Matt Milano #hammywatch - update - officially off the injury report

YoloinOhio

1 hour ago, wppete said:

I say sit Milano again against Tennessee let him heal up this week and the bye week. Klein has been playing well and he’s great against the run. 

Probably very prudent to sit Milano but if he is ready I would dress him in case things go sideways during the game. 

• Like (+1) 1

On 10/9/2021 at 9:31 PM, Hapless Bills Fan said:

True, but they can be slowed.  The Chargers held them to 24.  First game last season we held them to 26.

We can't expect to Donut them, but we also can't expect to win if we let them rack up a 40-burger on us.

Buffalo 38, KC 20.

And here.  Above in this thread, I predicted that we would see more Siran Neal/Dime with Milano out.  From Skurski in TBN:

2. Siran Neal had a big role. The normal backup nickel cornerback was used on 33 defensive snaps, mostly in an effort to defend Chiefs tight end Travis Kelce. Neal had played just 20 defensive snaps in the first four games combined. Kelce finished with six catches for 57 yards and one touchdown – a solid showing, to be sure, but not one that was back breaking for the Bills.

"Siran is a hungry guy," McDermott said. "Comes every week, kind of a chip-on-his-shoulder type approach with me against the world, which is made him who he is. And I think he did a phenomenal job last night balancing special teams and defense."

I just want to come back here and show my receipts

giphy.gif

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 3

3 hours ago, wppete said:

I say sit Milano again against Tennessee let him heal up this week and the bye week. Klein has been playing well and he’s great against the run. 

Looking at the schedule- i hope we sit him until the playoffs 

• Disagree 1

Assume we will get some type of update on Milano’s status tomorrow or Thursday. Personally I hope they keep him out this week and don’t play him until after the bye. Make sure that hamstring injury is fully healed so he doesn’t have any setbacks. If they can dispose of the Chiefs like they did without him I have to believe they can do the same to the Titans.

• Agree 1

I see 0 reason to play him if he's not 100%. Let him use the bye to get (hopefully) fully healthy.

Titans don't have any good pass catching TEs or RBs to worry about. Henry is the concern and Klien is actually a good run stuffing LB.

Edited by Process

1 minute ago, Bleedbuffaloblue said:

Assume we will get some type of update on Milano’s status tomorrow or Thursday. Personally I hope they keep him out this week and don’t play him until after the bye. Make sure that hamstring injury is fully healed so he doesn’t have any setbacks. If they can dispose of the Chiefs like they did without him I have to believe they can do the same to the Titans.

yeah...BTW he was. a 'Limited' participant on last Friday....So he must be getting better.   

2 hours ago, TheProcess said:

He’s one of our best players. If they say he can go, then you play him. 

I have to believe that the weather will play a role.  Right now the forecast for next Monday in Nashville is good - low chance of rain, light winds, probably about 60 degrees at game time.

If the forecast is for a slippery field in any way, expect Milano's hammy to get another week of vacation.

13 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I have to believe that the weather will play a role.  Right now the forecast for next Monday in Nashville is good - low chance of rain, light winds, probably about 60 degrees at game time.

If the forecast is for a slippery field in any way, expect Milano's hammy to get another week of vacation.

Aside from that, if there was ever a game to want Klein in there it would be against a power running team. I’ll trust the staff to do the right thing, but with the bye week following, Milano should have plenty of time to get back to 100%. 

I mentioned in another thread that I thought AJ Klein was a good matchup vs Derrick Henry. Milano's certainly the better LB. He does everything, and can be all over the field in coverage, blitzes, run D, etc. But Klein is playing really well. He's fast, and plays mean. He's been great stopping the run-- that really is his wheelhouse. And he has 20 pounds on Milano. And Henry is the biggest threat on the Titans.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

16 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

It's ridiculous that we have to go all the way back to the Miami game to have both those conditions (or better) show up at the same time.

EDIT: All you teams playing in consistently ideal conditions with a little bit of rosiness on your checks at the end of Sunday afternoons enjoy it for now.

Because winter is coming and the North remembers.

Edited by dollars 2 donuts
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

It's ridiculous that we have to go all the way back to the Miami game to have both those conditions (or better) show up at the same time.

EDIT: All you teams playing in consistently ideal conditions with a little bit of rosiness on your checks at the end of Sunday afternoons enjoy it for now.

Anyone know where I can get me one of those Buffalo logo hats with the little icicles on the Buffalo?

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

Not sure I'd call Miami very good, think it was extremely hot and humid even by Miami standards!

• Like (+1) 1

19 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Anyone know where I can get me one of those Buffalo logo hats with the little icicles on the Buffalo?

They were exclusive to Wegmans.  Have to be lucky to find one if and when they restock them or pay a fortune on eBay.

27 minutes ago, Doc said:

Smokescreen.  He practices, is listed as questionable...and then is inactive.

Milano will play this week.  Bank on it.

• Disagree 1
  • Agree 2

5 minutes ago, jimmy10 said:

I saw them at Tops as well. But that was last year. 

Yeah it might have been Wegmans and Tops.  Wegmans on Sheridan had them this past March but I unfortunately didn't pick one up.  Haven't really been there much since so I don't know if they are still restocking them.  I haven't seen them in the Tops around me ever.

3 minutes ago, Sugar High JA17 said:

$75+ on Ebay, Sweet looking cap

Yes it is but I'm not getting ripped off by some guy that went around to all the Wegmans/Tops and bought them all up for 30 bucks so he could rip people off.

Edited by Scott7975

3 minutes ago, PetermansRedemption said:

Sit him until after the bye. If he couldn’t come back for KC I want him to rest as long as he needs to be 100%. If he has to rest that hammy until the playoffs, so be it. 

He’s practicing today, and was very close to playing Sunday night, so he doesn’t have that serious of an injury to keep him out that long 

• Agree 1

7 minutes ago, PetermansRedemption said:

Sit him until after the bye. If he couldn’t come back for KC I want him to rest as long as he needs to be 100%. If he has to rest that hammy until the playoffs, so be it. 

That's not the way it works.  If Milano can play, he'll play Monday night. 

• Like (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

This idea that is being thrown out by some to arbitrarily have Milano sit to rest his hammy is nuts.  

The decision should be based on whether or not he is putting himself at a medium/high level or risk of aggravating the injury.  In other words, is he healthy or not?   If he's healthy, you play him.  Tennessee is a team when they are playing well is one of the better teams in the league and this is a big Monday night football game against a conference foe who whooped our butts last year on the road.   

Milano has been playing at an All pro level this year, the Bills could use him in this matchup.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 5
  • Thank you (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.