[Edit] Jon Gruden resigns over controversial emails discovered in WFT investigation

flaz

2 minutes ago, Freddie's Dead said:

Wade Phillips v. Buffalo Bills.  He fired me!  He resigned!  He fired me!  He resigned!  All depends on what's in the contract.  I would argue that if Gruden was fired, it would be for cause.

this was for cause.  They likely have some settlement buy out in this or they let him keep signing bonus money.

2 minutes ago, VaMilBill said:

I don’t know what all the emails say specifically. But could Gruden have been annoyed that the nfl basically blackmailed the Rams into drafting Michael Sam to avoid hard knocks?

And that’s why he called Goodell a f*****t? 

Not getting where this one is going. 

4 minutes ago, BillsEnthusiast said:

Right, but I think there's a big difference between ***** cancel culture and very valid complaints over these emails, ESPECIALLY if they were sending pics of topless women and cheerleaders back and forth.  

4 minutes ago, Captain Caveman said:

Accountability exists

Like I said.....Gruden has no one to blame but himself.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Jauronimo said:

How did these emails surface?

The league was conducting an unrelated investigation involving WFT (big surprise there.) Bruce Allen was who Gruden was talking to. Someone at the league involved in the investigation leaked them.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, JoPoy88 said:

The league was conducting an unrelated investigation involving WFT (big surprise there.) Bruce Allen was who Gruden was talking to. Someone at the league involved in the investigation leaked them.

Was Gruden using his personal email or were these from a team or ESPN address?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.