TNF Game Thread: Rams @ Seahawks

PromoTheRobot

Just now, 1ManRaid said:

Kicker got past the LoS, so it's legal to kick again.  

I think they ruled that Dickson’s foot was on the line of scrimmage when he kicked. Regardless, it would be nice if Perrera knew the rules because he said it was illegal to kick it twice. If the first kick doesn’t go past the LOS and the kicker is still behind the LOS, then you can kick it twice. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, K-9 said:

I think they ruled that Dickson’s foot was on the line of scrimmage when he kicked. Regardless, it would be nice if Perrera knew the rules because he said it was illegal to kick it twice. If the first kick doesn’t go past the LOS and the kicker is still behind the LOS, then you can kick it twice. 

I have no idea what should have been called there and neither did the refs.

• Haha (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, Coastie said:

I have no idea what should have been called there and neither did the refs.

Actually, I think the refs did. The only concern they seemed to have was whether or not Dickson had crossed the LOS which would have made it an illegal kick. But they conferred, determined his foot was on the LOS when he punted, and let it stand.  The rules expert, Perrara had no clue as he immediately ruled that you can’t kick the ball twice which is incorrect. 

Edited by K-9

Geno Smith is proof positive that what we think is true about a young player is not necessarily a lifetime curse.  It may also be evidence of the mishandling of Geno Smith when he was a young QB.  I am convinced that a significant number of QBs' careers have been ruined by teams that didn't understand how to handle them.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, K-9 said:

Yeah I misspoke.  Guess they ruled his trailing foot was still on the line, like the rules for illegal forward pass.  Rule changes are fun...

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.