Week 4: Texans at Bills

YoloinOhio

2 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Nah.  They were playing defense at a high level going into the AFCCG last season.

But they were intimidated and beaten before they got off the bus that day(and to an extent in the earlier game with their play-not-to-lose gameplan).

It wouldn't have mattered what their defensive ranking was.

KC could have finished 15-1 if they needed to so they were going to get home field and a scared Bills team wasn't beating them.

Love McD then & now, but that game was a complete debacle & it’s on him. We’ll see what he’s learned from that a week from Sunday.

• Like (+1) 2

12 minutes ago, Rico said:

Love McD then & now, but that game was a complete debacle & it’s on him. We’ll see what he’s learned from that a week from Sunday.

The defensive gameplan in particular was a complete head-scratcher, as were the conservative decisions to kick FGs.  It was out of character and I hope McD really has become a better version of himself this season.

Edited by eball
  • Like (+1) 2

22 minutes ago, Rico said:

He needs to find his inner-wrestler and take some revenge on Andy for this:

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/573981-breaking-news-philadelphia-eagles-fire-sean-mcdermott

• Agree 1

Not good about Taron, same with Poyer.  Tomorrow injury report should give more clarity, if we should expect them to play.

If Taron or Poyer can't go, my guess, is that Lewis would get called up before Wildgoose and rotate with Neal at NCB.  Josh Thomas called up and be our other Safety backup, with J. Johnson starting

14 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Just jam and double team Kelce. Take him completely out of the offense. I don't care if Tyreek is naked. I'm so sick of Kelce beating us.

Yeah, I would fire up Edmunds until he’s frothing at the mouth and have him smash Kelce at the line of scrimmage each and every play.

More  important though ito get physical with the Rat, even if you costs you a roughing the passer penalty. As we all saw in the SB, he folds easily when he is hit, unlike Josh. You hit Josh and all you will do is piss him off.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, MasterStrategist said:

Not good about Taron, same with Poyer.  Tomorrow injury report should give more clarity, if we should expect them to play.

If Taron or Poyer can't go, my guess, is that Lewis would get called up before Wildgoose and rotate with Neal at NCB.  Josh Thomas called up and be our other Safety backup, with J. Johnson starting

If ever there was a week to rest players this is it

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

6 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I just don’t think this staff/team thinks that way 

Is the P/S rule still limited to 2 call-ups per week?

If so, be interesting to see how they manage gameday roster if Feliciano, Poyer, and Johnson all have to miss.

I'd say Cam and Thomas should be the call-ups/dress, perhaps they dress Doyle if they think Brown can backup on interior (with Bates).

Just now, MasterStrategist said:

Is the P/S rule still limited to 2 call-ups per week?

If so, be interesting to see how they manage gameday roster if Feliciano, Poyer, and Johnson all have to miss.

I'd say Cam and Thomas should be the call-ups/dress, perhaps they dress Doyle if they think Brown can backup on interior (with Bates).

It is unless they actually want to sign someone from the PS to the 53, if they had to send someone to IR

• Thank you (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I'm not speaking for @John from Riverside but the way I took it is IF some guys need a week off to get over some injuries this is the week that

has the least impact to still field a team that can win.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

38 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

Inevitable after this vicious helmet to helmet.

If THAT is where the concussion came from, we may have some issues! 😳 Glad Josh was able to revive him! 

These guys seem to have so much fun together, thet would be hard NOT to like! 

3 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

I guess it just would confuse me as to why the team would force injured guys to play?

If they are hurt sit them.

If they aren’t cleared to play, they won’t. I’m just saying that my prediction is the opponent makes no difference in that decision. Perhaps I read the comment wrong, if so I apologize 

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

If they aren’t cleared to play, they won’t. I’m just saying that my prediction is the opponent makes no difference in that decision. Perhaps I read the comment wrong, if so I apologize 

It would send a pretty contradictory message to be all one week at a time and take every opponent seriously, but oh some of our best players aren't going to play even though they could.

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

"Resting" players in Week #4?  Seriously? That better not be the way this team thinks. This isn't a meaningless game at the end of the year. You don't rest players in week #4.  Now, if you have a player who is injured with something that has a good chance of being exacerbated this week, then maybe you keep him from playing to protect him.  But IMO that has to be legit. If the players can tell the bosses aren't taking the game seriously maybe they don't take it all that seriously either. 

35 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

Rain on Sunday— ugh. Build a dome, I beg you!!! 

I know this is so ‘last century’ of me, but seriously?? A dome??

To me, half of being a Bills fan is rejoicing in being outside watching them, no matter the weather.

I watched two of our SB appearances on a TV that we moved outside (with a tarp strung up over it) just so it would feel like we were actually at a Bills game…and yes, it snowed both times, couldn’t have been happier (at least with the weather…).

Edited by Rhode Island Red
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Rhode Island Red said:

I know this is so ‘last century’ of me, but seriously?? A dome??

To me, half of being a Bills fan is rejoicing in being outside watching them, no matter the weather.

I watched two of our SB appearances on a TV that we moved outside (with a tarp strung up over it) just so it would feel like we were actually at a Bills game…and yes, it snowed both times, couldn’t have been happier (at least with the weather…).

its just that our strength now is this high octane precision passing offense. Unlike the K gun days, we really don’t have a strong running game to lean on when needed. I’d rather have the option with the new stadium to at least minimize the weather, if we want to. 

7 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

its just that our strength now is this high octane precision passing offense. Unlike the K gun days, we really don’t have a strong running game to lean on when needed. I’d rather have the option with the new stadium to at least minimize the weather, if we want to. 

This is not a synchronized swim team we’re rooting for, it’s football, c’mon now…

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, The Dean said:

"Resting" players in Week #4?  Seriously? That better not be the way this team thinks. This isn't a meaningless game at the end of the year. You don't rest players in week #4.  Now, if you have a player who is injured with something that has a good chance of being exacerbated this week, then maybe you keep him from playing to protect him.  But IMO that has to be legit. If the players can tell the bosses aren't taking the game seriously maybe they don't take it all that seriously either. 

Vet rest is a normal policy for NFL teams throughout the season as far as the injury report goes, especiallu on Tuesday and Wednesday. Some teams have a set day off for vets and it looks like Buffalo rotates through. Most of the time, guys are banged up and they report whatever injury issue there is because you have to report in the NFL. 

They don't need to practice as much as younger players do, so Friday and Saturday injury reports are a much better indicator of what will happen on Sunday.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

Boring

And you may be forgetting about the value of a dominant defense.

Both teams are on an even playing field, either way.

• Thank you (+1) 1