3 hours ago, Mango said:

It is wild to me to visualize the fact that Bruce Smith sacked Rex Grossman. 

Turns out it was the last sack of Bruce's career. 

Here is the total list incase anybody is interested. There are 76 of them. 

https://www.pilotonline.com/sports/article_e0ed0d73-ab1c-55f8-a3df-5e2e2de18ef3.html

I’m too young to remember, but it looks like Bruce and Ken O’Brien shared a lot of moments together (among many other names in that list).

9 hours ago, cDAVIS said:

why the hell did he keep reporting? what if he had a heart attack? i mean jesus christ

Pretty sure everyone in the studio knew he was hammered. He didn't even have the coordination to take his hands out of his pockets. The man went hard both on and off the field.

• Agree 1

12 minutes ago, benderbender said:

I've seen him a couple of times at Pinboys. Never put two and two together that he lived at the Oceanfront. Kind of surprised that he wanted people to know his location. 

he is near Bayville

Back in the early 90's I worked for the golf car company that delivered golf cars to Fredonia training camp.

Opening day of training camp, each player would come in and give me their cc numbers and I'd run it and have them sign a damage waver (Thanks to previous issues with Darryl Talley and Fredonia bar golf car trips)

I was in the locker room office and Bruce comes in gives me his cc number.  Then he "slams" his hand on the table while I'm sitting and he's standing over me and says to me. "You better give me a receipt!  I know how you people are!"     I was both confused and a bit scared (think hopper-bad things man)...I just remember how huge his hands were.  Anyways I had him sign an autograph for me like I had everyone else do and we were cool.  I'll never forget that thud tho...good times.

Edited by The Tomcat

48 minutes ago, The Tomcat said:

Back in the early 90's I worked for the golf car company that delivered golf cars to Fredonia training camp.

Opening day of training camp, each player would come in and give me their cc numbers and I'd run it and have them sign a damage waver (Thanks to previous issues with Darryl Talley and Fredonia bar golf car trips)

I was in the locker room office and Bruce comes in gives me his cc number.  Then he "slams" his hand on the table while I'm sitting and he's standing over me and says to me. "You better give me a receipt!  I know how you people are!"     I was both confused and a bit scared (think hopper-bad things man)...I just remember how huge his hands were.  Anyways I had him sign an autograph for me like I had everyone else do and we were cool.  I'll never forget that thud tho...good times.

Oh please do share :)

• Like (+1) 2

33 minutes ago, DeltaDigital said:

Looks like he always got up for bledsoe. many multiple sack games

Imagine how many more times he would have sacked Bledsoe if Bruce Armstrong wasn't playing.  I believe Bruce (Smith) is on record saying Armstrong was the best offensive lineman he ever played against.  They had some great battles.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.