Week 4: Texans at Bills

YoloinOhio

Davis Mills' college draft report says he's smart and has a good arm, but he's a pocket passer with little mobility, and didn't have a whole lot of college experience.  I doubt he got a lot of starter reps in training camp.  The bottom line is, he has to be learning on the fly.  He's not going to have anywhere near the kind of escapability that Taylor Heineke has.  I don't think Houston has a great offensive line or elite receivers.  If Buffalo's defense doesn't have a great day on Sunday, they shouold feel embarrassed for themselves.  Frankly, it's the same for Buffalo's offense. 

On 9/27/2021 at 9:28 AM, teef said:

that neck is very steve grogan like.

If Mills had a normal neck, he'd be 6 feet tall, not 6'4"

3 hours ago, Logic said:

I hear ya.

The reason I said what I said about the Texans instead of the Jets is that weird things can always happen in divisional games, as highlighted by the fact that we had weird, close games against clearly inferior Jets teams the past couple seasons. Last year, against the horrible Adam Gase version of the Jets, we won by 10 and 8 points, respectively.

Meanwhile, as bad as Zach Wilson has been, I'd still take him over Davis Mills. 

Jets should be an easy win, don't get me wrong. But this Texans roster, with Mills at QB and Culley at HC? It has "blowout Bills win" written all over it.

I think the Jets are worse now than under gase. Also Remember gase had experience preparing for the bills going back years in Miami. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Logic said:

I hear ya.

The reason I said what I said about the Texans instead of the Jets is that weird things can always happen in divisional games, as highlighted by the fact that we had weird, close games against clearly inferior Jets teams the past couple seasons. Last year, against the horrible Adam Gase version of the Jets, we won by 10 and 8 points, respectively.

Meanwhile, as bad as Zach Wilson has been, I'd still take him over Davis Mills. 

Jets should be an easy win, don't get me wrong. But this Texans roster, with Mills at QB and Culley at HC? It has "blowout Bills win" written all over it.

Ironically however. 3rd rd pick Mills had a better outing than pretty much all of the 1st rd rookie QB’s last week…

https://texanswire.usatoday.com/lists/texans-davis-mills-rookie-qbs-week-3/

3 hours ago, Warcodered said:

Gase really held that team together. 

It’s nice to have my genius be appreciated…

7CD935DF-1B0A-4F08-8450-4007CAE3F5C5.thumb.jpeg.f90c3bbe4e4741a872b2d9f202b1eacf.jpeg

3 hours ago, Bob Chandler's Hands said:

Am I the only one that sees "Davis Mills" and turns it mentally into "Miles Davis"? 

I keep expecting to hear that Cannonball Adderley is starting at running back. 

Now that's a combination i can get behind.  👍

• Awesome! (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Bob Chandler's Hands said:

Am I the only one that sees "Davis Mills" and turns it mentally into "Miles Davis"? 

I keep expecting to hear that Cannonball Adderley is starting at running back. 

With Coletrane at running back, Monk as WR and Mingus at TE!  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, HappyDays said:

Does anyone else not feel entirely like it is a game week? Usually by now I'm already anxious for Sunday to be here. It just doesn't feel the same.

No.  I’m already looking at the long term weather forecast and watching Mills’s college highlights on YouTube.  Dude has an arm on him.

2 minutes ago, The Dean said:

Why only protect three, when they can protect four? Is there some advantage to that I'm unaware of?

Ralph is cheap.

• Haha (+1) 1

51 minutes ago, The Dean said:

😆

That rarely makes me laugh, it's used so much. But that time it got me.

It’s pretty odd so that's all that I could think of right away.  I guess you could say McBeane want their practice squad players to “earn” that designation.  

I guess it’s also possible McBeane are being nice guys and allowing the remaining ps players to have the opportunity to be signed to another 53 man roster as being protected is punitive in some regard.  It's little things like that that builds trust throughout the organization as a whole.  Maybe I'm reaching.

19 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

I think Davis ankle is probably fine or they would make him inactive and get someone else on the gameday roster. My observation is that Sanders has eaten up his snaps early in the season because they are trying to establish the connection between he and Allen abd fully integrate him into the offense. They also have been playing knox a lot more which keeps a WR off the field. My feeling is that as we move toward midseason, once they feel comfortable with Sanders in the offense, Davis’s snaps and targets will go up because they will want to start load management with Beasley and Sanders. They need to avoid what happened with our WRs down the stretch last season, they were all playing very injured in the playoffs. 

I think Knox has earned full time duty and the RBs are good to very good receivers. 
Suck 1st World problems!..

16 hours ago, eball said:

I'm glad that worked out well for you Sunday.

You do realize that the "kill them with kindness" philosophy tends to yield good results, right?

Kindness?? Nah. Kick ‘em in the jewels!

13 hours ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

Not even I am concerned about this game in any way, shape, or form. It is literally impossible for the Bills to lose this game.

I remember a game back in 92 or 93 (forget the year) where the Bills played the Jets at home and they were a 17 point favorite. Jets DE Dennis Byrd suffered a serious injury as he was almost paralyzed in a game the week before. Fortunately he was able to walk again. Anyway the Jets beat the Bills 24-17 so anything can happen.

• Like (+1) 2

Bills 45

Texans 14

2 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

That really is insane.  If we win it all, this will be talked about more from the national media.  

I mean they are the definition of laughers most games...Bills building huge leads and mostly coasting

2 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

Bills 45

Texans 14

I mean they are the definition of laughers most games...Bills building huge leads and mostly coasting

Last years hot stretch, I wouldn’t even be focused in the games by the 4th quarter…we’re ahead by a lot and moving the ball at will.  I started flipping to the other games that were close.

56 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Last years hot stretch, I wouldn’t even be focused in the games by the 4th quarter…we’re ahead by a lot and moving the ball at will.  I started flipping to the other games that were close.

I mean I can't blame you...at that point it's pretty much the Bills doing whatever they want on offense and the other team just trying to get to the end of the game as fast as possible.

8 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

It’s pretty odd so that's all that I could think of right away.  I guess you could say McBeane want their practice squad players to “earn” that designation.  

I guess it’s also possible McBeane are being nice guys and allowing the remaining ps players to have the opportunity to be signed to another 53 man roster as being protected is punitive in some regard.  It's little things like that that builds trust throughout the organization as a whole.  Maybe I'm reaching.

Actually that's the only reason I could think of for keeping only three.

1 hour ago, Royale with Cheese said:

You did WHAT?

• Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

That really is insane.  If we win it all, this will be talked about more from the national media.  

2 hours ago, Big Turk said:

Bills 45

Texans 14

Somewhere on this board somebody started a thread about point differential as if it was something for Bills fans to be "concerned" about.  I posted in that thread how it was inaccurate to say the Bills weren't winning big last year based upon the streak Yolo quoted above.  It's true -- ever since the Arizona Hail Mary the Bills are beating the piss out of people in the regular season.  The Steeler game was an anomaly.  This is the start (continuation) of a historic run.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1